Thread: Using XP pool to increase XP gain efficiency.

Using XP pool to increase XP gain efficiency.

I'm sure this has been discussed before but I can't find any evidence for it. I was talking with a very veteran player the other night and they told me they were pooling their XP because it was more efficient to do so... I was very confused. They explained it as follows.

Pre title level 4 with the best buffs you will get about 120k XP per Cyborg kill (PW and Mort), but once you level up to 100 and hit title level 5 the XP per kill will instantly go down to 60-80k per kill. So they would set at 99th level and turn off XP gains (so it would go into their pool) and nearly max out their pool before starting to level again.

So check to see if I understand all this correctly.

1: Your XP per kill changes based on your title level and you character level.
    2: As a froob, the best XP per hour you can get is killing borgs at < 99th level for 120k per kill.
    3: XP put into your pool is never actually lost, and will come back to you over time.

Is that correct?

I ask because I relayed this info to another very veteran player and they said it was all nonsense and you should just level up as normal.

As your level increases that mobs stays the same the rewards for killing those mobs decreases, but you normally go and kill bigge rmobs as you level witch in turn gives bigger rewards and should level you faster by that fact alone.

You should also note that the max xp you can get from a single mob assuming you have no pool is 10% of the total amount needed for next level.
    There is a set limit to you pool as well, 200m, if you got xp gains diabled it normally goes into pool, but if it's full.... well you don't get more
    Last edited by nanoforcer; Mar 1st, 2014 at 11:48:20.
    Don't you just hate this kind of ppl
    http://redwing.hutman.net/%7Emreed/w...rouscranus.htm

above guy is saying right things but posting in a misleading way because of his misinformed nature. What you are saying in the OP is the right thing to do. get 200m pool at 99 before lvling more. GL

Might be worth it to stay at some level, but it seems boring
    From the beginning of 99 to 144, you need 203,033,800 XP.
    Last edited by nanoforcer; Mar 1st, 2014 at 18:24:41.
    Don't you just hate this kind of ppl
    http://redwing.hutman.net/%7Emreed/w...rouscranus.htm

You see that is what I had guessed was the case. To further elaborate the scenario assume the following criteria.

1: You get 120k XP per cyborg kill at 99th level (title level 3).
    2: You get 80k XP per cyborg kill at 100th level (title level 4).
    3: You can kill cyborgs in PW as fast as they spawn at 99th level and 100th level.
    4: You can kill 250 cyborgs per hour.

Assuming all those things are true here are some stats on the time required at level 99 and 100 to get 200 million XP.

99th level: 6.67 Hours
    100th level: 10 Hours

So you save 3.33 hours time getting that XP if you do it at 99th level under the stated conditions. Add in the fact that you can get a buff to increase the XP regained from your pool by a substantial number and it wont even take that long to get the pool emptied.

Does this all seem correct? Did I understand the principle?

Yes, you've understood the principle.
    ::: My Tools & Stuff :::
    ::: Cratine Savagedheals Enfine Zoewrangle Demoder :: Solitron Demotionform :: IRC Demoder Savagedlight :::
    ::: AOItems :: Blog :: CIDB :: HelpBot :: ItemsBot :: PlanetMap Viewer :: Tower Wars :: Twitter :::

I think I might be the player who said it was nonsense, but I see the logic in it now.

The fact that xp gains from a mob kill is counted before pool xp is added made me believe it was pointless to pool xp on purpose.

But I realize now that if you are going to be killing 100 borgs... it better to be killing them for more xp..even if you get that xp later you are still getting more of it..... killing 100 borgs at level 99 for 120k earns you 12m xp but killing 100 borgs at lvl 100 for 80k earns you only 8m xp.

So if you turn off xp at the right point and spend a lot of time pooling that xp it can be worth it.

Just a caveat, the pooling is helpful only if you are mostly killing mobs (borg) for xp. If the majority of your xp comes from dailies, then you will be stunting your growth as the xp scales with level.

Quote Originally Posted by pigudou View Post
    Just a caveat, the pooling is helpful only if you are mostly killing mobs (borg) for xp. If the majority of your xp comes from dailies, then you will be stunting your growth as the xp scales with level.
    I agree, but there are still some cases where pooling the XP from dailies are desireable; For example if you want to stick at a given level for a while, for whatever reason. Better have that easy XP in pool than not at all.
    ::: My Tools & Stuff :::
    ::: Cratine Savagedheals Enfine Zoewrangle Demoder :: Solitron Demotionform :: IRC Demoder Savagedlight :::
    ::: AOItems :: Blog :: CIDB :: HelpBot :: ItemsBot :: PlanetMap Viewer :: Tower Wars :: Twitter :::

Question...I was sitting a toon at 100% research at 199 for about a week while getting research lvls up to 8's, however i swapped to wrong research to one that was on 4 and I dinged 200. Now I got the message about no longer gaining xp and only SK. So I am not sure if the xp drop off is going to hit me now or only once I ding 201? Any verification.
    ~Anyone can level, but only the wise gain experience~

*Bronto Burger, serving 10,000 high level noobs daily*

http://wolf-brigade.webs.com/

My Story

Don't feed the Mensa Tralalalala

Everyday I'm Shuffling.

The drop-off is at 199, so most people do level 9s at 199 then ding for the level 10 researches
    Dysfunktion.
    Trypants.
    Setup.
    One bright day in the middle of the night,
    Two dead boys got up to fight.
    Back to back they faced each other,
    Drew their swords, and Shot each other.
    A deaf policeman heard the noise,
    He came and killed those two dead boys.
    If you don't believe this lie is true... ask the Blind Man, He saw it too.

Ah so I already past my mark...not point sitting around at 200 then correct?

My Story

Everyday I'm Shuffling.

Yup, as Dysfunction wrote.
    It is worth to stay level 199 to finish all level 9 research (if you want to have level 200 twink with all level 10 research).
    If you want to level it up to 220 then there is no point of doing 100% research at level 200.
    Awikun 220/70/30 Ranged adv - my Main that I hardly ever log
    Awisha 220/70/30 Shade - Can solo 95% of all bosses
    Cratawi 200/70/30 Crat - S7/DR Solo farmer
    Awiken 220/70/30 Eng - Pvm Eng
    Nukiwa 200/70/30 NT - almost forgotten (awaiting retwink)
    Awidoc 200/70/30 Doc - 200 fun pvp twink
    Awix 200/70/30 Fix - 200 fun pvp twink
    Awienf 220/70/30 Enf - tanked every single boss (and still lives)
    Soldawi 220/70/30 Sol - Pvm Sold
    Awima 150/xx/xx Ma - best S10 MA farmer
    Doctorawi 220/70/30 - Pvm Doc
    Awienfo 200/70/30 - Atrox with Pande red belt and 2xQL300 hammers
    Macierewicz 220/70/30 - Pvm Crat
    Zlakobieta 220/70/30 - max complit +top tradeskiller

Im at all lvl 7-8's so ill just keep research set at 50% or 75% and continue to level nice and easy.

My Story

Everyday I'm Shuffling.

If you're paid, then there is no reason at all to stay at 99 and farm up xp, because one hour in ely kite hill will generate you A LOT of lvls.
    Thapetowner
    Hardcore
    Ilovetokill
    Critterz
    Awaaa

errr... you're missing a number, bronukes.
    Ghosts of Rimor
    Gorastopr 220 MA Doctor :: No pew pew. Thwack thwack.
    Goratinkr TL5 OT Hurler Factotum Engineer :: Bringin' the thunder since 2008.
    Scrubup 100 Bow Doctor :: Will she ever get out of perk reset? Stay tuned!
    Ghosts of Atlantean
    Unda TL7 MA Engineer :: Crying for more crit.
    Measles LVL1 Pistol Doctor :: It takes 2 stims to self the Expertises.

Quote Originally Posted by Le-Quack View Post
    i might be a troll