Thread: Weird items dropping in Arid

Weird items dropping in Arid

Just wondering if anyone knows what these "new" items in arid that drops from the aliens are for.. I've found 3 different while doing AI-daily (retrieve ammo) and two of them can be combined according to TS-window. No idea how many different items it consists of or what end result will be... Anyone done any research on this ?
    Jihnna 220/30/80 Shade
    Underworld

They're for a different (team) daily mission. (You have to go to some NPC deep in Arid Rift that asks you to get a certain item... that you trade skill off 4 items that drop there now)
    zDD - a Damage/HEALS/Tanks/XP parser
    Quote Originally Posted by Vlain View Post
    yea...the best way to fix messed up game mechanics is by giving up item slots for new 'bug fix items'...like I said before, next we'll get the Staff of Pet Pathing and perhaps an Anti-LD Ring and how about some pants that make it so I don't get forced to autoface my opponent after casting a nano when I'm trying to run away...Combined Developer's Wear of Autoface Resistance, and maybe some new symbs with broken quest resistance, oh, and how could I forget the upgrade to the scuba gear that adds Rubberbanding Resistance...

Ah, so that's what it's for Thanks
    Jihnna 220/30/80 Shade
    Underworld

If you complete this mission you get a Algorithm: Replotting Matrix NODROP UNIQUE.

The NPC Dr. Ness syas its for a:

Transmographic Dimension Shifter
    This device will teleport you back to the unicorn staging area. Due to the extremely nasty mathematically lawbreaking algorithm, this only works inside of Arid Rift.

Anyone worked out how to make one?

Interesting. This is what everyone asked for back in the day when Arid was new.
    Eroz, finally 220/26/70 Adventurer & proud General of Regulators on ex-RK2 (outdated) equip
    Rokroland, 170 Engineer No more crab for j00 Northern Front on ex-RK2
    Ranged roxxorz!
    Sig last updated properly when West Athens still had people sitting about the subway.
    Quote Originally Posted by Siahanor View Post
    Complaining about the realism of height changing mechanics in a game that has people who can channel their anger to make huge killer meatballs.

Quote Originally Posted by Tanana View Post
    Anyone worked out how to make one?
    Push Ness for more info after you've delivered the TS-item to him, and you will get a "thingie", and you just combine that "thingie" with another one of the TS-items you just built for him.
    Delerium(220/30/70), Locklear(220/30/70), Piggybank(60/6/14).

"Is God willing to prevent evil, but not able? Then he is not omnipotent. Is he able, but not willing? Then he is malevolent. Is he both able and willing? Then whence cometh evil? Is he neither able nor willing? Then why call him God?"

Richard Dawkins: We are all atheists about most of the gods that societies have ever believed in. Some of us just go one god further.
    Deng: Every time I see Del I just start to quiver.

Thats lame, doesn't make sense that the decoy device becomes a warp beacon^^.

Even worse is the fact that I'd made one decoy device already and had to delete it because Ness gives a mission toactually build the thing.

...it is kinda nice - except it would have been more useful back when I actually played in Arid...
    Proud Member of The Roots ----- Neut 4 Ever!! ----- Oh, btw: Here's The Story of Stuff & the Most Terrifying Video You'll Ever See.
    My goons: Luzengie 220/30/70 engie ----- Luziciona 220/30/70 MA ----- Luzolja 220/30/70 Sold ----- Fixxii 220/30/70 Fix ----- Nerfentehs 200/29/62 NT ----- Luztrox 200/30/68 Doc ----- Luzargh 199/22 Shade ----- Keepluzia 174/24 Keep ----- Luzidoxa 150/20 Doc ----- Luzee 150/10 Shade ----- Bancorotta 150/20 MA ----- Luzillian & Luzimeta 60/6 MPs ----- Luzibank 45/5 Enfo ----- Luztrader 32/3 Trader