Page 2 of 41 FirstFirst 123456789101112131415161718192021 ... LastLast

Thread: Monthly Development Update - 28th February 2014

Last
    Ekarona 220/30 Female Solitus Engineer, long term member of Northern Star and proper "poor" gimp.
    Ekaslave 220/low Female Solitus Trader, FLAT(TM) pricing TS, almost all can do!
    Ekaros almost there/almost there too Male Solitus Martial-Artist.
    Ekadv gimp/gimp Female Opifex Adventurer

Another stun for enfs? You are out of your mind. How about you log in for one day and play this game instead of making random updates...

And ofc once again, Keepers get the best of it. Now they all have pull nano so that their opponents dont have to run 5 sec before killing them in 3.
    Last edited by Opscuro; Feb 28th, 2014 at 19:06:07.

Great News GA based on BE, thats Nice now all 150 fixxers will have to redo their toon as IP is tight at that lvl and BE not something you ip...
    And seriously open ncu because someone uses illegal 3rd party programs, FC giving in for cheaters and sploiters instead of banning. So doing illegal stuff in this game gets rewarded good job:P

Quote Originally Posted by Toyhazard View Post
    Yea its pretty hilarious, it pretty much says: We dont know how to fix it and we cant ban the people who use it because we need the revenue. So we decide to open it up to everyone and screw over evade profs while making MR even more OP'd.
    Exactly. Sorry but this is the wrong way to go. Why can't you just start giving real bans for people using 3rd party programs instead of screwing innocent people in the process.

Can we all also get +2k runspeed? There are some TL5s running around with such "buff"? Or +500% dmg - there are people multiboxing 6 toons.

Again, while I honestly appreciate making life harder for sploiters, you should *not* make innocents suffer due to the "fixes". Have a strike-team of (competent) GMs check peoples equip/buffs or something, not this.

Don't let this go live and imabalance the game further. Let sploiters have 3rd party tools and sploited equipment, just don't ever let this go live.

Some game breaking changes here, and some not-at-all needed addons happening.

Killing HHAB actions is the most not needed thing that none wants to happen or is hardly OP or ruining anyones AO.

As usual devs not playing game, doing changes they *ASSUME* are good but going about it the wrong way.

And yea Enforcers need more stuns and Fixers need deflect along RRFE, CiB, DoF, Limb and over average killability. They missed defelct all this time.

And LoL at shades hiding in combat. Now they will be 100% not attackable before their MR 12345 hecatomb SA gank.

Repeat: Dont implement this.
    With every patch like this you ruin the game further instead of fixing it.

K, thanks.
    Last edited by Metafizis; Feb 28th, 2014 at 19:21:59.
    Quote Originally Posted by Vgman01 View Post
    With a kite team you generaly pay for your lvls. Imo this makes it ok..
    Quote Originally Posted by Vgman01 View Post
    Pocket teaming is fine to because (most of the time) players actualy step up and kill the hecklers.
    Quote Originally Posted by Hvyshadows View Post
    OST is actually a good thing. In many Ely heck teams where there is a pocket the rest of the team sits around and chats every once in awhile.

so.. will we get some IP resets now? Changes hits hard on some.
    For the funz....

oO interesting changes, didn't see a fixer reason to wine though.
    Caloss2 LVL 220 melee VANGUARD (semi retired).....Llewlyn 220/30/70 meepmeep.....Boooocal 220../30/70 Soldier.......Knack 220/30/70 Keeper.....Hiesenberg 215/xx/xx NT NERFED Neytiri1 220/30/70 Shade Knacker220/30/70Meat shield
    https://www.youtube.com/user/caloss2 for guides/walkthroughs/letsplays and all your other AO needs
    Quote Originally Posted by Mastablasta
    In my special design documents that I feed to the FC devs, who are my willing slaves.

hurray lets nerf the soldiers!
    I can't beleive this. lets delay death for 7 seconds.
    Do not give anybody the ability to see my ncu, i don't want them to know when my ams is down or up so they can save their specials. Another nerf for soldiers.
    220/30/70 OMNI SOLDIER - Tyler "Tyfow" Fowler SMG/PDKP -First!
    220/22/64 OMNI BUREAUCRAT - Iliek "Vaporeon" Mudkipz

Quote Originally Posted by Wakizaka View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Nusquam View Post
    We will enable everyone to see friendly nano programs in their opponent's NCU. This is to level the playing field for people who do not have access to 3rd party programs which provide this information.
    Hopefully that wasn't brought about by a small minority of 1 faction that was complained about by a specific org of the other faction that certain FC employees are incredibly buddy-buddy with, and was instead brought about because exploiting is bull**** and should be expunged wherever possible.
    This too. While I have no sympathy for sploiters regardless of side, I can't help seeing this connection also. Omnis using 3rd party program was deemed fine half a year ago without further explanations, some posts (and reports I assume) of certain clan org using something and you suddenly react like this? You seriously need to have a word about objectivity with someone if his own connections are behind this.

Sploiting is sploiting, which side is doing it should have no say in whether banhammer hits or not. EDIT: Let alone screw things for others.

I just checked my calendar to make sure I didn't sleep for a month on accident and it was April Fool's. Are you guys SURE about this?

Risky bsns!

Not too happy at people inspecting my twinks I must say! I don't want them to have the false hope of copying me will make them as good as me :/
    Devil Inside

Spead 220/30 Fixer Fpea 170/24 Agent
    Default1025 144/18 Trader Imaganker 75/8 Agent
    Franklucas 30/3 Trader Battleprod 13/0 Trader
    And exactly 137 other alts that you dont need to know

kool....can we know weld a gun in soical tab and use our normal wep? since everyone know what you're realy using now ^_=.

sort of a fix for ugly weapon new mesh upgrade ^_=
    "Don't think...feel, it's like a finger pointing towards the moon"

Let's see how this stuff plays out on beta.

Do like changes to inspect; don't like pandering to sploiters with the friendly NCU thing. "Deflect" you haven't said enough about and it will take a long time of testing it to see what effects it has. Also you must have just quadrupled the price of GA4 unless you make it more easily available somehow.

IMO it would be easier on devs and testers to just get rid of the parry skill and balance the profs some other way.
    Last edited by Tryptophy; Feb 28th, 2014 at 20:05:56.
    General of Nocturnal Fear
    Trypha 220/30/70 Engy | Trypothecary 220/30/69 Doc | Tryptophy 220/30/68 Crat | Trypocalypse 220/30/70 Sold | Tryharder 220/30/68 NT | Trypointy 220/x/x Shade | Peasantry 200/30/69 Keeper | Trycharm 150/20/42 Crat

{edited by Anarrina: do not change the words of developers when quoting}
    Welcome to WoW.
    Last edited by Anarrina; Mar 2nd, 2014 at 23:39:10.

Nerfing inspect will cost them a paying customer. I know how gimp my toons are, I don't need to hear it from others.

Hi guys,

- All Signet of the apocalypse rings will no longer have a special action, because of this change, a few nano changes have been made:

• Enforcers, Keepers and Shades will get a root removal nano.
    • Doctors will get a DOT removal nano.
    • Soldiers will get their one more hit healing nano properly fixed, it will provide a 10 000 HP healing, giving the soldier 7 seconds to finish his battle before his health is set to 1. This is meant to be a last resort nano formula to buy you a little more time to turn certain defeat in to a possible victory.
    • Adventurers have gotten all their mezz nano formulas revamped. The Rubi-Ka mezz will be a proper mezz when the adventurer is in the leet form. The AoE mezz will remain a tool to pull enemies with, and can only be used on monsters who are not attacking the adventurer. However, if other monsters in the vicinity of this monster are attacking you, they will get their aggro list wiped.
    • Enforcers will get a Charge nano, which will stun their target while the enforcer sprints to it.
    • Shades will get the ability to hide in the middle of combat.
    • Keepers will get their reversed knockback to tractor enemies to their location.
    • All pet professions will get a nano to clear out hostile nanos from their pet's ncu.

- Items that used to be possible to equip with grid armor - prior to the introduction of the nano focus level bit - will be possible to equip with grid armor again.

- Grid armor will be opened up to the Shadowlands and will require Break& Entry instead of Mat. Crea.

And the obligatory nerf:
    - Grid armor will no longer provide nano resistance.

Alright guys, thanks for listening. Hopefully once we have had our planning meeting, Genele will have all sorts of juicy plans to share with you next month!

Joel Bylos
    I did not see a nano for Traders, NT's, Fixers or Martial Artists to replace the ring changes ...

Does that mean they will see new nano's in a following patch, or did they not have a "ring action"?

Not sure about the inspect being open or the NCU showing friendly nano's ... but I can see your logic for the changes.

Grid Armor using B&E may cause some complaints since wrangles, mocham's, etc. do not buff B&E. Will fixers get some help on their B&E either thru new/updated self buffs or perklines particularly at lower levels?

Thanks for the update.

Emma

edit: I forgot about the thief perkline ...
    Last edited by Emma; Feb 28th, 2014 at 20:40:38.

How will deflect work vs fullauto or burst? Will the whole attack glance if the first bullet does? Will aimed shot, sneak attack and dimach glance?
    Will this only count vs normal attacks or will nanos and perks also glance? Will a glance cancel secondary effects or procs?

I might think of re-subbing......

not.

sorry
    since 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by Means View Post
    FYI: Cola burns when it comes out your nose...I now know this because of you.

- We will disable the ability to decline inspects. We fully expect this to lead to an increase in the number of exploit reports that we receive and a decrease in the actual exploiting.
    First of all, I call BS on this one:
    If you were truly concerned about exploits, you would have acted a lot faster and harsher when the recent irregularities with the GMI and Item Shop occurred.

This is what "inspect" is used for in EVERY MMO that has it:

1) Kick people from teams if they are "deemed" under-geared.
    Do you think that's desirable when you have such an enormous economic gap in the game?
    Do you think that's desirable when LFT has only about a dozen people during peak hours?

2) To give people unsolicited advice on how to gear.
    In a game that has no "best setup" do you think that is desirable?

I'm perfectly willing to have all my toons inspected by a GM!
    You will find no exploits, I have nothing to hide. But I strongly oppose to being scrutinized by every jerk in Borealis!

I was opposed to inspect when you first introduced it in 2006(?) but since you made it optional I had it disabled on all my toons since.
    Yes, it's weird in the age of social media, but I do value my privacy and I respect the privacy of others.

One last word of warning - the more you make AO like "modern MMOs", the more you will alienate your loyal base that has been here for a decade or longer.

AO's charm is that it is NOT like any other MMO - keep it that way!

Zero agent love, but more shade love? O.o
    I make it look easy, 'cause it is to me.

Page 2 of 41 FirstFirst 123456789101112131415161718192021 ... LastLast