Page 19 of 19 FirstFirst 12345678910111213141516171819

Thread: Friday with Means - July 17th, 2009 - Questions?

Means is online now, I bet he's getting ready to post today's FWM.
    Autohead 220/30/70 Solitus Soldier - Synergy Factor
    Auron 220/25 Keeper ::: Shadowslave 220/23 Shade ::: Radius 211/21 Nano-Technician
    Sunza 207/21 Martial Artist ::: Voss 182/15 Engineer ::: Shadowhead 150/16 Agent

Quote Originally Posted by Autohead View Post
    Means is online now, I bet he's getting ready to post today's FWM.
    I'm a luddite... How do you know Means is online?
    Amosco -- Brokest Trader on RK2
    Coope -- His bot is his best friend

Originally posted by Dark Kensai
    Promising the stars and then hitting the customer with a bat so that they see stars is not the same thing.

Originally Posted by sobeguy
    If you really want this chair, why not just get a phalloplasty and address your real concern?

Become a Lifer

Quote Originally Posted by Amosco View Post
    I'm a luddite... How do you know Means is online?
    The icon under your avatar. Shows offline/online status.
    Autohead 220/30/70 Solitus Soldier - Synergy Factor
    Auron 220/25 Keeper ::: Shadowslave 220/23 Shade ::: Radius 211/21 Nano-Technician
    Sunza 207/21 Martial Artist ::: Voss 182/15 Engineer ::: Shadowhead 150/16 Agent

Funcom employee Really?

Quote Originally Posted by Autohead View Post
    The icon under your avatar. Shows offline/online status.
    Amazing...I never knew that. That's another something new for today to go with:

1. Norwegian Air - refuses to take responsibility for the safety of any stroller they place aboard their aircrafts unless it is in a case (400 dollars) that they have approved. Any damage, even caused by brutal negligence of the baggage handlers, is not their problem. Interesting.

2. Eye infections in 1 year-old children are treated by administering eye drops every 2 hours for a period of days. This becomes more dificult with each dosing. I am now "level 7".
    Colin Cragg
    This "Means" Cake
    Past Game Director (2008-2011)

Funcom employee

Quote Originally Posted by Saetos View Post
    Yo Means:

Thanks for the answers But something I believe is on a lot of people's minds is more information on the heal nerfs.

Are you halving (or somehow affecting) the amount that heals in PVP? Are you changing the recharge duration? Why I'm asking is that lately, in the flurry of fixing TL7 PVP you seem to have forgotten the effects these kinds of blanket nerfs have on other title levels of PVP - if you need more evidence to this check out my TL2 BS thread in Game Mechanics. Of special importance is the effect on TL5 PVP, a very, very popular title level to PVP in that will see a lot more residual effect to any nerfs placed here than any other title level below 7.

What I think needs to happen is an adjustment to NanoDelta and other methods of getting what amounts to near infinite nano. This, not the amount that BI heals, is what is making TL7 Doctors powerful defensively.

Thanks
    When there are better details of the changes are available they will be discussed. There will not be a % based pvp healing nerf accross all level ranges.
    Colin Cragg
    This "Means" Cake

Funcom employee

Quote Originally Posted by Berinda View Post
    With the switch to the Dreamworld engine, will AO see customizable character creation like in AoC?
    No. That would be an enormous change to all the character models and beyond the scope of the engine change.
    Colin Cragg
    This "Means" Cake

Funcom employee

Quote Originally Posted by nanoforcer View Post
    I have a quick one, backstab, could that also get a timer added to it? (so i can see the recharge from the hotbars)
    I'd like to hope that all actions at some point will have consistant timers and can all be viewed on the hotbar.
    Colin Cragg
    This "Means" Cake

Funcom employee

Quote Originally Posted by Cupboardy View Post
    Hi there, Means!

I've come across people ingame that won't bother with any AI-related business at all, except for gaining a few AI-levels in LE. Is there any way to present and "open up" AI a bit more to some players planned?

Another question I'd like to ask:
    I'd really love to see a new breed and profession. Now I know this can be very timeconsuming indeed, but as of today we have RK-based and SL-based professions. Would it be plausible to to suggest an Alien-profession and breed? If not, how about just a breed? I don't have any specific thoughts about their abilities and such yet, but I reckon they'd have a few perks in "the world of aliens". Would it be possible at all?

Oh, and just for the record: I love aliens.

Another thing: Spaceships, how about that?
    A new breed or profession would unfortunately be too much for us to add anytime in the near future.
    Colin Cragg
    This "Means" Cake

Funcom employee

Quote Originally Posted by Unkerror View Post
    trying to give yourself job security until september at least?
    Yes.
    Colin Cragg
    This "Means" Cake

Page 19 of 19 FirstFirst 12345678910111213141516171819