Page 8 of 10 FirstFirst 12345678910 LastLast

Thread: Friday with Means - February 25th, 2011 - The dust is settling

Quote Originally Posted by Crowena View Post
    6 years x 365 days/year = 2190
    So you are literally spending half of your life playing AO. For many people it is not possible because of jobs, families, school.
    and sleeping... these are 24 hour days ^^
    Manicmouse AR SMGs - 220/30 Clan Solitus Soldier - General of New Order
    Lawmaker Pistols - 220/30 Clan Atrox Bureaucrat | Sellyoursoul Shotgun - 220/30 Clan Nanomage Trader
    Adiee Pistols - 220/30 Clan Solitus Doctor | Boltcutter MA - 220/30 Clan Atrox Engineer | Anorexia - 220/30 Clan Nanomage Enforcer

Lazy: the caste system of ao today is clan > omni > wildlife > neuts.

Gatester: Crats have the best toolset for supporting a team in PVE.
    Aramsunat: WRONG! The team supports the crat if the crat is unable to solo (which is rare)!

If he plays an engineer a good % of his time would most likely just be online idle so that he doesn't lose his slayer.
    "A whole new place to run around for ages in then die suddenly without warning."

"I know who coded pet pathing... and when I see him I say "/follow" and I start waling in to walls :P"

The "Trolls" option is incorrect. The term trolls is not used to describe the gathering of information on the Internet.

<@Kintaii> L2P

Quote Originally Posted by Crowena View Post
    6 years x 365 days/year = 2190
    So you are literally spending half of your life playing AO. For many people it is not possible because of jobs, families, school.
    Maybe he's in a stillsuit with a redbull/rudimentary nutritional paste IV? Maybe he has someone squirt liquid soap on him and hose him down / dump the ashtray full of half-smoked Lucky Strikes / feed the cat once a week.
    Waiting for a cure.

well Ao needs an "active playtime counter", i think this is possible, at least since the auto-afk function came in the game could set you idle after doing nothing for 5 minutes and this time isn´t calculated then into the /played time....
    i know people who even didn´t log out of ao when they went to bed or went into cinema or something else, this time has for sure not deserved the term "played time"...

Dual logging also doubles playtime, since we are talking total playtime on all chars here.
    Veteran of Equilibrium

oh well ooook....

so if i log 5 accounts for 2 hours i have 10 hours of playtime ?

It is if you do /played on your toons then just add the values.
    Enter the Information Age
    Proc Descriptions

Hunt, and be hunted: The Hunting Grounds | Alien Tower Field :Aliens, that really invade!
    Pet argo management: Servants Protection | Expand the Notum Silo :Make it worthwhile

Rimor
    Tesgri - 220|17|58 (Omni Agent)
    Leara - 220|25|62 (Omni Doctor)
    Ponygirl - 220|25|56 (Omni Bureaucrat)
    Means: "We have done way dumber things than this..."

Yeah i figured that one out

But as some people said before, this includes idle and /afk times, so it would be nice to see the "real" playtime somehow

Quote Originally Posted by ElBoogy View Post
    Yeah i figured that one out

But as some people said before, this includes idle and /afk times, so it would be nice to see the "real" playtime somehow
    It's impossible.
    There's no way to track that.

If auto-afk is considered, /played-farmers will just run a macro that moves the character around a bit at intervals.
    Last edited by Vhaxx; Mar 1st, 2011 at 15:48:21.
    Formerly Vhab.
    Once upon a time ruled a server. And then sold out. Sorry.

Are people really that sad?
    Colawren - Gimpest stripped adventurer on RK1.
    Reroll Enthusiast.
    The alts: Colawrenn, Iriotz, Empea

Proud member of Forsaken and Unity of the Rose.

Quote Originally Posted by Colawrenn View Post
    Are people really that sad?
    Different people have different interests.
    We're in a day and age where many games are no longer won.
    But also where arbitrary statistics itself can become the objective of the game for a particular player.

Imposing restrictions on obtaining these statistics might actually serve as encouragement to obtaining them.
    If it's harder to obtain, there's more accomplishment in actually obtaining it.

Especially within an MMO where there's no set goal but yet a variety of activities are available, players create their own objectives.
    And there will always be those who value a short cut in reaching these objectives.

I wouldn't call them sad. Maybe immoral for 'cheating' at most.
    And likely, within their mindset, they're not cheating. They're faced with a challenge and overcame it.
    Formerly Vhab.
    Once upon a time ruled a server. And then sold out. Sorry.

I wonder how people would feel if a "final win condition" was built into AO...
    "A whole new place to run around for ages in then die suddenly without warning."

"I know who coded pet pathing... and when I see him I say "/follow" and I start waling in to walls :P"

The "Trolls" option is incorrect. The term trolls is not used to describe the gathering of information on the Internet.

<@Kintaii> L2P

Quote Originally Posted by Technogen View Post
    getting their RL friends to play? thats a final win
    wtf happened to my avatars eyebrows?

I used to listen to Dubstep in the 90's... every time I connected to the internet.

Quote Originally Posted by Technogen View Post
    It's called ranged adventurer.
    Darkempire 220/30/70 Agent
    {edited by Anarrina: see me if you have questions}
    When specifically asked for positive words, responding with a personal attack is incredibly rude and inappropriate. Please do not repeat such behavior.
    Quote Originally Posted by nums214 View Post
    If my wife never got preggo omni wouldn't have lost their fields. 2009 is pretty much when I quit.

final win would be exit character

result would be angry players
    This is my signature. Gaze upon its awesomeness and weep because yours can never be this awesome.

Yeah but they can totally tell everyone that they beat an MMO!

<@Kintaii> L2P

Quote Originally Posted by Vhab View Post
    I wouldn't call them sad. Maybe immoral for 'cheating' at most.
    And likely, within their mindset, they're not cheating. They're faced with a challenge and overcame it.
    Well that definitely put me in my place. Good point well made sir.
    Colawren - Gimpest stripped adventurer on RK1.
    Reroll Enthusiast.
    The alts: Colawrenn, Iriotz, Empea

Proud member of Forsaken and Unity of the Rose.

Quote Originally Posted by Vhab View Post
    But also where arbitrary statistics itself can become the objective of the game for a particular player
    Especially if these arbitrary statistics come with badges. Mmmmm shiny, shiny badges....
    "Still, I was fabulous, and it was a bloody good laugh"

BUREAUCRASHCOLDCOMFORTFONEBONE
    KISSNMAKEUPCASHORCHEQUEJELLYFUNK

that engine stuff made my day i mean, why bother its like starting to tell ppl the earth is flat again...

So uh, the general consensus, is we're glad Means moved to Montreal or no?

I've been to Montreal...I need to visit Oslo to compare them really.

Page 8 of 10 FirstFirst 12345678910 LastLast