Quote Originally Posted by ICCKoruption View Post

it should be
    200pnts=1 USD
    280pnts=1 EURO

thats a great suggestion

also on monthly fees which hurt the most
    if an american pays 14.95 USD - 1 month
    at the conversion rate an european should pay 10.7 EUR

Well, thats all nice and good. But I'm worried about the graffical upgrade. I mean, my computer can barely handle AO as it is. It being a windows ME. I know I need a new computer, but its just not possible at the time, and it wont be possible for awhile. And I fear that people like me, who dedicate hours to their computer just to be able to play AO with somewhat acceptable lag, will end up quitting all together. I just hope the new graffical upgrade has something in it that wont make it lag.

But on the other side of the coin, I cannot wait for the new graffical upgrade. Because if a new computer does come my way, one that can handle AO with almost no lag, then It will be nice having a superb game, look proffesional.
    Shuzzy bureacrat

Am I going to be able to buy these points in the same way that I buy my playtime - with prepaid cards (or something similar)?

It allows me to pay with the same currency as all my friends ingame, and thereby saving me some money and preventing me from canceling my subscription, yet again, over the priceing issue.

(actually called to my good neighbours down at FC-oslo to ask about this, in a mature and reasonable manner, only to get the same answer every time: "sorry, they are out to lunch atm.kthxbye" )

Quote Originally Posted by Shuzzy View Post
    Well, thats all nice and good. But I'm worried about the graffical upgrade. I mean, my computer can barely handle AO as it is. It being a windows ME. I know I need a new computer, but its just not possible at the time, and it wont be possible for awhile. And I fear that people like me, who dedicate hours to their computer just to be able to play AO with somewhat acceptable lag, will end up quitting all together. I just hope the new graffical upgrade has something in it that wont make it lag.

But on the other side of the coin, I cannot wait for the new graffical upgrade. Because if a new computer does come my way, one that can handle AO with almost no lag, then It will be nice having a superb game, look proffesional.
    You're talking performance issues, not lag. You're also forgetting that newer APIs, like DX9, have performance increases in many areas over older APIs.

AO will most likely run better on every PC in existence that meet the minimum requirements for the API, e.g. DX9 compatible graphics card (which you can acquire for 50$) (or an entirely new PC for 300$).

Also wonderful to see that the criticism of the PvP reward system has been taken seriously and a reworking is in progress.
    Thor Mastablasta Hammersmith - Level 220, AI 30, LE 70 Clan Atrox Nano Technician - Setup
    The Red Brotherhood

I'm a Nano-Technician, don't ever expect me to fight unbuffed, alone or fair.

Means: about f'ing time :P
    Satenia: heresy <3
    Znore: Mastablasta <3
    Kinkstaah: I have agro from many mobs ;(
    Madarab: we are aoe class, we are supose to use pistols
    Marxgorm: the NT toolset does not fit into my raiding tactics

Quote Originally Posted by tokrika View Post
    Am I going to be able to buy these points in the same way that I buy my playtime - with prepaid cards (or something similar)?

It allows me to pay with the same currency as all my friends ingame, and thereby saving me some money and preventing me from canceling my subscription, yet again, over the priceing issue.

(actually called to my good neighbours down at FC-oslo to ask about this, in a mature and reasonable manner, only to get the same answer every time: "sorry, they are out to lunch atm.kthxbye" )
    The pricing issue is related to the EU, not Funcom but go ahead, one less person ingame with brains that tell them to whine and tell the rest of us that they quit for some ridiculous reason, like EU taxes, despite the cancellation section of the account page having a "why do you quit" textinput field, well, that'll be a quieter game with less interruption for the rest of us.
    Thor Mastablasta Hammersmith - Level 220, AI 30, LE 70 Clan Atrox Nano Technician - Setup
    The Red Brotherhood

Quote Originally Posted by charmant View Post
    thats a great suggestion

also on monthly fees which hurt the most
    if an american pays 14.95 USD - 1 month
    at the conversion rate an european should pay 10.7 EUR
    EU, VAT. Get it into your head?
    The Red Brotherhood

Dear Sillirion and REST Funcom Noobz

Yeah.. I think 17.6/7/8 going to be best ever.. heh, Great work Funcom eventho we hate ya (cough).

Well, about the $ and € thing. I'm paying 15€/Month atm. In my country, it is even harder to earn that. I want a game which worths every single penny i pay. I know you are working on it but every single day Anarchy Online is loosing more players. Funcom HAVE TO DO something to make this game popular again. Screw Age of Conan imo, we all know you are all focusing on AoC but you need to RE-WORK on Anarchy Online abit. Spend more credits..

Imo as i said in another thread: This game can be 'MORE' famous than World of Warcraft because there are millions of Fantasy-Designed games around but none Sci-Fi (that is good atleast) ones.

Moar wrok plaz. We need some 'outside' game improvements too. Imo, it is even too hard to find ely heck teams these days.
    since 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by Means View Post
    FYI: Cola burns when it comes out your nose...I now know this because of you.

Quote Originally Posted by Mastablasta View Post
    The pricing issue is related to the EU, not Funcom but go ahead, one less person ingame with brains that tell them to whine and tell the rest of us that they quit for some ridiculous reason, like EU taxes, despite the cancellation section of the account page having a "why do you quit" textinput field, well, that'll be a quieter game with less interruption for the rest of us.
    Get your facts straight instead of useless flames.

All the prices are exactly the same amount in US dollars and euro, before any taxes. One month of subscription at monthly payment costs 14.95$ or 14.95€.

If you pay in euro you pay 14.95€, which is 21.12$, a bit over 40% higher then the amount in dollars.

With taxes it's even worse, I got to pay 14.95€+ VAT (19% for me) = 17.79€. Which is 25.13$ according to the currency calculator I asked. Which is about 70% more then the cost in pure US dollars.

Which makes it a perfectly valid complain.
    Last edited by Alreadythere; Oct 6th, 2007 at 22:58:26.
    Alreadythere setup
    Maellace setup
    Proud Board Member of Dark Front - Join us now!

Quote Originally Posted by Alreadythere View Post
    Get your facts straight instead of useless flames.

All the prices are exactly the same amount in US dollars and euro, before any taxes. One month of subscription at monthly payment costs 14.95$ or 14.95€.

If you pay in euro you pay 14.95€, which is 21.12$, a bit over 40% higher then the amount in dollars.

With taxes it's even worse, I got to pay 14.95€+ VAT (19% for me) = 17.79€. Which is 25.13$ according to the currency calculator I asked. Which is about 70% more then the cost in pure US dollars.

Which makes it a perfectly valid complain.
    You beat me to it, 15% vat over here in the UK which, as you say, we pay ON TOP of paying more because we pay in euros.
    ALTS: Alienhunter, Moonglum, Quellist, Quellcrist, Jesharet

Nice way to own yourself

Quote Originally Posted by Nanofox1 View Post
    Your flame fails.

I joined after SL/AI was released, missed out on the pre-orders, and I still say it's wrong to buy Jobe apartments/leet pets.
    thanks for cementing my point.

as for those items.. i have em both. those pets are totally useless with how FC gimped the hell outa em.

the apartment is kinda nice. but its been several years now. and i kinda figured they'd eventually make them available to people again some how.

Level 1 to 300 in 8 Years! Pwn!
    - Join us on Discord! -
    AO WIKI!
    Arcanum!

Ok im willing to pull my wallet again thx for the added content will be nice to have those stuff i always dreamed about.

Only two things i whould like to say:

1)why oh why must you always down servers during daytime? or if your employyes dont work nights just make it in the MORNINGS when people are mostly at work so it wont disturbe as much.

2)I LOVE quests!!! shoulderpads and uncle buzzit for example...would really love to see more and more quests hopfull thats whats coming on 17.7.(more charcters with intresting stuff to say then...what do u want..or what is it in SL get that all the time)

Quote Originally Posted by ICCKoruption View Post
    oh, and for the price, its once, not monthly, its 2 packs of smokes, or a trip to the cinema, if 20 bucks is that pivotal in ones life, you shouldnt really be playing a pay account, let alone paying for internet.
    For $20 I'd rather have half a full expansion.
    bai2u!
    -::l2pvp!1::-
    Electronite: FFA also destroyed Clan hegemony when it comes to tower wars. Ironically the downfall was started by the most active pvpers. Another ironic thing is that the downfall happened due to pvm conflict. Silirrion: (We have pretty good anti-troll filters by now though) Means: Thong-wearing troxes will always be a part of this game and a point of AO pride. Keldros: Obviously reall trolls don't use conditioner Marlark: If this forum was Swedish in it's language .. id pawn you any day. 220 NT: tl7 is a joke most of the time. 90% of the people are double double dead. some are worth debuffing tho. Mastablasta: you guys are right and I'm wrong. Ebag: No. You alpha me'd due to the stat bug. More Ebag: I don't have any twinks currently, nor do I participate much in mass TL7 PvP (though I do go occasionally, usually just to watch). Questra: an MP in sneak eNSDed me and did about 20k damage in 10-12 seconds

Quote Originally Posted by Chrys View Post
    For $20 I'd rather have half a full expansion.
    I agree 100%.
    This is way too expensive for what you're actually getting.
    I'm very disappointed in the pricing.

If you don't want to spend money on paid points then don't. You can get all the social clothes from quest instead. You don't have to get the new vehicles, you can stick to the old trusty Yalm.. and even pay 50m creds at Uncle Bazzit to upgrade it to Stilleto.. Won't cost you a penny in real cash..

Quote Originally Posted by Thethe View Post
    Ok im willing to pull my wallet again thx for the added content will be nice to have those stuff i always dreamed about.

Only two things i whould like to say:

1)why oh why must you always down servers during daytime? or if your employyes dont work nights just make it in the MORNINGS when people are mostly at work so it wont disturbe as much.
    good thing that they bring em down for patching while i'm at work then.

i mean.. you do realize you're talking in relative terms. and if they changed it to hours that revolve around you, then someone else will complain...

i like consistency. thats what they shoot for when they do planned downtimes. and since they're not going to make everyone happy.. better to just leave it consistent than constantly rotating around the times to make Z people happy for Y hours on X day.

Level 1 to 300 in 8 Years! Pwn!
    - Join us on Discord! -
    AO WIKI!
    Arcanum!

Hey smartpans its great you get the downtimes when ur at work but shouldnt other people also enjoy that deal sometimes..or is your money better then mine..dont be a selfish brute...and considering this game was made and the firm is sitting in Europe i think thats Europe Morning time IS the right time for downtimes...but im not selfish like u..i totaly understand if they want to rotate it sometimes in our American friends favor sometimes back to Europe...but for some reason the Downtime always falls on noon or evening times...so when i come back from work i have to wait a couple of hours before i get to play and i dont have much time weekdays so i play like half hour or dont play at all which sucks would be nice to early the usall downtimes ...

Give it up Thethe. They do it at whatever time they do it, and if it happens to fall at a time you don't like then bad luck. I doubt they're going to change their patch schedules and whatnot. And besides, the downtime doesn't happen that often, go outside and play or something.
    I made a reference to a fictional extra-terrestrial hive-mind race of beings collectively called Grthulox, and you need an indication that I'm not being completely serious?

[Infferno]: btw u are girl in rl or something ? To [Infferno]: nope To [Infferno]: 21 yo m [Infferno]: oki :> To [Infferno]: why? To [Infferno]: you wants cyb0rz? [Infferno]: stfu lol

Get to know the real Healyhatman at Healy's MySpace! Leave a comment!
    See the Healy the Atheist at The Enlightenment of the Healy - my Atheist Blog.

I'm really looking forward to the new Rubi-Ka quests. I hope there will be some available for all level ranges and it would be great if at least some of them can be done more or less soloing. Maybe we'll also finally see what the mysterious maps like Plains of salt looks like.

Quote Originally Posted by Thethe View Post
    and considering this game was made and the firm is sitting in Europe i think thats Europe Morning time IS the right time for downtimes...
    Although this has been said before it probably should be said again...

The SERVERS are in the US, along with the Support staff.

Perhaps, just to be fair to everyone, they should only ever take the servers down for 24hours at a time, even for a 5min "quick fix" update, would that suit you better?
    Omutb - President - Ring of Destruction

If you only knew the power of the Frosted Strawberry Poptart....

"Once more unto the breach, dear friends, once more; Or close the wall up with our English dead." - because Wales just isnt a country

Chernobyl, providing the freshest bottled water since 1986, for that healthy green glow.

Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast