Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: The best solo profession.

Hmm, not sure whether I agree more with Distrurbance or Talan...

I haven't played a high level Doc, mine is still level 100, whilst Jaegerin dinged 210 last night - must update signature!

I've seen 215+ Docs soloing some pretty awesome mobs that at 209 I wouldn't think about touching

Saying that, I've seen adventurers soloing similar mobs and I've seen a lot of doctors on reclaim lately... The defensive abilities of the Adventurer are fantastic, and I think a Doc and Adventurer are an unstoppable duo at most levels! Out hunting patterns the other night, the only thing(s) that stopped us were Anansi's Right Hand, 4 Anansi Guardians, 2 Eremites and a 2nd Boss mob, can't remember the name all aggroing us together. When you are being hit for 40k plus a second, even BioCocoon and CH don't help

It will definitely be interesting to see what Jaegerin can solo later on - she can do SL solo missions with ~240 mobs in it now, and she has soloed 250+ Alien mobs in the ship after the rest of the raid chickened out because the doctor had to log out after the general...

My guess is that the Adv will kill them faster and with a Doc the mobs will die of boredom As long as the mobs aren't hitting the doctor for more HP than they have, per hit, I can't see the doctors having any real problems. The Adventurer needs to be a little more circumspect, they can't heal that much (the SL heals are excrutiatingly slow and can't match a Doctor for the amount per heal that gets healed), they have to rely more on their defences to minimise the incoming damage... I would say it is going to be a close call between them. But when the defences are down, I would probably give the Doc the win by a nose...
    Lorna, 209/13 Trader on Die Neue Welt
    Jaegerin 220/21 Adenturer equip
    Yeuh 220/20 Doctor equip
    General of Midnight Syndicate

- Live long and prosper, but not at the expense of your comrades

1) Docs (can solo higher lvl mobs/harder mobs than the rest.

2) Keepers, MAs, Advs, Shades (Solo stuff faster than docs, but cannot solo the highest/hardest mobs)

As for the original question, id say Doc + Soldier is the best/safest 2-man combo for soloing and the combo that could probably solo hardest mobs.

When it comes to walking around unharmed nothing's better than a crat

Heh, the general consensus seems to be that docs are only capable of chainhealing infinitely while hitting for 10 points of damage every 30 seconds. Docs are not slow killers, and the mobs that we actually have to spend a lot of time on, are the ones that arent really soloable by any other prof than doc anyway.

I should think that whopping Afreet in under 3 minutes is a good performance damage-wise, and I dare any advie to come and do it much faster than that.

Any doc with good defenses, 15k+ HP and a tweaked out HP regeneration setup can easily triple dot and thus keep damage constant and high.
    ACCOUNT STATUS
    Cancelled

WoW ftw.

well like others say..its not only abot how hard mobs u can kill but also about how fast u can do it. Docs obviously can kill the hardest mobs and shades kills the fastest in 99% of cases. but if u factor in how hard mobs u can kill AND how fast u can do it its no real competition, shades wins over all ^^

and for best duo i allways said doc/shade....been confirmed many times...not only doc provides best heals...they also provide huge dmg boost for shades with CH. and shade provides what docs lacks...dmg and evades. u wont be able to duo the beast but u can kill hard mobs and fast :P

if u factor in pvp its another story

FYI, high level docs DONT use CH. I heal for more than CH with a ton less recharge.

I would love for someone to post the actual per second healing of a 220 doc (including BI and perks) versus a 220 adavy. I'll bet it's not as close as some think.
    Maybe you can only be young once, but you can be immature forever.

Quote Originally Posted by Rantera
    I would love for someone to post the actual per second healing of a 220 doc (including BI and perks) versus a 220 adavy. I'll bet it's not as close as some think.
    For me, it is 2.843 - 3.248 HP/sec; this includes Bodily Invigoration (modified by +21% heal efficiency through perks) + temp buff, HoT effect from the long HP buff, short HoT, and Healdelta.

The common heal perks such as Team Heal (1300HP +heal mod. every 60 seconds) and Battlegroup Heal x 4 (5000HP +heal mod. every 10 min) are not part of this calculation.

FYI, high level docs DONT use CH. I heal for more than CH with a ton less recharge.
    Thanks for stressing this; people seem to stick with the missconception of docs using CH like flies would stick to candy (pardon the analogy). CH becomes more or less obsolete with the introduction of the higher SL heals, and remains viable only in some pvp situations where a full defensive mode is to be preferred.
    Last edited by Tchaalina; Jun 28th, 2005 at 18:05:32.
    ACCOUNT STATUS
    Cancelled

WoW ftw.

Yeah yeah docs are uber... in case anyone had any doubt.
    Pompidou, Vanguard - Setup
    Zitrone, Deity (?) - PvP PvM

AO PvP Guide for beginners (by Silentslash)
    Waiting for LostEden... if it ever comes out!

Former Bureaucrat Professional Shevaya's Avatar
    with regards as to solo'ing i would like to add Bureaucrat to the list.
    It takes intense playing and to keep your witts about but it can be done
    Retired 220/20 Bureaucrat Shevaya
    Retired 220/18 Doctor Jezzara
    Retired 218/16 Soldier Alliya

More than one person here has included MA as a good solo char.

At 205 (kinda gimped tho) my experiense is that we kill pretty fast, but we drop like flies, the healing is really pathetic, so as soon as we find something that hits hard and has high attack rating, ma is out of the picture.

For me the fun of MA ran out after lvl 200 (Minimum dammage on most things in inferno and up, and bad healing. Evades are just slightly better, or equal to an advy anywhay) They are darn fun to lvl 200 tho, that has to be said Just my personal opinion. There's alot of uber MA's out there.

As i have two 215+ doc friends and a 220 Adv in my org and have seen what they can do, i have to say if you want to go a solo proffesion, go Adv or doc. I have no knowledge of Keepers but i have heard they rock.

Anyone who want to state me dead wrong on the MA business is more than welcome

If you want to solo just about any mob reachable without a raidforce, add a doctor to the duo.
    If you just want to kill things as fast as possible with enough healing to take down anything but LoTV for example, I would have to say an ma/adv or ma/shade combo is ideal.

A well setup MA can dish out insane damage endgame. As soon as you set foot on RK and low AC mobs (if that's your intention), there's no disputing the MA damage range. If your intent is killing mainly high AC mobs an adventurer or keeper is probably a slightly better option damage wise, but you'll also have to heal less if the MA is tanking because of the insane evades no adv or keeper can match.
    Moridin(Equip) Keeper Keeso Shade - Member of Haven
    Killer: 60% Explorer: 60% Socializer: 53% Achiever: 26%
    Your type is: KES. 1% of respondents so far fall into that type.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12