Thread: Need some input ...

Need some input ...

My 220 engie have been scheduled for a FIPR now so I am speculating a little what to aim for afterwards. So far I haven't really gotten into the PVP (only on lower toons ...) but I would like to try.

Also I have no supple .. nor have I done the SCC , ACDC ... and i am not sure I can afford the credz to buy or the time to farm it.

This is mostly what i could think up based on what I have or feelt I could huzztle up with little effort ... maybe if it works out and time permits ... I would go for the more 'expensive' setup.

Initial thought up setup would be http://auno.org/ao/equip.php?saveid=195645

Idea is to use AS & shotgun Master 7 + pets and also maybe dont know if it counts, fling & burst to well ... kill people ...

Comments, ideas and suggestions would be much welcome !
    Workboy and my equip

Aggroboy
    and my equip

Quote Originally Posted by Pomidor View Post
    History of great experiences during Anarchy Online timeplay:

2001 - I just saw a player!
    2002 - I was in huge battle!
    2003 - I have Made first twink!
    2004 - I have made first quest in Shadowlands
    2005 - I dinged 220
    2006 - Was that an Alien? Holy Mothership...
    2007 - I own my first ql 300 CSS!
    2008 - We did Beast with just 3 guys!
    2009 - Damn, that Xan weapons LoX... erm Rox!
    2010 - Finnaly first character fully geared with all best stuff.
    2011 - Battlestations are so much zerg wars
    2012 - I have made set of twinks for new level ranges, they rocks!
    2013 - I made few 220 characters to level other characters...
    2014 - I saw a player!

You should start by getting some AS skill (with scope, wrist imp and armor) and equipping onehander (I assume that's your plan, kick pistol doesn't have AS). For onehander setup you can use some stuff like Artillery Crepescule Vest all us engies used to use in ye olde AS gun days, but if you ever move on to Troa'ler you will probably need some AI armor for AR + AS. Beast sleeve is also cheap option for ranged skills.

I would also suggest building amep before fipr if you havent already, without ai armor your AR wont be so great with pehwer anyway you will want the 25% ME bonus.

Replace combat bracer with an HP one (either masterpiece, or that newish one that adds 75 damage in addition to 1200 hp) For NCU I'd suggest upgraded yuttos or the HP ones, engy NR isn't anything special

After that just work on incrementally improving your stuff, your HP and pistol skill. Until you end up with something like http://auno.org/ao/equip.php?saveid=193015
    New Engine - Announced: June 2007 ETA: Soon™ I'm speechless (June 2015)
    Rebalancing - Announced: January 2009 ETA: December 21, 2012 Started! (April 2015)
    New TL7 Pets - Announced: March 2009 ETA: Uh...
    AS Changes - Announced: July 2009 ETA: TBA
    Parry/Riposte - Announced: October 2009 ETA: ??? Did it! (April 2015)
    Perk Changes - Announced: October 2009 ETA: Right after server merge Started! (April 2015)
    Breed Change - Announced: November 2009 ETA: Hell freezing They did it!!! (Oct 2012)
    Beta Server - Announced: January 2010 ETA: Pigs Flying Did it! (Feb 2014)

Oups .. I had wrong pistola .. should ofc be Troa'Ler Pistol and not the Peh'Wer Pistol ...

Thanx for taking the time to give advice but my original idea was to try and not go the cookie cutter setup route imo (Combined Commandos + Troa'Ler Pistol & Peh'Wer Pistol ) but instead try and load up on crit % then in second hand dmg mods ... or atleast trying to make the kick pistol setup work ...

I have a mster bracer but I picked the combat bracer since it gave + crit % ... I would have around 8k from gear in this setup ... to low ?

Dreadloch Stab => Dredloch Sniper
    VTS => ELLTS
    Aim of Libra => ACDC

the ones on the left I have and the ones on the right I dont have and thought to much bother just to try but if it works id try get them

SCC would be better than combat shoulder i guess and IOGC for the other ... SCC for back would be upgrade over OFAB ... but I hoping it wont make or break the setup ?

I not sure that infused yuttos would be better than what I picked ? NR vs crit decrease ?

gloves I am not really sure maybe try get a CSS here then for AR ? there are no +crit options avavible
    Last edited by haide; Mar 27th, 2014 at 16:48:22.
    Workboy and my equip

Aggroboy
    and my equip

2005 - I dinged 220
    2014 - I saw a player!

Quote Originally Posted by haide View Post
    I would have around 8k from gear in this setup ... to low ?
    You basically want every single point of HP you can get as an engie, I sit on about 19k HP and it goes quickly versus anything with perks that do nice damage, and since engineer evades suck dong every single thing in game is going to perk you, so HP goes fast.
    Brofist 220/30/70 Engineer
    Techbro 220/30/70 Nano-Technician

Oups .. I had wrong pistola .. should ofc be Troa'Ler Pistol and not the Peh'Wer Pistol ...

Thanx for taking the time to give advice but my original idea was to try and not go the cookie cutter setup route imo (Combined Commandos + Troa'Ler Pistol & Peh'Wer Pistol ) but instead try and load up on crit % then in second hand dmg mods ... or atleast trying to make the kick pistol setup work ...
    Well that's...erg. Weird. There's a reason certain setups work and most people don't do odd stuff like this For one thing crit heavy setups don't work incredibly well anymore, because everyone has access to some crit resist. Shade/Fixer/MA/crat are immune, agents are mostly immune, high hp profs like doc and enf usually make an effort to have a bit of crit resist as well. And while a crit heavy setup is what you would expect for a onehander setup, there are very good reasons why engies using Troa'ler are wearing a full set of combined. Chief among them is AS recharge, your auno setup will need about +740 or so aimed shot skill to cap the cycle on Troa'ler pistol. Beast sleeve and artillery crep chest are basically the only non-AI armor pieces that add a decent amount of AS skill and also other useful mods for engy (in this case, HP). So after scope, 300 eye imp, 300 wrist imp (best to leave hand as symb for even nanoskills) that only leaves you room for having one piece of armor that doesn't add to AS skill. In my example setup, ofab hat - i used to use head and chest slots for nanoskill swapping. You can get another armor slot free by using dreadloch sniper friend or your combat bracer, but all in all there's not much flexibility.

I have a mster bracer but I picked the combat bracer since it gave + crit % ... I would have around 8k from gear in this setup ... to low ?
    In the game of trade-off's, that one's not great. 1 crit and 25 AS is a small advantage, 1200 HP is a big one (plus it adds more damage which will improve AS anyway). Being that we don't take a lot of 30% caps, more HP is always better and one of the most beneficial traits you can enhance. The more HP you have, the longer you have to react and the more work you get out of healdelta and biorejuv etc.

Dreadloch Stab => Dredloch Sniper
    VTS => ELLTS
    Aim of Libra => ACDC

the ones on the left I have and the ones on the right I dont have and thought to much bother just to try but if it works id try get them
    Sniper's friend is nice but you'll be constantly swapping it for nanoskills, they are rough! You will need all the AS skill you can get so VTS is totally out (see my first paragraph in this response) but ELLTs is pretty excessive for someone just trying to get their pvp bearings. I would suggest sticking with 275 VE.

SCC would be better than combat shoulder i guess and IOGC for the other ... SCC for back would be upgrade over OFAB ... but I hoping it wont make or break the setup ?
    Looking at that item, to me it's more of a sidegrade. Ofab armor is dirt cheap, adds more HP, and 4% stun immunity. SCC adds a tiny bit of nanoskills/healdelta/runspeed, but nothing major.

I not sure that infused yuttos would be better than what I picked ? NR vs crit decrease ?
    1 crit decrease is definitely more valuable than 15 NR - to an engineer. But like I said HP ones are also good.

All in all your setup is not totally terrible, but basically lacking things that you would know based on experience. You have an AS gun that requires lots of AS skill but you don't have the armor or imps for it. You focus on crit while using an AS gun that isn't particularly crit reliant, along with lowish AR. All the +crit in the world won't make a difference if you don't hit the target - shooting at players is a lot different from shooting at mobs, the 2800ish? pistol AR an engy in cc has isn't even good enough to reliably hit most players. Luckily the pistol perks are only 80% check. As for the kick pistol...as an equipment choice necessary to use easy shot, I agree (its either that or onehander). But otherwise...you won't hit people with normal shots much, it's slow, and it has a minimum damage of 1. Most people don't use such a RK weapon except for AS. It's very risky.

Hope you enjoyed my wall of text!
    Rebalancing - Announced: January 2009 ETA: December 21, 2012 Started! (April 2015)
    Perk Changes - Announced: October 2009 ETA: Right after server merge Started! (April 2015)
    Breed Change - Announced: November 2009 ETA: Hell freezing They did it!!! (Oct 2012)

Oki .. I see your point .. ill try to listen but I still would like to give the kick pistol a shot (SM7 seams just to be good ... ) would the swap from Peh'Wer Pistol to Kick Pistol mean much ?

I still get fling & Burst (for eating blockers) ... should get lower dmg i guess also for regulars .. but does that mean much in PVP (in reality that is ... )

I will have to run some numbers and come up with some thing to try a bit later ... guess crit should be less important and more AR/HP ...

also .. seams some use imp over EOE ? I read that 300 would be doable nowdays (I have some low ones laying in bank and also a ql226, ql300) ?
    Workboy and my equip

Aggroboy
    and my equip

2005 - I dinged 220
    2014 - I saw a player!

also .. seams some use imp over EOE ?
    Simple answer: Yes.
    ..:: 220|30|70|e|::.. Dumonde
    ..:: 220|30|70|e|::.. Rank1
    ..:: 220|30|70|e|::.. Maxwell
    ..:: 220|30|70|e|::.. Zidane
    ..:: 220|28|66|e|::.. Isaak
    ..:: 215|20|56|e|::.. Rumb0
    ..:: 215|15|29|e|::.. Tiesto-1
    ..:: 212|17|46|e|::.. Pulsedriver
    ..:: 210|08|09|e|::.. Unseen

.. :: Punk :: ..

also .. seams some use imp over EOE ? I read that 300 would be doable nowdays (I have some low ones laying in bank and also a ql226, ql300) ?
    The AR advantage over implant for a pistol user is quite small (compared to say, EOE vs. imp for Fixer). And the 41 AS advantage of implant would require sacrifice elsewhere. For a PVM engy or onehander user EOE is good, but otherwise I say imp is best.