Page 2 of 18 FirstFirst 123456789101112131415161718 LastLast

Thread: Monthly Development Update: May 2012

Awesome update as usual lindelu!

Mastablasta: I don't think she means the gfx engine will be available within a month, but rather that another milestone is expected to be completed by then. I could be wrong of course.
    ::: My Tools & Stuff :::
    ::: Cratine Savagedheals Enfine Zoewrangle Demoder :: Solitron Demotionform :: IRC Demoder Savagedlight :::
    ::: AOItems :: Blog :: CIDB :: HelpBot :: ItemsBot :: PlanetMap Viewer :: Tower Wars :: Twitter :::

Quote Originally Posted by lindelu View Post

We're expecting the Desert Rider to make frequent appearances in Newland Desert during these festivities!

just reread the update and noticed this little gem. my reaction to reading this

Quote Originally Posted by Lazy View Post
    just reread the update and noticed this little gem. my reaction to reading this
    Playshifting failed. The server could not load your post. (5000:6067369)

tldr: we have been doing what we do best and there is nothing to report..
    You hit Tarasque with nanobots for 18280 points of melee damage.
    First shade with Blades of Boltar
    ---
    How much is enough?
    Member of Halinallet!

Quote Originally Posted by Arguru View Post
    Are you telling me that this one sentence took over two weeks to type out, two weeks where a lot of valued players quit the game because of the lack of communication?

I'm sure Funcom has more than enough subscribers to keep this game populated ofcourse, but hey.
    If that was all it took to make them quit they were hanging by a thread anyway and I can't say I'll miss some of those that cried so much about this or that.

Quote Originally Posted by Demoder View Post
    Awesome update as usual lindelu!

Mastablasta: I don't think she means the gfx engine will be available within a month, but rather that another milestone is expected to be completed by then. I could be wrong of course.
    I know that. A pre-beta client MIGHT Be ready within a month.
    Thor Mastablasta Hammersmith - Level 220, AI 30, LE 70 Clan Atrox Nano Technician - Setup
    The Red Brotherhood

I'm a Nano-Technician, don't ever expect me to fight unbuffed, alone or fair.

Means: about f'ing time :P
    Satenia: heresy <3
    Znore: Mastablasta <3
    Kinkstaah: I have agro from many mobs ;(
    Madarab: we are aoe class, we are supose to use pistols
    Marxgorm: the NT toolset does not fit into my raiding tactics

At least Turn the Old Player shop Buildings into Some kind of Organization items bank. AO needs one, really bad. Think how much community would improve if your friends and org mates did not have to waite for you to search all your bags and items on each of your characters just to find some wussy item they need really bad. Instead, it would already be waiting in the organization bank terminal. If you wanted to utilize the existing content, give us a central bank only the leader can access but anyone can deposit items. Allow any player to rent multiple shops(bank terminals now) and set withdraw limits. xx items per day per character ID. If not, just give us a central organization bank terminal, and let the leader control the limits. However if everyone in the org had their own personal bank, more would be accomplished. Accompany that with a search terminal in the building( the old gms perhaps) or visual interface, and we are all golden.

Quote Originally Posted by Mastablasta View Post
    I know that. A pre-beta client MIGHT Be ready within a month.
    Next Month(tm) is the new Soon(tm)
    // Break time //

/\/\ Newcomers Alliance General and LMAA co-founder /\/\
    Froob for 3 years :
    Gridpain, Nfurter, Slayie, Forcedevente, Asafart, Theshrike, Whipingwillow, Malaucrane, Karmapolice.

Sloob since 2009 :
    Coredumped,Needleworkr,Weepinwilljr,Gridpainjr,Bet amale,Lackwit,Dusttodust, Ouvreboite,Boohoohoo,Asafurt,Whatsthat,Aziraphale
    220, 220, 200, 164, 150, 116, 110, 82, 70, 57, 40, 21 ...

Thanks for the update... Looking forward to try out the new stuff
    Mekhdoc 220/27/70 Equip | Mekh 220/28/67 Equip | Shadesch 220/21/70 Equip
    Mekhkeeper 220/22/70 Equip | Roflmao 220/15/50 | Fixyaself 200/23/64 Equip

W00t!
    Lainbr - 220/30/70 Meta-Physicist Nanomage - E / Spirals - 220/30/70 Enforcer Solitus - E / Kokusho - 201/22/55 Fixer Nanomage - Equip Soon ;o
    Traderbr - 180/0/0 Trader Nanomage - / Kaoru - 60/0/0 Meta-Physicist Nanomage - totw semitwink
    Proud veteran of Spartans

To devs: You failed redesigning MPs as NTs with pets. I want my debuffer back.
    Dreamer: Basically - I wish THIS much effort was put in to ALL profs rebalance docs.

Kintaii: Genele is more hardcore than you, your guildmates, and anyone else you've ever played with
    Anarrina: Trust me, I'm not that scary in real life.

Better Pet controls? Really? As in really really? But then again that blasted Nomad again. No. I. Am. Not. Going. Out Collecting. Junk. Just. To. Get. Bulldozed. Outta. The. Way. Though more jet packs would be appreciated.
    I'm a Froob Neutral Trade Skilling Nanomage Engineer- by definition I hide round corners and let the bot do the fighting.

So basicly what the GD is telling us is that there is nothing new...
    Another vague update...
    Another day for FC failing to communicate with players properly...
    Another reason for me not to reactivate my account and not play any of FC's games ever again...

Stop slacking FC. I don't pay lazy employees
    Get your stuff back together, stop promising and actually do something
    Last edited by Darkripper; May 30th, 2012 at 19:56:41.
    PvP n' Stuff (more soon™)

Proud President of Mercenaries

Funcom employee

There will be no item collecting this year, the Tinker have already received enough this year! The Desert Rider will be showing up however!
    Former Game Director of Anarchy Online.

Quoting some answers Means gave from a FWM, what happened to this:

"Have you ever thought of making a new "battlestation" map?

Many times. We have some ideas we'd like to see realized next year. Mstrbstrd has assured me he will give up eating and sleeping to get this done."

I would appreciate an answer, not vague or evasive tho, as we all know you often answer that way...
    PvP n' Stuff (more soon™)

Proud President of Mercenaries

Quote Originally Posted by Darkripper View Post

Many times. We have some ideas we'd like to see realized next year. Mstrbstrd has assured me he will give up eating and sleeping to get this done.".

Poor mstrbstrd
    "Exactly, we make sword stone for keeper and pull they do it and excalibur come out. have no make stone to for sword we make sword box for sword to put sword in for sword." HAHAHA ^^

Quote Originally Posted by lindelu View Post
    There will be no item collecting this year, the Tinker have already received enough this year! The Desert Rider will be showing up however!
    oh thank god. will it be a timed event? or how will the spawning process work?

I see. Going to sleep for another month.
    ಠ_ಠ

Smile

good news. We are waiting for June 12!

Funcom employee

Quote Originally Posted by Darkripper View Post
    Quoting some answers Means gave from a FWM, what happened to this:

Many times. We have some ideas we'd like to see realized next year. Mstrbstrd has assured me he will give up eating and sleeping to get this done."

I would appreciate an answer, not vague or evasive tho, as we all know you often answer that way...
    We're talking about this every other week in the team, but I cannot allow us to start this until we have some of our other commitments done (The new player experience and some of the profession nano changes). We've begun talking to players in game and on the forums also to see what sort of thing you enjoy about pvp, and we'll continue to do so (:

Quote Originally Posted by Lazy View Post
    oh thank god. will it be a timed event? or how will the spawning process work?
    We haven't finished the details yet, although I expect it to be a timed event occuring every x hours. More information will be made available closer to the release date.
    Former Game Director of Anarchy Online.

I hope new pet controls mean actual controls, not pet pathing or hate list managment.

No offense but each time you guys have touched pet behaviour it has gotten worse.

New engine, coming to a test server near you Q2 2011 2012.
    New Engine - Announced: June 2007 ETA: Soon™ I'm speechless (June 2015)
    Rebalancing - Announced: January 2009 ETA: December 21, 2012 Started! (April 2015)
    New TL7 Pets - Announced: March 2009 ETA: Uh...
    AS Changes - Announced: July 2009 ETA: TBA
    Parry/Riposte - Announced: October 2009 ETA: ??? Did it! (April 2015)
    Perk Changes - Announced: October 2009 ETA: Right after server merge Started! (April 2015)
    Breed Change - Announced: November 2009 ETA: Hell freezing They did it!!! (Oct 2012)
    Beta Server - Announced: January 2010 ETA: Pigs Flying Did it! (Feb 2014)

Page 2 of 18 FirstFirst 123456789101112131415161718 LastLast