Page 2 of 16 FirstFirst 12345678910111213141516 LastLast

Thread: Announcement Concerning a New Anarchy Online In-Game Store

Sounds good Means. Let's just hope you don't fall into the hole that DDO did.

Honestly I loved that game when I had a free month to try it, when they went "free to play" it could have been the thing to make me quit AO (and of course by quit I mean cut down to just playing it sometimes instead of everyday ) but they did this "item store" thing too and went way to far.

You could not only buy medical supplies but you could buy resurrection alters to spwan right next to you so that you don't have to spawn at your last save spot just poof in the middle of your mission. You could buy weapons and armour and, worst of all, they capped your ability to level and enter new zones (even for me who was level 12 (which is decent in D&D) and once was able to access zones for my level was now restricted to all the level 4 and below zones unless I bought access to better zones from this item store) until you bought the appropriate item from the store.

I know that you're smart enough to not do that kind of thing, because it would totally ruin AO for a lot of people I think, I just hope that you don't get pressured or otherwise convinced to do something like that.
    Enter the Information Age
    Proc Descriptions

Hunt, and be hunted: The Hunting Grounds | Alien Tower Field :Aliens, that really invade!
    Pet argo management: Servants Protection | Expand the Notum Silo :Make it worthwhile

Rimor
    Tesgri - 220|17|58 (Omni Agent)
    Leara - 220|25|62 (Omni Doctor)
    Ponygirl - 220|25|56 (Omni Bureaucrat)
    Means: "We have done way dumber things than this..."

Someone needs to make AO flash game now, so we can... ! har har
    Fenikkusu ::.. 220/28/70 Keeper ..::
    Busata ::.. 220/21/xx Trader ..::
    Khars ::.. 150/12/xx Enforcer ..::
    Proud members of TETN.

Means, please for the love of god please make sure you have your post force pushed to this when they are important post. Or more along the lines of community post force pushed to it. Players can get over it when they have to close the window when they log into the game, its far more important that they get the news so the player base that avoids the website and forums isnt left in the dark about everything.
    "A whole new place to run around for ages in then die suddenly without warning."

"I know who coded pet pathing... and when I see him I say "/follow" and I start waling in to walls :P"

The "Trolls" option is incorrect. The term trolls is not used to describe the gathering of information on the Internet.

<@Kintaii> L2P

I can understand DDO doing that with their 'modules' or w/e they call them (even AO restricts how much of the game you have access to w/o paying more), but the weapons/armor/meds? Yikes. Standard f2p trap that I hope AO won't ever fall into.

Maybe I lack imagination, but I'm can't think what will be available in this store that would be worth paying for. XP stims? Eh, I'm sure someone will waste money on them. But what else? How much can they realistically expect to make on social clothing given the plethora already in-game? This might've worked better if they didn't already have paid point stuff, and if they didn't give away free points to everyone (except the $5'ers)

Maybe they will merge Paid Point Stuff inside it... or make old halloween and X-Mas Stuffz available there... or Pets... or or or well i could imagine alot of stuff which could make it ingame and be bought by someone...

Quote Originally Posted by ElBoogy View Post
    Maybe they will merge Paid Point Stuff inside it... or make old halloween and X-Mas Stuffz available there... or Pets... or or or well i could imagine alot of stuff which could make it ingame and be bought by someone...
    and Boogy will buy'em all

Quote Originally Posted by Busata View Post
    Someone needs to make AO flash game now, so we can... ! har har
    Yo Dawg...
    Because Race Yalm

no i won´t buy em all...simply because i have most of them already

just as long as you guarantee no major game changing items will be sold that would give anyone an unfair advantage over others (leveling speed is not an advantage over anyone for example)

And that rare items will not make it there (I hope this also includes rare social items as well, I don't want to have gone and slaughtered a difficult boss for some major fashion only for everyone to have it by paying tuppence for it)

Then I'll put my torch back down

Will this ingame store continue FC's "1 euro = 1 usd" miniscam?

Quote Originally Posted by drops View Post
    Will this ingame store continue FC's "1 euro = 1 usd" miniscam?
    A worthy question. Let's see the 'official' response on that 'eh?
    One profession to RoO them all, one profession to proc stun them, one profession to calm them all and in the darkness Exp perk them!

Crataiken 220/30/70 General - Primal Evolution - 3rd AI 30 'Crat on RK 1 Setup
    Calms 220/30/70 General - Primal Evolution
    Medicaiken 220/30/70 General - Primal Evolution Setup
    Newen 220/30/70 President - The Galactic Milieu
    Mettagirl 220/20/** General - Primal Evolution
    Krataiken 150/18/40 General - Primal Evolution Setup

Quote Originally Posted by Means View Post
    We will absolutely be putting in XP Stims. This is the perfect example of items that have been asked for by the playerbase. You can choose to spend your time or your money in how fast you choose to level. These items have dropped in the past and have not broken "game balance". Someone who used the previously dropping stims is not in any way more powerfull than someone who didn't.

Rare loot will absolutely not be available in the store.
    You level and gear is just a function of time spent acquiring them. As such there is no difference in principle between offering increased leveling speed in your item mall and offering a fully decked out 220.30.70 char, just a difference of scale.

This sounds like a very slippery slope to me....

Quote Originally Posted by Phargus View Post
    You level and gear is just a function of time spent acquiring them. As such there is no difference in principle between offering increased leveling speed in your item mall and offering a fully decked out 220.30.70 char, just a difference of scale.

This sounds like a very slippery slope to me....
    Good point. Faster leveling in form of XP bonus is very first thing F2P MMOs offer in their so-called "shops". Too bad FC going to offer it to paid players
    Last edited by candle645_; Nov 5th, 2010 at 21:55:44.
    Candle645 - Soldier, 220/30/70; Arieel - Keeper, 220/30/70; Candleadv - Adventurer, 220/30/70; Candlemech - Engineer, 220/30/70; Candlekicks - Martial Artist, 215/26/67; Candlegrids - Fixer, 126/15/max; Candledoc - 200 uber froob

Quote Originally Posted by Aryia
    Sounds good Means. Let's just hope you don't fall into the hole that DDO did.

Honestly I loved that game when I had a free month to try it, when they went "free to play" it could have been the thing to make me quit AO (and of course by quit I mean cut down to just playing it sometimes instead of everyday ) but they did this "item store" thing too and went way to far.
    I sure do hope the same. The announcement for LOTRO to become f2p+itemshop as well was the last straw that brought me back to this game. Now it is live and it actually is just as bad as it looked from afar ( and from the DDO perspective ). Greedy prices, bombardment with "Buy Now!" Shop links and far more exclusive power-stuff than advertised.
    Yes, those sentences Means used where exactly the same: Convenience, not Advantage. Sure, they don't sell loot in there, but more than enough power/advantages.

I do like AOs current PP-System along with its offers. I'm totally fine with the bikes, the exclusive sun glasses and the AI social armor, especially since the last one are easily (although a little time consuming) made with almost any character level. Furthermore I'd have no problem with XP stims and stuff like "Bring me to grid/garden" from the middle of nowhere. Just please no extra healing, rezz-shock buy-aways and stuff like that. No one is forcing anyone to buy these, everything is possible without those as well - it's just not good for that overall feel.

Although having been heavily disappointed by Turbine with their Item Shop I will trust FC to come up with a decent implementation, mainly provided by the mechanics the PPs are handled. I get them for my character, not my account (see turbine). Even on new characters not existing at the time of transfer.
    If you botch this up however... I'll be a sad panda, gaming away into the horizon of solitude.
    A bullet may have your name on it, but a grenade is addressed To Whom it May Concern.

didnt read everything, but just to be sure, you will buy items from shop with paid points or money?
    SOON™coming back...
    Neosh 220/20 Shade | Neokirurg 220/21 Doc crit setup | Neoc 216/18 Crat
    Shades are really invisible (from FC point of view)
    Patterns/symbs SALE ----- Refined imps SALE

Would you be offering things like RK/SL Recall beacon in these stores? Or are you keeping the Veteran shop the only way to get those kind of items?

Personally I wouldn't mind having Veteran Items available to me through the in-game store but I'm not sure how others feel about it

I dub this information:
    No rest for the wicked - Part Deux
    "War may be Hell....but it's good for business!"
    -The Association for Merchants,Manufacturers, and Morticians

[Kintaii]: Dude, I *am* weird
    [Kintaii]: I came to accept this many years ago and am much happier for it. XD
    [Kintaii]: Besides - I work on *AO*. That right there is proof of my oddness.

I Think they aren't goin too over the top on this one or they will end up killing the game. Also, this is likely testing ground for AoC... So if there is anything to learn they will adapt it in AoC later...

On other hand AoC does already have "item-shop", not top end stuff, but good starter items, of course I haven't played and itemization of AoC is far different form AO. Have to see where we do end up with this and what stuff is going to be implemented.
    Ekarona 220/30 Female Solitus Engineer, long term member of Northern Star and proper "poor" gimp.
    Ekaslave 220/low Female Solitus Trader, FLAT(TM) pricing TS, almost all can do!
    Ekaros almost there/almost there too Male Solitus Martial-Artist.
    Ekadv gimp/gimp Female Opifex Adventurer

I fully support and endorse this move from Funcom. Lowering the monthly sub fee by at least a few euros would also bring in much more subscriptions. I personally feel 15eur/month for a game this old is just too much when most recent games have rates between 10 and 13 eur monthly.

Does this explain the "give a gift to someone" options we've been seeing under paid services lately?
    ::: My Tools & Stuff :::
    ::: Cratine Savagedheals Enfine Zoewrangle Demoder :: Solitron Demotionform :: IRC Demoder Savagedlight :::
    ::: AOItems :: Blog :: CIDB :: HelpBot :: ItemsBot :: PlanetMap Viewer :: Tower Wars :: Twitter :::

Page 2 of 16 FirstFirst 12345678910111213141516 LastLast