Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Agent is fun now y00!

Agent is fun now y00!

Omg for a week now I am mostly playing agent. And it is by far most fun any professions in that level range.

gear 244css, standard 150ish pvp gear, good symbs 300 kyr rifle.

Level now 195.

Things agent can do?

Fp Crat, charm albatrum mobs and kill stuff there slowly, charm s7 aliens and solo S7 sideboss. mantis mobs for SDelite, vortexoids in inferno, easily triple your damage.

FP MP, extra damage from demon+Nuke, healpet is way beter now have not even tried belmorte. Its a MP only better evades more hp, double AR, caped AS, and good dd perks. Great for mid levels.

FP Doc, can now use regular heals faat in fulldef, easy time pvm with ubt. Ran entire SL to pande uaing only inferno ring for protection. Class A. Oh 30s meep.

FP Enfo, Dd, spamable absorbs AR, rage mongo, you name it. Gank machine for bs daily.

FP NT, for all intents and purposes, way better TL6 Nt than real NT. Ill try to kite inferno mobs later today. Epic DD nukes + usual rifle stuff blinds abaorbs and... Not running out of nano. Pulling 30+40 mobs can break 700k dpm. Epic fun... And better than real NT.

FP Trader, was able to self onb300 rifle, while doing inferno mission. Easy twinking easy CL buffage hp, evades, nanite drains, must test in pvp more especially 2200 AR. 30s meep yeah!

what are your latest agent feats? I seeorgmate in basic gear doing 250k+ with rifle, and dewd with shotguns pushing 445k.

Agent has so many options now, of basiclly taking any profession. How is Advy? How is fp MA? Anyone doing anything unorthodox like ofab silvetback?

I just cannot wait for lvl 205ish, 810 stamina, nanodelta, these professions will come alive. Pretty sure agent should be able todo some top stuff.

18.7 Agent: liked, commented and subscribed.
    Quote Originally Posted by Michizure View Post
    This'll be fixed for the next patch

Welcome to Agent! I don't think what you've seen is 18.7, but rather the diverse toolset we have. You're at a really nice level for playing around, since almost everything is available and still powerful.

There are a few things you can do, or will be able to soon!
    Solo Moxy using snare perks. You can do the same for Alb Keeper, probably using FP Adv for runspeed. These get easier with The Shot at 210.
    Kite for fast research, if not XP. They nerfed spirit room XP, but I think there are still a few spots.
    Go Engi for slayer form and then either MP for QW to float, or Enfo for Chally to be huge.
    Tank or heal DB3 fire floor. I suspect it's soloable, if you want an open challenge.
    Calm RK missions for chest loot. I prefer trader, but crat/NT are doable.
    Put a bow in social, FP MP and pop pets, and afk at bor grid.
    Use NT AOEs in APF to farm damage

FP MA used to be top DD FP with Enfo, but the crit stacking was nerfed. Advy is probably the best now for that. Kitty, aura, and frenzy are a lot of damage.

I would avoid the PDKP unless you're really dedicated to PvM. For a cheap DD boost, the Xan bow has a nice crit and only takes 1.8k bow to equip and 1.4k fling to cap.

Quote Originally Posted by srompu View Post
    Solo Moxy using snare perks. You can do the same for Alb Keeper, probably using FP Adv for runspeed. These get easier with The Shot at 210.
    I would recommend an Agent/NT two-man team for Alb.
    The agent uses snare perks for initial setup and as the "backup plan".
    The main plan involves using snare perks to give the NT time to get 3x casts of CB onto the Keeper. At this point the Agent (using Mimic: Crat) can land Shackles of Obedience 100% of the time which will prevent all damage from the Keeper as long as you stay at a distance. Keep landing Shackles, spam as much damage as possible, have the NT aoe nuke down the Spirits, enjoy your loot. It's a very different, but fun, way to approach the encounter and it has a very low chance to fail as long as you know how to kite.

Tank or heal DB3 fire floor. I suspect it's soloable, if you want an open challenge.
    Tell me more...
    The Fine Arts:
    Mime | Surgery | Zen
    The Traitor

Xirayne: I couldn't care less about who is clueless or what the exact definition "real" pvp is in ao, I want "fun" pvp!

That's actually pretty cool; I didn't know that NT+Agent combo.

For DB3, you can tank it with a doc healing. You can also heal it with a sold tanking, both pre-18.7.
    During wipes, I often ended up tanking him solo for a bit. I was always slowly losing HP and nano, but I thought with the right setup it might be doable.

With the 18.7 duration/runspeed change to SL ess, it's perhaps more viable. A HP-oriented build near 32k should let you CH for ~23k.
    You'd need the right combination of cost%, healeff%, reflect, and HP. You might need some OBs like RRFE/ISC, but preferably not. Damage shouldn't be an issue unless it goes long enough you mess up or get very unlucky.

I'm certain a doc could solo him, no problem.

18.7 change that really makes this good is init debuff removal. also only 5% nanoskill hit is better than 160.

Also overall agent perks are faster.

Well, time to log in and play.
    Quote Originally Posted by Michizure View Post
    This'll be fixed for the next patch

Quote Originally Posted by Cratertina View Post
    18.7 change that really makes this good is init debuff removal. also only 5% nanoskill hit is better than 160.

Also overall agent perks are faster.

Well, time to log in and play.
    yeah, for lower levels thats nice. for tl7, the 5% is bad. 5% vs the 25 of fp makes using tp worse, not better. and the nano init debuff did not hurt that much at tl7. it used to be, can you ch insta or close to insta on full def. so. for tl7, all that mattered was the interrupt mod. other than that, its a nerf.

Patch is pretty good we can perk/kill a lot now. If only we could get unerfed escape nano when we fp ( with lower recharge , like 1 min) it will be awesome combined with long recharge of CH

To sum up:

* Adv morph shouldnt cancel when we TP
    * Evac nano shouldn't be 50% in fp (well CH is 30 sec +) and cooldown could be 1 min to be fair. We will die anyway but if we can give some challange to other player it will be nice
    * The dof remover should be usable in fp

Nothing more than this, we dont need heal, or static def. Those tools -if you gave us- will make agent viable and you will need skillz, timing to survive!
    Maybe a rework on some items like dust brigade module access (escape one)

Otherwise, offensively it is great, perk are awesome great work
    Last edited by dritst; May 25th, 2015 at 02:55:13.
    Eilistrae 220/30/70 MA equip pic //Araushne 216/30 NT equip pic // Nhaundar 220/30 pic equip // Ahlysaaria 220/30 equip
    Dritst 220/30 Agent equip pic // Vhaeraun 218/30 fixer // Dylinrae 217/30 trader // Seldszar 220/29 adv
    Nhaundar 216/16 Trox enf <3 equip

* http://forums.anarchy-online.com/sho...d.php?t=544974 <3 ty, how some ppl can be
    * S*rovi1: cant log in game funcom not responding Mrdex: they're translating Mrdex: give em some time.
    * Phante: whining is directly proportional with incompetence imo the more you sux the more youll cry and ask for stupid stuff.
    * [Provision]: 500m if you can even dent me You gained 103 PVP Solo Score.

I don't have any agent at any level range. I do PVP agents at 150 and 200, and while Agent should be versatile, I am not happy it helds all professions key tools while losing nothing (or so little, it is irrevelant).

Firstly:

FP Doc makes agent better then doc by any means, and at starting at lvl 150, where casting EMR is somewhat easy, adds roughly 1800ish heal each 4 seconds, which (at 150) is more then OP. Since agent can also use docs HoT, and HP buff, also roots/UBT/DoT target, makes him superior to any class at this level. I believe its ommision by FC side. There should be LARGER costs for Nano and more penealty in NanoSkills. At this state, its overpowered beyond reason.

Secondly:
    Agent FPing soldier - again - has much more power then soldier himself. He also can uses same toolset (RRFE/TMS X), but additional, he can root soldier and - by using new NCU window - avoid confrontation.

I don't know hows it is at lvl 220, but atm TL5/6 agents are most powerfull class over there with insane alpha damage and toolset used on paar with professions they pretend to be.
    I like PvP
    TL6: Tereshkova 200 eng / Patrollerz 200 sol / Tankietka 200 NM enf / Pielegniarka 200 Tank Doc / Oleska 200 SOLIKeep
    TL5: Miazga 150 sol / Piknababa 150 NM Enf 2he / Gigantika 150 NM Enf / Malutki 150 Enf Trox WIP
    TL4: Ladyrazor 112 fixer (retired) / Shha 100 NT / Cycolina lvl 100 NM Enforcer
    + Tons of other chars...
    I make weird TwInkz!
    Signature updated: 29/06/2016

Quote Originally Posted by dritst View Post
    * Adv morph shouldnt cancel when we TP
    * Evac nano shouldn't be 50% in fp (well CH is 30 sec +) and cooldown could be 1 min to be fair. We will die anyway but if we can give some challange to other player it will be nice
    * The dof remover should be usable in fp
    Ya, adv morph should stay. It should make specialized AR, hp, and def setups viable.
    The evac nano isn't that potent, so I don't think this would break anything. Faster cooldown might make FP Agent a little better too. I expect the 50% thing will be ok if NT/MP get nerfed.

@Pomidor
    At 220, it seems almost right. A couple tweaks are definitely needed, but that's across the board. Some of our problems are just NTs/MPs being OP. However, there's a peak in Agent power at TL5-6 where the offensive toolset becomes available before some others' defenses scale up. When TL7 agents were crap, TL5/6 were still decent because of this. The rage runspeed nerf and CS damage nerf should have helped a little, but possibly not enough.
    We can brainstorm about a few things that can be done.

I'm curious about the two situations you mentioned, if you'd humor me. The soldier should have more reflect, hp, damage, and healing. Rooting TMS isn't new, and macros for it are as old as the game. As an Agent, I'd feel disadvantaged. I'm curious whether this is soldiers needing mobility in light of the ncu change.

For the doc situation, the nano cost hasn't changed. The doc should be lower nanocost, higher healeff% than the Agent. I'm sure the init debuff change has helped the Agent, but the DoT should help the doc. I'm not familiar with the matchup though now. Can you comment further?

There are a few ways we might fix things.
    To be fast and brutal, Mimic could be level locked to 201, with Assume nanocost changed to, say, 50%. This would make heals, roots, and ubt limited, giving the Agent a time limit. It might do to FP Doc what the rage nerf did to FP Enfo.
    Also, perks could be rescaled. Snipe Shot 1 is available at 100, but could be rescaled to require ~180. This would de-power the 150s.
    Similarly, for TL6, Shadowsneak could be rescaled so Shadow Bullet is open at 201 or something. This is a little more awkward given the perk placement in the line. A better option might be to transfer damage from CS to Assassinate. This would nerf Agent alpha at all levels above 170, but give some of it back at TL7 in the full combination.

I'm also curious how tacky is playing out at various levels. At face value, it looks hilariously OP.
    Last, has anyone found a use for the opi breed perks over soli or trox?

srompu: I have 3 docs for PvP - they are support, not offensive setup. I am dueling docs too - and by far Agent is harder - Like I said, tl5 agent (150) can hit now over 45k heal within 1 minute (including CH for around 12-13k of Agents HP) and there is no way for any class, except MA with stuns, to win agent. Please note that blocking heal ability with NanoShutdown / Drains doesent cut offensivenes power of Agent. Ealier it was not easy because how CH worked, but it was 50/50 for my chars and duels I have watched. I am not saying " make them weak" I say "Dont make them this OP".

Single heal, which is now 1700-2000 (EMR for lvls 150) and 2000-2500 (LE for 170-200) is way to strong in agents toolset. Doc Dots at 150 or 170 are very weak - its not something you rely on, thats why you dont see doc in BS or dueling at this lvl too much, power of doc is to overlast his enemy (which is now greater then before) - but this goes along for FP agent, which doesn't seem to be right. Like I said: I dont play agent, dont know this profession at all - I wont tell you change this or change that.

Yesterday I did around 15 duels: was using 200 enf and 200 sold vs 170 agents - I tell you, I was helpless - even CH block did no difference. Before 18.7 I was losing (sol vs agt at 200, super twinks) 2/5 fights - but if I tricked agent, timed right everything, it was doable. Now lvl 170 agent /moons me in duel.
    I like PvP
    TL6: Tereshkova 200 eng / Patrollerz 200 sol / Tankietka 200 NM enf / Pielegniarka 200 Tank Doc / Oleska 200 SOLIKeep
    TL5: Miazga 150 sol / Piknababa 150 NM Enf 2he / Gigantika 150 NM Enf / Malutki 150 Enf Trox WIP
    + Tons of other chars...
    I make weird TwInkz!

Ya, adv morph should stay. It should make specialized AR, hp, and def setups viable.
    The evac nano isn't that potent, so I don't think this would break anything. Faster cooldown might make FP Agent a little better too. I expect the 50% thing will be ok if NT/MP get nerfed.
    Most important here is reducing the evac nano cooldown.

By doing so you give Agents a valid and consistent way of defending themselves while waiting for FP'd defenses to come back up.
    You can then think of Slip Away as your primary defensive tool with whatever you FP as your secondary defensive tool. This opens up more FPs as viable since you are not 100% dependent on FPing a defense.

Also, it might be worth considering raising the duration of Disappear to 20-25s to make it more valuable to spend IP on. Right now the difference between Disappear and Slip Away is hard to justify the extra 500 nanoskills needed, especially considering that you get ~40 points of defense rounded off with the FP value. In fact, the entire rounding down sometimes and up other times is pretty weird. Perhaps we can get some consistency on that (preferably in our favor by removing the rounding on FP values).
    The Fine Arts:
    Mime | Surgery | Zen
    The Traitor

Xirayne: I couldn't care less about who is clueless or what the exact definition "real" pvp is in ao, I want "fun" pvp!

Your numbers are wrong sultry, but, I think people haven't caught up yet to how nice is doing Disappear in FP Agent. 1681 in AAD and NR is just AWESOME. To think that someone would waste it while in FP is just WRONG!!, also, its cooldown.

Quote Originally Posted by Cratertina View Post
    FP MP, extra damage from demon+Nuke, healpet is way beter now have not even tried belmorte. Its a MP only better evades more hp, double AR, caped AS, and good dd perks. Great for mid levels.
    Transcendent Enmity Personification should be better DPM than Caco. Then again, I don't know if that's been tested since 18.7, Michi might have changed things on them.

Has anyone found a setup/playstyle that works with FP Agent yet?

@Pomidor
    At 220, it seems almost right. A couple tweaks are definitely needed, but that's across the board. Some of our problems are just NTs/MPs being OP. However, there's a peak in Agent power at TL5-6 where the offensive toolset becomes available before some others' defenses scale up. When TL7 agents were crap, TL5/6 were still decent because of this. The rage runspeed nerf and CS damage nerf should have helped a little, but possibly not enough.
    We can brainstorm about a few things that can be done.

I'm curious about the two situations you mentioned, if you'd humor me. The soldier should have more reflect, hp, damage, and healing. Rooting TMS isn't new, and macros for it are as old as the game. As an Agent, I'd feel disadvantaged. I'm curious whether this is soldiers needing mobility in light of the ncu change.

For the doc situation, the nano cost hasn't changed. The doc should be lower nanocost, higher healeff% than the Agent. I'm sure the init debuff change has helped the Agent, but the DoT should help the doc. I'm not familiar with the matchup though now. Can you comment further?

There are a few ways we might fix things.
    To be fast and brutal, Mimic could be level locked to 201, with Assume nanocost changed to, say, 50%. This would make heals, roots, and ubt limited, giving the Agent a time limit. It might do to FP Doc what the rage nerf did to FP Enfo.
    Also, perks could be rescaled. Snipe Shot 1 is available at 100, but could be rescaled to require ~180. This would de-power the 150s.
    Similarly, for TL6, Shadowsneak could be rescaled so Shadow Bullet is open at 201 or something. This is a little more awkward given the perk placement in the line. A better option might be to transfer damage from CS to Assassinate. This would nerf Agent alpha at all levels above 170, but give some of it back at TL7 in the full combination.
    awesome suggestion
    Eilistrae 220/30/70 MA equip pic //Araushne 216/30 NT equip pic // Nhaundar 220/30 pic equip // Ahlysaaria 220/30 equip
    Dritst 220/30 Agent equip pic // Vhaeraun 218/30 fixer // Dylinrae 217/30 trader // Seldszar 220/29 adv

* http://forums.anarchy-online.com/sho...d.php?t=544974 <3 ty, how some ppl can be
    * S*rovi1: cant log in game funcom not responding Mrdex: they're translating Mrdex: give em some time.
    * Phante: whining is directly proportional with incompetence imo the more you sux the more youll cry and ask for stupid stuff.

Quote Originally Posted by Tlatoani View Post
    Your numbers are wrong sultry, but, I think people haven't caught up yet to how nice is doing Disappear in FP Agent. 1681 in AAD and NR is just AWESOME. To think that someone would waste it while in FP is just WRONG!!, also, its cooldown.
    Dunno what you mean... FP Slip Away and Disappear is 50% of non-FP rounded down.
    I say make it just 50%, no rounding except to a whole number.
    The Fine Arts:
    Mime | Surgery | Zen
    The Traitor

I like the idea of the raw numbers on Disappear. I'm having a little trouble figuring out the right playstyle though. For example, if I want to fight an enfo as FP Agent, I'll have to use evac to prevent being alphaed. I also have to kill him in 15-20s, or he'll kill me when evac ends. That's challenging, but maybe I could build for it.

On top of that, I need to wait 2 minutes before I can fight anything. TLF is maybe good for a gank, assuming my target is alone and an acro prof. It also better not have adv/shade coon, or evasive stance, or be an MA with fear up. Repressor is a neat escape, but that's once every 7 minutes and doesn't help against chain-stun or ganks.
    If you operate assuming you only take damage every 2 minutes, that's a pretty tall order. We have no counter for crat/enfo/ma fear, or charge/clarion. Also, shade/agent can fire from sneak.

I'm sure it can be made to work, but the once every 2 minutes is just so awkward. If the evac were faster cycle, I could see it working. Maybe if the repressor were faster too.

well mish managed to understand pretty well what the purpose of agent. Great offensive, great perks and 15 sec to kill your target. Yea we arent tanker anymore but in few sec we can do amazing kills, disable a doc or an engy, it is perfect. If they give us what i asked and what srompu build it would be great.
    Maybe for agent who love duel a nano wipe ncu that remove tp lock and delete everything (to use different dual prof in fonction of your oponent!)

Quote Originally Posted by sultryvoltron View Post
    Dunno what you mean... FP Slip Away and Disappear is 50% of non-FP rounded down.
    I say make it just 50%, no rounding except to a whole number.
    Oh yes, with Disappear, for example, you get 40.5 points less than exactly 50% of the stats they give you when you are not in FP. I remember it was stated that it would be 50% less if you were in FP, but is is not stated in the nano description I think, but devs seem like whey were drunk at the time or something, because those 40.5 point (or 41 to make it a whole number) do make a difference.

Althought the difference in nanoskills is more like ~278, not 500.

Also the way I see it, is like putting 1 IP in more evades than putting it in a nanoskill to cast a nano, you have to remember that also True Prof depend on having high Psy mod and Sense Imp. Also Death's Gaze checks Psy mod (smirks)

I like the idea of the raw numbers on Disappear. I'm having a little trouble figuring out the right playstyle though. For example, if I want to fight an enfo as FP Agent, I'll have to use evac to prevent being alphaed. I also have to kill him in 15-20s, or he'll kill me when evac ends. That's challenging, but maybe I could build for it.
    Try chaining True Disappear(?) with either nullity sphere or TMS, after Disappear or before. So to FP before you need to be able to cast True Prof really quickly and i think you cant hotswap much here, so other changes are needed to get the nanoskills for it.

Basically divide profs into can be alphaed while on True Disappear or not. For the NOTS, go to a FP with a lot of sustain, like doc or adv.

On top of that, I need to wait 2 minutes before I can fight anything.
    That's indeed crappy for mass pvp, but also FP adv and FP Disappear make good choices I think, at least in HP/evades setup. Or also we can also hide.

One question I have, and maybe you guys can help me here, which I don't have much empirical information is how many profs can touch us with True Disappear going?

I'm sure it can be made to work, but the once every 2 minutes is just so awkward. If the evac were faster cycle, I could see it working. Maybe if the repressor were faster too.
    That would be awesome

Ok, now I got 2 questions for 200 agents.

Question 1: Recently I finished (somewhat) my 200 keep, ofc defensive setup: is this normal, that agent is DESTROYING me in less then 5 seconds every signle time? Literally, I am dead in time less then needed to press any perks. My keep sucks this much or...?

Question 2: Is that not OP that 200 agent can roll, literally, anything to level 215? Because I saw few 200 agents dueling much bigger opponents and and whatever is not soldier is going down instantly...
    I like PvP
    + Tons of other chars...
    I make weird TwInkz!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast