Page 9 of 13 FirstFirst 12345678910111213 LastLast

Thread: City Plot Prices and Upkeep

Quote Originally Posted by Windguaerd View Post
    You made more from S10, than I ever did from there or ingots. Also the "exploit" creds you claim are in-game, where removed during the time of Means. Billions were removed, and the items bought with the credits were removed as well which made a LOT of people either rage quit or take a break from AO because they got burned due to other players greed. One of the most memorable things, is that a few people went and bought (with either exploit or chinese creds) pretty much all the high QL combined alien armor to then resell at a higher price... it was all removed, the creds and the items bought with them.
    I can say pretty confidently they weren't. At least not for the sploit situation I'm aware of. It had gone on for so long there was absolutely no hope of undoing even a small bit of the damage.
    Because Race Yalm

You made more from S10, than I ever did from there or ingots. Also the "exploit" creds you claim are in-game, where removed during the time of Means. Billions were removed, and the items bought with the credits were removed as well which made a LOT of people either rage quit or take a break from AO because they got burned due to other players greed. One of the most memorable things, is that a few people went and bought (with either exploit or chinese creds) pretty much all the high QL combined alien armor to then resell at a higher price... it was all removed, the creds and the items bought with them.
    MajorOutage said I what I was going to say. I recall actually seeing a post about it, but I couldn't find anything when searching Means' posts about credits or exploits. I did find this bit though:

Quote Originally Posted by Means View Post
    What's the next expansion / booster called (after the engine update)?

Unnamed as of yet but there are plans to release one in 2012.

Yep, sit and play AO all day and then call others lazy while hoarding leetness

Quote Originally Posted by Thwarn View Post
    Maybe you should re-consider wether your guild NEEDS one. .
    Nobody needs a city.

What I think we need is a more friendly game to new players, not this.
    Disclaimer: My posts should not be read by anyone.

Quote Originally Posted by Esssch View Post
    MajorOutage said I what I was going to say. I recall actually seeing a post about it, but I couldn't find anything when searching Means' posts about credits or exploits. I did find this bit though:
    It's based on personal in-game chats I had with him.
    Twitch Channel - Youtube Channel - Twitter - Facebook - Pinterest
    AO Universe - By Players, For Players! The #1 AO Fansite Worldwide - Site Founder (Retired). | AOSpeak - Unofficial AO Teamspeak 3 Server - Founder (Retired). | AO Recipebook - In-Game Recipe/Tradeskill Bot - Founder (Retired).
    Founding member of the Council of Truth Clerical Staff.
    Keep in mind: My posts are my own personal views and thoughts.

Funcom employee

And that's enough exploits discussion.

Let me remind you exploits are not a topic of discussion on this forum.
    My posts are my own and do not reflect the views of my current nor former employers/clients

Remco "Vhab" van Oosterhout
    Former Anarchy Online Game Programmer

Live Chat Support | E-mail Support | Forum Rules | AODevs | Vha.Chat

Sorry, but you were never actually in S10, were you?
    Yeah, I was doing the S10 thing, and the ingot thing before that. However my personal play-style was to utilise the game mechanics of farming for items I fitted my toons out with and only on the very rare occasions did I resort to buying stuff.

My main point there though (as everybody seemed to instantly pick up on the creds issue) was that people like having smaller guilds, due to them being "friends", and these humanistic relationships should not be a matter of control for the Devs by attempting to force everybody into larger orgs.

Personally I belong to a larger org and its associated alliances. I gave up my cities a long time ago because it was a false economy with regards to time-sink. I prefer to play with friends, doing fun stuff. Not farming for shop food to try and maintain something that is a relatively small element of the game for me.

That being said, I do <3 FC for trying different things and approaches out.

Oh, and I also <3 Lazy ... just because I do!
    Equilibrium may refer to: The condition of a system in which all competing influences are balanced, in a wide variety of contexts
    Infinity may refer to: The state or quality of being infinite. A number greater than any assignable quantity or countable number (symbol ∞).
    Vengeance may refer to: Vengeance (concept) or revenge, a harmful action against a person or group in response to a grievance

AO Item Assistant+ :: https://sourceforge.net/projects/aoiaplus/::

~~~~~~~~~~~~ Dream ~~~~~~~~~~~~
    "Not a rant, not a flame. Just another perspective."

I really don't like the idea that, while losing my special on-RK city, something that was a part of the games world and felt worth spending tons of credits on. I am now stuck paying far extra for a soulless cookie cutter, instanced PF that could serve its game purpose without even being a city at all.

The allure of owning a unique part of RK, having shops, having the means to quickly travel to your favorite hunting ground or tower field is all gone and all we have left is the cred sink that gives a few passive buffs and the ability to city raid. In my opinion, the least that could be done is have the rent be lower. I am not very amused by the tactics being presented to try to push people into larger orgs. I think having instanced cities and content in the first place works against that more than anything.

Quote Originally Posted by Vhab View Post
    And that's enough exploits discussion.

Let me remind you exploits are not a topic of discussion on this forum.
    And not even a nod towards the actual discussion at hand. Classy.
    Quote Originally Posted by Dream View Post
    Personally I belong to a larger org and its associated alliances. I gave up my cities a long time ago because it was a false economy with regards to time-sink. I prefer to play with friends, doing fun stuff. Not farming for shop food to try and maintain something that is a relatively small element of the game for me.
    I'll admit I haven't logged on in close to a year, but the last time I logged on, I wouldn't have classified Vengeance as a large org. I was a Squad Commander in the guild when it was still known as Vengeance of the Clans. Heck, I joined when it was still called Venganxe of the Clans {UF}, way back in 2002. My keeper is still a Veteran in the guild and whenever I'd log him on, I'd see at most 2-3 people online in Vengeance. Not sure if you can really claim the activity of alliance orgs and say that your org is large due to it. Vengeance was once great (they might be again for all I know) so I'm sure they can afford the new cities, but with how inactive it looked when I last played, I can see why you'd want rent lowered.

I do get annoyed that s10 is blamed for everything that has gone wrong in the game.....
    Utopia
    The continued search for an ideal community possessing a perfect socio-politico-legal system.

“ The first thing a child should learn is how to endure. It is what he will have most need to know. ” — Jean-Jacques Rousseau

Quote Originally Posted by Xirayne View Post
    I really don't like the idea that, while losing my special on-RK city, something that was a part of the games world and felt worth spending tons of credits on. I am now stuck paying far extra for a soulless cookie cutter, instanced PF that could serve its game purpose without even being a city at all.

The allure of owning a unique part of RK, having shops, having the means to quickly travel to your favorite hunting ground or tower field is all gone and all we have left is the cred sink that gives a few passive buffs and the ability to city raid. In my opinion, the least that could be done is have the rent be lower. I am not very amused by the tactics being presented to try to push people into larger orgs. I think having instanced cities and content in the first place works against that more than anything.
    This.

A TL7 can easily make a billion in a week with not much effort, probably 2-3 Bill if the player puts all his effort into it."
    sorry but on RK2 9/10 times u'll find a few ppl will farm most pf's with small team so ppl new to high end raids barely get a chance to do or get anything, so on behalf of the poor players ur statement is bull
    220 Sheilded MP And Proud

Quote Originally Posted by zoneik View Post
    A TL7 can easily make a billion in a week with not much effort, probably 2-3 Bill if the player puts all his effort into it."
    ...if they play with the sole goal of making said credits.

Many would rather not do that.
    Because Race Yalm

Quote Originally Posted by MajorOutage View Post
    ...if they play with the sole goal of making said credits.

Many would rather not do that.
    They were quoting Wind from the first page, probably just new to forums.

They were quoting Wind from the first page, probably just new to forums.
    Whoops.
    Because Race Yalm

on behalf of the poor players ur statement is bull
    Poor people? only new players are poor, and not for long if they make friends in the game.
    AO Universe - By Players, For Players! The #1 AO Fansite Worldwide - Site Founder (Retired). | AOSpeak - Unofficial AO Teamspeak 3 Server - Founder (Retired). | AO Recipebook - In-Game Recipe/Tradeskill Bot - Founder (Retired).

Poor people? only new players are poor, and not for long if they make friends in the game.
    I don't know bout that. I know lots of people who have been in game for a long time and i would classify them as poor. They play the game to experience the different zones, raids, different content with no thought to making creds along the way. For these players, something like 20 mil is still quite a substantial sum of money. for others with creds, they don't even think twice about paying that 20mil to the perk reset guy to reperk quickly
    RK2 - Pimpmyride 220 Engi!

I'm so poor, I have no credits to pay for the new cities. QQ

sorry but on RK2 9/10 times u'll find a few ppl will farm most pf's with small team so ppl new to high end raids barely get a chance to do or get anything, so on behalf of the poor players ur statement is bull
    I don't believe it is an issue on poor vs rich. It is imo an issue of how much time each player is willing to spend on the game. If significant time is spent paying the bills, any sane player will reconsider what he is doing of his free time.

I am all for fighting for every building you want for your city as much as getting a new piece of gear. It is just that as it stand, if you add a building to the city, you better hope that your org is backing you when it get though, and every month (not happening to any org).
    Last edited by Boltgun; Jan 25th, 2013 at 15:10:44.
    Server first !!! Neutral Solitus Male Soldier named Boltgun to wear a short with pink spots on RK1 !!!
    N E U T R A L I Z E R S

Quote Originally Posted by cybertron View Post
    I don't know bout that. I know lots of people who have been in game for a long time and i would classify them as poor. They play the game to experience the different zones, raids, different content with no thought to making creds along the way. For these players, something like 20 mil is still quite a substantial sum of money. for others with creds, they don't even think twice about paying that 20mil to the perk reset guy to reperk quickly
    I know someone who told me last night he was poor. You know how much he has? 300M.

If I could ask a silly question ...

If the new instanced cities cost is based more on buildings than the city plot cost ...

Why does a new small city plot cost 250M or 300M (not sure which is correct) when a Serenity Islands medium city only costs 191M with a monthly rent of 46M including more buildings?

Or, is this just the impact of making small cities more expensive as Genele mentioned?

I know current orgs with cities will get vouchers so they don't really care about the cost of the city plot, but new players who want a small city or can only afford a small city will care.

Kinnik

Page 9 of 13 FirstFirst 12345678910111213 LastLast