Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Going sided?

Quote Originally Posted by Azza View Post
    Seriously. All the people who set this change in motion with their whining (3+ years ago) are now gone. Nobody's going to be signing these forms, because either you like being neutral, or you rerolled years ago, or you quit.
    Wich leaves Means with the only option of creating neut only items to "narrow" the gap between neutrals and sided players!
    Solitus Enforcer - General of Divine Shadow NEUTRAL

Quote Originally Posted by Escritores View Post
    Haha... Right with clan yeah... Stop talking if you have no clue wtf your talking about, seriously... Lol... Who's the ignorant one here?
    It's not my fault that you all have too many cooks in the kitchen and next to no side unity.

At least someone is taking the bull by the horns and promoting clan/neutral relation while most clanners sit back and aimlessly farm phatz.
    The Fine Arts:
    Mime | Surgery | Zen
    The Traitor

Xirayne: I couldn't care less about who is clueless or what the exact definition "real" pvp is in ao, I want "fun" pvp!

Quote Originally Posted by SultryVoltron View Post
    It's not my fault that you all have too many cooks in the kitchen and next to no side unity.
    Exactly the opporsit... Noone sane minded would join something when you mudkipz keep attacking clan... That's side unity... Holding hands with neuts and letting them leech of us is not...

At least someone is taking the bull by the horns and promoting clan/neutral relation while most clanners sit back and aimlessly farm phatz.
    Prolly a reason why most do it, huh? Try thinking outside the box, it helps... And it's 3 clan orgs not clan as a whole as you tried to imply earlier... Buy a clue... Seriously...
    Last edited by Escritores; Jul 13th, 2009 at 21:02:05.
    Neophyte/Sergeant/Tactician Escritores - Proud General of ..:Nordic Alliance:.. - 220/27/56 - Soldier - Equip - outdated...
    Poacher Overpoweredz - Proud UC of ..:Nordic Alliance:.. - 169/9/X - ADV - Equip outdated
    Chiropractor/Tactician Kartoon - Proud SC of ..:Nordic Alliance:.. - 150/12/12 - Doctor - TL5 PvP incoming. Under construction.
    Also a Freshman Crat, Freshman/Student/Squire/Captain Keep, Freshman/Phreaker/Scout Fix and a bunch of other tower punks and alts...
    Soldier Weaponrack: Anger of Xan, Dreadloch Modified Shark, Amplified KOC-Type 13, Lord Of Anger, AHF, SRPB, KOC-Type 12, KOEC-Type 3, 179-214-237 Coop, Supernova, Omni-Flamer.
    Gromulator: Go troll in your cavern , mr happy Bunny.
    Romaas about lvl 49 soldier BS twinks using CDR's
    Quote Originally Posted by Romaas View Post
    at 49 its totally awesome damage.

Wah fixers r liek nerfest mudkip proffz...

Ring a bell?
    hahahahahhahahahahahhahahahahahahhahahahahahhahaha ha.
    Instability:
    Humlebien
    Neophyte
    Whereishumle
    Callmebetty
    Humlox
    Betty
    Melankolia

Don't worry, neutrals will be phased out eventually. No plans on developing them into a side. Putting in application forms (only usable by neutrals) to kill off even more of the population, and assimilating them into either clan or omni. It would be one thing to put app's in for all sides, but to only allow neutrals kind of ticks me off a bit. It's a pretty clear message to me.

It would really be Anarchy Online with 3 sides battling it out agaisnt one another. Each side being equal in how much time you want to develope your character, sadly thats not the case. But as it is, it's just one side (Omni) on RK1. No offense to Omni's at all. Lots of great people there, but I just wonder what FC will do when 80%+ wind up being Omni.

Where will the conflict be? Any opposition will just get steam rolled. Why not call it Omni Online. You want a dynamic game, develope all 3 equally. That would be Anarchy. Neutrals were never meant to be a power in the conflict, thats fine too. But the game evovles and changes. What will you do FunCom when neutrals do switch to Omni?

Clans having enough of it, and just give up due to the imbalance. How will you balance the game then? What kind of changes will you then have to make for battlestations to run. This could of been a good way to introduce another power in the conflict (albiet a divided one, due to how neutrals like to play, but thats besides the point).

I just see this as a missed opportunity, that can oneday come to bite you back in the ass.

Quote Originally Posted by Rubika-1 View Post
    Don't worry, neutrals will be phased out eventually. No plans on developing them into a side. Putting in application forms (only usable by neutrals) to kill off even more of the population, and assimilating them into either clan or omni. It would be one thing to put app's in for all sides, but to only allow neutrals kind of ticks me off a bit. It's a pretty clear message to me.

It would really be Anarchy Online with 3 sides battling it out agaisnt one another. Each side being equal in how much time you want to develope your character, sadly thats not the case. But as it is, it's just one side (Omni) on RK1. No offense to Omni's at all. Lots of great people there, but I just wonder what FC will do when 80%+ wind up being Omni.

Where will the conflict be? Any opposition will just get steam rolled. Why not call it Omni Online. You want a dynamic game, develope all 3 equally. That would be Anarchy. Neutrals were never meant to be a power in the conflict, thats fine too. But the game evovles and changes. What will you do FunCom when neutrals do switch to Omni?

Clans having enough of it, and just give up due to the imbalance. How will you balance the game then? What kind of changes will you then have to make for battlestations to run. This could of been a good way to introduce another power in the conflict (albiet a divided one, due to how neutrals like to play, but thats besides the point).

I just see this as a missed opportunity, that can oneday come to bite you back in the ass.
    You're right about one thing, at least on RK1 clan is gonna be double screwed when everyone who is going to switch changes omni and further lopsides the population.
    The Fine Arts:
    Mime | Surgery | Zen
    The Traitor

Xirayne: I couldn't care less about who is clueless or what the exact definition "real" pvp is in ao, I want "fun" pvp!

Quote Originally Posted by Rubika-1 View Post

Well about clan population...like someone said claners got a lot of people fron DNW.
    Look how many of them.)
    http://forums.anarchy-online.com/sho...19#post5533819

i will remain neutral because FC doesnt want me to.

they should add clam-to-nuet and omlet-to-nuet forms too. then i would think its an improvement.

adding only nuet-to-omlet and nuet-to-clam is making the nuets population even smaller, since many ppl will be stuck on clam or omlet and cant change to nuet even if it rained cows.
    liars are the real losers

Truth >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> ALL

You're right about one thing, at least on RK1 clan is gonna be double screwed when everyone who is going to switch changes omni and further lopsides the population.
    Yeah those 25 "active" tl7 neuts is surely gonna screw us over... Oh wait... Didn't those neuts allready leech of omnis at towers and at tara? Oh wait... Yes they did...
    Neophyte/Sergeant/Tactician Escritores - Proud General of ..:Nordic Alliance:.. - 220/27/56 - Soldier - Equip - outdated...
    Poacher Overpoweredz - Proud UC of ..:Nordic Alliance:.. - 169/9/X - ADV - Equip outdated
    Chiropractor/Tactician Kartoon - Proud SC of ..:Nordic Alliance:.. - 150/12/12 - Doctor - TL5 PvP incoming. Under construction.
    Also a Freshman Crat, Freshman/Student/Squire/Captain Keep, Freshman/Phreaker/Scout Fix and a bunch of other tower punks and alts...
    Soldier Weaponrack: Anger of Xan, Dreadloch Modified Shark, Amplified KOC-Type 13, Lord Of Anger, AHF, SRPB, KOC-Type 12, KOEC-Type 3, 179-214-237 Coop, Supernova, Omni-Flamer.

Yeah those 25 "active" tl7 neuts is surely gonna screw us over... Oh wait... Didn't those neuts allready leech of omnis at towers and at tara? Oh wait... Yes they did...
    25 more 220's on Omni BS, 25 more omni 220's attacking clan sites, 25 more people killing clans at Tara......sounds like 25 TL 7's is quite enough to even further the omni over clan.

o side note: Escritores dont try to be funny your not good at it. Jokes and logic reasoning /fail
    Quote Originally Posted by Means View Post
    On a personal note to the person who wrote me from prison. Best PM I have ever received. It is going on the wall of my office. To be clear: It is not the policy of my team to delete the characters of people who will be out of prison soon. (Please don't hurt us!)
    Quote Originally Posted by dododo2 View Post
    Grats to EvenTide

Quote Originally Posted by Leevon View Post
    25 more 220's on Omni BS, 25 more omni 220's attacking clan sites, 25 more people killing clans at Tara......sounds like 25 TL 7's is quite enough to even further the omni over clan.

/failed attempt at trolling
    Oh wait... Didn't those neuts allready leech of omnis at towers and at tara? Oh wait... Yes they did...

Well, alot of clanners have always used the excuse that Omni was 55%, Neut was 5% and Clan was 40% of the population.

Now it's gonna be 60% vs 40% on BS with no chance of having us kind hearted Neutrals to help you out.

(I say 'us' in a very general fashion, as I am staying Neutral)
    The Fine Arts:
    Mime | Surgery | Zen
    The Traitor

Quote Originally Posted by Toasting View Post
    adding only nuet-to-omlet and nuet-to-clam is making the nuets population even smaller
    Working as intended.

Once you have picked a side, you can't be neutral again for the simple reason that you picked a side! Even if you were to abandon one side of the argument, and claim to be "neutral" again, you are not because obviously you didn't like the side you left.

I believe also that Neutral was never meant to be a *side*, but rather a temporary station to hang out until you did pick a real side. And for that reason I heartily support the solution of adding 221+ Neutral-only Clan/Omni application forms.

Concurring with Noim too that "the gap" should stay the same I guess.

Didn't those neuts allready leech of omnis at towers and at tara? Oh wait... Yes they did...
    Lolwut.. agreed again. Stop making sense already Escritores, it's not natural!
    Lupusceleri L220/30/70 Agent -- Advisor of Spartans -- equip endgame AR setup endgame def setup <3 Azs wearer of Cheree's pants
    Arrowsmith -- Arafellin -- Alphacenta -- Aesculapias -- Wolfseye -- Lysdexic

TL5 enf twink: im out those MPs are to overpowered

crattey: The Balance Discussion forum. Where common sense goes to die.

Well, alot of clanners have always used the excuse that Omni was 55%, Neut was 5% and Clan was 40% of the population.

Now it's gonna be 60% vs 40% on BS with no chance of having us kind hearted Neutrals to help you out.

(I say 'us' in a very general fashion, as I am staying Neutral)
    The point is that the Neuts that make the switch officially were already "Omnis" to us RK1 Clanners. They already have been doing those things. I get confused when I see a Neut on Clan side in TL7 BS. It happens, but it's rare.

Not much changes as far as the numbers fighting on each side because they were already on that side.
    Gracee e : Blooop e - SPIRIT

Can't speak on the part of all neutrals on RK1, but personally I help out each side when doing BS. Have no preferance over Omni, or Clan. With BS, I join the side that needs me to get it running. Often times that winds up being the loosing side. Tara, I don't participate. I raid with mixed sides on a raidbot that does all content in game, minus tara of course. I like it that way, as it's nice to meet those from either side. At towers, I have neither helped Omni, nor Clan. I am sure there are more neutrals who do the same, as I know I am not alone in the choices I have made.

↑↑↓↓ ← → ← → B A
    Quote Originally Posted by Lupusceleri View Post
    Once you have picked a side, you can't be neutral again for the simple reason that you picked a side! Even if you were to abandon one side of the argument, and claim to be "neutral" again, you are not because obviously you didn't like the side you left.
    I really like your logic! Except.. Well, bailouts can re-like their former sides pre-201.

Hmmm...

I will be switching my 3 220 neuts to omni, once this patch comes.
    Devil Inside

Quote Originally Posted by Sidana View Post
    I really like your logic! Except.. Well, bailouts can re-like their former sides pre-201.

Hmmm...
    Err, no.

The only profession who can switch back to Neutral is Agent, using an Undercover kit. The RP reason behind it is that we're undercover with you so only pretend to be neutral.
    Lupusceleri L220/30/70 Agent -- Advisor of Spartans -- equip endgame AR setup endgame def setup <3 Azs wearer of Cheree's pants
    Arrowsmith -- Arafellin -- Alphacenta -- Aesculapias -- Wolfseye -- Lysdexic

TL5 enf twink: im out those MPs are to overpowered

crattey: The Balance Discussion forum. Where common sense goes to die.

Stayin Neut, glad to see the omlets in disguise leaving, and hoping there is improved Neutral cooperation as a result...

Quote Originally Posted by Kingsama View Post
    hoping there is improved Neutral cooperation as a result...
    Neutral Cooperation is practically a contradiction in terms

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast