Thread: Test Server

Test Server

Recently I returned to game.

I have found an amazing number of improvmants (customer service is a big plus rather than the old unmanned mail box ). Sadly tho I logged on to test server and found a shambles, I used to enjoy poking in the odd corners of AO looking for bugs and getting bug points for my time.
    Seems Bugsy was hacked a year ago and all points are gone.. well ok this is sad but we move on ( no stranger to losing points ... beast tara ect ) but i also find no new system in place yet and a buch of people playing just so that they can play free.
    What is the point of a test server now if no one is hunting for bugs? wouldnt the resources from the test server be better benifiting live servers now.
    After a year if there is no new bug system in place than unlikly there will be in the future.

Note: I may be a bit biased as I was treated rudly when i logged in my test toon.

Funcom employee

Hello Sundri,

It's always nice to see people visiting/returning to Testlive, but I'm sorry to hear your first impressions haven't been so great. I'd be happy to speak with you privately about any specific incidents on the server that led to the biases you say you bear.

Yes, Bugsy was hacked over a year ago, and no, a system to replace all the functionality has not been fully implemented, but many steps have been taken towards such a solution. There are several changes in the works in regards to Testlive, Bug/Exploit reporting, and compensation for your time/effort; myself and all the other key players behind these initiatives hope that these will be met positively and encourage more activity on our Testlive server. The fruits of the behind-the-scenes from the ARK Bug Hunters and the Dev team should be arriving much sooner than later.

All of that "Soon" stuff aside, Testlive has been and continues to be a highly beneficial site for receiving feedback on new content before it is shipped out to Live. Whether it's the initial rush of players visiting the server to be the first to defeat a new encounter, or a very generous player who visits the server to report an issue to an ARK/GM/Dev who is on the server, feedback does get from the playerbase to us, sometimes contrary to popular belief.

Once again, I do apologize your initial steps into Testlive haven't been the greatest, but I do stand by the server and the positive results we get from it.
    Henry "Michizure" Senger
    Lead Designer

Funcom employee

I also look forward to what Michizure speaks of, and I just wanted to add that we'll announce it here on the official forum when this alternative system is in place and ready to be used.
    Former Game Director of Anarchy Online.

Funcom employee

It should be pretty cool (i just wanted to reply to the thread too).
    Brad L. McAtee / Kintaii
    Former Senior AO Designer & Jack of All Trades
    (2007 - 2012)
    ~~ Twitter :: Facebook :: Norse Noir ~~

yup it will be.

edit: i didnt get lighter background for some reason..
    You hit Tarasque with nanobots for 18280 points of melee damage.
    First shade with Blades of Boltar
    ---
    How much is enough?
    Member of Halinallet!