Page 12 of 19 FirstFirst 12345678910111213141516171819 LastLast

Thread: Friday with Means - June 5th, 2009

Quote Originally Posted by Brampfine View Post
    i know from only 1-3 active high pvp crat´s on rk3
    and mid level crats are reclaim meat.
    No worries, there will be plenty of XP auras to comp. this.
    Irmo 220 sol
    Hogfather 220 doc "ER...HO. HO. HO."
    Wintersmith 220 crat
    Ainur 209 trader
    Viralbots Incorporated

"Real children don't go hoppity-skip unless they are on drugs."

Quote Originally Posted by Vassilis View Post
    Stuns were never inate to the crats toolset. Same for evades, crats were never supposed to become some high evades proff (it only happened quite late in AO history after Metaing got in charge of it I think). The primary toolset of crats was also supposed to be their charms (that's why rk mobs in belial were really cool to charm & be used in pvp back in the days). But the game is completely destroyed now anyway ^^
    Not everything is right here. Stuns are since patch 11.0 and aad aura since 13.2, So crats are meant to stun (best stun preSL) and have high aad. Primary toolset of crats is control, be it crowd or mind.
    i R not spik engrish

You should really change ure minimum level from 1 to 201 on ure character stats...
    There are infact TWICE as many crats as there are traders above 201... I wonder why...

Also, traders are more than capable of killing without AS in pvp on lower levels, the main reason is fairly high crit damage and good attackrating on weapons.
    When you hit TL7 tho, ure crit damage and min damage is just about the same as it was at level 100 with a ql 184 Krutt... kindof sad. :P

Hello, Spockster here. Many know of me and I don't complain except for when ignorance and rudeness rear its ugly head. My first gut check reaction to this news was "oh no". I do not PVP except for BS to get my VPs for valuables. I use my crat to farm stuff from high level areas and it was made much easier with the advent of the stun procs. I have played for nearly 7 years and since the stun procs came into the game, I have had positive feedback to them from teammates at a rate of at least 10 to 1. Of course that proves nothing since I do not PVP and have no feedback from there.

But after that initial reaction I remembered that I played my crat to 220 without the stun procs, and I still remember how to do that exact thing. I will adjust back to old school crat style again. Of my 8 220 toons, the crat is my favorite profession to play. Always has been and always will be. We have always had stuns just not that awesome.

The complete removal of stun procs is just an over reaction as opposed to a reduction in stun time.

I will adjust just as I did from the start and LEARN how to play my toon as opposed to whining about it til someone changes it. So many people do not want to do that, but complain till FC makes adjustments to suit them.

Looking forward to the pet improvements because since forever my crat gets aggro from all pets even if my crat does not attack. That is nothing new and I am used to it.

Were stun procs overpowered? Yes indeed. Can I survive without them? I seemed to be a very popular and successful crat before them so I am sure I will. Interested in how long till complaints take away those root procs.

Play on and have fun. This is a game. So many forget that. Live long and prosper.
    Last edited by Spock; Jun 11th, 2009 at 19:01:54. Reason: mispelling

Quote Originally Posted by Spock View Post
    Hello, Spock here. Many know of me and I don't complain except for when ignorance and rudeness rear its ugly head. My first gut check reaction to this news was "oh no". I do not PVP except for BS to get my VPs for valuables. I use my crat to farm stuff from high level areas and it was made much easier with the advent of the stun procs. I have played for nearly 7 years and since the stun procs came into the game, I have had positive feedback to them from teammates at a rate of at least 10 to 1. Of course that proves nothing since I do not PVP and have no feedback from there.

But after that initial reaction I remembered that I played my crat to 220 without the stun procs, and I still remember how to do that exact thing. I will adjust back to old school crat style again. Of my 8 220 toons, the crat is my favorite profession to play. Always has been and always will be. We have always had stuns just not that awesome.

The complete removal of stun procs is just an over reaction as opposed to a reduction in stun time.

I will adjust just as I did from the start and LEARN how to play my toon as opposed to whining about it til someone changes it. So many people do not want to do that, but complain till FC mades adjustments to suit them.

Looking forward to the pet improvements because since forever my crat gets aggro from all pets even if my crat does not attack. That is nothing new and I am used to it.

Were stun procs overpowered? Yes indeed. Can I survive without them? I seemed to be a very popular and successful crat before them so I am sure I will. Interested in how long till complaints take away those root procs.

Play on and have fun. This is a game. So many forget that. Live long and prosper.
    Why aren't you beta testing Star Trek Online ?
    Gimp army from outer space:
    Falkvinge.::.Synneve.::.Gothangel.::.Devilbunny.::.Ulcerosa.::.Alywen

Quote Originally Posted by Falkvinge View Post
    Shhh! we don't want people to move over there!
    Twitch Channel - Youtube Channel - Twitter - Facebook - Pinterest
    AO Universe - By Players, For Players! The #1 AO Fansite Worldwide - Site Founder (Retired). | AOSpeak - Unofficial AO Teamspeak 3 Server - Founder (Retired). | AO Recipebook - In-Game Recipe/Tradeskill Bot - Founder (Retired).
    Founding member of the Council of Truth Clerical Staff.
    Keep in mind: My posts are my own personal views and thoughts.

Quote Originally Posted by Windguaerd View Post
    Shhh! we don't want people to move over there!
    Sorry but I could not resist

Quote Originally Posted by krumpfwild View Post
    Atrox VS Klingon ?
    I doubt that Spock would play a Klingon tho =)

Solitus <--> Human
    Atrox <--> Klingon
    Nanomage <--> Vulcan
    Opifex <--> ?????

easy one is :
    Borgs <--> Borgs

Quote Originally Posted by krumpfwild View Post
    Solitus <--> Human
    Atrox <--> Klingon
    Nanomage <--> Vulcan
    Opifex <--> ?????

easy one is :
    Borgs <--> Borgs
    Opifex <--> Romulan
    I am Dagget

Sorry but I could not resist
    Resistance is futile!

Because they have not responded to my request to be added to Beta testing yet. They have not started testing yet or I have not been assimilated yet. But I surely will try it out. Looking forward to Star Trek Online. \\//,

Quote Originally Posted by masterblaster View Post
    Ok Mr/Mrs Honest Andy, lets put you on the spot, since you are the NPC Advocate of the day.

Did you ever do a Raid Command !c No stun procs?
    Ever asked a crat in your team to reduce the chances of killing something, Asked them not to Pop stuns?
    just because you dont think its fair?
    Have you ever seen any one , including a team member ask a Crat not to run stun procs in PVM.
    In 12 Man? Beast? Db1, DB2? APF10, APF13?APF28? APF35? APF42? Albtrum?Ha?
    HAVE YOU!?????
    I think Not!
    Sorry, I dunno, I don't team crats, they take the fun out PVM.

But seriously, just cause I don't like stun procs doesn't mean i'm going to tell people how to play the game. I still stick wtih the fact that stun procs degrade the PVM experience. It doesn't mean I'm a hypocrite like you're trying it indicate. In addition, I have no fear of the nerf, because I know that me and my friends can complete PVM content without them, unlike others crying here.

BTW, are you ebay, cause your rant isn't indicative of someone wtih 5 years of AO gaming experience.
    Last edited by Obtena; Jun 11th, 2009 at 19:07:54.
    Awwww muffin, need a tissue?

Failed!

Quote Originally Posted by Obtena View Post
    Sorry, I dunno, I don't team crats, they take the fun out PVM.

But seriously, just cause I don't like stun procs doesn't mean i'm going to tell people how to play the game. I still stick wtih the fact that stun procs degrade the PVM experience. It doesn't mean I'm a hypocrite like you're trying it indicate. In addition, I have no fear of the nerf, because I know that me and my friends can complete PVM content without them, unlike others crying here.

BTW, are you ebay, cause your rant isn't indicative of someone wtih 5 years of AO gaming experience.
    Sorry you are right, it's not 5 Years.
    its 8 & 3/4 years of AO. lol
    FAILED!

lol, Sure & your a Retard!
    Thats the worst Insult you can pay another AO Player!
    I have been in AO since Sept 2001, you Ignorant NUUB!
    I started playing playing AO before there were guides.
    When more treatment , meant more clicks on the machine.
    Before the 1st Crit nerf in 2001, When a level 10 could equip
    200 Implants? where were you???????
    Before NW & a reason for Clan & Omni not to like each other.
    When people were lft 20k for bothhackers, & lev 100 was a high level toon.

Your Ignorance screams ENVY!
    That your envious of another classes abilities & Skillset.

I was Playing AO Probably before you could type, or knew what the Internet was.
    I grew up on Starcraft, Duke Nukem, UT, UT 2000, Diablo, & have over
    20 Years of Computer Gaming Experience.
    From Petitions I know more about AO than most GM's lol.
    My 1st pc was a Commidore 64.

I Don't want AO to get nerfed to Death like AOC was.,
    I even have a AOC level 80 Tempest of Set. !
    So eat a Leet !
    The One "Necurat"
    One of the 1st Atrox Shades in AO.

And a Army of alts, In AO Since 2001 Including
    Retired>Commissarr 220/le70
    Bureaucrat ,Super Stacker of 255/Tunin.
    Master of Ergo. General of Hells Heroes
    "These aren't the Droids your looking for!"

<--snip-->
    So, I read your whole post a couple times, and all I'm getting from it is "blah blah HAY EVERYBODY LOOK AT MY PENIS blah blah." Please, put your penis away Sir. No one is interested. Anyway, if you keep waving your penis around, someone with a bigger penis is bound to show up and put you to shame.

You know, you could always try to make an actual argument. Making an actual argument is more difficult, yes, but I think you'll find that the reward is worth the challenge.
    Axtilmor - 220/25 NT
    Sulstiare - 209/20 Engy

A proud member of Circle G

Quote Originally Posted by Soosis View Post
    #1: STOP comparing Real life to a Game. Gun barrels in AO are made out of fuzzy bunnyrabits from hell, that dont melt even after 10 hours of consecutive shooting <- closer to truth, than what you are saying.

Quote Originally Posted by Shinebox View Post
    You should really change ure minimum level from 1 to 201 on ure character stats...
    There are infact TWICE as many crats as there are traders above 201... I wonder why...

Also, traders are more than capable of killing without AS in pvp on lower levels, the main reason is fairly high crit damage and good attackrating on weapons.
    When you hit TL7 tho, ure crit damage and min damage is just about the same as it was at level 100 with a ql 184 Krutt... kindof sad. :P
    This is Relevant, but since your not a crat, i guess you wouldnt know that.
    from LE Research, the 1st stun proc is at level 50. http://auno.org/ao/db.php?id=263428

I can think off hand of many ways, other than Mean's Crusade to Save the NPC's
    If it was just PVP, make a quest, to make a anti stun Hud? or make special Bosses Stun Immune.
    was that done , nope.

Ancient stun Defender? wow, what a concept?

Have they ever asked a experienced player for ideas? not sure....
    but to be honest, I have never had a /tell from a FC developer.
    The One "Necurat"

lol

Quote Originally Posted by Axtilmor View Post
    So, I read your whole post a couple times, and all I'm getting from it is "blah blah HAY EVERYBODY LOOK AT MY PENIS blah blah." Please, put your penis away Sir. No one is interested. Anyway, if you keep waving your penis around, someone with a bigger penis is bound to show up and put you to shame.

You know, you could always try to make an actual argument. Making an actual argument is more difficult, yes, but I think you'll find that the reward is worth the challenge.
    Ah, ok so let me toss to you the Insult that was thrown at me>
    are you ebayed, how does it feel?

Failed again
    The One "Necurat"

8 & 3/4 years of AO.
    Judging by your post I'd assume you started playing AO at birth then...

And it's Commodore...
    Neophyte/Sergeant/Tactician Escritores - Proud General of ..:Nordic Alliance:.. - 220/27/56 - Soldier - Equip - outdated...
    Poacher Overpoweredz - Proud UC of ..:Nordic Alliance:.. - 169/9/X - ADV - Equip outdated
    Chiropractor/Tactician Kartoon - Proud SC of ..:Nordic Alliance:.. - 150/12/12 - Doctor - TL5 PvP incoming. Under construction.
    Also a Freshman Crat, Freshman/Student/Squire/Captain Keep, Freshman/Phreaker/Scout Fix and a bunch of other tower punks and alts...
    Soldier Weaponrack: Anger of Xan, Dreadloch Modified Shark, Amplified KOC-Type 13, Lord Of Anger, AHF, SRPB, KOC-Type 12, KOEC-Type 3, 179-214-237 Coop, Supernova, Omni-Flamer.
    Gromulator: Go troll in your cavern , mr happy Bunny.
    Romaas about lvl 49 soldier BS twinks using CDR's
    Quote Originally Posted by Romaas View Post
    at 49 its totally awesome damage.

Two wrongs don't make a right.

Ebay, Retard.

You don't get respect by name calling, you lose it.

I've already posted my views on crats and stunning from different angles, let's hope players will give Means a chance to continue his good work and not whine about a change that was overdue.
    Twitch Channel - Youtube Channel - Twitter - Facebook - Pinterest
    AO Universe - By Players, For Players! The #1 AO Fansite Worldwide - Site Founder (Retired). | AOSpeak - Unofficial AO Teamspeak 3 Server - Founder (Retired). | AO Recipebook - In-Game Recipe/Tradeskill Bot - Founder (Retired).
    Founding member of the Council of Truth Clerical Staff.
    Keep in mind: My posts are my own personal views and thoughts.

Page 12 of 19 FirstFirst 12345678910111213141516171819 LastLast