Page 5 of 13 FirstFirst 12345678910111213 LastLast

Thread: Monthly Development Update - 2nd June 2014

Quote Originally Posted by Spead View Post
    Xootch, NW is free now, they changed that years ago...
    hadnt noticed. paid the same ever since i started playing. but sounds like you wanna pick up the tab?

Quote Originally Posted by Bluecheeze2 View Post
    I counted 9 guitars.
    Quote Originally Posted by Vgman01 View Post
    With a kite team you generaly pay for your lvls. Imo this makes it ok..
    Pocket teaming is fine to because (most of the time) players actualy step up and kill the hecklers.
    Quote Originally Posted by Hvyshadows View Post
    OST is actually a good thing. In many Ely heck teams where there is a pocket the rest of the team sits around and chats every once in awhile.

Sharptony has no idea what he is honestly talking about when it comes to Traders obviously.

"Let's fix drains by giving them an even LONGER recharge!"

HAHAHAHAHAHAHA. Yeah, let's just ignore the fact that the drain recharge at 220 is the reason why Traders fall flat to ANYTHING WITH AN ALPHA.
    Pricecuts - 220 Trader
    Feel free to contact me via PM or in-game.

Raggy - 220 Bureaucrat || Raggeh - 220 Fixer | Back as 'Raggys' - Shade for the time being. | Nuclei - 217 Nanotechnician || Nanobiology - 214 Doctor

Tip #743: As noted in Tip #244, tea bags have an infinite variety of uses. However, there's always one jerk who will want to give you crap over drinking tea. Particularly if in a new town, use this as an opportunity to assert yourself. Any drunken idiot can win a bar fight. It takes a real man to win a bar fight while enjoying a cup of Earl Grey.

Quote Originally Posted by Raggy View Post
    Sharptony has no idea what he is honestly talking about when it comes to Traders obviously.

"Let's fix drains by giving them an even LONGER recharge!"

HAHAHAHAHAHAHA. Yeah, let's just ignore the fact that the drain recharge at 220 is the reason why Traders fall flat to ANYTHING WITH AN ALPHA.
    what?

Quote Originally Posted by Xootch View Post
    what?
    Trader defence is based on opponent AR, if you can't land your drain, you don't have defence. Anything that has a Faceroll Alpha with high base AR (Enfos, Shades etc) will just walk over you all day every day.
    Pricecuts - 220 Trader

Raggy - 220 Bureaucrat || Raggeh - 220 Fixer | Back as 'Raggys' - Shade for the time being. | Nuclei - 217 Nanotechnician || Nanobiology - 214 Doctor

Tip #743: As noted in Tip #244, tea bags have an infinite variety of uses. However, there's always one jerk who will want to give you crap over drinking tea. Particularly if in a new town, use this as an opportunity to assert yourself. Any drunken idiot can win a bar fight. It takes a real man to win a bar fight while enjoying a cup of Earl Grey.

cringed so hard watching this video lmaooooo

"are you waiting for these muscles to get bigger?"
    > shows 11 inch arms

LOOOOOOL

holy fk what a weirdo

Quote Originally Posted by Aiken View Post
    I cant say i've heard that much objection to open inspect from the folks I know...Certainly not enough to make anyone lose their mind over it at least.
    Well, everyone I have spoken to about it objects to it.

Like it! Lotta truth in that.
    Quote Originally Posted by Nuadha View Post
    Well, everyone I have spoken to about it objects to it.
    I mean I don't like inspect cause I spent a lot of time making my twinks the way they are and I don't want to be copied.
    Other people don't like it cause they are afraid they will be too gimp to get teams or they just don't want anyone to look under their skirts.

We didn't have inspect in 13 years so why do we need it now? No cheater is gonna get caught that way, that's fact.
    Just a bunch of false reports against people with good twinks. Why would we have to do FC's job anyway. They gotta catch their own sploiters.
    Starts with the f'ed up economy or the DM exploits in NW, if they really cared.
    So the whole inspect thing is gonna fail but it will anger a lot of folks, what's good about that?

I really don't get what FC is doing, seems all random stuff, no real plan where to go with AO. Somebody tell me please!
    Instead of pissing people off every month, why not make a patch that all players like?
    Ain't that hard really, fix some old bugs, implement some good ideas like shared org banks and 99% will be happy.

Quote Originally Posted by Xootch View Post
    hadnt noticed. paid the same ever since i started playing. but sounds like you wanna pick up the tab?
    No thanks, the £17/18 per account I pay is enough
    Devil Inside

Spead 220/30 Fixer Fpea 170/24 Agent
    Default1025 144/18 Trader Imaganker 75/8 Agent
    Franklucas 30/3 Trader Battleprod 13/0 Trader
    And exactly 137 other alts that you dont need to know

Zazen stance seems neat, but I see no reason to not extend that. Have a series of nanoprograms that would buff healing capabilities at the cost of damage. Instead of lowering crit bonus, just put it in the same nano line as the crit buffs. Rename the crit buffs, treat them all as "stances".
    Lilkueg 220/26/6x Opifex Shade
    Kuegen 211/11 Atrox Enforcer
    And Many More!

This :-
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AXgD1EeSCQU

(Not my vid but sums it up for me)
    Caloss2 LVL 220 melee VANGUARD (semi retired).....Llewlyn 220/30/70 meepmeep.....Boooocal 220../30/70 Soldier.......Knack 220/30/70 Keeper.....Hiesenberg 215/xx/xx NT NERFED Neytiri1 220/30/70 Shade Knacker220/30/70Meat shield
    https://www.youtube.com/user/caloss2 for guides/walkthroughs/letsplays and all your other AO needs
    Quote Originally Posted by Mastablasta
    In my special design documents that I feed to the FC devs, who are my willing slaves.

Hlap gnak!
    Thor Mastablasta Hammersmith - Level 220, AI 30, LE 70 Clan Atrox Nano Technician - Setup
    The Red Brotherhood

I'm a Nano-Technician, don't ever expect me to fight unbuffed, alone or fair.

Means: about f'ing time :P
    Satenia: heresy <3
    Znore: Mastablasta <3
    Kinkstaah: I have agro from many mobs ;(
    Madarab: we are aoe class, we are supose to use pistols
    Marxgorm: the NT toolset does not fit into my raiding tactics

Quote Originally Posted by caloss2 View Post
    this :-
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AXgD1EeSCQU

(not my vid but sums it up for me)
    1:10-1:15 .. could be me every time I've read 1 of the last few updates.

I like the ma and trader changes... I find them bright in principle... ofc, the devil lies in the details as it usually does, but I find nothing immediately awful there, from the data given. Traders will downplay their toolset as we all do when a hint of a nerf to our toolset is made public. I'm not even sure it's a nerf.

Normally, companies don't put stuff in production on internet in a hurry. There is a long process for that. Simpler to just run a regexp script on the logs.

Peeps, there is a difference between going bonkers for any reason and going bonkers for a good reason. In the first case, you are just crippling the ability of the game to evolve... which is the best way to kill it. Most people do not work well when their work is constantly undervalued. My personal rule for that was "f*** them" and hop onto the internet for an hour.

The engine is currently following a decent schedule and seems bound to go live in a couple months... which we should be happy about, whatever the amount of ice-ages it took to get there.
    There are no problem that an absence of solution could'nt solve

Wielder of the "IWin" button.

Can we have some numbers on the MA changes, the changes are semi descriptive.. there's numbers like 30s duration, heal eff mod+, reduce to 1 nanopool, but there arent any numbers on the crit and dmg reduction..

Same goes for trader changes, they are descriptive, no actual numbers.

And while you are at it, might as well look at the problem where, perks check defense at que time, not execution time. If qued properly, target will still be perked even at the end of execuiton you have 0 AR.
    With a kite team you generaly pay for your lvls. Imo this makes it ok..
    Pocket teaming is fine to because (most of the time) players actualy step up and kill the hecklers.
    Quote Originally Posted by Hvyshadows View Post
    OST is actually a good thing. In many Ely heck teams where there is a pocket the rest of the team sits around and chats every once in awhile.

Quote Originally Posted by schloops View Post
    I like the ma and trader changes... I find them bright in principle... ofc, the devil lies in the details as it usually does, but I find nothing immediately awful there, from the data given. Traders will downplay their toolset as we all do when a hint of a nerf to our toolset is made public. I'm not even sure it's a nerf.
    Downplay what exactly? Based on the OP we could be losing a frankly HUGE chunk of our AAD. It's like Crats losing CiB, it's that level of defensive loss.
    Pricecuts - 220 Trader

Remember guys these things *are* subject to change given GOOD feedback, not just knee-jerk Turkey-Lurky reactions
    One profession to RoO them all, one profession to proc stun them, one profession to calm them all and in the darkness Exp perk them!

Crataiken 220/30/70 General - Primal Evolution - 3rd AI 30 'Crat on RK 1 Setup
    Calms 220/30/70 General - Primal Evolution
    Medicaiken 220/30/70 General - Primal Evolution Setup
    Newen 220/30/70 President - The Galactic Milieu
    Mettagirl 220/20/** General - Primal Evolution
    Krataiken 150/18/40 General - Primal Evolution Setup

The MA and trader change is a change in the right direction.

Quote Originally Posted by Aiken View Post
    Remember guys these things *are* subject to change given GOOD feedback, not just knee-jerk Turkey-Lurky reactions
    that would be a first. sort of hard to do though, without numbers.

Page 5 of 13 FirstFirst 12345678910111213 LastLast