Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Itemsbot - Relaunch!

Thank you for reporting the error. It is fixed now.
    The error was I for some reason had used the wrong variable name when adding extra sanity checking this weekend. Doh.
    ::: My Tools & Stuff :::
    ::: Cratine Savagedheals Enfine Zoewrangle Demoder :: Solitron Demotionform :: IRC Demoder Savagedlight :::
    ::: AOItems :: Blog :: CIDB :: HelpBot :: ItemsBot :: PlanetMap Viewer :: Tower Wars :: Twitter :::

Thanks again, works as advertised now!
    ಠ_ಠ

Added new syntax for excluding items which match specific words. Example: !items kyr pistol -energy -machine

Results are now sorted by relevancy. If you search for "kyr pistol", Kyr'Ozch Pistol will be shown first,then the energy and machine pistols.
    ::: Cratine Savagedheals Enfine Zoewrangle Demoder :: Solitron Demotionform :: IRC Demoder Savagedlight :::
    ::: AOItems :: Blog :: CIDB :: HelpBot :: ItemsBot :: PlanetMap Viewer :: Tower Wars :: Twitter :::

I've had to fix a bug which made Itemsbot go unresponsive after a certain amount of command executions.

This fix had to get live ASAP, and as I didn't want to deal with maintaining several branches of Bot#, ItemsBot now has a new feature which was not intended to hit live just yet.

ItemsBot now has some "where is this item buyable from" information. I'm still in the process of refining this information into a more useful format, but it's there in your item search queries now.

Enjoy!
    Last edited by Demoder; Oct 24th, 2011 at 18:54:00.

Shame on you! Stealthy putting in awesome new features.
    *shakes head*
    Formerly Vhab.
    Once upon a time ruled a server. And then sold out. Sorry.

Updated CIDB to patch 18.5.0.

Is the CIDB used by Budabot?
    Twitch Channel - Youtube Channel - Twitter - Facebook - Pinterest
    AO Universe - By Players, For Players! The #1 AO Fansite Worldwide - Site Founder (Retired). | AOSpeak - Unofficial AO Teamspeak 3 Server - Founder (Retired). | AO Recipebook - In-Game Recipe/Tradeskill Bot - Founder (Retired).
    Founding member of the Council of Truth Clerical Staff.
    Keep in mind: My posts are my own personal views and thoughts.

Quote Originally Posted by Windguaerd View Post
    Is the CIDB used by Budabot?
    Last I checked, Budabot used a local database and not the CIDB. I don't know if this has changed. If you really want to find out, you might want to ask the Budabot developers as they'd know for sure.

Quote Originally Posted by Demoder View Post
    Last I checked, Budabot used a local database and not the CIDB. I don't know if this has changed. If you really want to find out, you might want to ask the Budabot developers as they'd know for sure.
    Thank you very much for your response.
    Twitch Channel - Youtube Channel - Twitter - Facebook - Pinterest
    AO Universe - By Players, For Players! The #1 AO Fansite Worldwide - Site Founder (Retired). | AOSpeak - Unofficial AO Teamspeak 3 Server - Founder (Retired). | AO Recipebook - In-Game Recipe/Tradeskill Bot - Founder (Retired).
    Founding member of the Council of Truth Clerical Staff.
    Keep in mind: My posts are my own personal views and thoughts.

CIDB updated to patch 18.5.1
    Icons updated to patch 18.5.1 for Vha.Chat and other 3rd party tools & websites using the AODevs icon repository

Up until now, I've been using a modified version of Xyphos' RDB parser (XRDB4) for extracting item info for the Central Items DataBase (CIDB), using a custom plugin to do the magic which is necessary to generate desirable output.

I've also been working sporadically on making my own RDB parser ([De]moder's [R]DB [P]arser - or DeRP for short ) over the past couple of months. After noticing Xyphos' tool is (temporarily?) out of commission (see news entry of 21st July 2012 at http://xyphos.com/), I've put in extra effort the past week to get DeRP functional enough to generate data for the CIDB.
    Since the DeRP API is vastly different to that of the XRDB4 API, I've had to rethink most of the algorithm used to do the magic that is association item IDs to make usable item links in game. While doing this, I tested every part of the algorithm, step by step - for countless hours.

The result of this work is that the item search results are now much, much more reliable - especially for perks and various odd items, such as tutoring devices. There's more than 1000 corrected items. The CIDB will remain up to date in the foreseeable future. Although DeRP is currently closed source & unreleased, rest assured that DeRP will be released, and its source will be made available under the GPL once the API is finalized.

This update benefits users of Itemsbot, VhaBot, BeBot, and some other private bots.

If you find any oddly behaving items when querying the CIDB, please let me know and I'll try to get it fixed. Thank you.

PS: I forgot to mention the most important part.. I re-exported 18.5.1 using DeRP today, so all the aforementioned benefits are already in. Enjoy
    Last edited by Demoder; Jul 26th, 2012 at 23:41:48.

CIDB and Itemsbot updated to patch 18.5.2

Edit:
    Modified Records: 546
    New Records: 108
    Last edited by Demoder; Oct 3rd, 2012 at 19:07:13.

CIDB and Itemsbot updated to patch 18.6.0

Itemsbot was down for a couple of hours after a connection issue this evening. The problem have been tracked down and fixed.

Itemsbot now also display nano programs in search results. example

CIDB, Itemsbot and icons for vha.chat and other programs/websites using static.aodevs.com have been updated to 18.6.2.

CIDB was updated to patch 18.6.6 on 11th July.

Testlive CIDB is now updated to patch 18.6.7.1, and Itemsbot is back on Testlive after going AWOL since merge.

Changes in patch 18.6.7.1 (compared to 18.6.6):
    - New item: Advanced Personal Grid Converter. (Lets you enter grid via other orgs control towers for a modest fee)
    - Modified item: Wall Hacks! (Seems to be doing significantly more damage than before)
    - New RDB format, capable of storing more than 4GB data.

Funcom employee

Quote Originally Posted by Demoder View Post
    - New RDB format, capable of storing more than 4GB data.
    that was fast
    My posts are my own and do not reflect the views of my current nor former employers/clients

Remco "Vhab" van Oosterhout
    Former Anarchy Online Game Programmer

Live Chat Support | E-mail Support | Forum Rules | AODevs | Vha.Chat

CIDB updated to patch 18.6.11. Sorry for the delay!

Budabot users: You can now use the CIDB!

I've made some changes to the Budabot items module which lets you optionally use the CIDB. I've submitted a patch (technically, a pull request) to the Budabot developpers, hoping it'll be included in the mainline Budabot releases soon.

Until then, you may manually apply the changes:
    1: Go to <budabot directory>\modules\ITEMS_MODULE
    2: Rename ItemsController.class.php to ItemsController.class.php.backup
    3: Download the updated ItemsController.class.php (3.1-RC1) (3.0-GA) and place it in that folder
    4: restart your bot
    5: /tell botname settings save items_database central

You may also use the normal configuration interface to choose which database to use.

The patch has been tested with 3.0-GA and 3.1-RC1. Please let me know if you encounter any issues!

Edit: Added updated file for 3.0-GA.
    Last edited by Demoder; Jan 1st, 2014 at 19:46:42.

[Itemsbot]: Sorry, the CIDB is having some problems at the moment. Please try again later.

This has been the message for days now. Any word on a fix or an alternative bot?

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast