Page 1 of 9 123456789 LastLast

Thread: Symb twinking for the 220 nanomage engi - a personal perspective

Symb twinking for the 220 nanomage engi - a personal perspective

For those with little patience, here is a summary of what I equiped, and pointers:

before

Before LE Released

Final Setup

And now for the full story:

Yep, dinged 220. So it's time to check what is the max set of symbs a 220 nanomage engi can equip.

I ask in advance not to get replies of the "what's the use" sort. I do this because I can, not because of the benefits. If you cannot understand this concept, move on to the next "what weapons should I use at level 150" thread.

Like I did at 215, I choose to show how I equiped my set step by step, as I equip them. I already have the setups for the entire session, which will take a month or so to equip, depending on my available time. Before you ask - it does include some ql300 symbs, but not as many as I would like.

I don't have a Burden yet, nor a couple of ql300 Eye of the Evening Star. Other than that, and a second G2, I already aquired all the items I need.

I'm begining with my before setup, which you can find out how I equiped at 215-216 here.

For the first step I equiped the 260 waist, requiring 1106 int/psy/agi and 1797 treat. I used this setup, except that I used Ring of Plausibility instead of one of the ql300 Ring of Divine Teardrops. As of now you cannot yet use this item in auno setups. Both rings will do the job though. As you can see, 8 perks were needed for this setup.
    I had on me Composite Attribute, FG, SFA, treat expertise and a TT. In addition my org benefits were ql300 Large HQ, and a ql250 Muscular Elasticity benefit, which adds 19 agi. I also used the Surgery Clinic of course. The final result was 1108 agi, 1156 int, 1150 psy and 1804 treat (1802 if one uses Ring of Divine Teardrops).
    Last edited by muha; Dec 28th, 2007 at 11:59:19.
    RK1:220/30 Alicia "Muhandes" Jolt General of Destiny. My setup/A quick screenshot
    --------------------------------------------------------------
    "Guides": 210 symbs before 170, 220 symbs before 180, NM Engi Twinking 205, 210, 215, 220.
    WTB ql150 weapons, Grand Armbands, Eye of the Evening Star.

Impressive, Keep up the good work, I've placed tech in to Tradeskill retirement until 2 months before LE comes out so I hope to see what you're able to do. I have I think a full set of 300 symbs if you need any send me a tell on tech or ace.
    "A whole new place to run around for ages in then die suddenly without warning."

"I know who coded pet pathing... and when I see him I say "/follow" and I start waling in to walls :P"

The "Trolls" option is incorrect. The term trolls is not used to describe the gathering of information on the Internet.

<@Kintaii> L2P

I wonder if you are considering one of the Exterminator Occular's? You dont loose that much ts/mc , and additional 50 burst and crit modifier are always nice. Still in your situation , with no hotswapable armor , it might hurt bad your ability to cast pets , even with Champ of Nano Combat maxed . So?

I'm assuming of course you are still aiming for top DD.
    Last edited by IHaveHugeNick; Sep 29th, 2006 at 22:38:39. Reason: funcom fix typos plz

Welcome after on 220 :x
    Darkempire 220/30/70 Agent
    {edited by Anarrina: see me if you have questions}
    When specifically asked for positive words, responding with a personal attack is incredibly rude and inappropriate. Please do not repeat such behavior.
    Quote Originally Posted by nums214 View Post
    If my wife never got preggo omni wouldn't have lost their fields. 2009 is pretty much when I quit.

Quote Originally Posted by IHaveHugeNick View Post
    I wonder if you are considering one of the Exterminator Occular's? You dont loose that much ts/mc , and additional 50 burst and crit modifier are always nice. Still in your situation , with no hotswapable armor , it might hurt bad your ability to cast pets , even with Champ of Nano Combat maxed . So?

I'm assuming of course you are still aiming for top DD.
    In my current plan I have either the 280 or the 300 eye symb, depending on availability of burden, sigil, and some ql300 imps. That's 53-55 MC/TS as well as tons of tradeskills (I am still capable of making ql300 AI with my current setup), nano init, CL... I can get some of those back if I sacrifice two pieces of CC, go for lower ql CC which I can self, and each time I want self my bots I need to swap in some 6-7 items. I'll probably loose 6 damage, 10 burst/pistol. It will have to spend IP on tradeskills.

On the other hand, what do I get? 2% crit and about 50ish burst/pistol. I will be nice to cap burst, but the daily hastle with casting bots... I'm really not sure.
    Last edited by muha; Sep 30th, 2006 at 23:31:47.
    RK1:220/30 Alicia "Muhandes" Jolt General of Destiny. My setup/A quick screenshot
    "Guides": 210 symbs before 170, 220 symbs before 180, NM Engi Twinking 205, 210, 215, 220.

Mercs? was that a typo and you ment CC? if not, WTF are you doing?
    "A whole new place to run around for ages in then die suddenly without warning."

"I know who coded pet pathing... and when I see him I say "/follow" and I start waling in to walls :P"

The "Trolls" option is incorrect. The term trolls is not used to describe the gathering of information on the Internet.

<@Kintaii> L2P

Quote Originally Posted by Technogen View Post
    Mercs? was that a typo and you ment CC? if not, WTF are you doing?
    oops, meant CC, fixed. Was just talking to someone about merc spawn, I guess the brain->hand interface was working too well.

Quote Originally Posted by Technogen View Post
    Impressive, Keep up the good work, I've placed tech in to Tradeskill retirement until 2 months before LE comes out so I hope to see what you're able to do. I have I think a full set of 300 symbs if you need any send me a tell on tech or ace.
    Thanks for the offer, the only symb I don't have is a ql280 left hand. I never saw it drop, but on the other had it's not that useful that I really cared.

Nice, WTB soli guide tho
    Still busy getting pande items here, but i got burden already which helps
    When im done getting pande junk that buffs base stats ill go do some serious
    perk resetting and see what QL symbs i can get in.

For the next step I equiped the 270 Ear, requiring 1149 int/psy/agi and 1870 treat. I used this setup, which is exactly the same setup I used for the 260 waist, with more perks. The left ring is a Ring of Plausibility, which as of now you cannot yet use in auno setups. As you can see, 5 additional perks were needed for this setup (2 Enhance DNA, 2 First Aid, 1 Nanobreed Secondary Genome), a total of 13.
    I had on me Composite Attribute, FG, NS, SFA, treat expertise and a TT. In addition my org benefits were ql300 Large HQ, a ql250 Muscular Elasticity benefit (+19 agi), and a ql250 Medical Expertise benefit (+33 treat). I also used an Extruder Bar and of course the Surgery Clinic. The final result was 1149 agi, 1162 int, 1156 psy and 1874 treat.
    Last edited by muha; Oct 16th, 2006 at 13:56:51.

This never ceases to amaze me, avid reader of your guides muha - and I'm not even an engy (218 NM MP here) nice job! Agility is the killer for me... struggling to get 250 control symbs in most places... my waist is still a 220....

will wait till 220 and perk reset I guess

Quote Originally Posted by ASM1 View Post
    This never ceases to amaze me, avid reader of your guides muha - and I'm not even an engy (218 NM MP here) nice job! Agility is the killer for me... struggling to get 250 control symbs in most places... my waist is still a 220....

will wait till 220 and perk reset I guess
    Definitly, agi is the killer. I so wish I have better Eye of the Evening Star.

Since you are NM, don't post anything before you get 280 or above in :P
    "Many philosophical problems are caused by such things as the simple inability to shut up."
    I am Luciesa - Octowuss - Ssupotco

still addicted since 2001-07-03 11:55:38

Reset your **** for 2months, you leave the game knowing that you've spent that time equiping ****, beeing gimp and all that.
    To the day you return and find out you have 3 symbs left wich of quality level 200.

Do you have a final "goal" or dream setup you wanna end up with? Or just equiping stuff as you can until you think "aawhh screw it. This is good enough" ?
    SC of Kvestakolal - Join us if you can spell it correctly
    * Mechanuf - 220 Multi-Purpose Combat Engineer
    * Hormonuf - 220 Healmonkey
    * Hackuf - 217 Phix
    * ... loads of other *ufs and *nufs

Hush you all! This thread is Holy!
    The goal is getting as far as currently possible. Or when he is fed up with it. The ultimate goal is offc all 300 symbs but that won't be done.
    hush!
    ->Moertje 220/21 - Side tokens collected 2500.
    - Real Life Yutto - of TETN :teeth: / - Atlantean //Current PVM Setup// PVP Setup//PVP swapping Setup

->Mulisch 150/4 - Side tokens collected 16 - wtf melee? (retired)
    ->Amoer 150/9 - friendly neighbourhood Trader!

Quote Originally Posted by octopuss View Post
    Since you are NM, don't post anything before you get 280 or above in :P
    I'm building the suspense for that
    Quote Originally Posted by Mechanuf View Post
    Do you have a final "goal" or dream setup you wanna end up with? Or just equiping stuff as you can until you think "aawhh screw it. This is good enough" ?
    I have a goal setup, but I don't have burden, sigil, (and maybe Eye of Evening Star will help too) to get it in. I'm also missing one symb, the 280 left hand.
    Anyway, sharing it all now will be spoiling the fun

Sigil is not an item hard to acquire, on rk2 at least.

Quote Originally Posted by FlorinSalam View Post
    Sigil is not an item hard to acquire, on rk2 at least.
    Neither is it on RK1. But with the current point system, missing one 5 points which one spends on sigil might mean waiting 2 more weeks for a burden. And as I only need it for one symb, and I need burden for that same symb, I'll get burden first.

Quote Originally Posted by muha View Post
    Neither is it on RK1. But with the current point system, missing one 5 points which one spends on sigil might mean waiting 2 more weeks for a burden. And as I only need it for one symb, and I need burden for that same symb, I'll get burden first.
    Burden is overrated seriously, I dont have it and as a Solitus i've managed to pop in 270 in the slots its possible to have 270 in
    Proud klingon apprentice of Octopuss. <3

Page 1 of 9 123456789 LastLast