Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Thread: Friday with Means - July 16th, 2010 - Martial Artist Nano Changes + More Heads

This week's solitus heads are supposed to look asian & honestly do not look asian enough. With all the "that's too asian" complaints of the past, how is that possible?

/me looks for the /facepalm smilies, but settles for &
    Maybe™ is the new Soon™.
    Quote Originally Posted by Means View Post
    At heart I am a vindictive, heartless, ruthless bastard and behaving in any other way is an effort for me.™
    Quote Originally Posted by Means View Post
    Our goal is to have a closed Beta running this year.™

Same day, I R Uba. :P

Heads looking better everytime. That the heads show mixed racial traits is resonable since it is the far away future. The good thing is that they look nice, would use them on my toons. Only problem, as pointed out already is that the troxes teeth look too crooked. Exagerated features may make the toon look fake.
    Gustatus similis pullus.

Quote Originally Posted by Waldgeist View Post
    Well to be honest Google Translate does a decent job translating stuff from language X to English, BUT (very very big butt, much larger than J-Lo's) translation from English to German or French for example is a guarantee for disaster. In many cases a mother tongue speaker is not able to decipher what is actually meant, so the context and meaning get lost in the process.

So for now, I hope my translations are still a bit better than Google Translate and therefore worth the time spent
    Indeed, your translations are better than anything Google or any automated translation system can produce. Just Toll* !

Those systems can only give an idea of the real meaning of a text, and most lines don't really make sense. If the text is literary or familiar, it's a disaster. In complex languages such as German or French (to mention only two), the results are poor to say the least. (And it's not brilliant in Italian either.)

You're doing an important job translating, because, when I speak to players in-game, I realize that many just don't get everything when reading a long English text. Translations are useful.

And, back to translation systems, here is the translation into French of this week's FWM by Google and a human one (by me). The difference is obvious. (The last line is hilarious, with "heads" translated into "leader"/"chief".)

FWM Translated into French by a human being:
    Comme promis la semaine dernière, nous vous soumettons aujourd'hui, aux fins de discussion, le document préliminaire concernant les modifications envisagées sur les nano-formules de la profession des Arts Martiaux. (Les valeurs avancées dans ce document ne sont aucunement définitives… La nouvelle "posture" sera quant à elle rebaptisée "Zazen".)
    Outre ces changements, il faut également souligner que les attaques spéciales des Arts Martiaux ne provoqueront plus de recharge de nano quand on les utilisera.
    Un retour constructif de votre part sur ces modifications sera dûment apprécié et, bien entendu, pris en compte.
    Cette semaine, nous soumettrons aussi aux Professionnels les modifications portant sur les nanos des Keepers, dans l'espoir de les rendre publiques vendredi prochain.
    Pour ce même vendredi, nous espérons également disposer d'une vue d'ensemble des modifications sur les nanos Nemesis.

…et, bien sûr, voici quelques-unes des têtes de la semaine.
    Automated translation:
    Comme promis la semaine dernière, nous faisons le document préliminaire pour la modification du nanos Martial Arts profession disponible pour la discussion (numéros difficile de ne pas finalisé ... Nouveau "attitude" sera renommé en "zazen"). En plus de ces modifications, il est également important de souligner que les attaques spéciales des arts martiaux ne cause plus de nano-recharge à l'usage. commentaires constructifs sur ces changements seront bien sûr appréciés et dûment pris en considération. Nous allons aussi apporter les modifications nano Keeper à la disposition des professionnels de cette semaine avec l'intention de rendre public vendredi prochain. Nous espérons aussi avoir un aperçu des changements à tous les nanos Nemesis vendredi prochain ainsi.

.. Et bien sûr voici quelques-uns des chefs de cette semaine.

*(German for "awesome, great")
    Chrisax
    MP 220, AL 30, Research 70, active, Born on Rimor
    In AO since 2001
    Founder and elected President of Athen Paladins
    www.athenpaladins.org
    Member of the Clerical Staff of the Council of Truth

Yeah, it's got nothing to see, at all. Rien à voir.
    Angevil, proud 220 MA from Rimor.
    Flourishing anew. About twelve GUI/Perk/Armor setups done so far, hopefully that one will outlast the criticism of my perfectionism!

Ars Magna. Histories became artifacts, images of poor effect, memories filled with acts and neglect
    As a vulture of cultures I indeed feed my seeds with much greed, soaked in pleasure I succeed

Quote Originally Posted by Waldgeist View Post
    ... translation from English to German or French for example is a guarantee for disaster. In many cases a mother tongue speaker is not able to decipher what is actually meant, so the context and meaning get lost in the process.
    so true, i had my manager ask me to send out some e-mails to our clients in germany/austria and when i looked at the text she gave me, first thing that came to my min d was..."you thick bitch, all you did was put it through google translate", even i could tell that some of the stuff didnt make any sense

Shade updates WHEN?

Soon™.
    SOON™coming back...
    Neosh 220/20 Shade | Neokirurg 220/21 Doc crit setup | Neoc 216/18 Crat
    Shades are really invisible (from FC point of view)
    Patterns/symbs SALE ----- Refined imps SALE

I like some of the changes to the Martial arts profession nano line, few added ones make it look nicer but, .....

Why are you messing with the heals... as it is they barely hit max, and with added heal %, atm I am 215 and I can top SoR to 2200 ( with heal % adds ) which to me is fine because it can not be spammed. And is a nice add with the heal perks incase you or a team memeber gets into a spot of trouble.
    IMO you have reduced it way to much, be lucky if it averages 1200 heal.

Now on a MAJOR plus side, all dmamge type fists is about time and VERY nice addition to the tool set.

Oh, noez! I'm so disapointed in this topic!
    Still no information about upcoming patch and release of new city building. As Means said, it should be released on july 12-14, but we still have these ugly boxes. :/

Well I will be the first one to congratulate the team on the changes to the useless give energy nanos etc to change fist type to radiation, cold etc.... Wooohoo and ofc changing limbo mastery to some useful as well.. OMG I could actually start enjoying playing MA again. Note there are a couple of guns which will now cast energised fists on mobs . I think its the mti-b94- not sure though. PS Lower the ncu requirement on Return attack 45 NCU is a bit fierce imo
    Things fall apart; the centre cannot hold;
    Mere anarchy is loosed upon the world,
    The blood-dimmed tide is loosed, and everywhere
    The ceremony of innocence is drowned.

WTH is a 'ZAZEN'?
    Awwww muffin, need a tissue?

1st solitus asian female head - OMG that looks amazing

Atrox head - OMG THAT LOOKS AMAZING

<33333
    Atlantean
    ------------------
    Postmuerta - 210/10 Solitus Soldier

Kamaytayan - 220/17 Solitus Fixer

Have any of the Martial Artists complaining about the MA Heals actually noticed the HoT effect that comes with those heals now?

P.S. The HoT on Matrix of Ka would seem to heal for an additional 300 - 2700 hp of damage over 12 seconds
    Ebondevil - Omni Level 220 Agent on Atlantean, Feel free to contact me any time if you have questions, in game or out.
    Varinox - Omni Level 220 Meta-Physicist on Atlantean
    Yamarra - Omni Level 150 Shade on Atlantean

Feel free to send me any tell in game or a Private Message if you require anything.

Quote Originally Posted by Obtena View Post
    WTH is a 'ZAZEN'?

Zazen is the main posture in Zen Buddhist practice. It's a sitting meditation posture, often in a zendo which is a meditation room where several people meditate together, by opposition to kinhin which is a walking meditation and that sometimes alternates with the zazen.
    Chrisax
    MP 220, AL 30, Research 70, active, Born on Rimor
    In AO since 2001
    Founder and elected President of Athen Paladins
    www.athenpaladins.org
    Member of the Clerical Staff of the Council of Truth

Quote Originally Posted by Ebondevil View Post
    Have any of the Martial Artists complaining about the MA Heals actually noticed the HoT effect that comes with those heals now?

P.S. The HoT on Matrix of Ka would seem to heal for an additional 300 - 2700 hp of damage over 12 seconds
    That may be true to Matrix, but the previous heals, there is no "HoT effect"
    the only hot effect we get is from a perk line.

I use SoR at 215 and all I get is the one time heal, so no clue what you are referring to

I forgot to add the only difference I see with MoK is the +50 heal delta which is nice for 25 seconds each pop, I would call regeneration a hot, because we all have regen some more powerfull than other mind you
    Last edited by notsomuch; Jul 16th, 2010 at 20:20:27.

Quote Originally Posted by notsomuch View Post
    That may be true to Matrix, but the previous heals, there is no "HoT effect"
    the only hot effect we get is from a perk line.

I use SoR at 215 and all I get is the one time heal, so no clue what you are referring to
    Read Columns V to Z of the Nano document on the MA Heal nano rows.
    Ebondevil - Omni Level 220 Agent on Atlantean, Feel free to contact me any time if you have questions, in game or out.
    Varinox - Omni Level 220 Meta-Physicist on Atlantean
    Yamarra - Omni Level 150 Shade on Atlantean

Feel free to send me any tell in game or a Private Message if you require anything.

Quote Originally Posted by Ebondevil View Post
    Read Columns V to Z of the Nano document on the MA Heal nano rows.
    As you said "Have any of the Martial Artists complaining about the MA Heals actually noticed the HoT effect that comes with those heals now?"

You said now.... they do not HoT now... I know this because I use my SL, MA heals every day.

Bah you didn't get it ...

LOL, I'm sorry I'm just messing with you, I know what you mean, when they hit it looks like an AoE hot as well.
    Last edited by notsomuch; Jul 16th, 2010 at 20:26:18.

The Asian heads look too African....

Unsure what the column "V.P" is for, pretty sure it's not that u can buy the nano with vp points
    Don't you just hate this kind of ppl
    http://redwing.hutman.net/%7Emreed/w...rouscranus.htm

Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast