Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Friday with Means - November 5th, 2010 - Details are always interesting

Sexyhundred and sexty sexth!

I have seen trees and rocks floating, Im glad they are not alone.

Cyas next week.
    Gustatus similis pullus.

I strongly feel that anyone offering to help out model 100 trees, are without a shadow of a doubt a dendrophile.
    Darkempire 220/30/70 Agent
    {edited by Anarrina: see me if you have questions}
    When specifically asked for positive words, responding with a personal attack is incredibly rude and inappropriate. Please do not repeat such behavior.
    Quote Originally Posted by nums214 View Post
    If my wife never got preggo omni wouldn't have lost their fields. 2009 is pretty much when I quit.

What happened to SpeedTree?
    Because Race Yalm

Quote Originally Posted by Quitter423 View Post
    What happened to SpeedTree?
    It was scrapped didnt work right with the engine, that was announced a while back.
    "A whole new place to run around for ages in then die suddenly without warning."

"I know who coded pet pathing... and when I see him I say "/follow" and I start waling in to walls :P"

The "Trolls" option is incorrect. The term trolls is not used to describe the gathering of information on the Internet.

<@Kintaii> L2P

Why aren't you guys using Speedtree with the new engine like AoC does?

Item Store

* First version of the Anarchy Online Item Store and preparation for the in-game browser added to the GUI.

Linky again

Sup?
    Gaveup 220/30/80 Smg

Quote Originally Posted by Wurble View Post
    Why aren't you guys using Speedtree with the new engine like AoC does?
    This is Anarchy Online.....we don't get new engines...

Quote Originally Posted by Gaveup View Post
    Sup?
    .... Is looking 1 line down in the community corner that hard?!
    "A whole new place to run around for ages in then die suddenly without warning."

"I know who coded pet pathing... and when I see him I say "/follow" and I start waling in to walls :P"

The "Trolls" option is incorrect. The term trolls is not used to describe the gathering of information on the Internet.

<@Kintaii> L2P

Quote Originally Posted by MstrBstrd View Post
    Zonax: fortunetly i dont have to touch that stuff. its all Flaptoot. muahaha.
    Muahahahaaa!!!

If you want to know what floats, just as David Letterman.
    Awwww muffin, need a tissue?

Quote Originally Posted by Obtena View Post
    If you want to know what floats, just as David Letterman.
    David Letterman floats? J/K, but I wouldn't be surprised.
    Ctrlaltwin. Man. Legend.

Quote Originally Posted by tharss View Post
    David Letterman floats? J/K, but I wouldn't be surprised.
    Then he's clearly a witch, so we should burn him!

Some of the redesigned stuff (rocks, trees, whatever) as far as I know are as a result of some findings in searching for geometry issues. In some cases there were funny things like this type or rock, plant or whatever standing on one tiny point or floating above the ground a bit. So they're making new ones or adjusting old ones to deal with that.

Quote Originally Posted by Alternity View Post
    I strongly feel that anyone offering to help out model 100 trees, are without a shadow of a doubt a dendrophile.
    They could be spree-dendrophages trying to stave off the urge.
    Last edited by Notcrattey; Today at 05:51:45. Reason: Didn't actually edit it, was a mistake!

Short, fluffy FwM - but why not include all the interesting stuff that landed on Testlive Friday? Lots of significant stuff, plus the Items store (discussed in another thread).
    Dagget
    President,
    Venice Academy

Ok, so we will see screenshots of Bodies for next year? And the Feet the year after?
    Okay then the engine will be ready 2013 I guess...

*scnr*
    regards
    Happy employee of the Omni Tek corporation.
    I am destruction. I am creation. I am Engineer.
    Free Tradeskill Services on RK1. Includes AI Armor.

AOMover | AwesOme Script
    Open Source Licenses, enjoy your freedom

im betting the video will be ready by 2013.

new engine will likely be referred to as "funcom's 20/20 vision" by then.
    wtf happened to my avatars eyebrows?

I used to listen to Dubstep in the 90's... every time I connected to the internet.

Quote Originally Posted by Jerusha View Post
    Ok, so we will see screenshots of Bodies for next year? And the Feet the year after?
    Okay then the engine will be ready 2013 I guess...

*scnr*
    regards
    I doubt it, there's only a few bodies they have to make, especially since those of Nanomages and Solituses are the same (according to some dev I talked to some years ago). It makes sense since it's completely impossible to tell the two apart without targeting and pressing T if both are wearing the same armor and whatnot. Only thing they'll have to do is different textures for the two!
    GO WITH MANY BLELBINEMS

GUESS WHO (IT STARTS WITH "SWORD" AND ENDS WITH "BREAKER")

LOL

i like how we get to pick and choose features that new games are trying and include them - when will we be able to buy things right at GMS...

Quote Originally Posted by madman666 View Post
    i like how we get to pick and choose features that new games are trying and include them - when will we be able to buy things right at GMS...
    This is only year 29484... what you're asking is waaaaaay into the future!!!! Probably past the year 30000
    Kintaii: Genele is more hardcore than you, your guildmates, and anyone else you've ever played with...

My pvp stats: Duel wins: 945 / losses: 368 - Solo kills: 5632 / team: 7511

My org mate: Solo kills: 24 933 / Team: 683

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast