Page 1 of 7 1234567 LastLast

Thread: Remove /assist macro.

Remove /assist macro.

Ya i know that its needed for pvm and blah blah zerg raids for the win blah blah but i dont give a f... about.

Just frikin had it with mass pvp being full hp/zoning to reclaim/once getting there watching the dmg spam that i got in 0.5 sec.

Remove it- if you got copple of people all of which want to attack same target let them tab between 50 other targets first
    Build a fire to somebody and you provide him with a heat and a light for a night. Put somebody on fire and you provide him with a heat and a light for the rest of his life.

If they remove a needed PvM mechanic that serves a great purpose from lvls 1-220 just to make end game PvP a little easier I think they're insane. Can't agree with you on that one Sevent, sorry.
    ------------------------------------------------------------
    Grumpy "Siorai" Oldgit - 220.25 Clan Atrox Doctor - Screenshot - Equip (old)

First trox doc on RK1 using Blades of Boltar.

My Spirit Shroud Hell - Over 1400 kills with no drop.

Quote Originally Posted by Dromyrdraal
    If they remove a needed PvM mechanic that serves a great purpose from lvls 1-220 just to make end game PvP a little easier I think they're insane. Can't agree with you on that one Sevent, sorry.
    Werd.

I don't think FC are that far gone that they'd contemplate this outside of their X-mas party, fortunately.
    (The real problem is when they code during said party, though.. )
    Tempus fugit.

Everybody has a photographic memory.
    Some don't have film.

When you find a big kettle of crazy it's best not to stir it.
    -PHB/Scott Adams

Who cares about pvm as far as i care give mobs 100 k nuke that they use the instant somebody uses /assist can garantee people wont see /assist as needed 30 sec after it goes live.
    Build a fire to somebody and you provide him with a heat and a light for a night. Put somebody on fire and you provide him with a heat and a light for the rest of his life.

That idea is not that stupid as it look at first. However I think it would be OK to leave /assist as it is but remove /assist [name].

Then assisting within team would still be possible and Docs could also use assist on big mofo mob to see who has aggro and heal during big raids.

At the same time it would make pvp and big raids a bit more challange and fun as every team would need their own targeter.
    Awikun 220/70/30 Ranged adv - my Main that I hardly ever log
    Awisha 220/70/30 Shade - Can solo 95% of all bosses
    Cratawi 200/70/30 Crat - S7/DR Solo farmer
    Awiken 220/70/30 Eng - Pvm Eng
    Nukiwa 200/70/30 NT - almost forgotten (awaiting retwink)
    Awidoc 200/70/30 Doc - 200 fun pvp twink
    Awix 200/70/30 Fix - 200 fun pvp twink
    Awienf 220/70/30 Enf - tanked every single boss (and still lives)
    Soldawi 220/70/30 Sol - Pvm Sold
    Awima 150/xx/xx Ma - best S10 MA farmer
    Doctorawi 220/70/30 - Pvm Doc
    Awienfo 200/70/30 - Atrox with Pande red belt and 2xQL300 hammers
    Macierewicz 220/70/30 - Pvm Crat
    Zlakobieta 220/70/30 - max complit +top tradeskiller

Quote Originally Posted by seventshadow
    Who cares about pvm as far as i care give mobs 100 k nuke that they use the instant somebody uses /assist can garantee people wont see /assist as needed 30 sec after it goes live.
    Sevent, not everybody lives in your 220 world you know, some of us don't care about nerfing every prof under the sun just to give us an edge at 220. Some of us like game mechanics that help people enjoy the majority of the game, i.e the journey from 1-220.

All I see from you these days is ideas to help your toon at 220 regardless of what impact that has on anyone else. If you want a single player game where you can be god, I'll send you the godmode cheats for Doom and you can run off killing everything with no fear of dying. If, however, you want to participate in an MMORG, where participation in a greater whole is key, then you can't endlessly think of yourself.

So you get to not die while zoning, meanwhile every lowbie team that /assist's on tank has to tab through all the pets, nearby mobs etc to find the one getting hit, by which point the tank is dead.

I suggest they put a nuke in game whereby every whining idiot that only cares about themself logs in, they instantly get hit for 1 million points of "FFS give it a rest" damage.
    Grumpy "Siorai" Oldgit - 220.25 Clan Atrox Doctor - Screenshot - Equip (old)

First trox doc on RK1 using Blades of Boltar.

My Spirit Shroud Hell - Over 1400 kills with no drop.

Quote Originally Posted by Awi
    At the same time it would make pvp and big raids a bit more challange and fun as every team would need their own targeter.
    Ok, I know full well that this is a darned stupid question, but I'm a 'Trox.
    At big raids, just how many mobs are there?? I'd gotten the understanding that at mercs a puller brought (hopefully) only one mob back, there's only one Tara, one beast..
    Aren't sidekicks cleared out either before teh biggie or by designated teams??
    Tempus fugit.

Some don't have film.

-PHB/Scott Adams

I suggest they put a nuke in game whereby every whining idiot that only cares about themself logs in, they instantly get hit for 1 million points of "FFS give it a rest" damage.
    lol, bump.

Quote Originally Posted by jokzer
    Ok, I know full well that this is a darned stupid question, but I'm a 'Trox.
    At big raids, just how many mobs are there?? I'd gotten the understanding that at mercs a puller brought (hopefully) only one mob back, there's only one Tara, one beast..
    Aren't sidekicks cleared out either before teh biggie or by designated teams??
    The best example would be beast raid:
    Whole raidforce have to travel all the way through Pandemonium and most of the time there are multiple mobs attacking.
    Also big pvp wars would be affected because as it is now each side has a targeter, when he calls your name (and 20-30 or even more ppl /assist him) you are instantly dead.

with nice lag you can even die 10-20 times and receive damage/death messages for 5 minutes

mass PvP wont be /assist+AS anymore, but actually involve some skills.

Will be problems with zerging in pand tho. Maybe restricting /assist to use only on mobs shoudl help.

But overally this is really ice suggestion for mass pvp, cuze in its current state its not enjoyable unless you're admin, very lil things you can do on your own. only /assist, shoot, which makes NW forces of each side one big laggy Iron Fist.

Well, bump with exception to make it usable only on mobs

Yes and through the path of that Nerf MR thread, he was convinced otherwise of his thoughts.

Guess what? The ability to listen to others ideas and thoughts and think them through... and *GASP* perhaps have your own ideas and thoughts altered... is not a shameful thing. Its being rational and open-minded.

And you know what? I DO think MR and AS are moronic. However, if they were removed without looking at acro, bio, and all the rest.... that would be sink far below the level of being moronic. The real fix to any problem is never unilateral.

However, I do understand your point about /assist - but its not a problem in large scale PvP if you kill the callers quick. It takes a few precious seconds to get someone else put on assist, or to get your own targets... and that confusion is usually more than enough to turn the tides of war. Though I don't like getting called as much as the next person. In fact, I feel downright useless after it happens. But... it takes teamwork of the entire raidgroup in PvP in order to prevent unnessesary deaths.
    {Self-Moderated by Iolanthe}
    //220//19// ex nihilo, nihil fit

Proud Veteran of Tranquility
    RK-1's First 220 Hawt Solitus Shade
    Hawter than j00 and always right. Always.

-=Mottos to Troll by=-
    "I am Paper. Rock is fine. Nerf Scissors." "Shaddup before I smite you with scary logic bombs
    and keeel you with mind bullets." "You don't have to provide all sides of an arguement
    when the other perspectives are clearly bullsh*t."

I'm a PvP fan, but I can't support this suggestion. Sorry Sev. =/
    -- Chilled, Co-Leader --
    South of Heaven :: RK2

No exp perks trained, Under Protest!

Maybe if theyre really sadistic, the LE Mechs will all be named something similar, and you have to so something else to find out the pilot.

Caller : Target <<Big Omni Mech>>
    Everyone : WHICH ONE?
    Omutb - President - Ring of Destruction

If you only knew the power of the Frosted Strawberry Poptart....

"Once more unto the breach, dear friends, once more; Or close the wall up with our English dead." - because Wales just isnt a country

Chernobyl, providing the freshest bottled water since 1986, for that healthy green glow.

Make it own side only

When you do this, make 200+ neuts able to swap to omni or clan also, would solve alot of probs
    :-(

Quote Originally Posted by Awi
    The best example would be beast raid:
    Whole raidforce have to travel all the way through Pandemonium and most of the time there are multiple mobs attacking.
    Ok, I'll buy that Pande isn't a terribly pleasant and friendly area.

Nice to see those two still going at it, making sure this won't happen, btw..
    Tempus fugit.

Some don't have film.

-PHB/Scott Adams

As a shade in a pande raid... en masse or otherwise, I find myself tanking adds to make sure they don't get on the less squishy people (i.e. docs.. its easier for them to heal me than it is for them to heal themselves)... and with pande raids, my /assist had always been lagged or I'm out of range of the mob being attacked. So.. I don't use assist that much - though I do some. In larger raids, I slack, because my FPS goes down the drain pipe, I don't have much of a choice. Still, I do what I can.

Just adding that /assist isn't completely nessesary, if people pay attention, though in zerg groups, its almost a nessesity because of the performance of the servers... and because the game simply cannot handle rendering that many people + effects + enviroment (no arguements about jacking gfx down, I do that, though I really shouldn't have to.) en masse for mass PvP.

Its a nessesary evil, unfortunately.

-=Mottos to Troll by=-
    "I am Paper. Rock is fine. Nerf Scissors." "Shaddup before I smite you with scary logic bombs
    and keeel you with mind bullets." "You don't have to provide all sides of an arguement

lvl 220 is ALL that matters. Anything less than 220 sux and doesnt dseserve to be given the time of day. Period. Except me of course. I rock.
    Nitsobar - lvl 219/13 Doc - Equipment - Perks - History
    MrBruce - lvl 204/6 MA - Equipment - Perks - History
    MsHackalot - lvl 123/9 Twink Fixer - Equipment - Perks - History

Veterans of Synergy Factor

Click to email me

/assist isn't the problem Sevent, it's the PvP in this game. I've watched some of it plus some 1v1's at Bor FT and all I have to say is boring. The PvP in this game could learn alot from some other games because watching a 220 perk-kill someone in a split second... sorry to say isn't PvP.
    Apokolips -=- Chief Engineer Level 185 "Does your Gigi Waddle?"
    Apokyrozch -=- Fixer Level 122
    Apokolipsis -=- Trader Level 100
    Apokalock -=- Nano-Technician Level 81
    Apokakron -=- Meta-Physicist Level 54

She lolwns me Alessa

Quote Originally Posted by Darklock
    /assist isn't the problem Sevent, it's the PvP in this game. I've watched some of it plus some 1v1's at Bor FT and all I have to say is boring. The PvP in this game could learn alot from some other games because watching a 220 perk-kill someone in a split second... sorry to say isn't PvP.

While I'll agree some of it is totally not fun.. I have to disagree with you on the account of it being boring.

The last several Tara raids have been a hoot... not only because omni won them, but because the battle itself. It wasn't overly biased for numbers... it was just a blast.

Also, may I direct you to Tiamin's PvP video section in Atleantean life? Great fun if you ask me!

I do think AO could learn from other games, but to say that AO has it all wrong is a bit.. well, unfair to FC. We wouldn't be here if that were the case.

-=Mottos to Troll by=-

Quote Originally Posted by seventshadow
    Pure Katth is in bad mood again :/ What it is this time you didnt run away unlike usual so lost title (again) or you lost towers?
    I think the second answer may be correct.
    I had to log out but I think it is highly probable that within 1 hour QL250 CT will be killed.

Page 1 of 7 1234567 LastLast