Thread: [October 2nd] Community Update!

Post [October 2nd] Community Update!

Hello, and welcome to this thread. The idea behind this thread is to provide a summary of recently released information and recent AO-related events. The main target is people who do not frequent all kinds of AO-related forums (including the official one), but I'm sure there's something here for those who are on top of things as well. You may notice some confusing bracketed text, such as [S]. Don't worry! If you click the S, you will be taken to the source of the information stated before it. These links often provide much more rich information than what is said in this thread.

The Highlight: AOFroobs.com
    AOFroobs is a community website aimed specifically at the froob way of life. Whether you were coming to Rubika on vacation, or intended to take up permanent residense, it's hard to overlook the brutal reality of Rubikan life. Most travellers are shot out of the sky by an alien invasion force, which gets them stranded on a beach with nothing but their own cloth. Standing there like that, is when you realize it's quite awesome that your PDA is in your pocket; And you can visit http://aofroobs.com/ for assitance. Many people have gone through similar experiences before you, and they're happy to help!
    Some interesting threads:

Summary of Information from Funcom
    This section contains a summary of information provided by Funcom employees on the forums and otherwise. Some player-provided information where relevant.
    • Patch 18.4.8 is expected to hit the live servers at October 5th[S]. Some highlights:
      • Many new daily missions
      • tweaks to existing daily missions
      • tweaks to battlestation capture and respawn mechanics,
      • new first-aid and healing kits. Old kits may be tradeskilled into new kits.[S]
      • Those who have been pulling their hair out after falling down when DB boss Aune warps them will probably have better hair days from now on
      • A bug which were preventing NPCs from having their correct initiative skills have been fixed, and should make some NPCs harder to fight.[S]
    • Regarding the much-discussed itemstore buffcans, Kintaii have pointed out they're not going to work in combat situations, be it PvP or PvM.[S]
    • We've been informed the new engine and remodelled heads are coming along swimmingly[S], and the 390 heads are about 90% done.[S] Some highlights from FWM Sept 2nd: tir5.jpg, tir7.jpg, tir4.jpg and from FWoM Sept 30th: tir2.jpg, fwmheads.jpg.
    • There was a competition to be the first team to beat the new Dust Brigade instance, announced in FWM, Sept 9th. The competition results were announced Sept 10th.
    • Kintaii talks about ingame economy and some ways of dealing with inflation in this post, and about some challenges with GUI arts and legacy code over here. Definitely worth the read!

Although ARKs are not Funcom employees, I'll still mention the Forum Avatar Design Contest in this section. It's definitely worth checking out. If your design is selected, you'll get to design your own forums avatar too. See the thread for details.

Interesting stuff over at Anarchy Online Universe

News from the 3rd party development community
    • More projects added to the AODevs Projects Summary, totalling at 13 up-to-date AO-related projects.
    • AO Item Assistant version 1.0.1 (quickly following 1.0.0) has been released. This is a tool which automatically tracks where all your items are, and provides a easy-to-use interface for locating them. A must-have for pack-rats, and definitely useful for everybody else as well. Some notable changes: Now displays how many credits your characters have. Several bug fixes.
    • Budabot 2.3 RC2 has been released. Notable changes: Added a TeamSpeak3 module, several new settings for core- and third party modules, new bank module which takes .csv dumps from AOIA. Most commands should now have help files. Items module no longer supports the Central Items Database. Local items database updated to 18.4.7. Several bug fixes. See linked thread for more information.
    • ItemsBot is now available for all dimensions, including TestLive. See linked thread for more information. Additionally, if you're running a bot compatible with the Central Items Database, you can point it to the live or testlive dataset. BeBot module supporting advanced search parameters is available here (thanks to NoGoal).

Recent news

Report from the Front Lines
    Everybody love the notum fields. They're an important source of influence, power which people tear one another apart for.

The Atlantean inhabitants have fought bravely, with Omni and Clan influence changing wildly over a couple of weeks. As an example, Omni SideXP varied between 0.88% to 8% the past month. The most successfull organization, based on a weighted score of successful&failed attacks, was the clan Equilizers. The most wanted site was Cyborg Border (PW x4), with 123 attacks the past 3 months.

Rimorians are no different, with the largest recent zerg being 23 different organizations attacking the omni organization The Pain Dealers in Middle of Easter Fouls Plains (EFP x5). Honorary mention goes to the clan Demon Inside for having the best success of all time (since september 2006).

For more information and live updates on notum war activity, visit Demoder's Tower War Tracker

Last edited by Demoder; Oct 2nd, 2011 at 19:31:40.
    ::: My Tools & Stuff :::
    ::: Cratine Savagedheals Enfine Zoewrangle Demoder :: Solitron Demotionform :: IRC Demoder Savagedlight :::
    ::: AOItems :: Blog :: CIDB :: HelpBot :: ItemsBot :: PlanetMap Viewer :: Tower Wars :: Twitter :::

that tower war tracker looks nice!
    MyNameIsCani 220 Trox Solja
    Canibaal 215 Trox Enf
    Canifix 215 Trox Fix
    Pureevul 220 Trox Shade
    Canikeep 220 Trox Keeper
    Deathreturns 220 Solitus Doc
    Alphadawg 164 Opifex Fixer
    CanIKillYou 150 Solitus Adv
    Canistrikes 80 Nano Agent

Better than FWM
    Formerly Vhab.
    Once upon a time ruled a server. And then sold out. Sorry.

Ayep, thanks for that Demoder.

You probably won't be able to pull this off but is there any way to monitor and log BS activity? It'd be a good indication of where to go for some pvp action.. or when to log on.
    Lupusceleri L220/30/70 Agent -- Advisor of Spartans -- equip endgame AR setup endgame def setup <3 Azs wearer of Cheree's pants
    Arrowsmith -- Arafellin -- Alphacenta -- Aesculapias -- Wolfseye -- Lysdexic

TL5 enf twink: im out those MPs are to overpowered

crattey: The Balance Discussion forum. Where common sense goes to die.

Funcom employee

Temp sticky for cool thread. =D
    Brad L. McAtee / Kintaii
    Former Senior AO Designer & Jack of All Trades
    (2007 - 2012)
    ~~ Twitter :: Facebook :: Norse Noir ~~

Canibaal: thank you
    Vhab: *hides*
    Lupusceleri: Awesome idea. I'll definitely try to figure out a way of doing that w/o breaking the EULA.
    Kintaii: Awesome!

Would it be interesting to have a thread like this pop up every so often?
    Last edited by Demoder; Oct 2nd, 2011 at 23:58:43.
    ::: My Tools & Stuff :::
    ::: Cratine Savagedheals Enfine Zoewrangle Demoder :: Solitron Demotionform :: IRC Demoder Savagedlight :::
    ::: AOItems :: Blog :: CIDB :: HelpBot :: ItemsBot :: PlanetMap Viewer :: Tower Wars :: Twitter :::

Yep, very informative.
    220/30 - Spartanx9. Back for a good while.

Quote Originally Posted by Haquihana
    Haquihana: And Spartanx9, I dont usually spend much time in the soldier forums.. you all don't make enough rucus (NOTE: this is not a message of approval to go cause unjust trouble)
    Sounds like i need to cause some trouble I kid i kid

Good info, thanks for the post.
    I make it look easy, 'cause it is to me.

Aye, this thread is awesome ^^ Wish there was one like it every month

This is hot.
    Thor Mastablasta Hammersmith - Level 220, AI 30, LE 70 Clan Atrox Nano Technician - Setup
    The Red Brotherhood

I'm a Nano-Technician, don't ever expect me to fight unbuffed, alone or fair.

Means: about f'ing time :P
    Satenia: heresy <3
    Znore: Mastablasta <3
    Kinkstaah: I have agro from many mobs ;(
    Madarab: we are aoe class, we are supose to use pistols
    Marxgorm: the NT toolset does not fit into my raiding tactics

Awesome work, now to "sell" it to FC so they add it to the official AO page.
    I'm so clever that sometimes I don't understand a single word of what I say.

They actually used to have stuff like this back in the day like official pvp ladders and the like.
    Thor Mastablasta Hammersmith - Level 220, AI 30, LE 70 Clan Atrox Nano Technician - Setup
    The Red Brotherhood

Thanks for posting this summary of information. I read all the forums you mention but still missed some of the stuff you mentioned. I also agree that this was more helpful than the Friday with Mean posting.

Quote Originally Posted by JungleGeorgeRK2 View Post
    Thanks for posting this summary of information. I read all the forums you mention but still missed some of the stuff you mentioned. I also agree that this was more helpful than the Friday with Mean posting.
    Well they are two completely different posts. Like saying you found it more helpful to watch the evening news than a talkshow.
    The Red Brotherhood

Mastablasta you are right the purpose of this post and the Friday with Mean postings are not the same. I guess I lost sight of that in my post.