Page 3 of 10 FirstFirst 12345678910 LastLast

Thread: Monthly Development Update - May 31st, 2013

When does the new live graphics?
    when will the 18.7 patch?

Deutscher Ursprung^^
    wann kommt die neue grafik live?
    wann kommt der patch 18.7?
    My englisch is bad. Wenn mit mir streiten willst quatsch mich auf Deutsch zu.
    Mitglied bei Punishment Inc.

Chars
    Drheiko was born on Thu Jun 22 09:20:15 2006 RK1 150 Doc
    Grafheiko was born on Wed May 17 17:17:37 2006 RK1 200 Agent (froob)
    Tilli was born on Tue Nov 14 12:25:47 2006 Rk1 220 Keeper
    Secretagent was born on Thu Oct 26 12:28:57 2006 RK1 220 Agent
    uvm...zu den geburtstagen wünsche ich mir ein 300 supplebot

Ib4 someone states that WA PvP is no forever ruined.

220s "Wakizaka", "Sneakygank", "Wakimango", "Wakisolja", "Tardersauce", "Bushwaki", "Midgetgank", "Bugfixxx", "Ramsbottom", "Paskadoc"
    200s Chrisd, Malema, Delbaeth
    TL5s Youfail, Bugfixx, Riothamus, Johndee

Proud President of Haven | TL5 PvP

Quote Originally Posted by Neosh1 View Post
    Im disappointed to see that Joel had time to write letter for other two games but not for AO..
    I had no idea, but this is an excellent observation.
    Ghosts of Rimor
    Gorastopr 220 MA Doctor :: No pew pew. Thwack thwack.
    Goratinkr TL5 OT Hurler Factotum Engineer :: Bringin' the thunder since 2008.
    Scrubup 100 Bow Doctor :: Will she ever get out of perk reset? Stay tuned!
    Ghosts of Atlantean
    Unda TL7 MA Engineer :: Crying for more crit.
    Measles LVL1 Pistol Doctor :: It takes 2 stims to self the Expertises.

Quote Originally Posted by Le-Quack View Post
    i might be a troll

NPE selection/museum of ao greatness.

Excited about the NPE and other changes. But I'm going to miss n00b island and Seascape
    (best part of the ao soundtrack) terribly. I mean it. I'd like to be able to select which new
    character experience to play when starting a new char. Sort of a live, functional museum
    of some of the great things that used to be. The excitement and anticipation that running
    around on n00b island to the sound of Seascape makes me feel, even if I know I won't be
    levelling this char past subway at the most, has me starting new chars quite often, just for
    that experience.

Seascape: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tHFuBuuv0g4

Im disappointed to see that Joel had time to write letter for other two games but not for AO..
    Children arrive when they feel like it, I expect it hadn't read the memo on the AO newsletter deadline. Kids today, eh!?

Thanks for filling in Genele, am intrigued by the neutral city changes.
    'Everywhere is walking distance if you have the time.'

Fhinn, TL7 Neutral Gunslinger // Countinn, TL5 Neutral Trader
    Sleekitt TL5 Clan Fixer

Shattered Dreams, of ye olde RK2 Recruitment thread

Funcom employee

I do apologise for that, but TSW and AoC need to be done first because they go to translation, whereas AO doesn't get translated.

The baby came with the AO one half written on my hard drive and to be fair I was still two days ahead of the "end of May" deadline (though Genele covered all the points I had anyway - plus she has better insight into the status of the NPE than I do.)

I read the same things for years, thousands of questions and no answer ever, The new engine will remain a vaporware untill we can't see anything concrete about that, and I do not mean like render video or useless screenshots, you keep us tied to the game with this "dream" since 2007, the only thing you have done in recent years has been to destroy what this game had good, Like S10 for example, a ...."tradiction" carried out since there was destroyed for whatever reason, now s10 is useless and depopulated, although virtually everyone complained, you're screwed there, continuing on your way pretending that our thoughts counted for nothing..........I play this game from the closed beta, 13 years, 13 years of sweat and glory, destroyed in a few moments, and come here to speak of the new engine...again....., where we could go, with a best graphics, in S10 (ever for example)

So now, after tsw release u have an important decision to make, to resurrect this fantastic game with a new engine, or close all, bye bye and never more bull****s
    Last edited by maxcancer; Jun 1st, 2013 at 23:28:12.
    Account Details:
    Created 2001-06-27 13:43:25

Iron, 220/30 Bureaucrat
    Blackshadow, 220/30 Agent
    Misthyka, 220/25 Doc
    Lighttrader, 210/15 Trader
    Yokokurama, "Useless" 150 s10 MA (we lost s10 forever)
    Theater of Tragedy Squad Commander

Really, Sector 10 was all you liked in AO, it was all that was there? Man... some people.
    Thor Mastablasta Hammersmith - Level 220, AI 30, LE 70 Clan Atrox Nano Technician - Setup
    The Red Brotherhood

I'm a Nano-Technician, don't ever expect me to fight unbuffed, alone or fair.

Means: about f'ing time :P
    Satenia: heresy <3
    Znore: Mastablasta <3
    Kinkstaah: I have agro from many mobs ;(
    Madarab: we are aoe class, we are supose to use pistols
    Marxgorm: the NT toolset does not fit into my raiding tactics

Quote Originally Posted by Nusquam View Post
    I do apologise for that, but TSW and AoC need to be done first because they go to translation, whereas AO doesn't get translated.
    Yes it does. It always has been.
    Pricecuts - 220 Trader
    Feel free to contact me via PM or in-game.

Raggy - 220 Bureaucrat || Raggeh - 220 Fixer | Back as 'Raggys' - Shade for the time being. | Nuclei - 217 Nanotechnician || Nanobiology - 214 Doctor

Tip #743: As noted in Tip #244, tea bags have an infinite variety of uses. However, there's always one jerk who will want to give you crap over drinking tea. Particularly if in a new town, use this as an opportunity to assert yourself. Any drunken idiot can win a bar fight. It takes a real man to win a bar fight while enjoying a cup of Earl Grey.

Well, he *is* in Theater of Tragedy.

I don't mean to come across as anglocentric, but I didn't notice until just now that Waldgeist had stopped translating update posts into German about a year ago. Though I find it curious that he/she was responsible for AO, AoC, and TSW, and yet those still get translated. Curiouser and curiouser.
    Ghosts of Rimor
    Gorastopr 220 MA Doctor :: No pew pew. Thwack thwack.
    Goratinkr TL5 OT Hurler Factotum Engineer :: Bringin' the thunder since 2008.
    Scrubup 100 Bow Doctor :: Will she ever get out of perk reset? Stay tuned!
    Ghosts of Atlantean
    Unda TL7 MA Engineer :: Crying for more crit.
    Measles LVL1 Pistol Doctor :: It takes 2 stims to self the Expertises.

Quote Originally Posted by Le-Quack View Post
    i might be a troll

Seriously guys, get a grip, we're at the bottom of the totempole and it won't change so who cares :P In fact, on the things that's getting mentioned in this months update I'd rather have Genele update us, no disrespect Joel

Quote Originally Posted by Lazy View Post
    confirmed: game director would rather spend time with family than work on the game. clearly devs don't care about ao.
    genele is the game director, not the lame-o he's making excuses for.

edit : also i have nothing against people wanting to spend time with their families, i don't think that should be a crime especially if the person in question is having a baby being delivered soonish. but lets review the new guys track record already.

1. Guy comes on to the forums, says hello this is what i will be doing etc etc.
    2. Guy makes no additional posts or appearances for awhile.
    3. March month comes and goes without a update letter. One of the other funcom employees makes an excuse on his behalf to mind his absence.
    4. Someone on the forums reveals he has time to write things for the other games, just simply left AO out.
    5. Throughout various interviews over the 60 day course he's gotten his promotion, there is almost zero mention of AO in any of them. The few details revealed by him have shown to be minimal at best signalling a lack of interest in 1/3'rd of his projects that he gets paid to maintain.
    6. Posts a community letter which says basically nothing. Makes a comment about hecklers, the post isn't even formatted with any kind of spacing or bold or anything. Total waste of time.
    7. guy misses another community letter although having yet again addressed the other 2 games personally and forgetting AO again. The game director makes an excuse on his behalf a second time and the guy has the time to come on here and explain himself, rather than just writing out 2 paragraphs (if he was actually half-way finished the post as he claims) and avoiding looking like a slob all together.

i for one, welcome our new lazy overlords.

Quote Originally Posted by Pennypacker View Post
    Seriously guys, get a grip, we're at the bottom of the totempole and it won't change so who cares :P In fact, on the things that's getting mentioned in this months update I'd rather have Genele update us, no disrespect Joel
    we might be at the bottom of the totem pole but we're still funcoms most profitable game. there is likely zero or near zero upcost for the ancient servers needed to run this game. we pay subscriptions worthy of a premium MMO experience, European people get even more screwed especially.

we pay out the butt. we deserve a few lines of text telling us how things are going on a regular basis. I'm likely not renewing next cycle despite having had a refreshing experience and high hopes for the games future with the server merge unless Joel gets his act together and at least convinces us that funcom cares at all about AO (even if it isnt true). If their newest shining star doesn't care about the game, likely the company doesn't either and everything we're seeing here may as well remain vaporware.
    Last edited by Marinegent; Jun 2nd, 2013 at 03:39:42.
    Leave "Marinegent" AScar - 220/23/65 Atrox Agent
    Wakeup "Marinesold" Screaming - 220/30/70 Nanomage Soldier
    "Moonmarin" - 220/30/80 Solitus Martial Artist
    "Marinekeep" - 215/18/4x Atrox Keeper
    Quote Originally Posted by CuisinartBlade View Post
    to be fair, 2.8k ar is enough to perk anyone except fixers, mas, advs, shades, nt's that blinded you, shield mps, bow mps that landed dazzle, def docs, crats, or marinesold

so all in all it's a fairly viable setup

Quote Originally Posted by Kaboomski View Post
    Anyone know if they've mentioned the 12th anniversary celebrations start date or when the 18.7 will be released in perhaps another thread?

I tried searching with site:forums.anarchy-online.com through google with no luck.
    Not sure which you are speaking of when talking about celebrations? I see the words Celebration and of course I see this as Parties and we hope to have information out on that soon, like before the end of next week. On the stuff covered by Genele well I can't really speak for those.

As for when 18.7 will be released I'm sure they'll tell us all when they are ready since they will want players to test it for them before it is deployed to Live.
    Director Bekrowe
    ARK Community Relations
    Public Forums Moderator
    Advisors of Rubi-Ka

:: Social Guidelines ::
    :: Ark Public Website :: Social Events with ARK :: Rubi-Ka Marriage Registry :: ARK Tours :: Join ARK!

Quote Originally Posted by Fontane View Post
    Do you enjoy doing tower wars without seeing defenders? Cause if you do, that's not even close to the concept of "war" or "PvP".
    All sides swap bases because nobody likes the random group of nolifers waking up at 4 in the morning to kill tower sites without anyone to defend.
    If you do that, you don't deserve towers in the first place.
    You do realize its not "4 in the morning" for everyone at the same time, right? You do understand this is a global game, right?

For me, you and your kind are the "no lifers" waking up at "my" 4 in the morning to move site timers so that people in my time zone can't attack them.
    Utopia
    The continued search for an ideal community possessing a perfect socio-politico-legal system.

“ The first thing a child should learn is how to endure. It is what he will have most need to know. ” — Jean-Jacques Rousseau

Quote Originally Posted by Marinegent View Post
    we pay out the butt. we deserve a few lines of text telling us how things are going on a regular basis. I'm likely not renewing next cycle despite having had a refreshing experience and high hopes for the games future with the server merge unless Joel gets his act together and at least convinces us that funcom cares at all about AO (even if it isnt true). If their newest shining star doesn't care about the game, likely the company doesn't either and everything we're seeing here may as well remain vaporware.
    You are getting a few lines of text telling you how it's going, it's just not by the overseer of all three projects this very month because of his other obligations, I was answering the people that were raging at Joel because he wrote some monthly update for TSW and AoC but not AO.

If you are gonna state that AO is funcom's most profitable game, I really hope you are gonna show to some actual facts other than: "We are paying alot"

"You will start out having snuck on to a cargo shuttle from the morning star space station with nothing but some basic equipment and your mission will be to obtain the proper identification for entering ICC HQ. "

Any one storyline for new players will seem synthetic and grow old fast. The one that got all the long term players into this game didn't pretend we were any one thing. We were colonists who had to make our reputations. That was credible. A single arrival story, no matter how humble, is not credible.
    Quote Originally Posted by Gorathon View Post
    Wouldn't it be better if all the attributes were combined into one skill called "goodness?"

Quote Originally Posted by Mastablasta View Post
    Really, Sector 10 was all you liked in AO, it was all that was there? Man... some people.
    really? you write without read?

i wrote twice "for example S10", S10 is an EXAMPLE, S10 is a content ruined, deleted, useless, created and now left empty.
    how could happened to S10 will happen to other things, and as you probably happen to other contents
    stop reading the lines and focus on the context

Quote Originally Posted by Gorathon View Post
    Well, he *is* in Theater of Tragedy.
    .......and I was expecting an intelligent answer
    Account Details:
    Created 2001-06-27 13:43:25

Iron, 220/30 Bureaucrat
    Blackshadow, 220/30 Agent
    Misthyka, 220/25 Doc
    Lighttrader, 210/15 Trader
    Yokokurama, "Useless" 150 s10 MA (we lost s10 forever)
    Theater of Tragedy Squad Commander

omg, borealis going neutral? Ftw! I much approve. Make sure to upgrade some omni city for new changes. Rome right now does not cut it.

Place John Smith to battlestation hub please.
    Quote Originally Posted by Michizure View Post
    This'll be fixed for the next patch

Quote Originally Posted by Georgesmith View Post
    Place John Smith to battlestation hub please.
    Where would the underground betting part of the storyline be then ? I very much disapprove, even tho storyline might not be the most important part of the game, the run from Grid exit to John Smith is hardly something that validates erasing the storyline part of this exact daily.

Quote Originally Posted by Raggy View Post
    Yes it does. It always has been.
    i thought they fired waldgeist in the restructuring? now the translation is a community thing by the last 3 germans that still play this game?

Page 3 of 10 FirstFirst 12345678910 LastLast