Page 3 of 12 FirstFirst 123456789101112 LastLast

Thread: Friday with Means - September 17th, 2010 - No footage for the greater good

Quote Originally Posted by Neosh1 View Post
    True, but you will be able to farm your VP's at lower levels.
    So you're telling me I can de-level my characters?! Great!

My 2 TL7 characters that both need VP are over 215.

and if you really want to PvP just go in new PvP playfield or flag yourself
    No, I really don't want to PvP...but FC insists on forcing people to by not adding other methods of obtaining VP like they kept saying they would over the last few years...
    Autohead 220/30/70 Solitus Soldier - Synergy Factor
    Auron 220/25 Keeper ::: Shadowslave 220/23 Shade ::: Radius 211/21 Nano-Technician
    Sunza 207/21 Martial Artist ::: Voss 182/15 Engineer ::: Shadowhead 150/16 Agent

yay for s10 twinks BS!
    Life is bare, gloom and misery everywhere.

ok.... /bow I love you again Means.]

I still think you should let 200 froobs in with us at 151-174 tho.

without the 150's, you might be killing us.
    Last edited by RedWatr; Sep 17th, 2010 at 16:10:38.
    T O O N Z:
    Renamed (jeycihn) 220/30(so sexy, so Borealis...I miss it the most...still melee <3 thnx for all your help Scum!
    Giit 200/30 NM NT(THE most dangerous, and bitchy thing I ever created)
    Sixunder 158/21 NM Tra (158+SMG=Atomic bomb? Feather pillow? meh, depends on what mood she's in oO)
    Eightup 158/21 Opi Fix (perfect, maxed twink, definitive "FUN")
    Xerrrox 17X Opi Fix (GA4 fr00b...buff prostitute...reason to log in)
    Enjey 60/6 NM Eng (high maintenance OP'ness)
    Nanimated New NM Agent (no patience for it...sigh)
    Somethiing 200 Atrox Sold (potential x1k...not nearly enough "give a f*ck")
    P A R A D I S E ~&~ P A R A S I T E ~&~ B R O K E N ~&~ CCI ~&~ NOTHING PERSONAL

Quote Originally Posted by Means View Post
    So again...post the questions you asked at the Q&A session here...or the ones you would have asked if you could have made it here.

here are the *new* suggested level ranges:

10-30
    31-60
    61-100
    101-150
    151-174
    175-214
    215-220
    So my question for you, Means (yes in pink!):
    As we had a lot of threads about 207 killing TL5 twinks, will you also change level ranges outside BS?
    blah

174-214? not gonna work.
    Twitch Channel - Youtube Channel - Twitter - Facebook - Pinterest
    AO Universe - By Players, For Players! The #1 AO Fansite Worldwide - Site Founder (Retired). | AOSpeak - Unofficial AO Teamspeak 3 Server - Founder (Retired). | AO Recipebook - In-Game Recipe/Tradeskill Bot - Founder (Retired).
    Founding member of the Council of Truth Clerical Staff.
    Keep in mind: My posts are my own personal views and thoughts.

yay. new bodyguard for TL5.
    Upgraded pistol nanos for scheol quest is nice too.

please means, please make all 164ish twinks UNKILLABLE... remove everything from the game that's a threat to them, mess up any good plan concerning new bs ranges so they are still top of the food-chain.

please means (in pink and other girly colors) DO EVERYTHING TO KEEP US UBER WITHOUT TO HAVE TO WORK ON IT AGAIN!!! (PLEAAAAAAAAAAAASE)

...hu? what?

2 late?

means already... what?

really?

ok...

nevermind then...

"we all love u again means" - ur 5% of ao population
    -[nitr0]-
    sexiest trox alive

I was interested how non-pvp players get the VP for the LE armor and weapons.

Because there are also alot of non pvp players.
    They need to do pvp in BS to get VP.
    Every round 20 min sitting and moving alittle is quit boring for this group of players.

Those things are the main reason i stay frOOB.

60% of the game is doing things you don't like to do, but you need to because you will be gimp without it.

Same of research thingy, it takes alot of not fun times with it.
    The reason you see players hiring a NT @ kitehill.

I hope you can do something about this.

And good luck with making the new gfx engine, maybe you can build with it the next week after 3+ months not hearing anything of improvements.

Quote Originally Posted by nitr0 View Post
    please means, please make all 164ish twinks UNKILLABLE... remove everything from the game that's a threat to them, mess up any good plan concerning new bs ranges so they are still top of the food-chain.
    I think its the 170s toons that are supposed to gank em, and other 164s. Not 207 mongorape toons with nearly 220 endgame setups.

First makes for intresting NW wars, second option doesnt (besides maybe for that lonesome 207 laughing at how broken those level ranges are while alphaing people).

Quote Originally Posted by Animistic View Post
    I think its the 170s toons that are supposed to gank em, and other 164s. Not 207 mongorape toons with nearly 220 endgame setups.

First makes for intresting NW wars, second option doesnt (besides maybe for that lonesome 207 laughing at how broken those level ranges are while alphaing people).
    ok, so who or what exactly forces people to be 164 and not 150?

exactly, they are 164 to be uber at bs...

what does that have to do with nw? - nothing
    the ppl didn't pick the level for nw, they picked it because it's high enough to own at bs and too low to be ganked by 220s in nw... 164ish twinks now crying around like babies all the time is just a joke.
    -[nitr0]-
    sexiest trox alive

why are 150s in a dif range from the rest of tl5? =p tl5 bs is scarce enough as it is, gief them back!

Quote Originally Posted by nitr0 View Post
    ok, so who or what exactly forces people to be 164 and not 150?
    So you're saying all those hecklers died for nothing?

Someone, STOP THE SENSELESS SLAUGHTER!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Means View Post
    Battlestation Level Ranges
    101-150
    151-174
    175-214
    215-220
    If your goal was to broaden the BS ranges, why did you narrow up these ranges?

101-150 will be dominated by s10 toons, if they can be asked to take a break from their credit grind (yeah right). Same as never running.

151-174 sees no change, other than not having s10 toons to get it running.

175-214 is a dead range. This will barely run.

215-220 is... decent I suppose, but it should be different.

These were much better changes:
    101-149, 150-199 with appropriate changes in items and nanos (GTH, HH@B, etc.) and 199-209 and 210-220.

I suppose it's impossible to create a BS around level 200s without making it specifically for the 200s.
    The Fine Arts:
    Mime | Surgery | Zen
    The Traitor

Xirayne: I couldn't care less about who is clueless or what the exact definition "real" pvp is in ao, I want "fun" pvp!

175 vs 214 seems a bit harsh. Ok 190 vs 214 is still harsh, but at least they got a few more options in the equipment departement...

what a catch 22. devs can't give vp farmers another (better) source to get vp that isn't pvp related. they also cannot spread bs twinks too thin because then there are not enough to keep each bs running without vp farmers. good luck pleasing everyone in this scenario. my guess is its impossible, and devs will likely bend to the will of those most vocal, and not necessarily the majority, as per usual.

just do a freakin week-long poll on the log-in screen (that isn't biased or leading) and get the true perspective of the current playerbase, and not the small group that patrols the forums.
    Last edited by SoulTarder; Sep 17th, 2010 at 17:49:32.
    wtf happened to my avatars eyebrows?

I used to listen to Dubstep in the 90's... every time I connected to the internet.

Well I do agree that the PVP lvls are more reasonable
    but I still see flaws and pretty much all the flaws I have seen
    have been mentioned here :P

As for when BS is active....

It truthfully and honestly depends on time zones
    There is some low times and that is usually when the
    euros are going to bed and the people from the states
    are just getting done with dinner :P It also occurs when
    the euros are waking up/at work or school and the people
    from the states are just going to bed. ect....

Also you can't forget about when Clan or Omni rage quits because
    someone capped all 4 ZOMG!!!!!!!!!

Anyways nice post =^-^= <3
    Luckystarr ~ Luckyhealz ~ Luckyrepairs ~ Luckycloverz ~ Luckysuffy ~ Luckyemo ~ Luckybuff ~ Lucky ~ Luckysneak ~ Luckybank ~ Luckylucky =^-^=

tl5 bs should be 150-189, then 190-209, and 210-220

Level 189s aren't that much more powerful than 170s, just some more IP and stuff and in some cases better level locked stuff.

Really don't like cutting away 5 levels from the tl7 bs though... yeah the 210s may be gimps and such but they make BS run and they can always apt or hang around a zerg or something...

I'm sorry, but when i fix my advy i want to be able to kill 220's in BS again. ;(
    Entventurer 214 Adv
    Entagain 220 Doc
    Reali 220 Shade
    Entity206 216 Engi

All Stripped, aw yeah.

Quote Originally Posted by Entagain View Post
    I'm sorry, but when i fix my advy i want to be able to kill 220's in BS again. ;(

Don't worry. This stuff will probably all have changed by 2015.

There goes my evil plan to make a OP 200 MP for BS.. but in a way it's good that a BS that runs remains untouched.

I have my doubts about the 175-214 though...we will see.

Page 3 of 12 FirstFirst 123456789101112 LastLast