Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: 18.4.13.1 Reaction

Notum Scourge in Penumbra should no longer be spawning underground ??

Wow...finally. Maybe I'll try and find and farm them
    If ye love wealth better than liberty, the tranquility of servitude better than the animating contest of freedom — go from us in peace. We ask not your counsels or your arms. Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you. May your chains set lightly upon you, and may posterity forget that you were our countrymen.

Quote Originally Posted by Kintaii View Post
    The BS PvP Daily Mission can be repeated three times in the incoming update - The first two times it is completed it will offer only the VP reward; the third time the player will receive both VP and an XP reward.
    We were talking about this in org-chat yesterday ... and you probably already thought of this, but just in case ...

Maybe toons could request all three pvp-battlestation missions at the same time and then once their battlestation starts they could stay until they get all three missions done???? IE Auto-update the missions or allow progression to the next one without leaving BS?

Instead of having to exit BS to get the 2nd and 3rd missions?

Colrain

why not just make the bs daily repeatable without any lockout, have it only give vp, and then those only interested in pvm can do one of the other john smith dailies. this would solve a lot of problems. the current changes incoming will cause a bit of hype for a week or two, but after that ghost city, and even more bugged bs rounds then before. just you wait

*edit* just read the part about new MA weapon added to beast. Claps hands gleefully, in an embarrassing manner. (**please, not another re-skinned shenstick!**)
    Last edited by SoapTarder; Dec 5th, 2011 at 21:39:04.
    wtf happened to my avatars eyebrows?

I used to listen to Dubstep in the 90's... every time I connected to the internet.

Quote Originally Posted by damon7 View Post
    Notum Scourge in Penumbra should no longer be spawning underground ??

Wow...finally. Maybe I'll try and find and farm them
    Will believe this when I see it.
    Why play melee when crat pets can do your job?
    Quote Originally Posted by Wyldebeast View Post
    Simple, why the melee hate?
    Quote Originally Posted by Means View Post
    ...Melee people/pets are needed...

It's simple tweaks like this Anarchy Online needs ALOT of.

We can only hope the rebalance/Graphic bring alot more of these "gameplay" tweaks that finally bring some ease of mind to alot of players who for YEARS have been playing a game with countless illogical features.

Quote Originally Posted by Juggernat View Post
    Its the replacement for the alappa reward, sad thing is how many 160 crats will ever get it at 160. It's not the easiest instance to complete at 220 let alone dragging a 160 along.

Did it with just 2 fixers earlier this year. /easy mode. With a tl5/6 crat, could easily do it with any tl7 prof dual logged.

Anyway my reaction -
    Boring, another patch that wont make me resub. Those changes ONLY just happening after literally YEARS of waiting.

The thing i dont get about FC is, why work separately on the engine and then the old game as it is. Cant the massive list of fixes be implemented as you built the new world?
    E.g " today we're looking at the SL zone penumbra, here's a list of bugs to clean up as we build the environment".
    2birds 1stone.
    Wake me up when West Athen is full of tl7 pvp again!!

Funcom employee

Quote Originally Posted by Dreamer View Post
    The thing i dont get about FC is, why work separately on the engine and then the old game as it is. Cant the massive list of fixes be implemented as you built the new world?
    E.g " today we're looking at the SL zone penumbra, here's a list of bugs to clean up as we build the environment".
    2birds 1stone.
    Totally, wholly separate processes. We're not rebuilding the world with the engine - The terrain, the placement of stuff, all of that remains exactly the same. What the artists are doing are replacing *resources used* in the game - Textures, 3D meshes, that sorta thing.

Like, as a practical example, let's take The Cup. Inside the Cup are a bunch of chairs that all look exactly the same; these chairs are all using the same resource file ("coffee_chair_the_cup.max" as an example). If an artist goes and replaces that .max file with "new_coffee_chair_the_cup.max" then *all chairs which were using that file in the game will then be updated to the new look*. The artist changes one file in the database, and then all the chairs in the game get updated - We don't have to go through and rebuild entire playfields to get new resources in (and if we did it'd probably drive us crazy/never actually happen because that would be an INSANE amount of work).

So yeah - Worldbuilding and placing/moving spawn points are completely separate from creating/editing/adjusting the look and feel of resources, and have no impact on or dealings with each other. =)
    Brad L. McAtee / Kintaii
    Former Senior AO Designer & Jack of All Trades
    (2007 - 2012)
    ~~ Twitter :: Facebook :: Norse Noir ~~

carlita is awesome, now if only master gunslinger would have made it in with it then the tl 5 crat game would be on lock down.
    Former Assistant Director of Pack of Noobs

Fake Friday with Means, and it worked!

So yeah - Worldbuilding and placing/moving spawn points are completely separate from creating/editing/adjusting the look and feel of resources, and have no impact on or dealings with each other. =)
    Someday soon, I imagine you'll eat those words.

You know, knowing what changes before have brought us. Like changing mission rewards and suddenly pet pathing is fixed somehow.

Quote Originally Posted by Humlebien View Post
    It's simple tweaks like this Anarchy Online needs ALOT of.

We can only hope the rebalance/Graphic bring alot more of these "gameplay" tweaks that finally bring some ease of mind to alot of players who for YEARS have been playing a game with countless illogical features.
    illogical features, I am not so familiar with, but, how about common gripes that resurface time and time again?

Seems like this is the most obvious and effective way of keeping a game dynamic, current, and less in need of mega overhauls.

If players are constantly kept on their toes with regards to the current "state" of the game, players would constantly need to be adjusting-learning and relearning their profession to keep track of changes. In otherwords - kept interested.

Some adjustments that seem to be emblazed on my limited perception of the game thus far (including discussions I've witnessed and read about on forums, some several times already) as seemingly priority adjustments are:
    "ranged advy strength"
    "faction strength and imbalance (both RK1 and RK2 are severely imbalanced from what I gather)"
    "keepers and MP's seem to be out of adjustement with other profs relative strength"

Go figure. Seems like a couple of small tweaks could bring the entire game based on these three issues more into a balanced state.
    Quote Originally Posted by Lunarsolace
    This idea kills 2 forum trolls with one hamster.

Quote Originally Posted by Esssch View Post
    Someday soon, I imagine you'll eat those words.

You know, knowing what changes before have brought us. Like changing mission rewards and suddenly pet pathing is fixed somehow.
    Artists making skins on objects have what to do with mission rewards and pet pathing?
    Don't mind me. I'm just passin' through.
    ::CLAN ADV :Chairman's Prize for Holy LOL recipient: RK-I::
    The Red Brotherhood
    If this is gonna be that kind of party, I'm gonna stick my leet in the mashed potatoes.”

Quote Originally Posted by Arriviste View Post
    Artists making skins on objects have what to do with mission rewards and pet pathing?
    You shouldn't defend the point of view of AO devs, it's all about being sort of dumb and blaming all delays on having unrelated person's work impact in various unrelated areas.
    Thor Mastablasta Hammersmith - Level 220, AI 30, LE 70 Clan Atrox Nano Technician - Setup
    The Red Brotherhood

I'm a Nano-Technician, don't ever expect me to fight unbuffed, alone or fair.

Means: about f'ing time :P
    Satenia: heresy <3
    Znore: Mastablasta <3
    Kinkstaah: I have agro from many mobs ;(
    Madarab: we are aoe class, we are supose to use pistols
    Marxgorm: the NT toolset does not fit into my raiding tactics

Quote Originally Posted by Hotdog View Post
    "ranged advy strength"
    "faction strength and imbalance (both RK1 and RK2 are severely imbalanced from what I gather)"
    "keepers and MP's seem to be out of adjustement with other profs relative strength"
    just remove troll pistol from the game and force ranged advies to rely on craphander as and BOOM they're blanced. oh and force them to choose EITHER coon OR acro. don't let them perk both. and make pistol perks 100% check.
    factions are entirely balanced. on rk1 clans are winning, on rk2 it's the omnis.
    keepers and mp's are, in a word, "fine". it's everyone else that's the problem.

.2 that just got on test has a modified bacam grenade gun, pretty cool that they cared to touch such an old weapon.
    It's hardly and endgame weapon but it should do fine for a new engi with limited resources, since it's pretty easy to get hold of

Let's hope it makes it to live, i like how they added fling and upped the damage.

AMSCap: 2500
    AmmoType: Grenades
    AnimSet: 3
    AttackDelay: 1,5
    AttackRange: 25
    Can: Carry, Wear, FlingShot
    CriticalBonus: 563
    DamageType: ChemicalAC
    DefaultPos: RightHand
    EquipDelay: 1
    EquipmentPage: Weapon
    Flags: Visible, ModifiedDescription, NoDrop
    Icon: 233213
    InitiativeType: RangedInit
    Mass: 9,2
    MaxDamage: 467
    MaxEnergy: 30
    Mesh: 9013
    MinDamage: 350
    MoreFlags: 0
    QL: 250
    RechargeDelay: 1,5
    Slot: RightHand
    Value: 1
    WeaponMesh: 248089
    Attack skill: Grenade 100%
    Defense skill: DuckExplosions 100%

-[Actions]-

ToWield
    ChildOp = And Operator = BitAnd Statistic = Expansion Target = Self Value = Shadow Lands
    ChildOp = And Operator = GreaterThan Statistic = TitleLevel Target = Self Value = 6
    ChildOp = And Operator = GreaterThan Statistic = Grenade Target = Self Value = 1749
    ChildOp = Operator = GreaterThan Statistic = FlingShot Target = Self Value = 874
    OnActivate
    Name = AttractorEffect Target = User TickCount = 1 TickInterval = 0
    OnWear
    Name = Modify Target = Wearer TickCount = 1 TickInterval = 0 : 19 50
    Name = Modify Target = Wearer TickCount = 1 TickInterval = 0 : 130 75
    Name = Modify Target = Wearer TickCount = 1 TickInterval = 0 : 125 120

same bonuses as before.
    Last edited by nanoforcer; Dec 10th, 2011 at 12:32:19.
    Don't you just hate this kind of ppl
    http://redwing.hutman.net/%7Emreed/w...rouscranus.htm

Quote Originally Posted by nanoforcer View Post
    .2 that just got on test has a modified bacam grenade gun, pretty cool that they cared to touch such an old weapon.
    It's hardly and endgame weapon but it should do fine for a new engi with limited resources, since it's pretty easy to get hold of

Let's hope it makes it to live, i like how they added flind and upped the damage.

.......new Bacam stats & mods.....
    wish they'd remove the tl7 cap, or at least lower it to tl6. Same as Phatmos' Booty... the gun would be very, very nice in late tl5, early tl6.
    keep smiling
    Najade s, Najengi s, Najngi s, Najmp s, Shadysannz, Toccata, Frobos, Chaodoc, Najcrat, Najtank
    sannz - ENL - NR01-GOLF-11
    a time of changing has begun; the leaves are fallen and undone; inside my spirit starts to run; and all my fears are overcome. - Chiasm, Rewind, 2005

Totally, wholly separate processes. We're not rebuilding the world with the engine - The terrain, the placement of stuff, all of that remains exactly the same. What the artists are doing are replacing *resources used* in the game - Textures, 3D meshes, that sorta thing.

Like, as a practical example, let's take The Cup. Inside the Cup are a bunch of chairs that all look exactly the same; these chairs are all using the same resource file ("coffee_chair_the_cup.max" as an example). If an artist goes and replaces that .max file with "new_coffee_chair_the_cup.max" then *all chairs which were using that file in the game will then be updated to the new look*. The artist changes one file in the database, and then all the chairs in the game get updated - We don't have to go through and rebuild entire playfields to get new resources in (and if we did it'd probably drive us crazy/never actually happen because that would be an INSANE amount of work).

So we're going to have the same buggy as hell game but just looking prettier? :/

Some areas of RK/SL are lol worthy at how the landscape mesh "fits" the actual world framework. So i infact wish there was some rebuilding going on instead of just texture replacing in effect.

So we're going to have the same buggy as hell game but just looking prettier? :/

Some areas of RK/SL are lol worthy at how the landscape mesh "fits" the actual world framework. So i infact wish there was some rebuilding going on instead of just texture replacing in effect.
    There's some work done on fixing flying stuff. Make a bugreport whenever you see any weird looking geometry, flying meshes etc. with the location data from shift-F9 and they should get fixed eventually.
    Thor Mastablasta Hammersmith - Level 220, AI 30, LE 70 Clan Atrox Nano Technician - Setup
    The Red Brotherhood

I'm a Nano-Technician, don't ever expect me to fight unbuffed, alone or fair.

Means: about f'ing time :P
    Satenia: heresy <3
    Znore: Mastablasta <3
    Kinkstaah: I have agro from many mobs ;(
    Madarab: we are aoe class, we are supose to use pistols
    Marxgorm: the NT toolset does not fit into my raiding tactics

Quote Originally Posted by Mastablasta View Post
    There's some work done on fixing flying stuff. Make a bugreport whenever you see any weird looking geometry, flying meshes etc. with the location data from shift-F9 and they should get fixed eventually.

I'll remember that thanks
    But im almost sure, that the locations would be fairly low priority on the list of fixes :P

At the rate they are going, rebuilding the world would push the engine release date back to somewhere around the time the Earth is swallowed by the Sun.

The BS PvP Daily Mission can be repeated three times in the incoming update - The first two times it is completed it will offer only the VP reward; the third time the player will receive both VP and an XP reward.
    That sux.. Now my froob can only do one xp DM a day :/

Froobs dont get VP so screw wasting my time doing the pvp one 3 times..

Classic FC!

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast