Page 6 of 20 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314151617181920 LastLast

Thread: /pet hunt command has been disabled, WHY?

Quote Originally Posted by Juggernat View Post
    Take a week off and level a froob engi solo via rk missions, No daily's and you will soon see.
    Amen.

Quote Originally Posted by lindelu View Post
    What would you call a /pet hunt mode that only hunts 1 mob?
    You can still hunt one of something.
    Because Race Yalm

I'm sorry for hijacking this thread, I need to learn proper forums manner.

/pet hunt will be disabled because it is a feature that can be misused, and even more so together with permanent pets, because it enables unattended play which is something that our EULA does not allow - so it has to go. I personally look forward to see pets not time out, and I hope to see more improvements and more pets in the future.
    niggardly

after 10 years noticed ???

Quote Originally Posted by Gridpain View Post
    Thank you for explaining why this had to go !

So, I guess we will see in the next patch notes :

* removed pocketing
    * removed hecks/borgs/whatever kitability

as those are unattended gameplay quite worse than /pet hunt....
    †††

jesus froobs are a whiny and entitled lot

Nice to see Lindelus' first Honest To Maker FC Knee-Jerk Reaction® to such a tiny problem. Yay, way to go, you've got some Great shoes to fill with little gems such as this.

Don't forget you need 4 in a team & be in the city to get an AI General!

Never know when you're going to be needing to remember little details like that 'eh.

Ps, how about actually fixing supposed problems properly without removing features some of us have used (admittadely not often, but enough to be useful) for years & years without much issue.
    One profession to RoO them all, one profession to proc stun them, one profession to calm them all and in the darkness Exp perk them!

Crataiken 220/30/70 General - Primal Evolution - 3rd AI 30 'Crat on RK 1 Setup
    Calms 220/30/70 General - Primal Evolution
    Medicaiken 220/30/70 General - Primal Evolution Setup
    Newen 220/30/70 President - The Galactic Milieu
    Mettagirl 220/20/** General - Primal Evolution
    Krataiken 150/18/40 General - Primal Evolution Setup

Quote Originally Posted by Aiken View Post
    Nice to see Lindelus' first Honest To Maker FC Knee-Jerk Reaction® to such a tiny problem. Yay, way to go, you've got some Great shoes to fill with little gems such as this.

Don't forget you need 4 in a team & be in the city to get an AI General!

Never know when you're going to be needing to remember little details like that 'eh.

Ps, how about actually fixing supposed problems properly without removing features some of us have used (admittadely not often, but enough to be useful) for years & years without much issue.
    i honestly don't particularly care about this getting removed as i can count on one hand the number of times i've used /pet hunt.

HOWEVER, i find i baffling that they're working on fixing THIS over several other MASSIVELY glaring issues that are still in the wild

Quote Originally Posted by Lazy View Post
    i honestly don't particularly care about this getting removed as i can count on one hand the number of times i've used /pet hunt.

HOWEVER, i find i baffling that they're working on fixing THIS over several other MASSIVELY glaring issues that are still in the wild
    same ...

FC priorities atm are surprising ... like adjusting the melee range of noobisland 1HE...
    // Break time //

/\/\ Newcomers Alliance General and LMAA co-founder /\/\
    Froob for 3 years :
    Gridpain, Nfurter, Slayie, Forcedevente, Asafart, Theshrike, Whipingwillow, Malaucrane, Karmapolice.

Sloob since 2009 :
    Coredumped,Needleworkr,Weepinwilljr,Gridpainjr,Bet amale,Lackwit,Dusttodust, Ouvreboite,Boohoohoo,Asafurt,Whatsthat,Aziraphale
    220, 220, 200, 164, 150, 116, 110, 82, 70, 57, 40, 21 ...

i use pet hunt every day to farm outdoor mobs for soulfragments and other tradeskill stuff

i call it harassment when i must push tab and /pet attack for every mob in area

l2p, sploiter.

???

Quote Originally Posted by lazy View Post
    l2p, sploiter.
    what he said?

Quote Originally Posted by Togusa View Post
    what he said?
    you used /pet hunt
    FC said it was breach to EULA
    hence, you are a sploiter !
    // Break time //

Froob for 3 years :
    Gridpain, Nfurter, Slayie, Forcedevente, Asafart, Theshrike, Whipingwillow, Malaucrane, Karmapolice.

Sloob since 2009 :
    Coredumped,Needleworkr,Weepinwilljr,Gridpainjr,Bet amale,Lackwit,Dusttodust, Ouvreboite,Boohoohoo,Asafurt,Whatsthat,Aziraphale

sploiters ruining the game for the rest of us.

OHH so Funcom have to BANN ALL
    Bureaucrat
    Engineer
    Meta-physicist

no. because normal people (thsoe that aren't sploiters) don't use /pet hunt.

Quote Originally Posted by Togusa View Post
    OHH so Funcom have to BANN ALL
    Bureaucrat
    Engineer
    Meta-physicist
    and traders too.
    // Break time //

Froob for 3 years :

Sloob since 2009 :

if YOU think I let you believe

ceya

Funcom employee

It seem that most of you think that /pet hunt is not very good or reliable, but a hackish way to get the result you want:
    1) Attacking monsters that are stuck in geometry
    2) Attacking monsters that are in concealment
    3) Being able to survive solo especially at lower levels because mobs switch aggro to you instead of the pet

I understand wanting to have your pet's state stick after zoning, and I think we should be able to teach new pet owners how to use their pets in the new starting area instead of having the default mode be one that nobody cares for. I'm willing to spend time improving pets as part of the systems changes.

There are however going to be some things we disagree on, and I will keep let you know preliminary so we can iron out potential issues. I'm sorry if any of you feel that I am being a jerk regarding this, but this is the way I wish to run things.

I appreciate the suggestions rolling in so far, and even more importantly your stories on how you hunt with your pets.
    Former Game Director of Anarchy Online.

I understand wanting to have your pet's state stick after zoning
    While you are at it, could you look at pet state changing without even zoning ?

Happened to me recently :

/pet follow
    /pet attack Jamming Tower
    and when Jamming Tower died : Pets rushed the CT which was hitting them ...

So, pets switching from /follow before attacking, to /guard at the end of the attack is weird (and pretty recent... only charmed mobs used to do that before )
    // Break time //

Froob for 3 years :

Sloob since 2009 :

1 and 2 mostly. 3 is a coinflip. sometimes you survive, sometimes the pet trains you and you get rolled. /pet hunt in zones like alba (where the geometry is funky and pets can take a long way around which triggers the pets out of range thing) is usually a quick trip to garden

Page 6 of 20 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314151617181920 LastLast