Page 1 of 24 1234567891011121314151617181920 ... LastLast

Thread: *Official* Daily Mission Bug reports

*Official* Daily Mission Bug reports

Hello everyone, to help the Bug Hunters and the Funcom team, would you please put in here the ones that are buggy or arnt acting correctly? (Just bugs no flaming,No ranting)

Try to include as much information as possible, such as Shift F9, (Do not include the Character ID) what you were doing, what you had open IE: "I had Skills window open, and Programs(Ctrl 8)"
    Last edited by Krattonomic; Dec 2nd, 2010 at 12:23:17. Reason: adding additional information
    Daily Missions Bug Thread(Closed)

Aliantin - 206 Bureaucrat Retired Squad Commander of DeltaSquad
    Jetfix - 107 Fixer Retired DeltaSquad
    Aliannt - 145 Nano-Technician Retired

Mission to help an Omni Defector join clan near ICC.

Mission map did not load properly. Map showed a three pronged building (going down), which should have had a door at the middle prong. All three prongs ended up being doors, so I exited several times by mistake thinking I was entering a room. After reentering, the rooms corrected eventually.

Two different times, the defector started attacking ME for no reason. I had to run from the room to reset their agro.

If you accidentally exit after speaking to defector, you need to fly back to Bor and get a new Clan app as they are unique, you can't bring an extra.

There is a bug with Criminal Hideout mission

When you kill criminal you get message like You have to kill 3 more Terra Silvestrini to fulfill one of your missions! instead of You have to kill 3 more <criminals or something like that> to fulfill one of your missions!

PS: pet pathing there is horrid :/
    Vetus
    Mikrometa

My neutral enforcer did a mission for omni-tek onboard an alien ship, using the teleporter in the back room. But when I completed the mission, and teleported back, I ended up in the clan version of the building instead.

If you try to exit the Daily Mission place in Rome when just logged in, you end up swimming in between walls. Tried it with 2 different toons.

Quote Originally Posted by Ocene View Post
    If you try to exit the Daily Mission place in Rome when just logged in, you end up swimming in between walls. Tried it with 2 different toons.
    Profession,Breed,were you walking or running, all the windows you had open?

The whole Rome Agency building is a geometrical bug storm. I've fallen inbetween the side room with the Junior agent and the main lobby a few times, stuck in the walls and lot of the area is "lacking" so you're swimming in god knows what.

Try to exit too quickly while jumping and see for yourself.
    Ruffixx, 220/30/66 Omni Opifex Fixer
    Pugilius, 206/30/49 Omni Opifex MA
    Blessedbrawl, 200/0 Omni Froob Opifex MA
    Medor, 199/23/42 Neutral Solitus Doctor
    Vindicius, 189/20/46 Omni Atrox Enforcer
    Evilrilius, 100/10 Omni Nano MP - Foremans Killing Machine

Proud General of Obsidian Order

I'm not sure if that's a bug but anyways..

The mission was "One Green Hill" in The Longest Road. Unlike all other missions I had so far, there was no <M> marker to the location, nor there was an option to "Upload Mission to Map".

Enigma Dog mission.

If the social tab is enabled, you then try to charm the Enigma Dog you will get a Hostile nano uploaded into your ncu. thus making it so you do not have control of the dog and have to wait 30 mins till the hostile nano runs its course. you get no Warning about having the social tab checked. putting you in a endless loop thus leaving you without a way to complete it till you figure out you had the social tab checked.
    Last edited by Snakeyes; May 11th, 2010 at 03:34:33.
    Apprentice Snakeyees..220/25/70 Fixer
    Twinke..........................220/12 MP
    Patchadams.................220/61/19 Doctor
    Sparkanator...............220/19 Neutral Engineer
    Katariina......................220/17 Crat
    Malagant......................208/12 Keeper
    wouldabeen.................174/11 NT
    *~ In loving memory of Beardedone; a good friend that will forever be remembered~* You feel the core of your being shake as BEARDEDONE has reached enlightenment!! Take care old friend.

"We sleep soundly in our beds because rough men stand ready in the night to visit violence on those who would do us harm."
    -Gaute Godager-"There will be no camping in the Shadowlands" LOL OK!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Krattonomic View Post
    Profession,Breed,were you walking or running, all the windows you had open?
    A trox shade, running. Probably Wear window open.
    A nanomage NT. Probably the Stats + Wear + Team windows open. Running too.

Funcom employee

Stickying this for a while. Good thread, helpful info. =)
    Brad L. McAtee / Kintaii
    Former Senior AO Designer & Jack of All Trades
    (2007 - 2012)
    ~~ Twitter :: Facebook :: Norse Noir ~~

not completly sure, but for the Plumbo leaflet distribution, you recieve a stack of 10 leaflet to give to bar handlers.

I (stupidly) splited 1 leaflet from the 9 others to give to the bar tender at the first bar, and he refused the single leaflet, as he refused the stack of 9 ... (and you can not remerge the leaflets...)
    // Break time //

/\/\ Newcomers Alliance General and LMAA co-founder /\/\
    Froob for 3 years :
    Gridpain, Nfurter, Slayie, Forcedevente, Asafart, Theshrike, Whipingwillow, Malaucrane, Karmapolice.

Sloob since 2009 :
    Coredumped,Needleworkr,Weepinwilljr,Gridpainjr,Bet amale,Lackwit,Dusttodust, Ouvreboite,Boohoohoo,Asafurt,Whatsthat,Aziraphale
    220, 220, 200, 164, 150, 116, 110, 82, 70, 57, 40, 21 ...

Can I get a clarification as to how the BS missions work? The description seems to indicate you have to actually win BS, but instead it seems all you have to do is spend about 10-20 minutes in BS, and it'll allow you to win the mission regardless of the score (I got a mission ding on my 150 Omni Soldier when the score was 428 to 65... wtf?)
    [[ RYUAHN | 220/21 Opifex Trader
    == Proud Member of Core ==
    [[ ALASTROPHE | 220/15 Solitus Martial-Artist

Quote Originally Posted by Raggy View Post
    There is literally nothing wrong with {Shutdown Skills} in it's current incarnation. What should be being looked at is the reason why it's needed so much. E.g, the incredible amount of Alpha being thrown around and the fickleness of Evade profs.
    Quote Originally Posted by Cratertina View Post
    I walk in to BS... could not perk people... with 3704 AR and 300 AAD drain... NT facerolled me, shade instagibbed me, after a few minutes I just decided not gonna bother.

Re the Plumbo leaflet distribution. I split one leaflet off each time and each barman/woman accepted the 1 leaflet. I had to search around for the right person each time as some wouldn't accept it.

If I remember rightly, the last leaflet didn't update the map to the final bar in hope and I think there was something iffy about the mission not updating correctly, even though I got the rewards when returning to the Agency guy. Sorry I can't remember the iffy bit

A qiuick reply to some of the problems here.

The Leaflet distribution misssion: it is fine to split the stack however the 1 you split from the others still must be right clicked in order for it to be the correct item to turn in.

Enigma Dog mission:
    No idea where is whole having social idea came from... I have now completed that mission many times with my social tab on and nearly full... (On 4 diffrent toons mind you) What I can say is that IF you happen to be in a yalm it will not work. Since I know many people are quickly traveling from Hallow Island to the mission handler I suspect that yalms or other modes of transportation are being used in which case it could cause this issue.

Rome Agency building is a geometrical bug storm: This I will say is 100% true it is much more of a pain when I am on my agent as he seems to easily find cracks. If you never jump inside the building it is better but I have found many holes leaving me somehow swimming O.o

Quote Originally Posted by Gridpain View Post
    ...I (stupidly) splited 1 leaflet from the 9 others to give to the bar tender at the first bar, and he refused the single leaflet, as he refused the stack of 9 ... (and you can not remerge the leaflets...)
    you have to rightclick the leaflet-stack. works also with splitted 1-stack.
    then you get a single leaflet to give to npc.

Quote Originally Posted by Ocene View Post
    Not unique for daily missions, the same thing happens with Newland main gate. There appears to be some sort of grace period after logging in during which you can not zone.

My interpretation of events:
    1. Character hits the zoning trigger on client, which initiates zoning.
    2. Server determines that the grace period is still in effect and does not initiate zoning. The client is somehow not informed of this.
    3. Character continues running on the server, while client is still waiting for zoning to complete.
    4. 30 seconds later client times out and gives the "Area change not initiated on server" message.
    5. Any movement command will make the client try to update the character's position on server.
    6. Since the position on the server is too far away, the server data takes priority and the client is synced with that instead.
    7. The character is warped on the client to where ever it ended up. In the NLC case this is in the middle of the lake.

I've tried this with various characters, including but probably not limited to nanomage NT, nanomage doc, nanomage enfo, nanomage trader, nanomage crat, solitus NT, solitus doc. Open windows are typically stats, minimap, ncu, faction, friends, target ncu, bunch of chat windows. Sometimes also team, missions, inventory, wear, nano formulas.

Opening a backpack sometimes seems to help. Walking helps in the newland case, as the character is not able to walk too far.

Exiting a shop also exhibits the grace period behaviour, although the effect is somewhat different. Instead of ending up in the middle of nowhere, the zoning just takes an awful long time but eventually succeeds. I don't remember if it succeeds on the first try, or if there's an "area change not initiated" message and the client immediately tries again.

If you want me to try this with other characters, or find other places where it happens, let me know.

Enigma dog mission.

The enigma dogs are nowhere near the mission marker you get after talking to the trainer. I found one about 500m north of it, someone else reportedly had to go way up to the zone border before finding one.

I have not tested this myself, but it appears to be possible to complete the mission without charming an enigma dog by killing the balls yourself.

Clan leaflet distribution mission won't upload waypoint to last bar.
    AO PvP: "Scissors are over powered. Rock is fine." - Paper

Quote Originally Posted by Saetos View Post
    Can I get a clarification as to how the BS missions work? The description seems to indicate you have to actually win BS, but instead it seems all you have to do is spend about 10-20 minutes in BS, and it'll allow you to win the mission regardless of the score (I got a mission ding on my 150 Omni Soldier when the score was 428 to 65... wtf?)
    I am not quite sure how this one works.... the vp missions are rather new to me as well u know we dont do pvp over there, me and suicidal did one and she completed that mission i'd hope that funcom could give us a little hint on this one

Page 1 of 24 1234567891011121314151617181920 ... LastLast