Thread: OTPC: The Arrest of Niklas Kappel

OTPC: The Arrest of Niklas Kappel

The Arrest of Niklas Kappel
    October 27 29479
    by Jesah Triloni, OPTC reporter

OTPC - For immediate press release-All authorized gridfeed channels.

Citizens of Rubi-Ka,

After months of covert, internal investigations, Niklas Kappel, Omni-transportation Director, has been taken into custody, stripped of his title and arrested on the grounds of high treason.

Mr. Kappel has been formally charged with conspiracy, cooperating with known clan criminals in ambushing Omni transporters, stealing their contents, relaying future shipment details, and selling the stolen goods on the black market.

Mr. Kappel’s hideout near Galaway Castle was breeched by Omni-Tek Armed Forces Sergeants. The attack squad was relentless in their defense of the Corporation, and Mr. Kappel was taken into custody after a brief battle. Omni-Tek wants to thank Tresa “Cylie” Burke, and the loyal members of Omni-Trans for their support in the investigations.

A trial will take place immediately to have Mr. Kappel answer for his crimes. The maximum sentence for high treason, is Permadeath. Investigations continue on those clansmen involved with Mr. Kappel and further arrests are expected.

yummy. Omni-Trans director.

Something to do with the OTBoD?

I hear through a few contacts that different departments hold meetings seperate (secret) from the monthly meeting. Anyone care to confirm this?

Mmm, yeah, and he has some damn high skilled bodyguards.
    [All Towers] The omni organization loves Toxor .. awww.

[Clockwork Inc.] Toxor: !blacklist Mostadio this ****tard wouldnt make my carb :@
    [Clockwork Inc.] Omgbot: Thank you Toxor. Reputation / Blacklist info about Mostadio has been stored in the Clockwork Inc.-archives
    [Clockwork Inc.] Toxor: thats cool
    [Clockwork Inc.] Mostadio: ROOOOOOOOOFL
    [Org. Msg.] Mostadio kicked Toxor from your organization.

For the attention of: All Omni Department Directors and Omni-Tek Affiliates
    Regarding: Arrest of Director Niklas Kappel

To whom it may concern,

On behalf of Omni-Pol, Atlantean Division, I would like to request a copy of the casefile and information pertaining to this arrest.

Kind regards,

General Katelin McChristion.
    Omni-Pol.

*stares blankly at the news report...* ....You've gotta be kidding me!
    220 Finalizer (FINALLY, after 3 years without a single ding!) Nulion, Squad Commander (And Council of Truth Clerical Staffer) of Alpha Omega

Once upon a time, I dreamt I was a butterfly...Suddenly I awoke...Now, I do not know whether I was then
    a man dreaming I was a butterfly, or whether I am now a butterfly dreaming that I am a man. - Chuang Tzu

This seems a little out of the blue...
    ALTS: Alienhunter, Moonglum, Quellist, Quellcrist, Jesharet

Well, since I was there, and I was *supposed* to write a report on it, um..

*gets working*
    [All Towers] The omni organization loves Toxor .. awww.

[Clockwork Inc.] Toxor: !blacklist Mostadio this ****tard wouldnt make my carb :@
    [Clockwork Inc.] Omgbot: Thank you Toxor. Reputation / Blacklist info about Mostadio has been stored in the Clockwork Inc.-archives
    [Clockwork Inc.] Toxor: thats cool
    [Clockwork Inc.] Mostadio: ROOOOOOOOOFL
    [Org. Msg.] Mostadio kicked Toxor from your organization.

We'll have an official statement shortly.
    TOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOT
    OTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTO|||||||||||||||
    TOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOT|||||||||||
    OTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTO|||||||||||||||||||||Serve Omni-Tek
    TOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOT||||||||||||||||||||Join the ROTFLMAO
    OTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTO||||||||
    TOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOT|||||||||||||||||||||||||
    OTOTOTOTOTOTO TOTOTOTOTOTO||||||||||||||||
    TOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOT
    OTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTO|||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||

Clans attacked Omni-Trans convoys? I must've missed that one. What a shame...

Benjamin "Fixerben" Bacarella - L212 AL10
    Haywood "Brawlking" Jablomy - L220 AL21

My clan attacked a convoy of notum several months back but I doubt this was it. Too small of a raid to have made this big of a stink.
    -Finalizer Vixentrox-
    Former President and Founder,
    -Whisper's Edge-
    Former Member of the Atlantean CoT Clerical Staff

Socializer 73% Killer 53% Explorer 53% Achiever 20%

Kissysuzuki -
    WTB small enough brain and lack of imagination to be able to sit and solo hecklers for 5 days straight.

This whole thing smells of a set up - perhaps Zora is already starting to clean house?. I had heard of some clanners being recruited to ambush a few convoys in the recent past and that at the last one, the clanners themselves were counter-ambushed. This occured at the same time as the events in the bulletin above. Exactly how Kappel was profiting from staging these ambushes is unclear - reports were that little of real value was ever found on the convoys. I myself am inclined to think that it is all a setup to get Kappel out of the way by other elements internal to Omni-Tek. I am also not going to put much faith in follow-up reports by other personnel in Omni-Trans as it appears some of them may be in a position to gain personally from Kappel's downfall.

And how would you know exactly when previously mentioned events occured? Seems to me that you wouldn't.

Unless you were directly involved?
    Hunter "Odds" Clemente - Omni-Tek Fixer ((RK2)) and Head of Rubi-ka Gridcom

We on the Council were given detailed reports after the fact - details contained in recent CoT minutes available to all to review. It would have been interesting to have meet the fellow who was coming around and recruiting people to attack the convoys but he seems to have disappeared as well - either permakilled or perhaps was a double agent working in concert with Kappel or the people who snared Kappel.

Last month several Guild mates reported a convoy in the city of Home, Broken Shores being attacked by Clans, everyone was killed and I guess the Clans got it....

Would defintaly be good to hear more on this, esp from the clans if they have information. if this is a setup its being done (once again) by parties who want to stir up more trouble
    ALTS: Alienhunter, Moonglum, Quellist, Quellcrist, Jesharet

If the investigation proves that Kappel have indeed been going his own way and is guilty of these accusations I sincerely hope he will be permanently put to rest.

Nobody gains from people like that being alive.
    Proud agent of the Disciples of Omni-Tek

Commissioner of the RKDC

"One should not lose one's temper unless one is certain of getting more and more angry to the end."
    William Butler Yeats

For the attention of: All Omni Department Directors and Omni-Tek Affiliates
    Regarding: Arrest of Director Niklas Kappel

Dear Sirs,

Reference: Message sent on Oct 28th, 29479

I am concerned that a whole week has passed without the information requested being circulated to myself or any of our Administration team.

We have officers standing by to assist on any investigative or field work required.

Please do not hesitate to contact myself or General Hendrix should there by any difficulties.

Yours faithfully,

General Katelin McChristion
    Omni-Pol.

Confirmation of receipt of this message is requested within 7 days.

TO: General McChristion, Omni-Pol Atlantean Division
    FROM: Administrator Jacob Stroud, Omni-Tek Department Affiliate Program
    RE: Casefile Information

General,

Thank you for your offer of support on this investigation, however, the Kappel case has been assigned to another division. Due to the unprecedented nature of this investigation, all reports pertaining to the case are classified beyond even your high clearance. Additionally, the investigation has already concluded and no further support is necessary.

It also would not be prudent to put an additional burden on your division when you are responsible for two vital investigations already. If you have “officers standing by” you should apply them to your already significant workload. If there is any confusion about your division’s responsibilities then we may discuss them via an encrypted channel.

[Signed]
    Jacob M. Stroud
    Administrative Representative
    Omni-Tek Department Affiliate Program
    Administrator Jacob Stroud
    Omni-Tek Department Affiliate Program - Administrative Representative, Rimor

Omni-Administrative Services Special Operations Subdepartment K-62
    Commissioner, RKDC

For the attention of: Administrator Jacob Stroud, Omni-Tek Department Affiliate Program
    RE: Casefile Information

Dear Administrator Stroud,

Thank you for your response on this matter. I would like to assure you that our workload is covered and that it is our responsibility to have officers ready for any additional tasks that should occur. We would be deemed as irresponsible if this wasn't the case.

I trust, should the situation change, that you will contact myself or my team.

I am confident, should there be any difficulties or departmental concerns, that Director Sergeyich will respond to my queries and I should not need to contact yourself.

With kind regards,

General McChristion
    Omni-Pol.