Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast

Thread: Making LOTS of money as a new player

Roxxor... Bump for less heckler noobs who have never heard of whompas!
    Whine more plz I feed on your tears

Ethernal- "Friends don't let friends infonet drunk"

My internet is waaaay faster than yours so you can suck my fiberoptic!

*bump* to move this back to first page. Any way to get this rooted so we dont' have to keep "bump spamming"?

I've been playing less than a month and this post has been a nice source of info for me.

edit: What I would also find helpful is knowing if the QL of a particular item is important and why. A friend explained to me why the concrete cusions need to be QL 10, but I'm a little bit confused on some of the other items.
    Last edited by DreamSnake; Aug 20th, 2004 at 03:51:58.

The decition to lock the old thread was silly. The thread had 548 posts just because everyone wanted it rooted. The exact same thing is going to happen to this thread too, I suspect.

So mod.. just root and THEN lock it. No more bumps, and it stays ontop where it should be. This thread includes extremely valuable information to new players about earning money, and should ALWAYS be on top of the threads in this forum.

*edit* The original thread is now "hidden" in Regulas's new players guide, almost to the very bottom. New players don't bother sitting down to read all that, so they want just the quick info on the important things. And money is always important.
    Last edited by Octo; Aug 20th, 2004 at 07:26:42.
    Octo - eqp

Atlanteans Legendary Teddybear wielding engineer and author of Click

Get the all new SK/XP Calculator and find out when you will DING!

Quote Originally Posted by DreamSnake
    *bump* to move this back to first page. Any way to get this rooted so we dont' have to keep "bump spamming"?

I've been playing less than a month and this post has been a nice source of info for me.

edit: What I would also find helpful is knowing if the QL of a particular item is important and why. A friend explained to me why the concrete cusions need to be QL 10, but I'm a little bit confused on some of the other items.
    Basically, you want the lowest ql that offers the highest possible mods. The reason you want this is b/c you don't have to waste any IP's in skills you'll never use. i.e. - if you're an Keeper and need to equip a +agility rifle, you're gonna wanna find the lowest ql that offers +20, 25, or 30 agility. This way you don't dump a good bit of IP into a useless skill for your specific profession. All of the links have the desired ql in them.

Bump for uber post!

Great job Icon!
    My guys:
    Measle, the level 151 Doc,
    Sneezle, the level 71 Agent
    Dzeezul, the level 30 Martial Artist
    Tweezle, the level 75 Engineer

Our motto:

Implants not done? JOBE clusters won't run? Not having fun? TREATMENT GUN!

if anyone noticed -- the thread is listed (the original one) in the "a guide for new players" ... we don't need to sticky everything and make a big mess when we went to the trouble of indexing these thing in the first place.

if someone were interested in making money or whatnot, they could certainly cruise through that and find the information, rather they choose to or not, is a different thing.

so please stop bumping this for sticky (or in general, really.)
    Last edited by CJ; Aug 21st, 2004 at 17:25:32.
    ~ CJ ~
    Formerly known as Timelapse

Certified AO Forum Freak!

~ Check out our old comics here! ~

You make newbies like me happy .
    Modre | Martial Artist | Level 11 | Official Newbie

Quote Originally Posted by Timelapse
    if anyone noticed -- the thread is listed (the original one) in the "a guide for new players" ... we don't need to sticky everything and make a big mess when we went to the trouble of indexing these thing in the first place.

if someone were interested in making money or whatnot, they could certainly cruise through that and find the information, rather they choose to or not, is a different thing.

so please stop bumping this for sticky (or in general, really.)
    The problem is, if you go through Deacs original thread, and then you go through this one, the old one is out of date. I've edited and reorganized this post, some of the old info from the original can be misleading and make newer players invest time in going after items that aren't worth a dime anymore. If it's all the same, maybe replace the old link w/ this one so newer players getter a more up-to-date version.

*Also, AI is right around the corner, it would be silly to not have one of these threads up and running, it'll have to be updated of course, but then again, that's what the edit button is for.

Great post. I started about 3 weeks ago and to me this is the best game I have played in a long time. I only have about 1000 creds to my name and when people quote 6 figure sums in shopping channel I think omg, .

bump for a great thread.

One word: range meters.

...er, 2
    Bartle type: EAS. 9% of respondents so far fall into that type.

Explorer: 86%; Achiever: 60%; Socializer: 26%; Killer: 26%

shhhh u're ruining my little earner
    I like a game where a total n00b is catalogued as 'leet'!

Genesis General and HR manager.

Alentejana (MA) Elinz (NT) Fixinbabe (Fix duuuh) Rutinha (Adv)
    Ezeta (MP) Penicillin (Doc) Taradona (Trd) Daleetjoosik (Keep) Greenform (Crat) Snipinha (Agent)

Since you don't have PMs turned on, Icon, and I'm not ingame and Timelapse said we shouldn't bump, I figured I'd post some current price info here:

* I've sold 9 pairs of concrete cushions (QL11) in 2 days. Only one pair was for 350k and that was to one of two people who questioned my asking price of 400k. All the others paid up without a single objection or offered more before I even mentioned my asking price.

* After cushions come Quartzes. Blitzed a few, sold 1 so far, also for 400k and also without objection.

* Before leaving the ICC shuttleport I picked up some Joint Clan Shades for 6k each. Sold them for 100-150k each. I saw some others advertising and they told me they were selling them for 200-300k. Bit of a pain to earn the cash in the shuttleport to buy lots of them but it's a wise investment .

comon, NOW will you sticky this?

and this is good.

Another good way for traders and engineers to make money is blood plasma. You can buy a bio com device in the trade section of the stores. Investing a little spare IP into pharm tech can help you make lots of money by converting monster parts into blood plasma. This it the first and only trade skill I would invest in (besides computer literacy of course) until you reach the level 100ish title cap. It will make you a lot of money when you are new and really need it. Just kill monsters, pick up the parts, and convert it using the bio com. Then sell the resulting blood plasma to the shop. The trader shop will get you about 20% more money on average than the regular shop. When your toon grows up and can make QL 200 blood plasma, it sells for almost 2 million per pack full to the trader shop.

Doctors should also look into this one. After all, they will eventually raise Pharma later, to make high QL stims and kits so why not use a few spare IP early on and make a little money?

and quarkzee... check post #26 by Timelapse. It is not stickied on its own, but indexed and linked in the newbie guide. As the original thread by thedeacon was for at least 1 year.
    Last edited by Doctor_fun; Sep 17th, 2004 at 12:55:19.
    I like a game where a total n00b is catalogued as 'leet'!

Genesis General and HR manager.

Alentejana (MA) Elinz (NT) Fixinbabe (Fix duuuh) Rutinha (Adv)
    Ezeta (MP) Penicillin (Doc) Taradona (Trd) Daleetjoosik (Keep) Greenform (Crat) Snipinha (Agent)

waaaahhh i forgot to make range meters in the ICC before I left...

time for another alt.

Edited a thing or two, I'd like to see this newer version replace the link FC has in their "Guide for new players" thread.

Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast