Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Sealed High-Quality T-Shirt & Final Respite

Funcom employee

I gotta be honest here and say that I would be really, really nervous about going back and tweaking the older bags, particularly when it comes to something like the RBP and such. The workaround with the Final Respite bag forced me to create a "new" version of the bag that ends up being spawned to your inventory in the tradeskill process - This new version has a new resource ID and a new HASH code, making it a separate entry in the database from the older version.

The issue here comes in terms of things like tradeskill checks, or even checks in missions and unique requirements, and so on and so forth; to make these bags actually have packs, they would have to receive new versions in the database, and these new versions by default wouldn't work with any pre-existing tradeskills or anything of the sort; being frank, I'm afraid that in messing around with these older items, sooner or later there'd be something that we'd miss, and it'd end up causing a massive headache for both us and for the playerbase.

I'm not saying that it isn't a *possibility* down the line, but at the moment trying to track down all potential issues is something that would really take a lot more time than it's worth right now; we've got a pretty full dance card these days, and while I agree that giving these items pack functionality would be *nice* I also can't sit here and say that, with everything that'd have to be checked and everything that could potentially go wrong, it's a 'high-priority' kinda issue.

Now that we've thought of a work-around solution, though, it may be something we end up doing at a later date, perhaps even in the itemization round of The Rebalancing work. It's just... not quite as easy as it sounds.

Edit: As a note, looking through a few things, we may actually be fixing this particular bug via code in the near future, which would allow backpacks looted from a corpse to actually maintain their pack functionality. No promises there, but if so it'd save us from having to deal with going back and making alterations to any older backpacks in the game (which would be pretty awesome). =)
    Brad L. McAtee / Kintaii
    Former Senior AO Designer & Jack of All Trades
    (2007 - 2012)
    ~~ Twitter :: Facebook :: Norse Noir ~~

what about the Double Candy-Canes backpack from christmas? these had no problem being bps looted from mobs. And as for the older bps, my friend has a backpack of survival that functions as a backpack...im jealous, maybe its just some glitch that his can open and mine cannnot? I think i heard somewhere that at one time waaay back in the early days of ao they did open and maybe thats why his opens and i got a newer version that doesn't.

Funcom employee

It's a bug. Bugs are weird like that. XD
    Brad L. McAtee / Kintaii
    (2007 - 2012)

Weren't the Candy Cane bags popped out of XMas gift boxes and not directly looted off mobs though? Or am I not remembering it right?

Anyway if the dropping packs bug was fixed and the other bag types were given pack functionality I assume this would apply retroactively?

Ophiuchus : 220/30/80 HAHA etc
    Nahuatl
    :: 220/30/80 Melee 4lyfe
    Khurkh :: 220/30/80 healtankpew
    Transcendence
    Msanthropic
    : 210/26/60 nanostab
    Spidershiva :: 165/23/42 kite? eh?
    Silentmotion
    : 150/20/42 tankthink
    The Union

Quote Originally Posted by Trgeorge View Post
    And Empovered RBP
    My eRBP works fine as a bag. The RBP it came from, however, did not. But the RBP currently on my doc, which I got from the Collector, does.

Weirdness, eh?

Quote Originally Posted by Kintaii View Post
    Edit: As a note, looking through a few things, we may actually be fixing this particular bug via code in the near future, which would allow backpacks looted from a corpse to actually maintain their pack functionality. No promises there, but if so it'd save us from having to deal with going back and making alterations to any older backpacks in the game (which would be pretty awesome). =)
    Hm, what would that do to the packfull of Backpacks of Survivial I have on my bank toon?
    Isn't the bag-within-a-bag issue the reason they don't work properly when looted in the first place?
    Last edited by MajorOutage; Oct 31st, 2010 at 09:45:37.
    Because Race Yalm

Ah yes Ophi you are right....you were always good at pointing out my mistakes to make me feel silly

Smile

Kintaii, while fixing Final Respite BP option can we get this as backpack?
    Comdriver, RK2 engi and RK1 since 2012
    WTB belt for engineering tools

Quote Originally Posted by Means View Post
    hjyuhjyuyhjyuhj45uhy4gftrftrg2

Funcom employee

I should note that while we were hoping to get an update out this week to address these (and other) issues, we may be a bit delayed on being able to put out a patch to the live servers at the moment for various reasons. That said, I cannot guarantee that the fix for the QL 300/QL 1 shirts will hit the live dimensions prior to the end of the Halloween festivities.

Even if we aren't able to get the fix out in time before the end of the Halloween events these items are not dated and will be returning next year with all the needed fixes applied. Our sincere apologies to anyone who was unable to get these items in this update - Next year may have to do. Sorry!

(also the fix to the final respite back item will be going in with the next patch, and as it doesn't require you to re-loot anything everyone who managed to snag one will able to use it as a backpack regardless in the next update we ship to the live servers)
    Brad L. McAtee / Kintaii
    (2007 - 2012)

Is the plan to fix the container of the shirt (to give it 100% chance to give the shirt) or have the GUPHs drop the shirts directly?

Funcom employee

Unfortunately, due to the nature of the bug with the item, we pretty much literally cannot fix it (told you it was stupid ><). Again, as noted above, while we were hoping to be able to fix these issues before the end of the Halloween celebrations, it currently doesn't look likely - As said, the shirts are not dated, and will return next year (this time with a 100% chance on the item that contains the shirt).
    Brad L. McAtee / Kintaii
    (2007 - 2012)

So, as we naturally want the shirt now, instead of later, we just have to hunt the containers and hope for the best. Instead of getting just one and waiting it to be fixed for better chance?

Either is fine, just making sure if my wait-for-fix plan wasn't as good as I thought it might be.

There's still time for GUPH-hunting.

The Halloween content will be removed on Nov 11th? or earlier?
    Gimp army from outer space:
    Falkvinge.::.Synneve.::.Gothangel.::.Devilbunny.::.Ulcerosa.::.Alywen

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12