Page 6 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789 LastLast

Thread: Friday with Means - September 10th, 2010 - How many people are coming here???!?!

Quote Originally Posted by Ganiscol View Post
    ... just because you want to switch dims?
    Many posters have already "switched to dims" .. Oh, you don't mean the lights in their head ...

I think the message is on the wall ... AO is either 2 servers with the current dev team, one server with a maintenance skeleton crew or ... no servers.
    Awwww muffin, need a tissue?

Quote Originally Posted by quitter456 View Post
    Which reminds me. Does anyone have any examples of a ten year old game...
    Edited for a smidgeon of perspective.
    Quote Originally Posted by Gorathon View Post
    Wouldn't it be better if all the attributes were combined into one skill called "goodness?"

Quote Originally Posted by quitter456 View Post
    How is merging the servers to make up for lack of population putting them between a rock and a hard place?
    Well, remember all the hassles they had to go through with merging DNW players over to RK1 and RK2? They had to deal with character naming issues, account changes, and they had to build a whole new zone for all the German players to have cities. If they merged RK1 and RK2, they would basically have to deal with all the DNW issues again... times 10!

I just don't think the devs are in the mood to deal with all of that so soon after the DNW merge.
    Amosco -- Brokest Trader on RK2
    Coope -- His bot is his best friend

Originally posted by Dark Kensai
    Promising the stars and then hitting the customer with a bat so that they see stars is not the same thing.

Originally Posted by sobeguy
    If you really want this chair, why not just get a phalloplasty and address your real concern?

Become a Lifer

Quote Originally Posted by omegahealer View Post
    damn klod, you made me spill water through my nose... water with bubbles!!!
    Why are you drinking soap water? Cleaning your mouth out with soap?

Potty mouth.

Quote Originally Posted by Amosco View Post
    Still totally waiting for that engine video we were promised over SIX months ago.
    In before the screams about how it wasn't "promised"...
    Autohead 220/30/70 Solitus Soldier - Synergy Factor
    Auron 220/25 Keeper ::: Shadowslave 220/23 Shade ::: Radius 211/21 Nano-Technician
    Sunza 207/21 Martial Artist ::: Voss 182/15 Engineer ::: Shadowhead 150/16 Agent

I've been having problems merging my accounts. I know I'm getting the usernames right (copy and pasted from login) and I know the passwords are right.

Hm, I think I just did a bad thing. This could get interesting...
    Last edited by Razishlyat; Sep 11th, 2010 at 06:17:40.
    Aleksei "Zagadka" Garcia - Savior, Council Clerk
    Cindi "Razishlyat" Bolieu - Advisor Eternalist

Quote Originally Posted by -Klod- View Post
    I bet I will get married (IRL) sooner then the new game engine gets released.
    is that type of marriage legal in your country? or will they also have to pass a law or two as well?

I have a few questions:

Firstly, can I merge two frozen accounts? (currently on hold until the new engine)

And if I should merge them, will expansions be available on both (I have a different set of each)? Does it only connect the service points and veteran points of the two accounts?

Funcom employee

Quote Originally Posted by Razishlyat View Post
    I've been having problems merging my accounts. I know I'm getting the usernames right (copy and pasted from login) and I know the passwords are right.
    Are you using the right username and password? You should use the u+p for the billing site rather than the game one.

Quote Originally Posted by Revane View Post
    can I merge two frozen accounts?
    Yes you can

Quote Originally Posted by Revane View Post
    Will expansions be available on both (I have a different set of each)? Does it only connect the service points and veteran points of the two accounts?
    The game accounts stay the same as they were, with the exception of veteran points. So if you merge a shadowlands+alieninvasion account with an account that has all expansions, it still has shadowlands+alien invasion only.

Veteran points are increased on all accounts to match the highest number of vet points on any of your accounts. This only happens when you merge, they don't stay in sync after that.

Any remaining website service points are transferred over from your old account, ingame service points do not change.
    A Genuine Lucien - Accept No Substitutes

Can you transfer a character from a frozen account to an active account?
    Leave "Marinegent" AScar - 220/23/65 Atrox Agent
    Wakeup "Marinesold" Screaming - 220/30/70 Nanomage Soldier
    "Moonmarin" - 220/30/80 Solitus Martial Artist
    "Marinekeep" - 215/18/4x Atrox Keeper
    Quote Originally Posted by CuisinartBlade View Post
    to be fair, 2.8k ar is enough to perk anyone except fixers, mas, advs, shades, nt's that blinded you, shield mps, bow mps that landed dazzle, def docs, crats, or marinesold

so all in all it's a fairly viable setup

Quote Originally Posted by Ganiscol View Post
    In that case, we can expect the clear text password and login that is handled by client.exe and readily visible not only to the user in taskmanager but also to any other software running on that computer, to be encrypted as soon as possible? My hat goes off to the code wizards at funcom!
    You know there are fixes for that.. kinda...

Imagine this magical unicorn is your anarchy online account..
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=L70I0...layer_embedded
    Rktim - 220/70/30 Omni Soldier.
    Imdrunknow - 157+/XX/15+ Omni MA
    Quote Originally Posted by IHaveHugeNick View Post
    Messiah has spoken.

edit: Iriche hijacked my laptop
    Last edited by Vhaxx; Sep 11th, 2010 at 11:26:48.
    Formerly Vhab.
    Once upon a time ruled a server. And then sold out. Sorry.

gah, still no wompa to oslow in my town :/

will we get some vid from the dubliner too ? ... you know :P..

the community requested account merge is a very great step ahead and we all could only thank you for it, thats great !
    Lets hope it works as intended and you dont have to deal with too many bugs.

Would it be possible to give us any info about the new alien playfield? Haven't heard anything about that in the last few friday's with Means. It's not necessary to give a accurate release date, but it would be nice to know, if it is more likely to see it this year ingame or next year (or right after the release of Duke Nukem Forever :P ).
    I don't mind if it takes its time, a working playfield is more important than having a buggy one ingame, but any infos would be nice.

I'm guessing it won't be possible to stop paying for one of the 2 accounts once they are merged? I mean, will they merge to the same payment plan too once you link them?
    Don "Esteleon" 220/22 Atrox Adventurer (E)
    Walking "Metatroxy" Mochams 220/15 Atrox Meta-Physicist
    "Quintrell" 220/21 Atrox Soldier (E)
    "Johnesy" 220/18 Solitus Doctor (E)
    Bubble "Protonia" Girl 170/6 Nanomage Nano-Technician

Quote Originally Posted by Lucien View Post
    Veteran points are increased on all accounts to match the highest number of vet points on any of your accounts..
    No, doesn't work that way. I merged three accounts. The main account had 15 vet points. The second account, a newer account with zero vet points got 15, the older account with 3 points now has 10 points. (Since the account only had three, none of my toons could have spent 5, so not likely that a purchase reduced that total)

So, still some flaws in the system, basically gained 7 of 12 possible points.

However the paid points seems to be working fine, the final account has roughly the correct number of paid points.

Quote Originally Posted by Autohead View Post
    Not at all, Means said so in a Q&A himself a few months ago it would be done "this year." I'm just reminding them how much time they have left.
    Calendar year or maybe fiscal year or perhaps even tax year? Then again maybe the year timer started after the interview ended?
    Copperneedle 207 doc Ex-president Whisper's Edge
    -others on RK1 CLAN!-

New Perma-Resident to Test Live

Binarybits 220/26/70 President of :
    Loyal order of the Guinea pig

Maybe it is in Galapagos tortoise years?
    I think a Galapagos tortoise year is equal to 3 human years.
    Maybe™ is the new Soon™.
    Quote Originally Posted by Means View Post
    At heart I am a vindictive, heartless, ruthless bastard and behaving in any other way is an effort for me.™
    Quote Originally Posted by Means View Post
    Our goal is to have a closed Beta running this year.™

Quote Originally Posted by GCBacon View Post
    I already had primary/secondary accounts linked, will I get my vet points on the newer account now? Yes they share Paid Points atm.
    Bump for this, I appear to have this as well.
    220/30 Ranged Advy, Neut 'n proud of it. Moxet
    220/25 NT Moxilla
    220/29 Moxdacrat
    150/14 Doc
    200/18 MP
    various other bits n bobs

Im trying to move a character and all it has said is pending for 4 hours

Page 6 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789 LastLast