Page 3 of 28 FirstFirst 12345678910111213141516171819202122 ... LastLast

Thread: Feedback Thread: GUI Changes

The New Skills interface

Let be be the first to say that the new Skills window ... is not well done.

WTB old format.

Where to begin ....

Basics:

The primary function of the GUI in a gaming environment is to convey information and allow user control. Clarity and ease of use are key. i.e. Don't put graphics behind text unless the text is part of the artwork and not meant to be read.

The less clicking the user has to do to perform a fuction the better. NEVER add more branches to an exixting user interface that force the user to perform more clicks for the same operation as the old.

Issues:
    The new interface takes up too much window surface and is a hinderance to adding points quickly after leveling in a fast moving team. And no, I dont want the points 'auto distrubted'.

It's harder to navagate than the old.

The point size of the fonts used to display stat points is too small.

It's harder to read the different colored text on the nice grey background. Who decided that dark blue text on a dark grey backgroud was a good thing?

I used to be a brunette until that unfortunate, 50 million credit 'accident' with the Surgery Clinique.

Yeah, I found out it was hidden from us... but we can't reset Abilities anymore

Someone doesn't know how to read -_-
    "How do you prove you exist..?
    Maybe we don't exist..."
    - Vivi FFIX
    FFVIII is extremely underrated. It pwns j00!
    I have a custom title and you don't... oh wait, you do
    I have more posts than Satenia

::::: HugeMap is old, CSPmap is new! (Website) (Download) :::::

bah sucky map window cant we customize it?
    and the new skills window basic blocked your screen when u open it and lags out

can FC give us back a option to have a older skills windows and new windows?

so how can you actually check how many ipr's you got left? petition for each time?

Quote Originally Posted by Constant View Post
    bah down with this new skills window view its blocked the screen and we can run around with it
    and lags out
    duno why FC remake it while is not broken

give us a option FC
    either new or old one
    Quote Originally Posted by Jomish View Post
    the window lag on the IP interface is not good

we constantly check this ... constantly

this is not an improvement
    Quote Originally Posted by Anualken View Post
    WTB rollback
    Quote Originally Posted by Stormstrider View Post
    Come on, really..
    Make the world map and skill window remember their settings between times you open them...

Mouse wheel zoom as optional please

You guys^^
    Read this vv

Quote Originally Posted by Xentaris View Post
    ah ok, i checked the GUI a bit better...

The rest is all nice, so far. It only requires getting used to it.
    Good job, all in all!
    Fenikkusu ::.. 220/28/70 Keeper ..::
    Busata ::.. 220/21/xx Trader ..::
    Khars ::.. 150/12/xx Enforcer ..::
    Proud members of TETN.

ah, another bad thing about current planet map window:

now you can't notice anymore if you have a mission or a shop currently selected or not... previously you could just take a look at the icons on the map... how do you do it now?

Quote Originally Posted by The Chong View Post
    For The Love Of God Put My Scroll Button Back To Normal!!!! Omg It Hurts!
    BUMP!

As I have begged for in previous threads without getting any response whatsoever; please please please make this optional :'(
    Stars "Wormx" Monkey 220/30/70 3rd opi fix on RK1, 7th on all dimensions to hit AI30 Thanks for all the raids : )
    DanceMeTo "Summerglow" TheEndOfLove 220/27/67 Opi Fixer. Yes, I like fixers.
    LifeIs "Winterglow" NoCabaret 150/14/42 Opi Fixer. Waiting for more hits with the nerfbat.
    Doctor "Wormx6" Panda 220/20/55 Atrox doctor, dinged 220 off Thrak key quest : )
    Mr "Ceilingcat" Monkey 220/23/52 Soli MP, hiding in the ceiling, watching...
    Too many other alts to list here...

ah, another bad thing about current planet map window:

now you can't notice anymore if you have a mission or a shop currently selected or not... previously you could just take a look at the icons on the map... how do you do it now?
    You have to have the buttons enabled and see if they're lit up

I personally have very few problems with the new GUI , everything works and saves as it is supposed to. The only thing I dislike is the new map buttons and the zoom on mouse wheel. Everything else is great
    "How do you prove you exist..?
    Maybe we don't exist..."
    - Vivi FFIX
    FFVIII is extremely underrated. It pwns j00!
    I have a custom title and you don't... oh wait, you do
    I have more posts than Satenia

::::: HugeMap is old, CSPmap is new! (Website) (Download) :::::

new map window weirdness

Sometimes as I drag the map around in the new window, chunks of the map will disappear and reappear after dragging it again. This occurs even when standing still. The missing portions vary in size from small squres to large rectangles, 'L' shapes etc... Sometimes I can quickly make them go away by dragging the map around...other times it can take several tries to fix.

EDIT: Now I've found that sometimes I can actually push the missing chunk around by dragging the map. As the missing chunk (a 'T' shape in this case)is dragged and hits the window's border it will sometimes shift to a new section of the visible portion of the map.

Using spheremap in inferno atm btw.
    Last edited by Vlain; Aug 29th, 2006 at 16:30:12.
    o¤°`°¤o,¸¸¸,o¤°¤o,¸¸¸,o¤°`°¤o mahnamahna roflmao mahnamahna o¤°`°¤o,¸¸¸,o¤°¤o,¸¸¸,o¤°`°¤o

Vlainstrike 220/30ma[S][Pics]; Jadeprakasha 220/12mp; Crashloop 167/23fx
    --------------------------------------------------
    Concept MA Attack: Attack of the Three Fates
    --------------------------------------------------
    Twas brillig, and the slithy toves
    Did gyre and gimble in the wabe;
    All mimsy were the borogoves,
    And the mome raths outgrabe.
    ~Lewis Carroll

please chanch back to old skills window the new one is just awful

Planetmap prefs getting saved here just fine, it certainly is weird it works on some, and not on others.

Would like an option for disabling the scroll wheel zooming though.

Quote Originally Posted by Telcea View Post
    You have to have the buttons enabled and see if they're lit up

I personally have very few problems with the new GUI , everything works and saves as it is supposed to. The only thing I dislike is the new map buttons and the zoom on mouse wheel. Everything else is great
    ah, that's how... ok thanks!

i am viewing it from a "button disabled" perspective because in a 800x600 window i really dont have space for those buttons in my current gui layout

its time for me to find a new layout maybe

wtb old skill gui back...

Angry

The new skill window is Rubbish, appauling in every way... Useless, why fix something that worked perfectly?
    Last edited by Gonoc; Aug 29th, 2006 at 19:14:14.
    What difference does it make to the dead, the orphans and the homeless, whether the mad destruction is wrought under the name of totalitarianism or the holy name of liberty or democracy?

OK I understand people like scrollbars on the mapwindow... but I really really REALLY don't, dear FC please optionalise these scroll bars....
    I made a reference to a fictional extra-terrestrial hive-mind race of beings collectively called Grthulox, and you need an indication that I'm not being completely serious?

[Infferno]: btw u are girl in rl or something ? To [Infferno]: nope To [Infferno]: 21 yo m [Infferno]: oki :> To [Infferno]: why? To [Infferno]: you wants cyb0rz? [Infferno]: stfu lol

Get to know the real Healyhatman at Healy's MySpace! Leave a comment!
    See the Healy the Atheist at The Enlightenment of the Healy - my Atheist Blog.

not gonna bother reading, just gonna tell ya what i hate

-planet map

-skill window

-how do i make my srpb

ah ok, i checked the GUI a bit better...

- Zooming when using scroll wheel... why do that? It's something rarely used, scrolling the right panel up/down is a way more common action, IMHO. To make it nice and coherent with what has always been, zooming should be hooked to CTRL+wheel, since all other camera adjustments are tied to CTRL+mouse
    BUMP!
    Quote Originally Posted by Mr_Stabby View Post
    Q: how to trigger a mass suicide?
    A: make randomletter advy proffessional
    Angercontrol: L 155 MP

Lifecontrol: L 145 advy

accidental repost
    Last edited by Jomish; Aug 29th, 2006 at 17:47:21. Reason: remv double post

Page 3 of 28 FirstFirst 12345678910111213141516171819202122 ... LastLast