Thread: "Free until January 15th, 2015?"

"Free until January 15th, 2015?"

IRL buddy of mine was interested in trying out AO, so we went to set him up with a froob account. When he was creating it, the account setup screen said that the offer was open until January 15th, 2015 and "may be extended."

Is this new? When I set up my alt froob account it basically said it was free until you paid or the game shut down.
    Slowly, one by one, the penguins rob me of my sanity
    Anualken Gimped old engineer.

Omni-Tek Protects.
    Me, as drawn my MrFli.

Old Engineers never die... they only fade away.

This is normal, nothing to worry about, it will be extended automagically although your "friend" might have to log in to the account page at some point to reactivate, maybe.
    Last edited by Notcrattey; Today at 05:51:45. Reason: Didn't actually edit it, was a mistake!

It's said that since the froob program was created, they simply add an extra year every time.

And if they ever killed the froob program this game would die a quick death, given how dependent everyone is on their froob mules/twinks/buff toons. So no worries
    General of Nocturnal Fear
    Trypha 220/30/70 Engy | Trypothecary 220/30/69 Doc | Tryptophy 220/30/68 Crat | Trypocalypse 220/30/70 Sold | Tryharder 220/30/68 NT | Trypointy 220/x/x Shade | Peasantry 200/30/69 Keeper | Trycharm 150/20/42 Crat

every year they change it to "15 January 20XX"
    they want to make people like "AWMAYGAWD, my free account is not free anymoar, lezz get credit card and subscribe"
    Genele: ofc I come back to u difs. U used to look as hot as me

Okay, was just wondering because I didn't remember that from when I started one. It's good to go, now I've just gotta get him set up with the testlive client. Wanna test the NPE with a REAL noob!
    Slowly, one by one, the penguins rob me of my sanity
    Anualken Gimped old engineer.

Omni-Tek Protects.
    Me, as drawn my MrFli.

Old Engineers never die... they only fade away.