Thread: Phasefront Removal

Question Phasefront Removal

Last year you posted this :

We are also planning something special for accounts that have bought or obtained Phasefont Points when we remove the Phasefront Vendors.

I will give you more details when I have them!

Any details you can give yet? I really miss those points. I had two paid accounts with one giving me 1500 Vendor points and another giving 500 Vendor points per new character. QQ when i think about it. Hope its travel items! Hint Hint

Some of my toons have upwards of 3k points. Makes me wonder what I'll get in return :O

just a few months later and best of my knowledge, no news?

got over 3K pts too, so would love to know whats going on
    - Xcellers
    Alexander "Xcellers" Voss
    Info Loadout Inner Circle
    Exiled Member of Inner Circle

Superior training and superior weaponry have, when taken together, a geometric effect on overall military strength. Well-trained, well-equipped troops can stand up to many more times their lesser brethren than linear arithmetic would seem to indicate.
    OTAF Battle Manual

Prolly waiting on that infamous "Billing Department", the ones still holding up the Mentor system that they added to the client during Means' time I believe. See how long G.R.A.C.E. takes to figure out given this Phasefront thing was brought to the "Billing Department" at least a year prior must still be trying to figure out how to compensate us and we're still clueless on the Mentor deal from even further back.
    Last edited by Gaveup; Jul 9th, 2014 at 21:56:20.
    Gaveup 220/30/80 Smg

Would be nice with a verification on the previous statements (and yeah +1 on billing lol )
    - Xcellers

Superior training and superior weaponry have, when taken together, a geometric effect on overall military strength. Well-trained, well-equipped troops can stand up to many more times their lesser brethren than linear arithmetic would seem to indicate.
    OTAF Battle Manual

Wonder what will happen to the PPs on characters that got inactivated due to the server merge, particularly once (if) they get re-activated. Will those points just vanish into the ether? Get backwardly-applied to the account?

I'm still curious about how points will be worked out given I've spent all my PPs on some characters, but not others. I assume this is going to end up as some sort of account-wide FC points type thing. I hope the exchange rate will work out to be about the same as previsouly: either the stuff oyu buy is unlocked for the whole account and not on a per-character basis, or enough points will be given to enable purchasing all of the same stuff on a per-character basis. And how would that work retroactively, given some of my chars have purchased the apartment, whilst others have purchased vehicles etc instead?

Ophiuchus : 220/30/80 HAHA etc
    Nahuatl
    :: 220/30/80 Melee 4lyfe
    Khurkh :: 220/30/80 healtankpew
    Transcendence
    Msanthropic
    : 210/26/60 nanostab
    Spidershiva :: 165/23/42 kite? eh?
    Silentmotion
    : 150/20/42 tankthink
    The Union

The way i understood it is as follows:

1) Current points on chars
    - FC wants that you spend them before 18.7, as they will get removed and will not be directly replaced.

2) Compensation will be for all who has previously purchased PPs - however no mention if this will be per char, account wide, future chars or anything.

3) No info on if 1 paid points gives the same compensation as 3000 paid points

and yeah, and overall lack of information about how/what we should do.
    - Xcellers

OTAF Battle Manual

Yeah I asked about this awhile ago and was told to spend them because they are going away. All my toons are rockin some executive chairs right now lol

Why did they make that huge hall in ICC with all Phasefront stuff?
    Ekarona 220/30 Female Solitus Engineer, long term member of Northern Star and proper "poor" gimp.
    Ekaslave 220/low Female Solitus Trader, FLAT(TM) pricing TS, almost all can do!
    Ekaros almost there/almost there too Male Solitus Martial-Artist.
    Ekadv gimp/gimp Female Opifex Adventurer

Maybe it's a museum.
    Don't set yourself on fire to keep others warm.

Yeah, Ive been burning though most of my points too, but still, kinda want to know what they are planning, cause one of the main attractions behind the Ppoints was that it was accountwide and you could get all the stuff on all current and future toons...

But lets see, i hope its not some silly social crap like a "I R HAD PHASEPOINTS" or something like that
    - Xcellers

OTAF Battle Manual

Reimbursing back the paid points in the account's fc points would make sense.

After all, both have the same function and code wise making two methods to the same end must be avoided.
    Server first !!! Neutral Solitus Male Soldier named Boltgun to wear a short with pink spots on RK1 !!!
    N E U T R A L I Z E R S

With Paid Points, I could buy a vehicle for every character I ever created on my account. With Funcom Points, I get to spend once and lose the points. Trading me something one-time-usable to replace my infinitely reusable Paid Points is quite a loss. But then, if they set it up so that buying a vehicle with FCP duplicated the item onto all my existing characters, I'd *still* have no vehicle on *new* characters I created, and with limited character slots, and all the reasons there are to re-roll, basically this means that FCP buys me things that are impermanent.

The solution is that we must have an Account Bank, and that we buy vehicle-generating items that can be placed into the Account Bank. This is the only way that Funcom can compensate me for the removal of Paid Points with something of equal value rather than short changing me.

(Also, it's not just vehicles, but other social stuff that I was previously able to buy account-wide for every character, etc.)

Quote Originally Posted by vitriolic-v View Post
    With Paid Points, I could buy a vehicle for every character I ever created on my account. With Funcom Points, I get to spend once and lose the points. Trading me something one-time-usable to replace my infinitely reusable Paid Points is quite a loss. But then, if they set it up so that buying a vehicle with FCP duplicated the item onto all my existing characters, I'd *still* have no vehicle on *new* characters I created, and with limited character slots, and all the reasons there are to re-roll, basically this means that FCP buys me things that are impermanent.

The solution is that we must have an Account Bank, and that we buy vehicle-generating items that can be placed into the Account Bank. This is the only way that Funcom can compensate me for the removal of Paid Points with something of equal value rather than short changing me.

(Also, it's not just vehicles, but other social stuff that I was previously able to buy account-wide for every character, etc.)
    Very true, but also I used to be able to get a Sunrise Apartment key with every character on my 3 accounts ... old and newly rolled toons. Now if Phasefront points go away I have nothing for my new toons. There should be a collection of items ... vehicles, apartment keys, social item pkgs, etc. that are account-wide and "claimable" for zero paid points on every toon and every future toon rolled on the account.

There are records stored on the accounts of current in-game paid points (phasefront points transferred in-game) ... create a variety of "packages" to cover various ranges of amounts of in-game points and make them claimable account-wide depending on the in-game paid points any particular account has on record.

If necessary have us select something when we first login post 18.7 patch to Live.

Emma

Just make phasefront an instance located somewhere neutral. Keep it for veterans. Those players arent going to spend money on the item shop for things they already have. Aim the new itemstore at new players and keep the pf store intact but for those that have points.

bump

From the 18.7.0 Update Release Notes:

"Previous owners of Phasefront Points will be able to claim rewards from the item shop."

How will this work exactly? Can we get some more info please. I still have paid points on some cahracters, quite a lot even on some of them. Should I go on a shopping spree at the Phasefront vendor before the patch tomorrow?
    Qianjin | martial artist | neutral | rubi-ka | shattered dreams (link!)
    Guifei | bureaucrat | neutral | rubi-ka | shattered dreams

and a few more lowbie alts

Funcom employee

Quote Originally Posted by Qianjin View Post
    How will this work exactly? Can we get some more info please. I still have paid points on some cahracters, quite a lot even on some of them. Should I go on a shopping spree at the Phasefront vendor before the patch tomorrow?
    Feel free to spend all the Phasefront points you still have on your characters, as the reward tiers are based on the amount of Phasefront Points you'd have on a freshly created character.
    Henry "Michizure" Senger
    Lead Designer

Quote Originally Posted by Michizure View Post
    Feel free to spend all the Phasefront points you still have on your characters, as the reward tiers are based on the amount of Phasefront Points you'd have on a freshly created character.
    Thank you for answer, and good luck with the patch(ing) tomorrow!
    Qianjin | martial artist | neutral | rubi-ka | shattered dreams (link!)
    Guifei | bureaucrat | neutral | rubi-ka | shattered dreams

and a few more lowbie alts