Page 5 of 29 FirstFirst 123456789101112131415161718192021222324 ... LastLast

Thread: Friday with Means - November 12th, 2010 - Changes large and small

Quote Originally Posted by Deaconfrost View Post
    "Not loving this. Means we'll have more people that haven't the slightest clue what they're doing as they only started that lvl 199 char five minutes ago..."

No they wont, because as Means said you already have to have a 220 to have access to this "perk"
    Just because you have a 220 in prof A doesn't mean you have any idea at all how to play prof B to N. Then we already have 220s or so in a prof that are shocked to discover they have a certain tool available to them that has been around since launch or there about.

/Facepalms

I ranted enough on facebook about this lol so I wont do it here to.
    but this feels like a bad Horror movie, not a classic
    horror movie but one of them with the Zombies chasing Aliens
    out of Closets type of horror movie.
    Luckystarr ~ Luckyhealz ~ Luckyrepairs ~ Luckycloverz ~ Luckysuffy ~ Luckyemo ~ Luckybuff ~ Lucky ~ Luckysneak ~ Luckybank ~ Luckylucky =^-^=

Quote Originally Posted by Hardcore View Post
    That doesn't mean you know how to exactly play a different profession.
    Well if you have a 220 its a safe bet you've been in a few teams. So if you have a doc lets say, you've probably learned from being in those teams that Enfs can boost hp and taunt, that Sols offer reflects which cut damage, that Fixers give NCU and HoTs, etc....
    Innervoid 220 / 30 / 70 MA (sadly no longer teh main man cos MA haz no lub)
    Thedarknight 220 / 30 / 70 ADV (name reset FTW)
    Shrektehogre 220/ 30 / 70 KEEP (Prolly the Main, maybe)
    Enemywithin 220 / 30 / 70 AGENT (RAWR)
    Lastsamurai 220 / 30 / 70 SOL (6th 220 FTW!)
    Innerpeace 220 / 30 / 70 CRAT (First Calmer)
    Stargazer 220 / 30 / 70 MA DOC
    Abyssgazer 220 MP (8hr CM lubbin/all around MP gamp)
    Misterscott 220 ENGY / Deaconfroste 220 SHADE / Vforvendetta 220 ENF / Haljordan 220 Fix

BEHOLD!! THE MIGHTY STRENGTH OF A PRE-LVLED 199 CHARACTER WITH a full set of OFAB, LE NANOS, and OFAB weapons!!
    Fixed for you.

If you don't want to play the game, then instead of whining about how you should be able to buy a premade endgame toon--just leave.

The development team needs viable FEEDBACK by the way. Saying "this #@$%ing sucks @#$% mother@#$% is not leaving them anything to work with. Sheesh.. -_-

I'm not sure who said it and I'm not going to scroll back through the ever growing list of posts to find it, but yeah, I'd even be fine with the level boost being only 1 time use per account..."Choose your prof wisely" sort of thing.
    Autohead 220/30/70 Solitus Soldier - Synergy Factor
    Auron 220/25 Keeper ::: Shadowslave 220/23 Shade ::: Radius 211/21 Nano-Technician
    Sunza 207/21 Martial Artist ::: Voss 182/15 Engineer ::: Shadowhead 150/16 Agent

Well if you have a 220 its a safe bet you've been in a few teams. So if you have a doc lets say, you've probably learned from being in those teams that Enfs can boost hp and taunt, that Sols offer reflects which cut damage, that Fixers give NCU and HoTs, etc....
    It's not about knowing the big obvious tools a prof has. It's about knowing all the tools and how to use them.

Quote Originally Posted by Keldros View Post
    Fixed for you.

If you don't want to play the game, then instead of whining about how you should be able to buy a premade endgame toon--just leave.
    epic win ( don't forget the buff bags btw )

I thought this thread was a joke thread by means. I kept reading the stuff and scrolling back to the top to see if i missed "Things that will not be in the shop" before i read all that crap.

Tokens for money is stupid, I made a new char like 2 weeks ago and already have 2500 tokens at level 200. I did dailies, pvp token mission and i farmed token guns every day when I was bored and not leveling. If i can do it, anyone can!

Levels for money is really stupid, but I guess its long overdue... when was the last time anyone has ever leveled in a real team below level 170-199?

VP for money is really dumb and defeats the purpose of even participating in any of the content that the LE booster pack brought to AO lol!

But I guess all this came because AO is lacking the funds to stay alive... so if thats what Means has to do to pay the bills and keep AO running then I'm ok with it.

Store-Scrubs is what I will call people who use these new features.
    R.I.P. AO
    Quote Originally Posted by quitter187 View Post

Quote Originally Posted by PhoenixOfAges View Post
    Just because you have a 220 in prof A doesn't mean you have any idea at all how to play prof B to N. Then we already have 220s or so in a prof that are shocked to discover they have a certain tool available to them that has been around since launch or there about.
    Seriously, how hard is it for any player to go to AUNO or AO Universe and look up the skill set of their characters? Nanoprogs are listed for each profession! Isn't part of rolling a new prof learning what it can do? How is that learning curve made any better by forcing someone to start at lvl 1? Do you know the nano lines and abilities of every prof in the game? I sure dont and Ive been playing since 2001 lol...
    Misterscott 220 ENGY / Deaconfroste 220 SHADE / Vforvendetta 220 ENF / Haljordan 220 Fix

Well if you have a 220 its a safe bet you've been in one or two teams.
    Fixed again (due to kiting, OST, inf mish)

Quote Originally Posted by Ninjaloot View Post

Store-Scrubs is what I will call people who use these new features.
    how about stoobs?

I asked inn keeper forum, but I might as well ask here too

Would crat, soldier and engineer auras be inn same line as keeper auras?
    Looks to me like they all got bether auras then keeper, would this mean when teaming with any of these profession their auras will have higer stacking order then keeper auras?
    Andvord, 220 Adv (retired)
    Knekt, 220/30/70 Keep (retired)
    Haavarst, 220/23 Crat
    Delifix 217 Fix
    Delivio 215 Shade
    Dilek 174 Doc
    Delisol 165 Sol
    Clown 126 Trader TL4 twink project
    Hannibal 22 Enf

I have some questions regarding the new engineer nanos.

1. About LE nanos like masters bidding, pet steal back and pet attention:
    - Will there be a free version for engis?

2. About twinks: There are some medlevel engis, who worked very hard to get certain items on like AMEP. Now they must reset their skills to cast bots and stuff but some probably won't get their equip on again, due to lack of towers for example.
    - Have you something in mind to solve those problems?

3. About nanoskill-debuffs.
    - Will there be a compensation for agents, mp's and traders to be able to debuff engis?

Seriously, how hard is it for any player to go to AUNO or AO Universe and look up the skill set of their characters? Nanoprogs are listed for each profession! Isn't part of rolling a new prof learning what it can do? How is that learning curve made any better by forcing someone to start at lvl 1? Do you know the nano lines and abilities of every prof in the game? I sure dont and Ive been playing since 2001 lol...
    You can read textbooks all you want, but when it comes to applying your tools in the appropriate situation, experience is what keeps everyone alive

Quote Originally Posted by PhoenixOfAges View Post
    Not loving this. Means we'll have more people that haven't the slightest clue what they're doing as they only started that lvl 199 char five minutes ago.
    We have them already. We call em 'ebayers' ...
    But you have a point there. I can see a crapload of b-levelled (buy-levelled) MA's farming stuff on dreads and crap for selling loottrights to feed the credsellers.
    Not cool.

On the other hand, for a veteran its a neat thing to start off at a certain level. Skipping the whole TL5 levelling range sounds rather tasty to me.
    Would like to know if it also includes research. If not, it leaves quite a grind, plus, nanos quests and stuff that Autohead mentioned

Quote Originally Posted by Keldros View Post
    Fixed for you.

lol thats really funny, no I dont think I'll leave the game I started playing on Nov 17, 2001 because you say so but thanks for asking!

No-one said anything about equipped "endgame" toons... those are lvl 220 btw, if you back off the ledge for a sec you'll see you only get a naked 199 toon.

Please quote where anyone has said they want to be able to purchase a fully equipped endgame (thats 220) toon...

FYI Keldros... look at my sig. Two of those toons were lvled pre-inf mishes , and WAY before inf mish rewards. Oh you didnt know that Inf mishes werent always there? Well they werent and we had to farm Tinos or Tiigs for Days. Then they introduced Inf mishes. Years later they introduced Inf Mish REWARDS. You used to just get the sk from the mobs in the mish. I know all about lvling the "hard way" thank you very much...
    Last edited by Deaconfrost; Nov 12th, 2010 at 18:08:51.

I'm not going to go all high and mighty here and say that FC is wrong and that what they are doing is going to have e negative impact on the game in general.

I can however state my personal opinion and how it affects me on a personal level. There are a few to many "deal-breakers" in there for me. It's simply changing things too much for me and it's making the game feel different in a direction that I don't personally enjoy.

So I'm not going to continue if this is FC's plan for the future.

I hope the rest have fun with it though. Because that's what we are here for at the end of the day. FUN. So if people have fun with this then that's great. All I'm saying is that this is not my kind of fun so I'll try to find it elsewhere I guess.

*shrug*
    Veteran of Equilibrium

hi. means why dont u guys fix so that when we start a new character we can choose wish stuff we want on them and what level we want and all that , this game is getting so dam easy so its get real boring

as it is now when players powerlevels some of them dont learns how the characters works until they are 220 and with the crap u guys get out with the new store there will be alot more of this crap

iam close to cansel my accounts its a fun game but fc makes it ridiculous and i bet it will be worse then it is now before fc stops .

This is how I feel about this:

:-\
    TOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOT
    OTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTO|||||||||||||||
    TOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOT|||||||||||
    OTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTO|||||||||||||||||||||Serve Omni-Tek
    TOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOT||||||||||||||||||||Join the ROTFLMAO
    OTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTO||||||||
    TOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOT|||||||||||||||||||||||||
    OTOTOTOTOTOTO TOTOTOTOTOTO||||||||||||||||
    TOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOT
    OTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTO|||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||