Thread: Doing research

Doing research

whats better doing full research as a lvl 199 with xp

or
    as a lvl 200 with sk?

Unless you went from 160'ish to 200 doing nothing but Penumbra and inferno missions you will be quite a bit short of 50k faction with redeemed/unredeemed, since sk-gain is multiplied by [your faction]/50k you will hurt a bit doing research at 200. For neutrals substitute pen/ inf missions with high level brink mobs ( Hecklers LotV(?) etc.) that give faction with Guardian of Shadow. Also at 199 you still get xp from RK-stuff, this not hugely significant but every little bit helps. OTOH some profs get awesome-guud perks and stuff at 200 so it is really up to you how you want to play it out.

My highly subjective advice is to finish your level 6 and 7 research at least before going for 200 but if you have a reasonably good source for inf-missions and ofc, if you can stomach doing many of them then it does not really matter a lot, you will make fast progress.
    Last edited by Notcrattey; Today at 05:51:45. Reason: Didn't actually edit it, was a mistake!

Quote Originally Posted by Dogtrauma View Post
    since sk-gain is multiplied by [your faction]/50k you will hurt a bit doing research at 200.
    faction does not affect research gain. dailies at 199 do give more than at 200, however.. the smugglers den elite daily is very nice for the pre-level 9 research, but if you plan on just grinding inf it shouldnt matter a whole lot either way

As Dogtrauma wrote doing it as lev 199 is always better than at level 200.

However there is one more important factor. If you plan/can going fast to level 215 (or even better 220) without doing any research than it will take you less time to do high level research because at 220 your SK rewards (from quests/DOJAs/dailies etc) will be a lot higher than at level 199/200 it does not matter for research level 1-8 but for 9 and 10 you will not get capped reward at level 199/200 but you may doing it on 220.

There is a cap of 10% of SK needed for research level so for example at level 220 with 100% research it will take you 10 quests/dailies to do 1 line of research 9 (or maybe 10)
    At level 199/200 it would take more as your XP/SK reward is lower than 10% of total needed for research.
    Awikun 220/70/30 Ranged adv - my Main that I hardly ever log
    Awisha 220/70/30 Shade - Can solo 95% of all bosses
    Cratawi 200/70/30 Crat - S7/DR Solo farmer
    Awiken 220/70/30 Eng - Pvm Eng
    Nukiwa 200/70/30 NT - almost forgotten (awaiting retwink)
    Awidoc 200/70/30 Doc - 200 fun pvp twink
    Awix 200/70/30 Fix - 200 fun pvp twink
    Awienf 220/70/30 Enf - tanked every single boss (and still lives)
    Soldawi 220/70/30 Sol - Pvm Sold
    Awima 150/xx/xx Ma - best S10 MA farmer
    Doctorawi 220/70/30 - Pvm Doc
    Awienfo 200/70/30 - Atrox with Pande red belt and 2xQL300 hammers
    Macierewicz 220/70/30 - Pvm Crat
    Zlakobieta 220/70/30 - max complit +top tradeskiller

Last edited by Notcrattey; Today at 05:51:45. Reason: Didn't actually edit it, was a mistake!

Didn't someone do tests that declared that the shown amount of SK to research is false and that it in the end doesn't include faction in the conversion?
    General of Horizon. Member of Unity. Frequent visitor of Free Spirits and The Last Element.

Nave [ 220 Solitus Fixer ] Qien [ 220 Solitus Engineer ] Navezero [ 200 Solitus Soldier ]
    Rafeg
    [ 150 Opifex Agent ] Midriff [ 60 Atrox Soldier ] Lowriff [ 30 Atrox Keeper ]

Also: Giant horde of alts.

If you can, get levels 1-8 of Personal Research done by L199. Research levels 1-8 account for only 9.37% percent of your total research. Levels 9 and 10 account for the other 90.63% of Personal Research. LE Personal Research Breakdown (Google Spreadsheet).

My personal stragety for Research Levels 9 and 10 was to throw everything to 100% research once I got to L215 and was doing Hard Inferno missions as the default. All SK from kills went into research, and overflow (mission rewards) went into SK.

The one thing you absolutely do not want to do is hit L220 before your Personal Research is complete. If you're L220 without complete Personal Research a good chunk of your mission reward SK is lost due to the caps that can go into Research. If you're not L220 the SK overflow that can't go into Research goes into your SK pool for level advancement. Yeah, anyone L220 when LE came out got a little bit screwed on the deal, which is why my characters still don't have completed research.
    Last edited by Glarawyn; Sep 7th, 2012 at 19:24:50.
    Glarawyn L220 OT Adventurer
    It's good to be furry.
    ----
    Lilredhot L220 OT Enforcer
    Don't mind me, I tank without a helmet.
    ----
    Gunslinger19 L150 OT Soldier
    There's a word for people who think everyone's out to get them: perceptive.

well my curent lvl is 185 and i am gonna stop lvling at 200 for s7 /bs

i have 6 research done on all lines

p.s. thx for reply

oh and my current guardian faction is 31 k

Grind all your Lvl9 research at 199, ding 200 and grind Lvl10 research.
    Faction grind is easy as pie if you're sided, just get a 220 to roll a hard inf mish, blitz to boss, and kill (you don't even need to move from the entrance), for a Neut you'll need to tag along on some Pande raids killing the Beast to maximize it easily.

220s "Wakizaka", "Sneakygank", "Wakimango", "Wakisolja", "Tardersauce", "Bushwaki", "Midgetgank", "Bugfixxx", "Ramsbottom", "Paskadoc"
    200s Chrisd, Malema, Delbaeth
    TL5s Youfail, Bugfixx, Riothamus, Johndee

Proud President of Haven | TL5 PvP

it might be easier to get infe team with 215+ toon
    but if you are going to stop at 200, then i suppose its best to do what everyone suggests and do researches at 199 :/
    You hit Tarasque with nanobots for 18280 points of melee damage.
    First shade with Blades of Boltar
    ---
    How much is enough?
    Member of Halinallet!

Doing it at 199 has the advantage of getting better daily mission reward, however faction does not affect research. And at level 200 you have access to stronger items which in turn might make getting the research xp/sk easier.