Page 17 of 17 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314151617

Thread: Friday with Means - March 4th, 2011 - Montreal Party Registration

Quote Originally Posted by Obtena View Post
    What is wrong with the current launcher? It's simple and runs fast.
    Switching chars without logging out was the plan, I think. Other than that, I agree.

Quote Originally Posted by Demoder View Post
    I think nitr0 might be refering to the AoC ads which are no longer present in the AO launcher.
    this.

that was really annoying and unseen in any other game...
    doubt people logging into vanguard have a launcher saying "Everquest2 - Play Now!" all over the place...

but it showed FCs attitude... screw AO, we got AOC and that's all we care about.
    that's how it all developed and we can't change it... a pity AO got screwed over by a 3rd class mmorpg that was hyped and fell deeply (where it belongs... and yes i played it - really was a waste of money and time).
    -[nitr0]-
    sexiest trox alive

Quote Originally Posted by nitr0 View Post
    but it showed FCs attitude... screw AO, we got AOC and that's all we care about.
    that's how it all developed and we can't change it... a pity AO got screwed over by a 3rd class mmorpg that was hyped and fell deeply (where it belongs... and yes i played it - really was a waste of money and time).
    It actually makes sense to advertise ones own products within ones own products.
    We don't know what the AO project got from these ads either. Could very well be that they got more funds than if they hadn't done it.

I expect to see ads for TSW in both AO and AoC when that time comes. And I would be sad if this wasn't the case; Because if Funcom don't think that free advertising is worth doing, we would actually have some reason to believe they're totally ignoring AO.

Will be interesting to see if AoC (and eventually, TSW) will be running ads for AO when/after its relaunch happens.

As for AoC failing: The launch could have been better, I'll agree to that. But it is clearly not an economical failure. To me, it looks like they're definitely making money on it.
    Last edited by Demoder; Mar 11th, 2011 at 12:51:54.
    ::: My Tools & Stuff :::
    ::: Cratine Savagedheals Enfine Zoewrangle Demoder :: Solitron Demotionform :: IRC Demoder Savagedlight :::
    ::: AOItems :: Blog :: CIDB :: HelpBot :: ItemsBot :: PlanetMap Viewer :: Tower Wars :: Twitter :::

this.

that was really annoying and unseen in any other game...
    doubt people logging into vanguard have a launcher saying "Everquest2 - Play Now!" all over the place...

Except that in AoC's launcher there's ads for AO
    Thor Mastablasta Hammersmith - Level 220, AI 30, LE 70 Clan Atrox Nano Technician - Setup
    The Red Brotherhood

I'm a Nano-Technician, don't ever expect me to fight unbuffed, alone or fair.

Means: about f'ing time :P
    Satenia: heresy <3
    Znore: Mastablasta <3
    Kinkstaah: I have agro from many mobs ;(
    Madarab: we are aoe class, we are supose to use pistols
    Marxgorm: the NT toolset does not fit into my raiding tactics

Quote Originally Posted by Mastablasta View Post
    Except that in AoC's launcher there's ads for AO
    yes, all those ao ads there been from the beginning when the game was still hyped and had 50 times the players it got now

oh wait... back then there was nothing...

but it's funny that people even can defend that... u guys really should get paid - but wait - people working for ao don't get paid at all anymore except the micro core team - so ... uhm... dunno =)
    -[nitr0]-
    sexiest trox alive

This thread is sooooo last week...
    Quote Originally Posted by Gunfytr View Post
    I have played my toon 280 days. You have played ur toon 36 days. My toon is better. Get over it.

yes, all those ao ads there been from the beginning when the game was still hyped and had 50 times the players it got now

oh wait... back then there was nothing...

but it's funny that people even can defend that... u guys really should get paid - but wait - people working for ao don't get paid at all anymore except the micro core team - so ... uhm... dunno =)
    What is your point? That AO which has 1/100th the number of players of AoC not having AoC ads somehow means that AO is forgotten and hated? I don't see it.
    Thor Mastablasta Hammersmith - Level 220, AI 30, LE 70 Clan Atrox Nano Technician - Setup
    The Red Brotherhood

I'm a Nano-Technician, don't ever expect me to fight unbuffed, alone or fair.

Means: about f'ing time :P
    Satenia: heresy <3
    Znore: Mastablasta <3
    Kinkstaah: I have agro from many mobs ;(
    Madarab: we are aoe class, we are supose to use pistols
    Marxgorm: the NT toolset does not fit into my raiding tactics

Actually, the AoC launcher also advertises AO now (along with Dreamfall and TLJ).

If Funcom would just start giving us discounts for multi-game subscriptions...

Page 17 of 17 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314151617