62 8.55%
  • New Shadowlands Mission

251 34.62%
  • Towerwars changes

244 33.66%
Page 5 of 18 FirstFirst 123456789101112131415161718 LastLast

Thread: You decide, first edition!

Quote Originally Posted by Pafpuf View Post
    I see nothing wrong with epic long battles. Really how can that be a bad thing, this community ugh.
    I'd be willing to try. But I do believe that with blockers, def auras, high evades and tons of heals, it will be very hard to kill anyone. In say, box room and you have 50+ ppl and as many or more pets to tab through, it will get very boring and slow to find a target.

Which basically means each prof will have to do what they're designed for instead of /assist + spam everything on whatever target is called.

All in all a brilliant idea.

Tbh without assist could be cool, would liven up the whole proces of pvping and take more "skill". on the sidenote with the MBing 2 accounts would still be okay, but it goes beyond that which solves this games problem where you need many to do one thing. But in one go u can do six times or even more times as much as a person not (ab)using the tool.

So yes removal of either /assist or /follow could help in this way, both are leasure options and dont NEED to be there.

The only negative i can think of for now with removing /follow is that blinding people would become way stronger.
    Metafly7 220/30/70 "E"

Advfly7 170/19/42 "E"

Proud member of ~Spirit~ Rubi-Ka Atlantean

Anarchy proves this quote wrong: "War would end if the dead could return." ~ Stanley Baldwin

Excepted that assist is also used in PVM for pratical purposes.
    Assisting the daughter in Alappaa to get whatever mob she is fighting, assisting the rookie to get whatever alien he is fight, assisting the bosses as doc to quickly heal whoever is gonna get splat, assisting your pets to find out what they are fighting, assisting a player to avoid hitting a calmed target.
    Follow was the only way to find someone in a crowd or large area when you had no map upgrade, but it has been made obsolete.
    RK1 - Malaxia - NM Bureaucrat (220/30/70) - Master of soloing
    RK1 - Telbruk - Solitus Soldier (220/30/59) - Mostly harmless
    RK1 - Telbewbs - Solitus Doctor (220/30/65) - Raiding assistant
    RK1 - Telbot - Atrox Adventurer (59/4) - Lovechild raid bot
    RK1 - Sumonia - NM Meta-Physicist (83/6) - Mochies totem
    RK1 - Coustaille - NM Engineer (52/0) - Totw Twink
    Test - Mala - Solitus Agent (220/30/70) - Council of Testers

President of Cosmic Forklift Inc. & General of Primal Evolution & Live Liaison of Council of Testers

Everything you need for your crat is here
    Testlive fun : MMOATP and more! Join us!

Quote Originally Posted by Metafly7 View Post
    Tbh without assist could be cool, would liven up the whole proces of pvping and take more "skill".
    Exactly!

The only negative i can think of for now with removing /follow is that blinding people would become way stronger.
    That's because their design is horrible. They should just be a -aao debuff, without the whole black screen deal. I suggested they remove that a long time ago, instead FC's unbelievably stupid idea in dealing with it was to implement 2 items with 50% and 60% resistances to said nanolines.

Exactly!

That's because their design is horrible. They should just be a -aao debuff, without the whole black screen deal. I suggested they remove that a long time ago, instead FC's unbelievably stupid idea in dealing with it was to implement 2 items with 50% and 60% resistances to said nanolines.
    Wasn't it announced a while ago that the actual "blind" part of blinds is going away? on a mobile device so searching is a real pain, but I swear it's been mentioned in one of the 18.7 notes so far.
    -= Make the new engine look even better. Don't forget to post a screenshot! =-

Not sure, if so then about time.

Option 1: New Instance
    For me, AO has always been about the story and content related to the story. As long as this instance is set up to expand the lore with some new, useful, interesting, and quirky items and not "uberleet pwnzjoozorzz" gear, it would be great!

Option 2: Monthly Boss Events
    Instead of just making it generic boss raid events, make it part of a story that evolves over time. Perhaps the events get more and more difficult or different as time goes on and more and more of the population would be required to help out through small quests that lead to the eventual arrival of the boss spawn for the story arc. Make it something epic that goes on over time but is a non-repeatable series of quests, events, etc. Make it so people can say "yeah, I was there when we took down the so-and-so creature that the guy two months ago summoned before we killed him" etc... This would be something unique and engaging for the community.

Option 3: Pathfinding
    This has been broken since I started back in 2001 and needs to be fixed immediately. Perhaps you should fix this before introducing anything else... seriously.

Option 4: New Shadowlands Mission
    Focus on the froob-game first, get more players, get more interest, and then release something new for SL in about 12 months. I actually view the SL as one huge dungeon with an end-boss. I don't think this is really something you should spend time on at this point.

Option 5: Making changes to Towerwars
    To be frank, I've always thought Notum Wars was one of the things that created the spike in PvP and ruined a piece of AO for me. When it first started, AO was about a story and an interactive RP story that evolved over the years. I fondly remember the short propaganda videos from the Dust Brigade, the bombings and the mystery that we had to unravel, the impromptu guests from Omni and Clan leadership that would appear and cause havoc now and then, and everything inbetween. Notum wars basically encouraged pvprage and other behavior that ends up being the ruin of games that were not designed around pvp to begin with. SL had/has an amazing story, added a metaphysical piece to AO, and was beautiful for its time and still stands up today as being one of the most original expansions to a game I've ever seen. I know nothing about Lost Eden or Legacy of the Xan and am anxious to level up and explore those story arcs now that I've returned. I have absolutely no interest in PvP. I came back for the community, the great people that RP here, the story, and the nostalgia of something I have always loved in the gaming world. Also, regardless of the naysayers, I am seriously anticipating the engine update and a resurgence for the community as a result.

Heck, I'd even be willing to help write for the monthly storylines for free...
    The Union - Neutral Org.
    ... Wardencraft ... - Neutral Atrox Keeper
    ... Gizmocraft ... - Neutral Nanomage Engineer
    ... Clobbercraft ... - Neutral Atrox Martial Artist

The Company - Omni Org.
    ... Boomcraft ... - Neutral Solitus Trader
    ... Blitzcraft ... - Omni Opifex Fixer
    ... Ragecraft ... - Omni Atrox Enforcer
    ... Traumacraft ... - Omni Solitus Doctor
    ... Voodoocraft ... - Omni Nanomage Nanotechnician

More videos coming soon on YouTube: BlockAndLode

Quote Originally Posted by Tryptophy View Post
    The NW crowd was complaining that it became PVT instead of PVP for awhile, but honestly that sounds more interesting. I remember how SWG implemented land control - you could set up a whole base with an inner playfield that required certain professions to take down, which could really fend for itself for an extended period due to the power of the NPCs inside and out. As a result there never had to be hot and cold times.
    ^^^this

Perhaps merging some aspects of NW with Alien Cities and creating that playfield as an add-on so it could be optional for Orgs with cities. Towers could be part of the city playfield... lots of interesting options there and glad to see another SWG vet
    The Union - Neutral Org.
    ... Wardencraft ... - Neutral Atrox Keeper
    ... Gizmocraft ... - Neutral Nanomage Engineer
    ... Clobbercraft ... - Neutral Atrox Martial Artist

The Company - Omni Org.
    ... Boomcraft ... - Neutral Solitus Trader
    ... Blitzcraft ... - Omni Opifex Fixer
    ... Ragecraft ... - Omni Atrox Enforcer
    ... Traumacraft ... - Omni Solitus Doctor
    ... Voodoocraft ... - Omni Nanomage Nanotechnician

More videos coming soon on YouTube: BlockAndLode

I'm going to suggest something radical. In addition to the tower change (which is pretty much the winner already) How about adding a PvM component to Tower Battles thats entirely seperate from the PvP battle...

It would work something like a mission beneath the tower fields (and Only be available during tower battles) Only attacking/defending org and those teamed with them can enter, instanced to 6 so multiple teams could get in. The final boss would be (for the attackers) Some kind of Tower control system or (for the defenders) A virus infected Tower Control. Victory for the attackers would destroy one tower of the Team Leaders choice, Defender Victory would fully heal one tower, again chosen by Team Leader. In addition the boss would drop some new loot (nothing overly powerful but some nice new level specific gear and consumables to keep people coming back).

Do this and PvM'ers might enjoy helping out with PvP...
    ALTS: Alienhunter, Moonglum, Quellist, Quellcrist, Jesharet

Quote Originally Posted by Malaxia View Post
    Excepted that assist is also used in PVM for pratical purposes.
    Assisting the daughter in Alappaa to get whatever mob she is fighting, assisting the rookie to get whatever alien he is fight, assisting the bosses as doc to quickly heal whoever is gonna get splat, assisting your pets to find out what they are fighting, assisting a player to avoid hitting a calmed target.
    Follow was the only way to find someone in a crowd or large area when you had no map upgrade, but it has been made obsolete.
    Agreed with all this.

I've noticed a good portion of forum posts regarding towers/pvp are very narrow minded in scope to the impact to AO as a whole. Most times they seem to be off the cuff responses to personal slights or experiences where the odds where not in the posters' favor.
    ~Anyone can level, but only the wise gain experience~

*Bronto Burger, serving 10,000 high level noobs daily*

http://wolf-brigade.webs.com/

My Story

Don't feed the Mensa Tralalalala

Everyday I'm Shuffling.

Tbh without assist could be cool, would liven up the whole proces of pvping and take more "skill".
    if skill = teamspeak, then yes.

Looks like my choice isn't going to win, but I still like this format!

FC should use polls more often before making changes/fixes/additions, instead of just throwing out bad patches, like the February update, and then not responding to all the questions and concerns.

Yes, the poll format is flawed, but it connects FC to their customers and vice versa!
    I have nothing to hide, but I value my privacy!
    I'm not on facebook, twitter or any other social media.
    I will never reveal my in-game characters or organizations on a public forum.
    If that upsets all the virtual exhibitionists, so be it!

Cool

Quote Originally Posted by Grandpa View Post
    Looks like my choice isn't going to win, but I still like this format!

FC should use polls more often before making changes/fixes/additions, instead of just throwing out bad patches, like the February update, and then not responding to all the questions and concerns.

Yes, the poll format is flawed, but it connects FC to their customers and vice versa!
    My choice isn't gonna win either but Woot! What do you know I agree with you on this one Grandpa.

Quote Originally Posted by Raggy View Post
    Considering how much BS runs and how deserted the Notum Miner FFA area is, I'd say the PvP crowd is the minority.
    People aren't playing in minerarea cause the playfield is a fail. New bs = fail aswell.

Even if pvp'ers would be a minority-group it (imo) still wouldn't mean it's ok to neglect the intrests of the group.

They should just be a -aao debuff, without the whole black screen deal.
    Blind are mostly good on battlestation. Imo they should temporarily disable minimap. Makes sense.
    Last edited by leetlover; Apr 9th, 2014 at 02:43:43.
    Disclaimer: My posts should not be read by anyone.

This is just another routine empty promise to keep us paying, but I'll bite. PVP changes all the way.
    Based God.

The only thing I'd have wanted to see was either more adjustments to PVE/XP on Rubi-ka or just more low level content in general.

But to be honest, tower wars needs a serious look right now. Far too many abuse cases with it, and it's an extremely important draw to the game.
    Dagger 220/30/70 Shade // Attempted 219/24/?? Enforcer // Canidae 180/0/0 Adventurer // World 185/26/32 Meta-Physicist// Cramp 150/20/35 Engineer
    Ya wanna fix something - give RK mobs better xp, make RK matter again.

Quote Originally Posted by Mamman View Post
    Give shades love or we will stop buffing people!!

This poll is like asking a dying person laying on their death bed what last minute miracle he would like to believe in most will save their life...

Seriously though pathfinding? Is fc now so pathetic fixing a decade problem is now a life and death situation that will consume months of resources. This is just pathetic and silly. This is just a silly PR stunt. This game is broken beyond repair because of apathy. Towerwars being the most broken but even that is debatable.

Here I'll give you another option to fix this tragedy of a game open source ao and sell software licenses to private server owners who will actually make a playable game out of your mess of failed promises and lies.

it´s not a empty promise @Mako,

"The Production Team" spend time to talk with the community what i missed in past times.

Ok this Forum "Poll" is not real meaningful from my view but a first step and it turns me happy.

************************************************** *************************
    I Repeat again the BIG PROBLEM what we have is the "Monthly Subscribe fee"
    US pay 15 $
    EU pay 22 $ ....17.19€ HURTS......"TESO cost 12,99€"
    UK pay 25 $
    NO one pay 3, 6 or 12 month to snuffle into a Unike Game with a Secret Low Population !!!
    ************************************************** *************************

i wish me 3 Alien Outpost Planets where we have to gear up our Heros and at each one we
    should have "none instanced" open world Bossfights to get at each planet a "part of a Map" to find the way
    to the Alien Mother Planet with her huge production factory´s of the Alien Motherships !!!
    There we can use the existing Mechs, APT, AVT to start destroying the Factorys to out curls
    the Alien Mother.....

i wish me a active Prison where player able to Vote other players into Jail House. (evil)
    if player misuse this system to send innocent into, they will get a Headhunter Flag with tasty reward if catched via mark or kill.....

ok ok i know we r not at make a wish^^
    few weeks ago...14th Januray
    [Means]: Boo!
    To [Means]: oh hi
    To [Means]: Beep. Beep. Beep.
    To [Means]: where did u hide around
    [Means]: Just sitting in the gring
    [Means]: *grind
    To [Means]: inc
    [Means]: Not hiding. Can't
    To [Means]: found u
    [Means]: How are things?
    To [Means]: the most left AO
    To [Means]: the subscribe is the problem
    [Means]: where did everyone go?
    To [Means]: and now they removed german giro
    [Means]: aha...don't like paying a sub
    To [Means]: i dont know where they r at
    [Means]: all playing LoL?
    To [Means]: not many at lol
    To [Means]: lol is trash
    [Means]: They aren't playing my new game :P
    To [Means]: ur Starstable ?
    [Means]: yep. It isnt really for us
    [Means]: more for young women who like horses
    [Means]: Hope I see you again soon. Thnanks for the tip on ESO
    Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe. [attributed to Albert Einstein]

Wow, why would you tell Means to go play ESO? Do you hate him that much?
    Thor Mastablasta Hammersmith - Level 220, AI 30, LE 70 Clan Atrox Nano Technician - Setup
    The Red Brotherhood

I'm a Nano-Technician, don't ever expect me to fight unbuffed, alone or fair.

Means: about f'ing time :P
    Satenia: heresy <3
    Znore: Mastablasta <3
    Kinkstaah: I have agro from many mobs ;(
    Madarab: we are aoe class, we are supose to use pistols
    Marxgorm: the NT toolset does not fit into my raiding tactics

Page 5 of 18 FirstFirst 123456789101112131415161718 LastLast