Thread: FJRK: Cyborgs invade labs

FJRK: Cyborgs invade labs

FJRK: Cyborgs invade labs
    August 20th 29488

Multiple clan affiliated labs and facilities invaded by cyborgs today.

Both The Sentinels and Vanguards received reports this morning that several clan labs and medical facilities were robbed and vandalized by groups of cyborgs. Surveillance from each of the crime scenes is almost identical. A wavy, glowing "tear" appears in the air inside the building, from which a group of 10 to 15 cyborgs emerge and begin ransacking the area. A couple of the holo-vids show that items were taken, though details on what exactly was stolen have not been released. Neither The Sentinels nor Vanguards have released statements at this time.

Members of the public who own or work in a lab or medical facility are advised to increase security until further notice.

Sounds like the work of Quantum Translocation. Which is something I've been working on in my spare time for the past few years.

Luckily, its easy to compensate for security but the power cost is immense. If any of you fellow lab owners have access to a Microwarp Transfer Relay, you can pre-emptively upset any anomalous Time/Space transmission signals. You might have to clean up a mess, but its a quick and dirty means of protecting yourself. You might also accidently expose yourself to Gamma emmissions, but you can circumvent that with proper safety gear.

Unless you don't own safety gear, or a Microwarp Transfer Relay, or a Sensor Relay, or a Computer that can network both. Then you're sort of screwed.

As a lower cost option, and if you don't mind being exposed to Tachyons, you can try emitting them with a wide band burst from a Particle Redirector and hope for best. That will generally screw up anything non-hardened, including satellite sensor imaging, as well as active cybernetic brain, eye, and ear implants.
    Towerblock, 220/30/70 Engineer
    President of Steadfast

And way too many alts...

Quote Originally Posted by Towerblock View Post
    Sounds like the work of Quantum Translocation. Which is something I've been working on in my spare time for the past few years.
    Of course you have. In your spare time.

As well as having recently cured the B-virus and dissected the cyborg condition whilst leading a Clan and being a 'Newland business leader'.

Perhaps this is me falling for your usual trolling, but I don't deny the possibility that you hold a key to solving everyone's cyborg problems.

However, you can hardly blame anyone for assuming you are an authority on nothing when you claim to be an authority on so much.

If you have an insight, even if it was easy for you, there's no need to present it as serendipity, while delivering us all a lecture, then chiding our foolishness when your advice isn't taken.

Unless you just want to be king of the ashes afterwards just so you can say 'I told you so'.
    Andrew Phillips
    Omni-Reform
    Truth is Power

Clan Envoy of the Omni Organisation Committee
    Reporter for the Omni-Tek Press Corp

Mr. Philips.

If you spent more time actually thinking, paying attention, or being part of something. Spent less time judging others, or their capabilities, or having tantrums about foreign affairs, you'd have learned by now that your opinions of them are a wasted effort.

In fact, the day you shut up and let the adults talk - is the day I'll be so flabbergasted I might not get the chance to.

And, between you and I - I'd love for you to come see my work on Quantum Translocation. Just on the offchance you get too close to the machine so I can flip the power button and get some amusement watching your particle body get sucked down the cosmic toilet.

And on the off chance you think none of my works exist, realize I've never worked on a project alone. Do you understand what that means? It means I have witnesses, cohorts, and partners in crime.

Whereas what do you have? Your word-of-the-day calender and crumpet pinky. I win.
    President of Steadfast

And way too many alts...

Ever you consider yourself the exception.

You more frequently roam the newsfeeds than any of us, yet think yourself a fit judge of how time is well spent.

You suggest contemplation, yet treat us to outpouring after outpouring, all the while anticipating others shutting up, presumably so that we might benefit from your uninterrupted wisdom.

What better advice to follow than your own: think before you speak if you want people to listen.

Claiming to be a pre-eminent researcher in diverse fields, a Clan leader and a Newland business 'leader' simultaneously doesn't add to but detracts from your credibility, passing over curing the B-virus, working on teleportation, and anatomising cyborgs in your spare time.

No one is a master of everything, and certainly not spending so much time on the grid making witticisms.

Let me put it this way. Had your 'collaboration' gotten rid of the B-Virus, prevented the cyborg attacks, and destroyed Bahirae, I could hardly suggest you have a problem getting your message out.

You attempt to mock me, yet only succeed in injuring yourself. Speaking and listening sums up my job. Do empty words of self-congratulation sum up yours? You speak more than every diplomat and politician on the planet.
    Last edited by Encyros; Aug 26th, 2014 at 01:12:37.
    Andrew Phillips
    Omni-Reform
    Truth is Power

Clan Envoy of the Omni Organisation Committee
    Reporter for the Omni-Tek Press Corp

This is a lot of hot talk from someone who has no friends. You have squandered your life betraying people, Mister Philips. I can only assume you bear all kinds of jealousy and hatred towards anyone who's living better than you.

And that's the difference between you and I. I'm an achiever. You're a deceiver, and not a very good one at that. Your aggressive ignorance is only matched by the long list of people who refuse to casually social with you.

I can see I have no choice but to just straight up ignore your arrogant attempts to debase everything you don't understand, or fear. I don't need to mock you, Mister Philips. Your history with people is the perfect example of your own failings.

Have a wonderful evening. I'm certain you'll continue to berate me at any chance you'll get, but now I'm just sick of listening to you parrot on about the same crap you always do. I'm filtering you out as of now. Consider that whatever warm victory dance you think will get you to sleep at night, because that's all that's left for you now. I'm certain the silence of not having an audience to throw your verbose Shakespearean quality drama at will be a perfect reminder of what that sort of seeds you've sown.

And again, I win.
    President of Steadfast

And way too many alts...

You've simply trolled here too often for too long.

Your habit wasn't prompted by me; you've been trolling these feeds since here before I had a job. Whose piteous victim were you then?

Why don't you actually achieve something? I'm not trying to dissuade you.

If you are Ka's unique scientist who has deconstructed cyborgs, cured the B-Virus, and understood this teleportation, then why didn't you deal with Bahirae's tyranny? Why did your cure not work? Why have you not prevented these thefts?

We only hear, invariably from you on the grid, of your discoveries. Never of what those discoveries have actually done to help. Perhaps you've been telling yourself, and everyone else, that you're an achiever and a leader so often that you actually managed to delude yourself.

I credit you with the intellect to think about someone who feels it necessary to write 'I win', on the grid, twice, in one conversation. Be honest with yourself in your opinion of someone else who does that, and how much you would troll them, and you begin to have self-awareness.
    Last edited by Encyros; Aug 26th, 2014 at 10:24:04.

((Ok... this is OOC, but I feel this needs to be said. This kind of exchange is not tolerated on the rest of the forums, and I dont think you should use RP as an excuse to allow it here. While I know your characters IC would be snarky with each other, this thread is descending farther and farther into a belittling that has little to do with RP and more to do with personal (even in an IC way) attacks. KNOCK IT OFF! Personal attacks are not going to be tolerated. Even between IC characters))

(( further note: I have deleted the posts that were basically further comments on this request. The point was made. I do not wish to discourage IC conflict and debate, but I also dont wish to see them continue beyond a reasonable level, which this was IMHO getting to. I also hope they continue discussion of the topic at hand ))
    Last edited by Ninanna; Aug 26th, 2014 at 21:09:57. Reason: added further note
    Coordinator Ninanna. LTC Team Lead

Current effective emails: Ninanna@ark.AOark.info, ark.Ninanna@gmail.com
    or for Mmir the Events AD: Mirr@ark.AOark.info, arkmmirad@gmail.com
    Events Department, Advisors of Rubi-Ka
    To Email Events Department

Rules of Conduct for Anarchy Online:
    Note: We encourage role-playing in the game and on the role-playing conference, but remember that role-playing is no excuse for harassment.

If you want to play an obnoxious role, you have a great responsibility to avoid hurting other people’s feelings. These social guidelines take precedence over role-playing in a conflict.
    Forum Social Guidelines

Flaming: Flaming is verbally attacking people or groups of people - e.g. a profession, an organization, a company. Name-calling and defamatory comments are typical examples of flaming.

Trolling: Trolling is posting to provoke others, luring them to flame or rant. Trolling is sometimes done involuntary, so please be considerate when posting.

Harassment: Harassment is a sub-set of trolling, which includes behaviour such as continually targeting a specific poster in your flaming attempts, posting harassing remarks regarding another individual, or otherwise being creepy/stalkerish. Harassment of another user will result in infractions being issued to your account.
    Questioning Moderation Policies
    Discussing Moderation: If a topic has been closed by a moderator, or if a moderator asks you to do something, you are expected to listen to their instructions and follow what they say. Arguing with a moderator, actively discussing previously-moderated topics, or otherwise posting regarding moderator actions is an infractable offense.

Moderation is not ever a topic for open forum. If you have any questions or feedback on moderation it should be addressed to the community manager or the specific moderator via private message.

*Do not post threads questioning moderation. Such threads will be removed.

*If a topic is closed or removed do not, under any circumstances, re-post the same topic or material. If you have any questions as to why a thread was closed or removed please contact the moderator via private message.

When a moderator finds the need to take action, this will typically consist of (A) removing offending posts from the forums, and (B) issuing infractions to any forums user found to be breaking the rules. Moderators may also, at their discretion, edit a post to remove offending content rather than remove it out-right. An "Infraction" is a point against your account - Once you have reached a certain amount of infractions, you will find your account temporarily suspended. Should this happen further instructions on what to do next will be available to you on logging into the Anarchy Online forums. If one of your accounts is banned, all accounts tied to you will be similarly restricted from the forums.
    If you feel an action taken against your forums account has been issued unfairly or in error, you may contact the moderation team regarding the matter.
    A reminder that the general Rules of Conduct and the Forum Social Guidelines still apply here, regardless of role-playing status. You were specifically asked by Ninanna, who functions as a moderator in this forum, to stop a particular behavior. If you have issue with this instruction, you may discuss it with her privately. If you are not satisfied with that avenue, you may discuss it with me, and so on up the line. Stop the personal attacks, and direct all moderation discussion to the appropriate persons. Thank you.
    Coordinator Anarrina
    Public Forums Moderation Team Lead
    Community Relations Department

Advisors of Rubi-Ka

Forum Social Guidelines // Social Events with ARK // Rubi-Ka Marriage Registry // ARK Tours // Join ARK!

A reader lives a thousand lives before he dies. The man who never reads lives only one. -- GRRM