Thread: Breed

Breed

Hey

What is the best breed to choose for 220pvm?
    Well. Who will have the easiest time getting symbs in?
    We use mostly control stymbs, right? Besides artillery for weapon skills.
    I am NM atm, but was wondering if opi or soli would be better if I want to solo stuff at 220. Also, I think my NM is ugly!
    Rajib - 220 Shotgun Doctor | Businessraj - 220 Shotgun Trader | Nanquan 210+ MA | Blasi - 209 ME Keeper | Rajliana - 200 bow MA ++++++

WTB Red and blue teams in BS. Thanks Michi!

If it is for PvM the difference is minimal to non-existant, nanomage has their absorb, solitus has sphere and/or survival for some extra critical hit chance and/or healing. Opifex has some extra base evades and atrox has some more health and some extra damage. Traders really needs all their AI perks as it is though, so the most benefit is given from going nanomage.

If you plan on migrating to PvP eventually then anything not opifex will do :P
    General of Horizon. Member of Unity. Frequent visitor of Free Spirits and The Last Element.

Nave [ 220 Solitus Fixer ] Qien [ 220 Solitus Engineer ] Navezero [ 200 Solitus Soldier ]
    Rafeg
    [ 150 Opifex Agent ] Midriff [ 60 Atrox Soldier ] Lowriff [ 30 Atrox Keeper ]

Also: Giant horde of alts.

For PvM, the biggest advantage goes to NM for their absorb.

I believe solitus has the easiest time getting on alphas. I put on full set of alphas on Wrangeline without owning a burden for example.

For PvP, nanomage is best due to the absorb. With as little active defense as traders got, a 5k absorb will do wonders. Putting on alphas on a nanomage isn't exactly impossible either. So overall the nanomage wins hands down imo.

But in PvM, the times when you will NEED that NM-absorb is few and far between. We got mezz and such and it's rare to fight a boss that takes you so close to death that using a 5k absorb once will make that long fight end up in your victory. Usually, if you are able to go toe to toe with a boss for a really long time, you are safe enough to not need that absorb. If you need absorb, chances are you will be close to dying more than once in that fight.

So for pure PvM, solitus is fine. Less stress with symbiants.

But if you already have a nanomage trader, then I'd think it would be a better idea to just keep playing that than to reroll or to spend any resources on a breed change. If you don't like the look of your NM then just mix and match some really unique and cool looking social armor/clothes combination and have a helmet be part of that
    Veteran of Equilibrium

Thanks for tips! I choose the silly clownface for some reason :P
    Rajib - 220 Shotgun Doctor | Businessraj - 220 Shotgun Trader | Nanquan 210+ MA | Blasi - 209 ME Keeper | Rajliana - 200 bow MA ++++++

WTB Red and blue teams in BS. Thanks Michi!

In one area the atrox far outshines the other breeds in my experience. Strutting around in T3 back armor for maximum swag!

In all seriousness I've had a lot of fun with trox. Got all but 2-3 alphas in. Haven't run across any major difficulties that changing breed would solve. The nanobot defense nano is a little less effective on rest of breeds that aren't NM
    Last edited by Rossco; May 18th, 2013 at 08:45:34.
    Rosss / Rawdeal

My AO YouTube vids

The Red Brotherhood My home and family!

Quote Originally Posted by Rossco View Post
    The nanobot defense nano is a little less effective on rest of breeds that aren't NM
    How effective is it anyway..

Quote Originally Posted by Tradoroz View Post
    How effective is it anyway..
    Self Change 65 % if Breed == Solitus or
    Breed == Opifex or
    Breed == Atrox
    Self Change 70 % if Breed == Nanomage
    Quote Originally Posted by Vgman01 View Post
    With a kite team you generaly pay for your lvls. Imo this makes it ok..
    Quote Originally Posted by Vgman01 View Post
    Pocket teaming is fine to because (most of the time) players actualy step up and kill the hecklers.
    Quote Originally Posted by Hvyshadows View Post
    OST is actually a good thing. In many Ely heck teams where there is a pocket the rest of the team sits around and chats every once in awhile.

I did a breed change to NM on my NT recently, i have to say there are quite a few NM fems whut are pretty hot
    Also, i like my trox trader just fine, at 210 were i am now accumulator heals for 750'ish making the trox HP last 4 evah. Still, since i suck at symbiant twinking the D-Rapier will have to wait a while
    Last edited by Notcrattey; Today at 05:51:45. Reason: Didn't actually edit it, was a mistake!

I want to make an opi.
    When I make mistakes, I use a lot of salt,
    cause salt makes m'steaks taste great!

Beornin - The original Shotgun Adv
    Obsessive - First 220 Trox Engi
    Euthanizer - Reanimated NT

Quote Originally Posted by beornin View Post
    i want to make an opi.
    do eeet
    Pricecuts - 220 Trader
    Feel free to contact me via PM or in-game.

Raggy - 220 Bureaucrat || Raggeh - 220 Fixer | Back as 'Raggys' - Shade for the time being. | Nuclei - 217 Nanotechnician || Nanobiology - 214 Doctor

Tip #743: As noted in Tip #244, tea bags have an infinite variety of uses. However, there's always one jerk who will want to give you crap over drinking tea. Particularly if in a new town, use this as an opportunity to assert yourself. Any drunken idiot can win a bar fight. It takes a real man to win a bar fight while enjoying a cup of Earl Grey.

Quote Originally Posted by Iaitoo View Post
    Also, I think my NM is ugly!
    I think mine is super kawaii.
    Diabetes - teh qt engi
    Anseh - teh nab nanotech
    Lethargic - teh gimp trader

Devil Inside

Solitus is the easiest breed to twink, due to the balanced abilities.
    for pure PVM.. i would go atrox, cause you get more health, and that's what you survive on.
    OR, nanomage and the 5k absorb. Depends on what you like the most.

I find the lack of Opi love in this thread utterly disgusting.
    Pricecuts - 220 Trader

Raggy - 220 Bureaucrat || Raggeh - 220 Fixer | Back as 'Raggys' - Shade for the time being. | Nuclei - 217 Nanotechnician || Nanobiology - 214 Doctor

Tip #743: As noted in Tip #244, tea bags have an infinite variety of uses. However, there's always one jerk who will want to give you crap over drinking tea. Particularly if in a new town, use this as an opportunity to assert yourself. Any drunken idiot can win a bar fight. It takes a real man to win a bar fight while enjoying a cup of Earl Grey.

Quote Originally Posted by Raggy View Post
    Opis are bad and you should feel bad.
    Brofist 220/30/70 Engineer
    Techbro 220/30/70 Nano-Technician

Quote Originally Posted by Brofist View Post
    x100000
    Diabetes - teh qt engi
    Anseh - teh nab nanotech
    Lethargic - teh gimp trader

Devil Inside

Quote Originally Posted by Raggy View Post
    To me it's an easy choice.

Traders use big guns.

Opis look cool carrying big guns.

Trader should be opi.

Quote Originally Posted by Brofist View Post
    All I feel is sexy.
    Pricecuts - 220 Trader

Come to think of it, trox MA trader would look quite nice.

Quote Originally Posted by Beornin View Post
    Come to think of it, trox MA trader would look quite nice.
    Its is great and look good same time.