Page 9 of 17 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314151617 LastLast

Thread: Friday with Means - March 4th, 2011 - Montreal Party Registration

Quote Originally Posted by Haxi View Post
    So why not show us now? He was going to right? Someone set up a donation page to buy FC a copy of fraps or just crack it for them already.
    We filmed with Means' camera during the entire Q&A at the office, and I we did not film at the engine showing. It wasn't meant to be shown, so disregard that.
    Sephiroth56 - 220 NT Atlantean - equipment
    Articate - The Brave New World.
    Sephiroth

Four enforcers
    trapped by the sea
    one teased the 'techi
    then they were three

Quote Originally Posted by Sephiroth56 View Post
    We filmed with Means' camera during the entire Q&A at the office, and I we did not film at the engine showing. It wasn't meant to be shown, so disregard that.
    oh my bad, I thought the engine was shown in it. So yeah I was wrong about the engine being recorded but it was shown.
    "A whole new place to run around for ages in then die suddenly without warning."

"I know who coded pet pathing... and when I see him I say "/follow" and I start waling in to walls :P"

The "Trolls" option is incorrect. The term trolls is not used to describe the gathering of information on the Internet.

<@Kintaii> L2P

Quote Originally Posted by Technogen View Post
    I don't know, I'm not Means, and you aren't either.
    I (for one) would never presume to speak for Means.

Despite popular opinion I never have either, only reposted his prior post that people seem to have missed or forgotten.
    "A whole new place to run around for ages in then die suddenly without warning."

"I know who coded pet pathing... and when I see him I say "/follow" and I start waling in to walls :P"

The "Trolls" option is incorrect. The term trolls is not used to describe the gathering of information on the Internet.

<@Kintaii> L2P

Around 6 months ago (can't remember exactly) means stated in one of his FWM that in the next one he would have a video clip of some places with the new engine.

Anyone of you care to come up with a genuine reason why you think he could have possibly let it go on this long and still not show us ? not blind excuses/fantasies that you have all been posting.

If people have been ill for 6 months, maybe hire some temporary replacements for all the AO staff. Or invest in some medication and vaccines to boost your, obviously, very weak immune system.
    Quote Originally Posted by McKnuckleSamwich View Post
    considering how many ranged advies omni has, clan did quite a job.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ciex View Post
    Ive rolled NT and rarely make it longer than 3-4s vs fixers.
    Talking whats OP and whats not by people who have never really played so told OP profession is just lame.

Quote Originally Posted by agentwolve View Post
    If people have been ill for 6 months, maybe hire some temporary replacements for all the AO staff. Or invest in some medication and vaccines to boost your, obviously, very weak immune system.
    Comments like this are so useless. What's the point? I'm sure you know that no one has said the AO team has been sick for more than the last week.

Around 6 months ago (can't remember exactly) means stated in one of his FWM that in the next one he would have a video clip of some places with the new engine.

Anyone of you care to come up with a genuine reason why you think he could have possibly let it go on this long and still not show us ? not blind excuses/fantasies that you have all been posting.
    This was at a time when it looked like they were getting close to something to show. Then there was a rather big turnabout, not caused by the AO team, but rather the AoC team that were gonna revise the entire engine for AoC, which would also include fixes to some pertitent problems with the engine.
    Sephiroth

Four enforcers
    trapped by the sea
    one teased the 'techi
    then they were three

Yes, he also replied as to why there was no video.
    Thor Mastablasta Hammersmith - Level 220, AI 30, LE 70 Clan Atrox Nano Technician - Setup
    The Red Brotherhood

I'm a Nano-Technician, don't ever expect me to fight unbuffed, alone or fair.

Means: about f'ing time :P
    Satenia: heresy <3
    Znore: Mastablasta <3
    Kinkstaah: I have agro from many mobs ;(
    Madarab: we are aoe class, we are supose to use pistols
    Marxgorm: the NT toolset does not fit into my raiding tactics

Comments like this are so useless. What's the point? I'm sure you know that no one has said the AO team has been sick for more than the last week.
    It's called advice, might help them be more efficient.

This was at a time when it looked like they were getting close to something to show. Then there was a rather big turnabout, not caused by the AO team, but rather the AoC team that were gonna revise the entire engine for AoC, which would also include fixes to some pertitent problems with the engine.
    Hmm I already now they scrapped one engine after we had already saw some trailer footage for that one but we also was told a few months back that they would have some current footage of the new one ready soon, which also never came. And this is why people get easily angry, and why they have a right to do so too. Because things like this happen consistently, we was told they was looking into revamping HI loot and pondering the idea of new BS maps. Then hear nothing back.

All these things keep a large amount of people playing and paying and they have the right to moan when they don't receive what they have been promised. This is also a major factor to the low population, people are not going to pay to play for a game where the staff treat them like absolute scum. Would you be happy buying a jacket that was advertised as waterproof then when you got it, it wasn't, i don't think you would.
    Talking whats OP and whats not by people who have never really played so told OP profession is just lame.

Means is a hugely postive guy. He's always optimistic and WANTS to show all this fancy stuff to you guys. I'm sure you'll find all his statements say "I would really like to have something to show you by next week" or thereof, so don't think he's a PR-mastermind that figures this is the best way AO can generate revenue; by shoestringing the customers along with empty promises, because anyone could tell you that that would soon collapse.

Means is just as extatic about the new engine as the next guy, if not more.

That being said, does that warrent all these.... wait..

It's called advice, might help them be more efficient.
    Ok, I was actually about to write a post discussing the pro and cons - things like if we should rather have a tight-lipped dev team, which it seems you does, but when you comment like that, you just kill my will to explain anything. I'm sure you'll take this as a sign of victory, or whatever, but I think it's unconstructive to utter such things, and I'll refrain from this discussion.
    Sephiroth

Four enforcers
    trapped by the sea
    one teased the 'techi
    then they were three

ok.

Quote Originally Posted by Anarrina View Post
    Maybe its because I deal with sick people day in, and day out, but I don't think I've ever been so personally disappointed in the forum base until I saw attacks on their person for being seriously ill, and this is probably the only time I'll ever say this to the group as a whole. Some of you need to get a bit of perspective on what constitutes life and death matters.
    Thank you. I just came here to post largely this same thing.

I have been a member of this community for more than 8 years now. In all that time I have praised this community on this and other places on the internet as being the best damn gaming community out there.

Yet, reading through this thread I find myself not only to be disappointed but also disgusted. I cannot believe the hatred in this thread and quite honestly this is the last place I would expect to encounter this level of outright disregard for your fellow human beings.
    Cathryn "Vallikat" Thompon

Your queen of muffiny goodness!
    Director - Gridstream Productions --->Tune In Here

Member, GSP Dancers

Gunney: Lissunin ta GSP mayukz me wanna play... wut bettah reezun duz enee wun need?

Yes, it's funny how the amount of hate and vile things said has increased exponentially since Means decided to start having a weekly update on AO. In a month now a days we get more information about what's going on than we used to get in a year.
    Thor Mastablasta Hammersmith - Level 220, AI 30, LE 70 Clan Atrox Nano Technician - Setup
    The Red Brotherhood

Thumbs down

Quote Originally Posted by vallikat View Post
    I cannot believe the hatred in this thread and quite honestly this is the last place I would expect to encounter this level of outright disregard for your fellow human beings.
    This.
    Lauri
    Cookiemonger

The Original GSP Groupie

Really great thread. I'm so proud of all of you.
    Now, one of the reasons we’ve spent the last month arguing about the debt ceiling is that half of the "teabag" Congress signed a vow to never raise taxes. Someone just handed them something and it wasn’t a gun, a crucifix or a fetus — so they signed it. Why? "Because we’re rugged individuals who love freedom. Now excuse us while we sign this document swearing to do as we’re told." --Bill Maher

Quote Originally Posted by Mastablasta View Post
    Yes, it's funny how the amount of hate and vile things said has increased exponentially since Means decided to start having a weekly update on AO. In a month now a days we get more information about what's going on than we used to get in a year.
    <3 Its cause everybody likes to complain. Here in an open forum they can. Which is good.

But some ppl have so much hate within, many isnt english native languages what lead ****loads of missundestoods (someone tells oxford dictionary to stop translate "flu" as "gripe"!), some are true fanboys and see nothing wrong, and some are a mix of then. Then all those fights happens >.>
    Lainbr - 220/30/70 Meta-Physicist Nanomage - E / Spirals - 220/30/70 Enforcer Solitus - E / Kokusho - 201/22/55 Fixer Nanomage - Equip Soon ;o
    Traderbr - 180/0/0 Trader Nanomage - / Kaoru - 60/0/0 Meta-Physicist Nanomage - totw semitwink
    Proud veteran of Spartans

To devs: You failed redesigning MPs as NTs with pets. I want my debuffer back.
    Dreamer: Basically - I wish THIS much effort was put in to ALL profs rebalance docs.

Kintaii: Genele is more hardcore than you, your guildmates, and anyone else you've ever played with
    Anarrina: Trust me, I'm not that scary in real life.

Quote Originally Posted by vallikat View Post
    Thank you. I just came here to post largely this same thing.

I have been a member of this community for more than 8 years now. In all that time I have praised this community on this and other places on the internet as being the best damn gaming community out there.

Yet, reading through this thread I find myself not only to be disappointed but also disgusted. I cannot believe the hatred in this thread and quite honestly this is the last place I would expect to encounter this level of outright disregard for your fellow human beings.
    You know what disgusts me?

This attitude.

I'm sorry if not rushing out to buy a get-well card for sick person I've never met means I'm some kind of disappointment to humanity. But...

I'm recovering from a flu right at the moment so I can empathise. However, I also have enough "regard for my fellow human being" to realise that some people might find that a little su****ious in the circumstances. That's only natural.

I'm willing to bet that right now, right while reading this post, you're su****ious that I had a flu because of how convenient it is to my point. Even Anarrina's earlier posts were doubting that certain posters had had a flu. Is that also disappointing and disgusting?

Don't worry, I forgive you for doubting me... not so much for the implication that anyone who was su****ious is a terrible person.

So what is it that makes this community so great? Your condemnation of a large part of it?
    Advisor of Lumen Orien

Thumbs down

Quote Originally Posted by Redesine View Post
    I'm sorry if not rushing out to buy a get-well card for sick person I've never met means I'm some kind of disappointment to humanity. But...
    Another fine example of twisting something into something it's not to make an empty point. Bravo.
    Lauri
    Cookiemonger

The Original GSP Groupie

Quote Originally Posted by sezmra View Post
    Another fine example of twisting something into something it's not to make an empty point. Bravo.
    If you say so.

Believe it or not I'm not strongly on one "side" or the other. I just don't like hypocrisy that's rampant in this thread as much as people who don't like the "haters" or "fanboys".

And I would certainly like to be able to raise concerns myself if I have them without the atmosphere of you-may-not-speak-ill-of-FC that's rife at the moment.
    Advisor of Lumen Orien

Huge tax return Planetickets!
    The Red Brotherhood

Quote Originally Posted by Redesine View Post
    You know what disgusts me?

This attitude.

I'm recovering from a flu right at the moment so I can empathise. However, I also have enough "regard for my fellow human being" to realise that some people might find that a little su****ious in the circumstances. That's only natural.

I'm willing to bet that right now, right while reading this post, you're su****ious that I had a flu because of how convenient it is to my point. Even Anarrina's earlier posts were doubting that certain posters had had a flu. Is that also disappointing and disgusting?

Don't worry, I forgive you for doubting me... not so much for the implication that anyone who was su****ious is a terrible person.

So what is it that makes this community so great? Your condemnation of a large part of it?
    I don't actually recall calling you out by name Redesine. In fact, I'm sure I didn't. I'm sure, in fact, that I was speaking in general terms about this thread as a whole without pointing to any specific post. I have not, nor will I, go back and read any thing you specifically had to say in it because nothing I said was specifically about you. You might also conclude from that statement that I never had reason to doubt you specifically, so you can keep your forgiveness. I do not want or require it.

If you have any question about my feeling about this game or this community, I invite you to come to any GSP show at any time, but particularly those which take place on the eastern time evening because those are the ones that I'm most likely to be at.

Thanks and have a truly wonderful day!
    Cathryn "Vallikat" Thompon

Your queen of muffiny goodness!
    Director - Gridstream Productions --->Tune In Here

Member, GSP Dancers

Gunney: Lissunin ta GSP mayukz me wanna play... wut bettah reezun duz enee wun need?

Page 9 of 17 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314151617 LastLast