Page 9 of 16 FirstFirst 12345678910111213141516 LastLast

Thread: Announcement Concerning a New Anarchy Online In-Game Store

What did they do with assassins? Are they good now?

CCL about the game too, bad traveling, no sci-fi, no complexity or charracter-customation and little storage.

It's pretty, well-developed and has some great moments tho, love the singleplayer-encounters aswell

Dear Santa

For christmas, I would like:
    * A box of ammo that doesn't run out
    * Likewise heal stims
    * Likewise nano stims

Oh, and since I've been particularly nice this year:
    * Instant right-click-and-level-to-220-item

Yours truly,
    Shop
    Hlep gnak!

Quote Originally Posted by Lletah View Post
    What did they do with assassins? Are they good now?
    They dumbed them down a bit too much. Practically made them a 1-click combo wonders.
    Renowned jester of the double AS Tigress

MP in sneak eNSDed me and did about 20k damage in 10-12 seconds

Staying with agent, it's the best profession made in an MMO ever.

And bump for Redbar!
    The idea about getting a charracter and skip the leveling as a bonus for max level isn't so bad either

Would depend on game-content

I'm still unclear what the benefits will be of an ingame browser/store, is it just to make extra cash?

An 'in-game store', why not just update the numerous shops dotted about RK with new social items and add more items to the current paid points machines?

I guess I'm just missing the point, nothing new there.

Some people have said that it'll be great to browse site like Auno ect while ingame. Instead of allowing us to do that why not develop a ingame items search, ingame implant designer, in game click saver ect ect instead of depending on 3rd party sites.

Quote Originally Posted by Mastablasta
    The main problem lies in when you start selling gear that's useful for something gameplay wise, other than convenience, like actual armor or guns, buff items, and as far as I can understand from conversation on IRC that's something the current developers are not even considering there because they very well know the impact this would have on the game! Negative!
    So, I'm confident that the content of the store will be funny joke items, small things to help people level a bit faster, social wear, exclusives like new skins for vehicles. Maybe items could be past seasonal items available every return of that season? The wider availability of the already buyable things, like mechs, leet pets and whatever else, also would be something to put there. Veteran items too.

And while it is likely true that the MMO you subscribe to is the one you play, then with AO retaining its subscription model and the froob program already being a reality, then adding more revenue stream from the free players is a great idea that would benefit all of us in the future.
    I agree. The question is what is convenience? I don't mind expanding the possibilities of the Veteran Shop and Phasefront Vendors in that area. Fun items, Social items and this mix of convenience and advantage that items like the Recall Beacon, Veteran Yalm/Phasefront Bikes are providing. The reality I have seen, however, adds additional healing/curing into the "convenient" package which I consider highly questionable although there is a huge difference to "real" loot.
    I'm curious what they will offer. If we see more of that Phasefront/Veteran stuff I'm fine with that. Hopefully development will treat this as an added bonus and doesn't center around it, because I prefer being "baited" to pay my subscription, and not to invest in random shop stuff.
    A bullet may have your name on it, but a grenade is addressed To Whom it May Concern.

Quote Originally Posted by nubbs View Post
    ./me buys a forum hat from the in game store.
    I tried begging, off colored humor, arse kissing...guess the answer was outright bribery...oh well, whatever it takes. Do the fates accept PayPal?

Quote Originally Posted by Redbar View Post
    Instant right-click-and-level-to-220-item
    Why would I pay additional irl money for something that I almost get now just for paying my subscription fee? My buff hoes are all max research and max ai, first time ever for that...thanks Sant...erm FC!
    Liamboru 220 Engineer - Brianboru 220 Soldier - Padraigboru 150 Soldier - Tadghboru 60 Engineer - Cormacboru 15 Engineer
    ...and ofc, the army of buff hoes
    ------------------------------------
    PvPDood: Hey, come back and duel me again, I hardly ever get to fight a gimp like you! - Get a /tell like that and it sort of makes you want to evaluate what you thought was a twink!

Walker
    : Anarchy! Anarchy! Anarchy! Anarchy!
    Texas Ranger
    : I don't even know what that means, but I love it!

if it breaks the game we can have a rollback - its been done before...

Quote Originally Posted by Keldros View Post
    I seem to recall one from a while back (I forget whether it was Gaute or Znore) claiming that the NT toolset was intended to be used for running away from fights.
    Silly Kel, you're obviously not self-rooting the way you're intended to!
    Uni "Unixint80" Idoru, 206/13 Neutral NT Veteran of Shattered Dreams
    What I've Got My Perk Setup My Nuke Setup (All slightly outdated)

FREE BOREALIS!!!

There's a rumour going around that the engi rebalance doc. will be in the item shop, along with the rest of the profession doc's that have yet to be released. also, engine videos on a daily basis via a pay-per-view system. this is just a rumour that I'm starting, so It could be completely untrue.
    wtf happened to my avatars eyebrows?

I used to listen to Dubstep in the 90's... every time I connected to the internet.

Quote Originally Posted by SoulTarder View Post
    There's a rumour going around that the engi rebalance doc. will be in the item shop, along with the rest of the profession doc's that have yet to be released. also, engine videos on a daily basis via a pay-per-view system. this is just a rumour that I'm starting, so It could be completely untrue.
    Can't be, I've heard the same thing as well.
    Renowned jester of the double AS Tigress

MP in sneak eNSDed me and did about 20k damage in 10-12 seconds

Any chance agents could get some new holograms in the store?

Haven't you heard? We're getting a new hologram with Twilight style sparkling and an onuse tag with a self root and AoE taunt.
    Trixie "Tryqz" Rhaiyne, Newland Council Science Minister

TOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOT
    OTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTO|||||||||||||||
    TOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOT|||||||||||
    OTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTO|||||||||||||||||||||Serve Omni-Tek
    TOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOT||||||||||||||||||||Join the ROTFLMAO
    OTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTO||||||||
    TOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOT|||||||||||||||||||||||||
    OTOTOTOTOTOTO TOTOTOTOTOTO||||||||||||||||
    TOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOT
    OTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTO|||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||

"nein bitte keinen ingame shop mit brauchbaren dingen die man sonnst looten muß
    ich bezahle mein normales abo und möchte auch so weiter spielen und nicht in einen ingame shop für harte € meine gegenstände kaufen" deutsch weil nach der übersetzung vieleicht was verlohren geht^^

no, please no ingame shop with useful things that you must loot sunning
    I pay my normal subscription and would like to play on and on and not buy into a game shop for my hard objects €
    stims and fun items are ok
    loot items not pay for rl chash plz
    greats
    My englisch is bad. Wenn mit mir streiten willst quatsch mich auf Deutsch zu.
    Mitglied bei Punishment Inc.

Chars
    Drheiko was born on Thu Jun 22 09:20:15 2006 RK1 150 Doc
    Grafheiko was born on Wed May 17 17:17:37 2006 RK1 200 Agent (froob)
    Tilli was born on Tue Nov 14 12:25:47 2006 Rk1 220 Keeper
    Secretagent was born on Thu Oct 26 12:28:57 2006 RK1 220 Agent
    uvm...zu den geburtstagen wünsche ich mir ein 300 supplebot

Quote Originally Posted by Tilli View Post
    "nein bitte keinen ingame shop mit brauchbaren dingen die man sonnst looten muß
    ich bezahle mein normales abo und möchte auch so weiter spielen und nicht in einen ingame shop für harte € meine gegenstände kaufen" deutsch weil nach der übersetzung vieleicht was verlohren geht^^
    No ingame shop please with Stuff you can loot elsewhere. I pay my normal suscription fee and and want to continue to play without having to stick my hard earned euros into an itemshop.
    Hab das nochmal für Dich übersetzt
    Happy employee of the Omni Tek corporation.
    I am destruction. I am creation. I am Engineer.
    Free Tradeskill Services on RK1. Includes AI Armor.

AOMover | AwesOme Script
    Open Source Licenses, enjoy your freedom

dank dir^^
    My englisch is bad. Wenn mit mir streiten willst quatsch mich auf Deutsch zu.
    Mitglied bei Punishment Inc.

Chars
    Drheiko was born on Thu Jun 22 09:20:15 2006 RK1 150 Doc
    Grafheiko was born on Wed May 17 17:17:37 2006 RK1 200 Agent (froob)
    Tilli was born on Tue Nov 14 12:25:47 2006 Rk1 220 Keeper
    Secretagent was born on Thu Oct 26 12:28:57 2006 RK1 220 Agent
    uvm...zu den geburtstagen wünsche ich mir ein 300 supplebot

As long as the items shop is similar to the paid points vendor, I'm OK with it. If the new items shop starts including items that are needed to play the game efficiently, I'm not going to be happy.

There are so many other games on the market that have a higher population, with more powerful engine/graphics technology, & less expensive fees (especially for European players), that to expect more money from active subscribers is just asking for more people to quit the game.

I know it is a very fine line that Funcom is treading with this. They need money to keep the game running while the numbers of paying customers are dropping due to either players giving up on waiting for that "engine update carrot" that has been dangling for years &/or their budget has tightened to the point that they can no longer afford to pay the subscription fees. With the real world economy in the condition that it is in, I currently have to save up for each of my yearly subscriptions. It was a tough decision when my most recent renewal came up last month. I was seriously considering letting it lapse & not renewing it. Instead, I canceled a different game that I had not been playing for as long as AO.

Let's all hope Funcom picks the item shop options that keep those of us that are remaining, willing to stay & continue supporting the game with what little extra money we have. XP stims are pushing that tolerance VERY close to the breaking point.

TL;DR
    Buyable social & convenience items are a great idea for Funcom to have additional income.

Buyable items that are needed to advance in the game will probably have even the most loyal of customers leaving.
    Last edited by Tazalanche; Nov 11th, 2010 at 23:06:12.
    Maybe™ is the new Soon™.
    Quote Originally Posted by Means View Post
    At heart I am a vindictive, heartless, ruthless bastard and behaving in any other way is an effort for me.™
    Quote Originally Posted by Means View Post
    Our goal is to have a closed Beta running this year.™

Quote Originally Posted by Mastablasta View Post
    Who is it that is forcing you to buy items? You can already buy ingame items through the website, they're just making it available ingame and adding more to it. What's the problem, seriously? Can you make an actual argument instead of some nonsense that because I'm not in an american currency location I should suddenly stop playing the game because there's new things available for purchase? What if I don't want these items? What if I could care less for an extra XP amount for 5€? What if I could care less about social outfits? Why should I stop playing because of these items becoming available?
    Nobody is forcing me to buy items, but that really is not the point of it. I have played and experienced my fair share of P2P model MMOs/FPSs and each and every one is divided into 2 classes. Those with and those without. If you look at the current state of the in-game economy of AO it's downright horrendous as it splits the playerbase into the same classes: The Rich, The Poor. If this item shop gets put in, then we will have 3 classes: Rich, Poor, Greedy. Which is just what a new player to the game wants to see right? E-peen flying in each direction because of how big the IRL pocket is.

TF2 recently got a 'P2P' shop and 25% of the playerbase instantly uninstalled. Why? Because all the work they had put into gaining what they already had became worthless in a single update. This CAN eventually happen to AO. Items that first are harmless but doesn't stop FC ultimately putting a BoC in there for €15. It has happened countless times to different games, is it nonsense saying it won't happen again?

Quote Originally Posted by Mastablasta View Post
    Really, he's doing exactly what you ask him to. Making more money with AO. Who knows what this impacts, but then if you look at the games WITH these kinds of services, even the ones with the most horribly restricting services where you realistically end up paying far more than your average MMO subscription if you want to play it as freely as you can those, then they're flourishing, because people will buy damn well near anything as long as it's presented the right way. 1€? Why that's nothing. But oh, you just ended up paying 1€ 20 times that month, because hey it was only 1€...

Also, please go ahead and dump all the veteran items in this shop and let it be a veteran thing to get them for free without the use of any paidpoints.
    'Flourishing' isn't a term I would use to describe these MMOs, most of which are korean or of asian development. Setting up a P2P model on an MMO is usually one of two things: 1) The original business idea behind the profit. 2) A last ditch attempt at saving a dying game. While we all know that AO is dying slowly it has been discussed to death on here, methods of bringing life back into the game and extending it's life span. Each time the conclusion is the lack of advertising. Look at WoW, they advertise all the time, they get celebrities to feature in the commercials, this makes people want to go "Oh wow! He plays WoW! I'll play too!". Now I'm not saying that FC can throw money at a celebrity to make a commercial for AO, but it's the idea behind it. You say to somebody 'WoW' they know what you are talking about, they have seen the commercials, they know what it is. Go up to someone and say 'AO' you have to explain to them what it is.

What does this have to do with the item shop? Alot. Bringing life to the game = more players = more subscriptions = more money. The item shop will eventually do the reverse.
    Last edited by Raggeh; Nov 12th, 2010 at 03:08:25.
    Pricecuts - 220 Trader
    Feel free to contact me via PM or in-game.

Raggy - 220 Bureaucrat || Raggeh - 220 Fixer | Back as 'Raggys' - Shade for the time being. | Nuclei - 217 Nanotechnician || Nanobiology - 214 Doctor

Tip #743: As noted in Tip #244, tea bags have an infinite variety of uses. However, there's always one jerk who will want to give you crap over drinking tea. Particularly if in a new town, use this as an opportunity to assert yourself. Any drunken idiot can win a bar fight. It takes a real man to win a bar fight while enjoying a cup of Earl Grey.

yep as long as AO has no publicity or marketing vehicles (ie. consumer expansion), its status would be read from a management PoV as "Dying", regardless of claims to the contradictory. its pretty basic bizad stuff. Making the game costlier to existing consumers isn't a sustainable model.
    bai2u!
    -::l2pvp!1::-
    Electronite: FFA also destroyed Clan hegemony when it comes to tower wars. Ironically the downfall was started by the most active pvpers. Another ironic thing is that the downfall happened due to pvm conflict. Silirrion: (We have pretty good anti-troll filters by now though) Means: Thong-wearing troxes will always be a part of this game and a point of AO pride. Keldros: Obviously reall trolls don't use conditioner Marlark: If this forum was Swedish in it's language .. id pawn you any day. 220 NT: tl7 is a joke most of the time. 90% of the people are double double dead. some are worth debuffing tho. Mastablasta: you guys are right and I'm wrong. Ebag: No. You alpha me'd due to the stat bug. More Ebag: I don't have any twinks currently, nor do I participate much in mass TL7 PvP (though I do go occasionally, usually just to watch). Questra: an MP in sneak eNSDed me and did about 20k damage in 10-12 seconds

Page 9 of 16 FirstFirst 12345678910111213141516 LastLast