Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Give Back 3x battlestation daily please

Quote Originally Posted by edmaster3 View Post
    Awikun explained it properly. Pafpuf you guys need to get off your high horses, If "A full team of people in leveling gear will barely scratch a single twink in many cases" which is TRUE, why would anyone go back to BS? You are probably saying BS needs to be where only pvp people go, it is now, and it stays empty.
    Seriously? "I hate teaming on bs" is something you regard as a proper explanation ? So what if it's true, a bunch of gimp lowbies can't touch a character in endgame gear who spent more hours in this game than all those gimps combined and you see that as something new and bad ? Welcome to the world of video games, enjoy your stay. If they feel uncomfortable pvping in sh*t gear maybe they could pause pvping until they gear up better, it's what any intelligent person would do. Oh and would you like to meet my horse? I called him Rational Thinking.

Without levelers in BS it will probably never run. This is evident that they had to add bs xp missions just to get it to run.
    Pafpuf are you suggesting that if you cant kill a vet in BS you should beg other people to team?
    Without incentive to join BS it will probably never run. XP missions are just one way to add incentive, and it's a poorly designed one since it only provides incentive for levelers and not actual pvpers effectively making battlestations nothing more than a leveling area.

Tryptophy is absolutely correct, the difference between the pvp and lvling people is to great that's why pvp will stay dead in ao. New people will always be a year to early to learn how to twink properly (including gathering items, most you need a 220 for) to be a challenge.
    No, pvp is dead in AO because there's no incentive to participate, no reward for time spent pvping. You don't get the basics of why people play video games and what keeps them interested. Having a goal that will in one way or another improve your character is what keeps people motivated and interested in a game. Pvp in AO doesn't do that, it's a dead end, a purely optional activity because you can skip it entirely and not miss out on any content at all. New people will always have a disadvantage compared to veterans, your point is 100% senseless because the difference between endgame characters and leveling people is gigantic only in every video game in existence that has character progression.

Quote Originally Posted by Tryptophy View Post
    I don't see why they won't just fix mechs so that they're 80% as powerful as a twink or whatever, just to give levelers a chance to contribute, but definitely not dominate.
    Protip: If you want to play an FPS, play an FPS.

Aye very simple give everyone an awesome attackrating buff, lower your stata higher the buff. Twinks will still come up on top, but atleasst gimps will have, AAD, AAO, HP and Nano to compete. Lowbies should get even more buffing, and runspeed that scales from 220 to 10.

Call it BS enhancer buff. At lvl 110 for example one should get 2k Ac, 400 AAO AAD, and 400 runspeed, at 140 only 400ac 100aao aad and runspeed. Just a few ways to bring levelers up to game, Maybe throw in some evades and hp/nano.

Top that up with incentives. Gear for VP, pvp social armor depending on rank, signature weapons, manny things can be done.

And these are easy things to make, that for sure will bring Some new subscriptions.

Oh and more give people who die in BS a buff that lasts until first kill.
    Quote Originally Posted by Michizure View Post
    This'll be fixed for the next patch

Quote Originally Posted by Pafpuf View Post
    Seriously? "I hate teaming on bs" is something you regard as a proper explanation ? So what if it's true, a bunch of gimp lowbies can't touch a character in endgame gear who spent more hours in this game than all those gimps combined and you see that as something new and bad ? Welcome to the world of video games, enjoy your stay. If they feel uncomfortable pvping in sh*t gear maybe they could pause pvping until they gear up better, it's what any intelligent person would do. Oh and would you like to meet my horse? I called him Rational Thinking.

Without incentive to join BS it will probably never run. XP missions are just one way to add incentive, and it's a poorly designed one since it only provides incentive for levelers and not actual pvpers effectively making battlestations nothing more than a leveling area.

No, pvp is dead in AO because there's no incentive to participate, no reward for time spent pvping. You don't get the basics of why people play video games and what keeps them interested. Having a goal that will in one way or another improve your character is what keeps people motivated and interested in a game. Pvp in AO doesn't do that, it's a dead end, a purely optional activity because you can skip it entirely and not miss out on any content at all. New people will always have a disadvantage compared to veterans, your point is 100% senseless because the difference between endgame characters and leveling people is gigantic only in every video game in existence that has character progression.
    You are absolutely right, vets/ mole people spent hours and billions twinking there toons, it only makes sense that it should be impossible for gimp leveling people to be able to kill or even hit them. I am sure you have been giving your advice to everyone, "you are not yet good enough to do BS, come back in a year or 2 when you know how to twink."
    So starting from the lowest level ranges vets should be gods, giving out advice to come back when you are twinked.
    And this is how we have gotten to this awesome pvp/BS state in AO.

And here I thought that every mmo, video game, people will common sense, knows that if you want to people to keep playing you make it FUN FIRST!, for them starting from the very beginning. While vets should have a SLIGHT advantage being almost immortal is not one of them.

Pafpuf I have played a lot of Games, even as a badly geared newbie i still was able to kill vets, So i dont know what garbage you talking about with "difference between endgame characters and leveling people is gigantic only in every video game in existence"

Every MMO knows that levelers make up most of the pvp/ BS systems, and that hardcore pvpers are very few in number. Once people are in BS the pvpers will come, they get vp and more importantly kills and titles. Its only the levelers that need incentive, especially in AO where they know they will only get farmed.

Stuff that proves how fun BS is now. People apting in the decon room, apting at different locatons, meching and just harassing people. Going afk and letting there characters get killed over and over untill bs ends. Staying in sneak the entire match etc. But at least they made bs run, once.
    PVPers gata stop lying to themselves, they dont want to fight other heavily twinked people they want to farm gimps.

Quote Originally Posted by Cratertina View Post
    Aye very simple give everyone an awesome attackrating buff, lower your stata higher the buff. Twinks will still come up on top, but atleasst gimps will have, AAD, AAO, HP and Nano to compete. Lowbies should get even more buffing, and runspeed that scales from 220 to 10.

Call it BS enhancer buff. At lvl 110 for example one should get 2k Ac, 400 AAO AAD, and 400 runspeed, at 140 only 400ac 100aao aad and runspeed. Just a few ways to bring levelers up to game, Maybe throw in some evades and hp/nano.
    Top that up with incentives. Gear for VP, pvp social armor depending on rank, signature weapons, manny things can be done.
    And these are easy things to make, that for sure will bring Some new subscriptions.
    Oh and more give people who die in BS a buff that lasts until first kill.
    Sorry for the double post.
    I like your suggestion, unfortunately implementation will be a lot harder to do. Especially if you don't want to make the lower levels to powerful, especially the already overpower low level twinks.
    If they can really find a balance and allow sign up from anywhere It might work. But ofc we are going to exploit it soon after implementation, hey it is ao, its what we do.

I have 3 level 200/30/70 twinks that i play on BS and I enjoy killing others as long as they are not 3-4 gimp level 200/10/20 Agents,NTs, Enfos (those are most popular) teamed together and fighting 3vs1.
    Playing without team and OSB is much more fun and requires more skill but some ppl will always prefer fighting 3 or 4 vs 1 and their only strategy is:
    1. use assist macro
    2. press keybinded alpha
    3. whine on forums about pvm levelers on BS
    Awikun 220/70/30 Ranged adv - my Main that I hardly ever log
    Awisha 220/70/30 Shade - Can solo 95% of all bosses
    Cratawi 200/70/30 Crat - S7/DR Solo farmer
    Awiken 220/70/30 Eng - Pvm Eng
    Nukiwa 200/70/30 NT - almost forgotten (awaiting retwink)
    Awidoc 200/70/30 Doc - 200 fun pvp twink
    Awix 200/70/30 Fix - 200 fun pvp twink
    Awienf 220/70/30 Enf - tanked every single boss (and still lives)
    Soldawi 220/70/30 Sol - Pvm Sold
    Awima 150/xx/xx Ma - best S10 MA farmer
    Doctorawi 220/70/30 - Pvm Doc
    Awienfo 200/70/30 - Atrox with Pande red belt and 2xQL300 hammers
    Macierewicz 220/70/30 - Pvm Crat
    Zlakobieta 220/70/30 - max complit +top tradeskiller

Quote Originally Posted by lamehorse View Post
    Protip: If you want to play an FPS, play an FPS.
    I don't want to play an FPS, and to be honest playing BS in a mech would still be just as boring as an FPS. But at least it wouldn't be painful and pointless. PvMers and levelers need VP and the quickest way to get it is BS (if it runs). If there were a non-BS daily that gave VP 3x per day I would do that instead on all my leveling toons (but I don't think they should do that, as will become clear). I found BS to be somewhat fun once I had a 200 char that was close to being finished, but before that it was simply painful, and it doesn't have to be.

I don't disagree with Paf that pvp should have better incentives. I'm not sure what they would be, but I would support them if they were well designed. But no matter what, BS will not run without "gimps" because the population is too low. Fixing whatever mistakes made people quit (and pvp problems are only one of those) will not bring everyone back. If the idea to incentivize pvp is focused on BS, it's just too bad but nevertheless a fact that it won't run without gimps. If having gimps on BS grit their teeth and let themselves be farmed is a problem for you, you'll have to come up with some totally different way to incentivize pvp that doesn't involve BS. Telling people to team won't do anything, for the reason I mentioned.

I don't think it matters whether pvp'ers want to farm gimps or want the challenge of fighting other twinks. The mindset is irrelevant. That said, if pvp'ers do in fact want a challenge, I don't see why they wouldn't support a change that would make levelers tougher to fight. You can't really complain they didn't "earn" it because there's really no other way they will present any challenge at all, and you still have a definite advantage for all the time you've spent on your character.

I think for the foreseeable future we are stuck with BS, so BS has to run, one way or another. The reality is that it won't run without levelers, and we might as well make it a halfway decent experience for them while they're getting their end reward.
    General of Nocturnal Fear
    Trypha 220/30/70 Engy | Trypothecary 220/30/69 Doc | Tryptophy 220/30/68 Crat | Trypocalypse 220/30/70 Sold | Tryharder 220/30/68 NT | Trypointy 220/x/x Shade | Peasantry 200/30/69 Keeper | Trycharm 150/20/42 Crat

You are absolutely right, vets/ mole people spent hours and billions twinking there toons, it only makes sense that it should be impossible for gimp leveling people to be able to kill or even hit them. I am sure you have been giving your advice to everyone, "you are not yet good enough to do BS, come back in a year or 2 when you know how to twink."
    So starting from the lowest level ranges vets should be gods, giving out advice to come back when you are twinked.
    And this is how we have gotten to this awesome pvp/BS state in AO.
    If someone takes a year or 2 to learn how to play this game they're either very casual and anti-social, or mentally retarded. Either way not the kind of player that should be taken into consideration when discussing game suggestions. AO pvp is in it's poor state because, for the hundredth time, there's no incentive to pvp so people aren't really motivated to do it.

And here I thought that every mmo, video game, people will common sense, knows that if you want to people to keep playing you make it FUN FIRST!, for them starting from the very beginning. While vets should have a SLIGHT advantage being almost immortal is not one of them.
    Basically what you're saying is that items scale in an unidentified pattern which causes big gaps in strength between levels, I agree with that.

Pafpuf I have played a lot of Games, even as a badly geared newbie i still was able to kill vets, So i dont know what garbage you talking about with "difference between endgame characters and leveling people is gigantic only in every video game in existence" Every MMO knows that levelers make up most of the pvp/ BS systems, and that hardcore pvpers are very few in number.
    I'd like you to name one, just one game that has character progression in which a gimp leveling character will beat an endgame character under normal circumstances. Even if they could that would defeat the whole purpose of character building. Which means that game is not an mmorpg. I'd also like for you to provide data which backs up your claim that pvpers are very few in number in every MMO, based on personal experience I find that very hard to believe.

Once people are in BS the pvpers will come, they get vp and more importantly kills and titles. Its only the levelers that need incentive, especially in AO where they know they will only get farmed.
    I can't do anything with the VP I have now, why would I want more? Kills don't grant anything. Titles don't grant anything.

If the problem is that those 3 missions nobody can live without drag people into something none of them want to do, doesn't it make infinitely more sense to simply change the mission objectives?

Stuff that proves how fun BS is now. People apting in the decon room, apting at different locatons, meching and just harassing people. Going afk and letting there characters get killed over and over untill bs ends. Staying in sneak the entire match etc. But at least they made bs run, once.
    Characters apting in decon = leveling.
    Characters apting at different locations = leveling,*
    Characters meching and harassing people = leveling,
    Going afk until bs ends = brb BS daily aka leveling,*
    Staying in sneak the entire match = leveling...*
    ...please tell me again how leveling characters are necessary to make BS fun for anyone in any way?

*I know because I did it myself. Afk leveling sponsored by funcom, why not

PVPers gata stop lying to themselves, they dont want to fight other heavily twinked people they want to farm gimps.
    That is very incorrect and one of the dumbest prejudices ever.

I guess you haven't read any of my post. I made it pretty clear that I'm against making the battlestation a leveling area which can be roughly translated as gimps gtfo. How did you manage to read that as "I just want to farm gimps", the exact opposite of what I wrote? Looks to me like you just read what you want to read.

lol at the reps for the nubs.

Is this some kind of lobby group for the "I twink by Rclick"?

Anyone who says that a noob can't contribute on BS CLEARLY needs to re-learn how to WIN at BS.

Noob: *runs to A* caps point. APT's.

Gets 3 kills, gets killed.

Holds point A for 8 minutes 12 seconds.

Helps establish a lead for his side.

I don't see where "gear" "twink" "noob" or anything else comes into play in the scenario I just described.

The ONLY thing that comes into play is understanding your personal capability, and whether or not you're paid. Yes, froobs won't complete, tough luck, they don't even enter the discussion. So, the main thing to understand is your own personal capability. If you are in a medsuit... put on vehicle armour, PERIOD.

If they feel uncomfortable pvping in sh*t gear maybe they could pause pvping until they gear up better, it's what any intelligent person would do.
    But they don't and the population just get smaller and smaller

It might be better if it was a pvp start-up bot with grafts, mor, blindring etc

If someone takes a year or 2 to learn how to play this game they're either very casual and anti-social, or mentally retarded. Either way not the kind of player that should be taken into consideration when discussing game suggestions. AO pvp is in it's poor state because, for the hundredth time, there's no incentive to pvp so people aren't really motivated to do it.

I can't do anything with the VP I have now, why would I want more? Kills don't grant anything. Titles don't grant anything.

If the problem is that those 3 missions nobody can live without drag people into something none of them want to do, doesn't it make infinitely more sense to simply change the mission objectives?

...please tell me again how leveling characters are necessary to make BS fun for anyone in any way?

*I know because I did it myself. Afk leveling sponsored by funcom, why not

That is very incorrect and one of the dumbest prejudices ever.

I guess you haven't read any of my post. I made it pretty clear that I'm against making the battlestation a leveling area which can be roughly translated as gimps gtfo. How did you manage to read that as "I just want to farm gimps", the exact opposite of what I wrote? Looks to me like you just read what you want to read.
    Firstly please tell me how long it take someone to learn ao and learn how to twink properly. Please add in how long it takes them to get enough money to pay for stuff, and the added level 220 guy needed to get items? Should be a fascinating answer. Dont forget twinking requires a lot of different items and implants.

Sounds like you are trying to make BS a pvper only zone, like i said already, without levelers bs and most pvp zone will not run. Dont fool yourself there actually isnt a lot of hardcore pvpers in AO. Also AO's pvp is to messed up (unbalanced) now, dont think incentives will bring anyone back from other games.

Incentive you say, what can AO do to make pvpers happy? This should be interesting.

Firstly, LEVELERS WANT TO DO PVP, everyone does. Leveling characters want to have fun in BS, they want to get kills even from level 10. The only reason most may apt (its also a strategy) and mech or afk, is because no one wants to get Farmed. I doubt if you took away the incentives for levelers and only have pvp incentives that bs will ever run.

Pafpuf, you can speak for yourself about not wanting to farm gimps, but because of human nature and lots of evidence, ill say my percentage is higher. A good number of people prey on weaker toons, and new people to ao, even you cant deny that fact. BTW what in your view is a pvper.

McKnuckleSamwich you in a different world, I dont even know how to respond to that.

Quote Originally Posted by McKnuckleSamwich View Post
    lol at the reps for the nubs.

Is this some kind of lobby group for the "I twink by Rclick"?

Anyone who says that a noob can't contribute on BS CLEARLY needs to re-learn how to WIN at BS.

Noob: *runs to A* caps point. APT's.

Gets 3 kills, gets killed.

Holds point A for 8 minutes 12 seconds.

Helps establish a lead for his side.

I don't see where "gear" "twink" "noob" or anything else comes into play in the scenario I just described.

The ONLY thing that comes into play is understanding your personal capability, and whether or not you're paid. Yes, froobs won't complete, tough luck, they don't even enter the discussion. So, the main thing to understand is your own personal capability. If you are in a medsuit... put on vehicle armour, PERIOD.
    I completely agree with this, except that APTs are too boring. You literally just put your specials on a toolbar and spam tab + hotkey waiting for someone to show up. You can even do that without looking at your screen. Just being able to walk around, even slowly, would make it 1000x more interesting. All I'm really asking for is a walking APT.
    General of Nocturnal Fear
    Trypha 220/30/70 Engy | Trypothecary 220/30/69 Doc | Tryptophy 220/30/68 Crat | Trypocalypse 220/30/70 Sold | Tryharder 220/30/68 NT | Trypointy 220/x/x Shade | Peasantry 200/30/69 Keeper | Trycharm 150/20/42 Crat

All I'm really asking for is a walking APT.
    Yeah, the one with the low runspeed. Also make anti-mech launcher be a castable item, not equip. Or a 2nd equip. Mech-combat/anti-mech is currently too simple for ao tho. AO is about complexity, not just spamming specials.

Quote Originally Posted by Cyberleet View Post
    Yeah, the one with the low runspeed. Also make anti-mech launcher be a castable item, not equip. Or a 2nd equip. Mech-combat/anti-mech is currently too simple for ao tho. AO is about complexity, not just spamming specials.
    to be sure, that's exactly why FC added the LE mech system.

You got specials, you can kill anyone* with 1 normal hit and 3 specials that cap, sooo, whats not to like?

I've seen twinks get owned by APT's all the time. Heck, I always do. I always think: I can tank it! and at LEAST 50% of the time I get owned. It's the whole poin tof the mech system.

APT>>>People
    Assault mech>>>>APT
    AVB>>>>assault mech
    AVB<<<people

It's a perfect system to eliminate the "twink" problem.

@ Ed, of course you don't know how to respond to a good argument.

*except GA fixers

Coming from a twink's perceptive I'd rather fight other GEARED players than farming newbs. The only time it's a waste of time is when it's 3-4 twinks traveling in a zerg vs 1.

GOOD fights > farming newbs.
    Number
    Sliza
    Chewy

Firstly please tell me how long it take someone to learn ao and learn how to twink properly. Please add in how long it takes them to get enough money to pay for stuff, and the added level 220 guy needed to get items? Should be a fascinating answer. Dont forget twinking requires a lot of different items and implants.
    All of that has between very little and nothing to do with "learning how to play the game". Reading, farming items, asking for buffs, and right clicking items on isn't that difficult. It takes time but it's not alien technology, especially to anyone who already has some rpg/mmorpg experience.

Sounds like you are trying to make BS a pvper only zone, like i said already, without levelers bs and most pvp zone will not run. Dont fool yourself there actually isnt a lot of hardcore pvpers in AO. Also AO's pvp is to messed up (unbalanced) now, dont think incentives will bring anyone back from other games.
    What's funny is that here you say that there's not enough pvpers to make bs run but in the paragraph below you say how levelers want to pvp. I can't help but wonder what happens to those fictional levelers who have this strong desire to pvp after they hit 220? Maybe you should write a paradox experiment, edmaster's pvper, where the game has lots of people wanting to pvp but not enough pvpers!

Incentive you say, what can AO do to make pvpers happy? This should be interesting.
    Think I mentioned rewarding pvp like 50 times by now, try to pay attention.

Firstly, LEVELERS WANT TO DO PVP, everyone does. Leveling characters want to have fun in BS, they want to get kills even from level 10. The only reason most may apt (its also a strategy) and mech or afk, is because no one wants to get Farmed. I doubt if you took away the incentives for levelers and only have pvp incentives that bs will ever run.
    Problem is your doubts are only backed up by your ignorance. If people went to notum wars/tara in huge numbers with no incentive other than bot points imagine what actual tangible rewards would do.

Pafpuf, you can speak for yourself about not wanting to farm gimps, but because of human nature and lots of evidence, ill say my percentage is higher. A good number of people prey on weaker toons, and new people to ao, even you cant deny that fact.
    I can because it's, like I previously said, stupid prejudice. Thing is they're just easy to dispose of, doesn't have to mean we like it but one less as/stun/debuff/whatever is always a good thing. What am I supposed to do, ignore the lvl 215 agent capping aimedshots on me and CHing others in favor of focusing something else? You're clearly off your rocker.

BTW what in your view is a pvper.
    Pink elephants.

McKnuckleSamwich you in a different world, I dont even know how to respond to that.
    You just hit 10/10 on the irony scale.

I believe that it is impossible to balance solo/duel pvp and team/raid pvp at the same time.

I love team/raid play in pvm and all present team buffs and other mechanics, but at the same time in my opinion it ruins fun in team pvp.
    Take an average team of non twinked characters vs 1 highly twinked pvper and think about all AAO, AAD, add damage, evades, HoTs and put special blokers on top of that. Sudenly an average player becomes a supertwink vs selfbuffed highly twinked character. Then add assist macro on top of that and ... you have just ruined any fun and skill in pvp and twinking.

Before you reply with "make your own team and fight team vs team" I ll reply it is not fun (at least for me).
    Simple sollution to this would be to add one simple mechanics:
    - Once BS starts and all NCUs are wiped no teaming is possible!

Then you would see that all fights are more ballanced and involve more skill. Of course comunication would still be important and beneficial but the overal battle would be more like a series of duels or even 1vs 2 or 3 oponents but with much more skill involved. Real twinks and good pvpers would still have an edge but crappy "teams of kill farmers" would not be able to ruin fun.
    Awikun 220/70/30 Ranged adv - my Main that I hardly ever log
    Awisha 220/70/30 Shade - Can solo 95% of all bosses
    Cratawi 200/70/30 Crat - S7/DR Solo farmer
    Awiken 220/70/30 Eng - Pvm Eng
    Nukiwa 200/70/30 NT - almost forgotten (awaiting retwink)
    Awidoc 200/70/30 Doc - 200 fun pvp twink
    Awix 200/70/30 Fix - 200 fun pvp twink
    Awienf 220/70/30 Enf - tanked every single boss (and still lives)
    Soldawi 220/70/30 Sol - Pvm Sold
    Awima 150/xx/xx Ma - best S10 MA farmer
    Doctorawi 220/70/30 - Pvm Doc
    Awienfo 200/70/30 - Atrox with Pande red belt and 2xQL300 hammers
    Macierewicz 220/70/30 - Pvm Crat
    Zlakobieta 220/70/30 - max complit +top tradeskiller

Quote Originally Posted by Awikun View Post
    I believe that it is impossible to balance solo/duel pvp and team/raid pvp at the same time.

I love team/raid play in pvm and all present team buffs and other mechanics, but at the same time in my opinion it ruins fun in team pvp.
    Take an average team of non twinked characters vs 1 highly twinked pvper and think about all AAO, AAD, add damage, evades, HoTs and put special blokers on top of that. Sudenly an average player becomes a supertwink vs selfbuffed highly twinked character. Then add assist macro on top of that and ... you have just ruined any fun and skill in pvp and twinking.

Before you reply with "make your own team and fight team vs team" I ll reply it is not fun (at least for me).
    Simple sollution to this would be to add one simple mechanics:
    - Once BS starts and all NCUs are wiped no teaming is possible!

Then you would see that all fights are more ballanced and involve more skill. Of course comunication would still be important and beneficial but the overal battle would be more like a series of duels or even 1vs 2 or 3 oponents but with much more skill involved. Real twinks and good pvpers would still have an edge but crappy "teams of kill farmers" would not be able to ruin fun.
    It only makes sense that 3-6 people who team up should be able to kill 1 tryhard who refuses to team up for some ego/e-peen reason.
    I don't see why FC should makes changes to the game to make YOU happy.

Quote Originally Posted by Awikun View Post
    I believe that it is impossible to balance solo/duel pvp and team/raid pvp at the same time. I love team/raid play in pvm and all present team buffs and other mechanics, but at the same time in my opinion it ruins fun in team pvp. Take an average team of non twinked characters vs 1 highly twinked pvper and think about all AAO, AAD, add damage, evades, HoTs and put special blokers on top of that. Sudenly an average player becomes a supertwink vs selfbuffed highly twinked character. Then add assist macro on top of that and ... you have just ruined any fun and skill in pvp and twinking. Before you reply with "make your own team and fight team vs team" I ll reply it is not fun (at least for me). Simple sollution to this would be to add one simple mechanics: - Once BS starts and all NCUs are wiped no teaming is possible! Then you would see that all fights are more ballanced and involve more skill. Of course comunication would still be important and beneficial but the overal battle would be more like a series of duels or even 1vs 2 or 3 oponents but with much more skill involved. Real twinks and good pvpers would still have an edge but crappy "teams of kill farmers" would not be able to ruin fun.
    What makes you think gimp chars stand a better chance alone than when they're able to team up? They would only become easier kills because, in case you haven't noticed, the most impactful buffs in this game are ones that boost defenses. Unless you think that the selfbuffed gimp leveling char having an average lifespan of 3 seconds on the battlestation is having fun. Brilliant idea! What's also really funny is that here you want to turn the battlestation into a duel room while at the same time in this topic you're against the idea of a duel room. Go figure.

No, pvp is dead in AO because there's no incentive to participate, no reward for time spent pvping. You don't get the basics of why people play video games and what keeps them interested. Having a goal that will in one way or another improve your character is what keeps people motivated and interested in a game. Pvp in AO doesn't do that,
    Well I think pvp is dead/dying because it is not fun for your target audience. Aka pvm players. You have to understand a few truths to this game.

1. The majority of players in AO play because of the pvm not pvp.
    2. When pvm players pvp they do it for a change of pace NOT a change of religion.
    3. The pvm players rarely continue to pvp more than to get daily xp reward because it is not fun for them.

If you want more activity in pvp you have to appeal to your target audience to participate. "Rewards" is a smoke screen for you to get something out of the deal. The actual reward is 3x xp and vps for ofab gear for the pvm players. There is no new reward you can offer to make pvm players want to do something they dread...UNLESS you make it fun for them derp derp.

And here I thought that every mmo, video game, people will common sense, knows that if you want to people to keep playing you make it FUN FIRST!,

+1 IF pvp players REALLY wanted a challenge they would /duel more often.

You know the concept of my twink can beat your twink 1 on 1 type of challenge, instead of I can sneak up and alpha you when someone else has you at 75% health on battle station.

That said, if pvp'ers do in fact want a challenge, I don't see why they wouldn't support a change that would make levelers tougher to fight.
    *Repeat* IF pvp players REALLY wanted a challenge they would /duel more often.

You know the concept of my build of this prof is better than your build of that prof. Or my use and knowledge of prof tools will beat your use and knowledge in a stand up fight.

Quote Originally Posted by Chewy1 View Post
    Coming from a twink's perceptive I'd rather fight other GEARED players than farming newbs.

GOOD fights > farming newbs.
    *Repeat* IF pvp players REALLY wanted a challenge they would /duel more often.

The thing that makes me laugh the hardest is the bull$pit lines about "challenges in pvp" but the only thing they do is use PVM KITE TACTICS on players. roflol Is that how you test your self? Who has the most runspeed until their aimed shot recycles or longer lasting root/snares seriously?

***Can we be honest in the fact that pvp now a days looks just like dyna camp farming? Other players you treat like adds roflol. Ooo Ive got skillz yo! Give me a break.
    Last edited by Psikie; Oct 13th, 2014 at 15:11:18. Reason: Who got skillz
    ~Anyone can level, but only the wise gain experience~

*Bronto Burger, serving 10,000 high level noobs daily*

http://wolf-brigade.webs.com/

My Story

Don't feed the Mensa Tralalalala

Everyday I'm Shuffling.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast