Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: 18.4.13.1 Reaction

Quote Originally Posted by Gorathon View Post
    I recognize that there is no basis for this, but I took that to mean that folks could pull the BS daily, the notum smugglers daily, and the tower daily, on separate lockouts. /shrug
    It pretty clearly says Battlestation mission, not PvP missions in general.
    Because Race Yalm

Quote Originally Posted by Gorathon View Post
    I recognize that there is no basis for this, but I took that to mean that folks could pull the BS daily, the notum smugglers daily, and the tower daily, on separate lockouts. /shrug
    There is a basis for it.

http://forums.anarchy-online.com/sho...6&postcount=12

Means stated that they were going to "change the pvp daily so it can be repeated up to 3 times for the applicable reward". I also took that to mean that you would be able to talk to John Smith and get all 3 dailies, once per day.

Maybe they changed their mind and decided to make it just the BS daily that is repeatable but not sure that would truly make any sense. What would make more sense is that an incorrect terminology was used to refer to the John Smith dailies. I mean tbh, they aren't exactly the PvP dailies since you can get those from the NPC on OA HIll (Clanside) and also get PvP dailies from the Agency Handler. I also don't think they are the battlestation dailies either.. but that may be the term that the writer of the patch notes uses to refer to all dailies that you get from the NPC formerly referred to by many as the "Battlestation Daily guy" prior to the addition of his other daily mission options.
    Last edited by Traderjill; Dec 4th, 2011 at 23:08:28.
    You can find me at:
    Battlenet @ Marilata#1680
    Steam @ http://steamcommunity.com/id/marilata

Quote Originally Posted by Traderjill View Post
    There is a basis for it.

http://forums.anarchy-online.com/sho...6&postcount=12

Means stated that they were going to "change the pvp daily so it can be repeated up to 3 times for the applicable reward". I also took that to mean that you would be able to talk to John Smith and get all 3 dailies, once per day.

Maybe they changed their mind and decided to make it just the BS daily that is repeatable but not sure that would truly make any sense. What would make more sense is that an incorrect terminology was used to refer to the John Smith dailies. I mean tbh, they aren't exactly the PvP dailies since you can get those from the NPC on OA HIll (Clanside) and also get PvP dailies from the Agency Handler. I also don't think they are the battlestation dailies either.. but that may be the term that the writer of the patch notes uses to refer to all dailies that you get from the NPC formerly referred to by many as the "Battlestation Daily guy" prior to the addition of his other daily mission options.
    Interstingly, that response was directed at the BS and the BS not running since the new PVP (non BS) missions were introduced. If they allow toons to do all 3 mission types daily - fine with me - but if they allow BS to be done for x3 reward, I would not be in favor of that.
    Utopia
    The continued search for an ideal community possessing a perfect socio-politico-legal system.

“ The first thing a child should learn is how to endure. It is what he will have most need to know. ” — Jean-Jacques Rousseau

Quote Originally Posted by Utopian View Post
    if they allow BS to be done for x3 reward, I would not be in favor of that.
    why not?

Quote Originally Posted by Lazy View Post
    why not?
    Because it would be another targetted fix for the BS. AO needs to rework the BS to make it more enjoyable - stop with the bandaid fixes.

I also laugh at the PVPers who complained about the PVM crowd just 4 capping, doing one round and running away,etc and now complain because it runs less often. Didnt everyone see that coming?

Folks can do the BS as much as they like - but daily xp reward shouldn't be repeated - by the same mission - x3/day. Would folks be ok with the "target towers" mission being able to be done x3/day? - i doubt it. Just my opinon.
    Utopia
    The continued search for an ideal community possessing a perfect socio-politico-legal system.

“ The first thing a child should learn is how to endure. It is what he will have most need to know. ” — Jean-Jacques Rousseau

My reaction ... where is this information from? I can't find the release notes.
    Awwww muffin, need a tissue?

Quote Originally Posted by Obtena View Post
    My reaction ... where is this information from? I can't find the release notes.
    http://forums.anarchy-online.com/sho...d.php?t=595700

Its in the Test Live forum
    You can find me at:

Funcom employee

The BS PvP Daily Mission can be repeated three times in the incoming update - The first two times it is completed it will offer only the VP reward; the third time the player will receive both VP and an XP reward.
    Brad L. McAtee / Kintaii
    Former Senior AO Designer & Jack of All Trades
    (2007 - 2012)
    ~~ Twitter :: Facebook :: Norse Noir ~~

sucks for froobs...

Quote Originally Posted by Kintaii View Post
    The BS PvP Daily Mission can be repeated three times in the incoming update - The first two times it is completed it will offer only the VP reward; the third time the player will receive both VP and an XP reward.
    well that ends the guessing... I was wrong on my conclusion then. I don't get why you get only VP the first 2 times though and the XP the last.. I"m guessing you guys have your reasons though sounds like I still won't be choosing this option since no tokens/XP until go round #3.

Unreleated: Can I get some help with my TL3 doctor that is bugged please? I've sent mail in to customer service, sent PM's to you/Means/Genele, spoken with 2 GM's, went to Test and spoke to a Bug Hunter there and no one can help me.
    You can find me at:

Quote Originally Posted by Obtena View Post
    I can't find the release notes.
    Also linked-to in the OP.
    Ghosts of Rimor
    Gorastopr 220 MA Doctor :: No pew pew. Thwack thwack.
    Goratinkr TL5 OT Hurler Factotum Engineer :: Bringin' the thunder since 2008.
    Scrubup 100 Bow Doctor :: Will she ever get out of perk reset? Stay tuned!
    Ghosts of Atlantean
    Unda TL7 MA Engineer :: Crying for more crit.
    Measles LVL1 Pistol Doctor :: It takes 2 stims to self the Expertises.

Quote Originally Posted by Le-Quack View Post
    i might be a troll

Thanks for clearing up -

Just curious - why not just increase the VPs (scaled) for every BS done then? One reason I liked the other two "pvp" missions is that I can do them on my schedule and don't have to wait for a round of BS (which many nights didn't happen for me).

Having to wait to have 3 missions done for XP doesnt' seem very good - that means three rounds have to occur - which will be difficult during many periods of the day.
    Utopia

Thank you for clearing it up for us Kintaii.

Colrain

Not really sure what this change is expected to accomplish. I might be missing something, but based on the Q&A point, I thought it was to to fix the lack of BS running due to not many people doing BS anymore for the daily.

One of the reasons why people don't do the BS daily(other than the fact that a fair proportion are PvMers like me who don't particularly care for PvP) is that no one wants to wait in BS queue for ages just for it to start, only to have it bug out most of the time. That is just for one round. Now, you want to make people repeat that process another 2 times to finally get that XP reward??

I'm not sure if FC have got their finger on the pulse of what motivates people to do this daily mission. If they're PvM'ers like me, I'm in it mainly for the xp daily reward, the VP reward is nice but secondary, hence why I don't care if someone 4-caps and just gets the round over as quick as possible. Now you're making people do it 3 times just to get the xp reward, I don't think it'll exactly encourage PvMers to help populate the BS, which is what I thought was the point of this change.

Have a question though. Are these BS dailies now on a separate timer to the non-pvp pvp missions(otherwise known as John Smith dailies)? If it is, then that makes a "bit" more sense, that you're hoping that PvMers will do the non-pvp mission AND also if they want a bit of extra xp for the day, they can then repeat the BS daily 3 times to get an extra daily reward at the end. If that's the reasoning behind it, as much as I like daily mission xp rewards, I probably still won't do the extra 3 BS dailies because its just too long and painful to get it started and then spend the next 10-15 minutes getting steamrolled by pvp twinks.

I'd rather more time be spent into fixing the queue system that results in bugged BS rounds.
    Last edited by cybertron; Dec 5th, 2011 at 12:07:21.
    RK2 - Pimpmyride 220 Engi!

If (like most people that only PvM) the BS mission is pulled only for the Exp/SK then I'll guess that with the amount of time it will take in the new situation, BS will run even less...

I'm usually against bandaid fixes, but... if BS participation is such a problem, why not give a mini XP reward for EVERY match, and double for a win? Might get more people to queue up.

I hope I won't have to run three times to Bor mission guy, otherwise it's crappy... not really a good fix to improve population on BS

and, old but still true...

make BS terminals outside again. Sucks to have it all inside in such a small room. Also, seeing twinks or people waiting for a BS outside, while running with an alt, used to bring some people to the BS
    Last edited by -LL-; Dec 5th, 2011 at 13:06:44.
    220/30 Lordlawrence
    200/2x Pampero
    Ever wondered what's like making an OP toon? 30/3 Forum
    25/3 Killergoa

So, I'm thinking that will mean the BS will run even less, but I guess its good for anyone farming VP. Hurray for illegal notum smuggling!

Quote Originally Posted by Aimzor View Post
    If (like most people that only PvM) the BS mission is pulled only for the Exp/SK then I'll guess that with the amount of time it will take in the new situation, BS will run even less...
    Depends, tbh. If ppl will make still this type of daily, the frequence of players attending BS will increase by three times. So, chance of succesfull bs will rise also by a lot.
    I like PvP
    TL6: Tereshkova 200 eng / Patrollerz 200 sol / Tankietka 200 NM enf / Pielegniarka 200 Tank Doc / Oleska 200 SOLIKeep
    TL5: Miazga 150 sol / Piknababa 150 NM Enf 2he / Gigantika 150 NM Enf / Malutki 150 Enf Trox WIP
    TL4: Ladyrazor 112 fixer (retired) / Shha 100 NT / Cycolina lvl 100 NM Enforcer
    + Tons of other chars...
    I make weird TwInkz!
    Signature updated: 29/06/2016

"Bosses will now be fought in team/solo instances."

Are these now soloable? Anyone has tested this with a S10 MA yet?

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast