Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: New way to travel

Quote Originally Posted by Siahanor View Post
    I don't know. I'd say 8+ years of that specific and unique animated stance only belonging to MP's would convey a certain ownership to that particular class and those who play it.
    Hey, you and others might think so, but obviously FC doesn't which says alot about who holds the authority on what should and shouldn't be in the game wouldn't you think? Honestly, the 'animation' simply doesn't have value in preserving for MP's only because it's pretty crap to begin with. It's more like a 'non-animation' if I can put it that way. If THAT'S the kind of thing that MP's are focused on for preserving the character of their profession, it would be pretty sad and embarrassing for the MP community as a whole.
    Last edited by Obtena; Jun 29th, 2011 at 23:09:43.
    Awwww muffin, need a tissue?

Quote Originally Posted by Obtena View Post
    Hey, you and others might think so, but obviously FC doesn't which says alot about who holds the authority on what should and shouldn't be in the game wouldn't you think?
    Then why even have forums for discussions?

Please, try to not let your fanboism take control of you so much. People are merely discussing how they feel about something in the game, we all know who runs the show without you pointing it out. And after this 10th anniversary debacle, very few of us would actually credit FC for knowing what should or shouldn't be in the game, even if they do have the ultimate decisions on the subject.

To sate us with the illusion that our input matters? To take what they want from us and ignore the rest?
    Enter the Information Age
    Proc Descriptions

Hunt, and be hunted: The Hunting Grounds | Alien Tower Field :Aliens, that really invade!
    Pet argo management: Servants Protection | Expand the Notum Silo :Make it worthwhile

Rimor
    Tesgri - 220|17|58 (Omni Agent)
    Leara - 220|25|62 (Omni Doctor)
    Ponygirl - 220|25|56 (Omni Bureaucrat)
    Means: "We have done way dumber things than this..."

You need to recognize there are things that are not worth having discussions about. This would be one of them. This isn't an 'input' item for the community ... OBVIOUSLY. If me recognizing the insignificant impact of sharing a non-animation has on the character of a profession makes me a fanboi, then so be it.
    Last edited by Obtena; Jun 30th, 2011 at 15:03:12.

You need to recognize there are things that are not worth having discussions about. This would be one of them. This isn't an 'input' item for the community ... OBVIOUSLY. If me recognizing the insignificant impact of sharing a non-animation has on the character of a profession makes me a fanboi, then so be it.
    See, you seem to be misunderstanding the human issue at play here ( a mistake often made by FC as well ). No, it doesn't impact the character or its profession. It impacts the player. And the player is the one who pays. Piss off the player enough times, they go away.

By the way, please provide a list of things deigned "not worth having a discussion about" so we can avoid harming your sensibilities in the future.

By the way, seems like the MP community is "inputting" quite a bit. So what qualifies as an "input item", just so everyone knows in the future?
    Last edited by Siahanor; Jun 30th, 2011 at 15:13:15.

Well, good thing that YOU ARE NOT the one who decides what is and what is not worth discussing on these particular forums.
    Renowned jester of the double AS Tigress

MP in sneak eNSDed me and did about 20k damage in 10-12 seconds

See, you seem to be misunderstanding the human issue at play here ( a mistake often made by FC as well ). No, it doesn't impact the character or its profession. It impacts the player. And the player is the one who pays. Piss off the player enough times, they go away.
    I already said it ... if THIS is the kind of thing that is harming the sensibilities of players perception for the character of MP's or other professions that have shared animations, then players are simply out of touch with what really matters when it comes to defining the characteristics of the professions they play. Lots of animations are shared over many professions. Get over it. It's a done deal.
    Last edited by Obtena; Jun 30th, 2011 at 16:38:47.

I keep trying to use my jetpack without unequipping my Hud 1 item since it is impossible for me to self equip my Hud 1 back, someone told me it was the same as MP Quantum Wings nano which is entirely convenient and does not require you to unequip anything but I cannot seem to figure out how to use it without taking anything else off.

Quote Originally Posted by Gatester View Post
    I keep trying to use my jetpack without unequipping my Hud 1 item since it is impossible for me to self equip my Hud 1 back, someone told me it was the same as MP Quantum Wings nano which is entirely convenient and does not require you to unequip anything but I cannot seem to figure out how to use it without taking anything else off.
    It's not possible. The Jetpack is a Vehicle equipping in your HUD1, which TECHNICALLY makes it a Yalm.

Unlike the Yalmaha Clio, which is actually a nano castable vehicle, which TECHNICALLY makes it a Phasefront Bike.
    The Independent Rubikans - The oldest Neutral Org on RK1! 10.5 years and counting!

Namiru - 210/30/58 Neutral Solitus Martial Artist, Advisor - Always accepting new students in the Art
    Thalona - 199/25/40 Neutral Solitus Meta-Physicist, Veteran - Pondering higher thought
    Weefleboy - 150/20/40 Neutral Opifex Fixer, Member - Wheeling and Dealing somewhere on RK.
    Johnnysokko - 60/6/14 Neutral Solitus Engineer, Member - Still trying to twink that Slayer on.
    Keepdafaith - 60/6/14 Neutral Atrox Keeper, Member - IR Temple Services
    Powerbender - 100/6/14 Neutral Nanomage Nano-Technician, Member
    Deleetful - 65/7/14 Neutral Solitus Adventurer, Applicant
    Lumbergh - 60/5/10 Neutral Nanomage Bureaucrat, Applicant - "M'yeah, I'm going to have to ask that you go ahead and come into work on Saturday...that would be great..."

I saw an agent flying like an mp. He did not have CM but he did have some mochams

Quote Originally Posted by Mandavel View Post
    It's the fact that the difficulty of AO is coming to a close for new players.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ayria View Post
    Oh yes, cause letting people fly is just a total degradation of the gameplay.
    Care to explain how you view a new flight method as a lowering of the difficulty level of AO? Because people can travel around at will with ease? Get a clue, they've been able to do that for a very long time.

From yalms and QW to yalms in vet shop, to phasefront, to jetpack. They all just fly, it's not like one or the other adds Blackmans stat buff or something. It's flight, which has been in game forever.

How does flight ruin the games difficulty?
    Proc Descriptions

Hunt, and be hunted: The Hunting Grounds | Alien Tower Field :Aliens, that really invade!
    Pet argo management: Servants Protection | Expand the Notum Silo :Make it worthwhile

Rimor

How does flight ruin the games difficulty?
    He was not talking about the jetpack alone.

And how do you get "only jetpack" from my post?
    Proc Descriptions

Rimor

Quote Originally Posted by Bubbacrush View Post
    Things to note when you think about mp's flying:

5. Johnson and Johnson baby. No more tears.
    You just won this thread, my hero
    Opsund 220/30 Ma
    Xandathrii 220/30 Enf
    Vekten 220/30 Doc

Lifdrasil 100/10 Eng

Retired General of Ascension, enjoying my elder days and the end of AO in The Asylum.(Currently of-world , but comming back soon(TM)
    Stop the inflation and madness, support my Tier 4 crusade

And how do you get "only jetpack" from my post?
    Correction on my side.

"He was not talking about the ability to FLY (for free) alone."

Quote Originally Posted by Mandavel View Post
    I think that FC is ridding AO of challenge. Before all the easy-mode travel, it used to be dangerous (and lengthy) for low levels to traverse certain areas of the map.
    I'm a low level character, and a new player, without any high level people to throw stuff at me.

Travel is not hard. It is boring. Tedious. The run speed is so slow, and play area so vast, that I just point in the direction of my mission, numpad-0, and tab out.

making it dangerous wouldn't be any better. Having to run for 5 minutes to get to my mission wouldn't be improved by being attacked 14 times on the way.

The world is large, but uninteresting. Oh look, a hill, yet another identical building. It's desolate. The point of 'slow travel' in games is to make your players experience the world they're in. That is not a good idea with this one.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123