Page 4 of 10 FirstFirst 12345678910 LastLast

Thread: Gauntlet Information Megathread

So we have a lot of whiners here, but let's solve important thing!!

Do we have timer for pop of next portal mob?
    Proud member of Czech Anarchy http://ao.pat.cz

Paja - soldier - 220/30 Equip || Pajatrader - trader - 220/30 Equip || Koprak - keeper - 220/30 Equip || Pajja - doctor - 220/30 Equip

RK2 has at least.
    Timer gauntlet_mob has 13 hrs 21 min 14 sec left [set by Brukspatron]
    At this very moment.
    Don't you just hate this kind of ppl
    http://redwing.hutman.net/%7Emreed/w...rouscranus.htm

The Gauntlet

Cant find any threads about it.
    So did anyone make it past 2nd room?, my team didnt:P

Funcom employee

Just so everyone's aware up front: After looking at some stuff on testlive today, it turns out that the "final reward" from the last boss is *not* currently working right - One of those cases where it works perfectly internally and, due to one NPC nano not making it into the actual 'built update' patch for live/testlive the whole thing's a bit pear-shaped. You can still loot the item from the boss, you can still turn it in, but unfortunately that's where the process stops. >< So you can still get all the actual loot-loot (shoulderpads, chest piece, tradeskill upgrade items, etc. etc.) from the encounter and final boss, but the 'special reward' currently cannot be turned in for any benefit.

We are looking at putting together a build for next week that will address these and other minor issues that have cropped up in this update, and we'll keep you guys informed on more as we get things settled. =)
    Last edited by Kintaii; Oct 27th, 2011 at 22:40:05.
    Brad L. McAtee / Kintaii
    Former Senior AO Designer & Jack of All Trades
    (2007 - 2012)
    ~~ Twitter :: Facebook :: Norse Noir ~~

Hmm, no hurry, not too many of them will go around... ;D
    Ekarona 220/30 Female Solitus Engineer, long term member of Northern Star and proper "poor" gimp.
    Ekaslave 220/low Female Solitus Trader, FLAT(TM) pricing TS, almost all can do!
    Ekaros almost there/almost there too Male Solitus Martial-Artist.
    Ekadv gimp/gimp Female Opifex Adventurer

See if you find it warranted to further fix db3 based on this, http://forums.anarchy-online.com/sho...=594491&page=2
    thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Nanofat View Post
    It seems to me that FC havn't really re-implimented a Pande-like system where the players will organize themselves. The competitive nature of the fight itself will ensure that nobody "should" see any merit in waiting for others or participating in bots.

It can't be split between Omni/Clan and raidpoints can't work because the looters are the top team, not the people who've participated the most.

The only likley solution is that once the selection of elite players have recieved their items by repeatedly becoming the victors - their enthusiasm will drop; they're top characters will be shelved in favour of alts and other teams will start winning.
    Yeah, and I really like that you can't come on main and loot on alt either. In time that means anyone who's serious about their character will get it.

Nearly Successful Gauntlet Run

Our team of 6 (you remember, the ones who brought flags and attempted to kill portal mob to lock everyone else out) nearly completed the Gauntlet instance.

We managed to kill all 4 bosses and made it to the final boss: Azi Dahaka

Upon zoning to the boss, there appears to be no floor? As soon as we zoned, we fell to the bottom and were zoned to Omni-HQ. Anyone else have an experience like this?

We looted everything up to that point. Should have a list of tradeskilled items shortly.

How do I maked bomb?
    Because Race Yalm

Can we haz floor pwetty pwease?! We made it all the way there (first on server i believe?) but we fell instantly down as we zoned up to the final boss.

Hlap!

Funcom employee

Question: Were you guys in a team or were you in a raid? There is an active anti-raiding mechanic on the final platform to force players to remain in six-man teams against the final boss - Adding in notification of this to the entrance portal was on my to-do list but unfortunately I didn't get the change finished in time for the last build. >< If this is the case, then my apologies for there not being a warning about this upon entering the instance; this will be addressed in the next update.

However if you were *not* in a raid, please let me know any and all details you can about exactly what happened. 'cause otherwise that ain't right.

Edit: Anyone from RK2 know how tonight's run went? I really wanted to be online to watch it but I kinda ended up dozing off. >< wtb more sleep
    Last edited by Kintaii; Oct 28th, 2011 at 02:52:34.
    Brad L. McAtee / Kintaii
    Former Senior AO Designer & Jack of All Trades
    (2007 - 2012)
    ~~ Twitter :: Facebook :: Norse Noir ~~

*sigh* Yes we were in a 6 man team, but we turned it into a raid so I could see their health bars better and heal more effectively.

There was no warning.

However, yesterday when we attempted it with a raid interface including 2 teams (12 people), only the 1st team was allowed in. Everyone else was kicked out upon entry.

We are still here in a team. Any chance you could hop in game and put us back up there?
    Real shame to have waited all day in order to see the boss and then watch the smile on his face as we fell through the floor due to something that was never implemented or specified.

Nurfs!!!! That sucks man

Please put us back up there so we can at least *try* it!

*puppy dog eyes*

EDIT: Thanks for the warp Kintaii, that was fun !

"Remains of Azi Dahaka"

Last edited by Aikey; Oct 28th, 2011 at 04:08:32.

Quote Originally Posted by Kintaii View Post
    Edit: Anyone from RK2 know how tonight's run went? I really wanted to be online to watch it but I kinda ended up dozing off. >< wtb more sleep
    My team got killed (1 by 1 ) by shades on the 2nd floor, not sure if anyone had success completing raid.

Quote Originally Posted by Lletah View Post
    My team got killed (1 by 1 ) by shades on the 2nd floor, not sure if anyone had success completing raid.
    this. I blame scumtron tho, I'm sure it's his fault in some way.
    Former Assistant Director of Pack of Noobs

Fake Friday with Means, and it worked!

The Gauntlet - Completed (1st on Server)

Server First: Our team, comprised of Enlightned / Anaconda / Drseverity / Icalms / Crataiken / and Deiligst have successfully completed "The Gauntlet" instance

We made it to the boss and were, unfortunately, bugged. (It would seem that the final boss has an anti-raid counter to it that prevents anyone who is in a raid from remaining on the platform. You are immediately deported down below - There is supposed to be a warning for this but it never made it into the game. Will come soon)

Kintaii, however, was kind enough to put us back up there to give us a shot at killing it (Unfortunately, Deiligst had to log)

We managed to kill it and win the loot
    However it would seem that the "Dark Energy" that you need to turn into the NPC is bugged.

This is the conversation we had (I didn't save the item because it is on a 2h temp timer)

Elliot Fairlane: Hello. Do you have something for me?

Drseverity: I do!

Elliot Fairlane: Perfect. I'll take it now, then.

The atrox tilts his head slightly, regarding the odd string of energy before quickly tucking it into a small vial hidden within his pocket.

Elliot Fairlane: Hmmm... yes, perfect. This will do nicely. I've been authorized by my department heads to offer a reward on mission success - This should do it for now. Next time you find another sample, be sure to bring it back to me, understood? Meantime, if you want your reward, I'll need your wrist.

The loot consisted of 3 upgrades to armor, "Fatou", "Mandlebrot", and "Collatz", we had 3 Left Shoulderplates drop, 1 Right Shoulderplate, 2 Back Armor's, Dark Energy (Turned in for a reward), and 8x NCU Infusers.

Fun instance FC Gratz to my fellow teammates!
    Omni ftw!

& it was pretty easy & fast 'till both crats got knocked off!

I reckon Kintaii poked 'em myself, but alas we'll never know!

Fun instance.

Any1 knows is the loot is static on the bosses?
    I'm guessing it's always 3 bits of armot + stuff to ts for the upgrades, but are the armor pieces always the same?
    Like last night we god x2 tank armor and x1 left shoulder on first floor.

If it's static it would make sense to pre-roll stuff so you can zone faster.

Tradeskills are here ..... http://forums.anarchy-online.com/sho...d.php?t=594872

Already done in the evening at Testserver but was to sleepy to kill at 3am at Rk1
    And still curious about that special buff *g

Has anyone thought about placing a Pit Lizard on the portal yet? I would love to see that happen. Very drama-oriented this new instance. <3

Page 4 of 10 FirstFirst 12345678910 LastLast