Thread: Chests and RK Missions

Chests and RK Missions

I was doing a couple team missions with a crat, calming mobs and lockpicking chests. Eventually I stumbled upon some nodrop items, such as the aao and aad Ring of Lucks. When I went back to the mission to retrieve them on an alternate character, however, I could not find the chest. Or..Any chest for that matter. They all seemed to dissapear.. Is this normal? I was under the presumption that items in chests would cause the chest to never rot. Is there a timer on the things?

I think you need to have someone that holds the 'loot' of the chest in the meanwhile you run there with your desired character.
    Valhall Guardians

Thapetowner 220 Meta-Physicist
    Hyimoliver 220 Soldier
    Ihatemyself 200 Shade
    Hardcore 200 Adventurer
    Ilovetokill 170 Agent
    Ilovetodrain 150 Trader
    Oxiahe 150 Doctor
    Critterz 150 Martial-Artist
    Awaaa 74 Soldier

If you loot something else from that chest, it disappears quickly. So don't do that till you have looted the nodrop item already.

I think the time frame is something like 5 minutes before an opened container despawns. Unless it's held by someone
    Freqflyerdnt (Fix) - Codney (MP) - Fiddlybit (Crat) - Breaker117 (Enfo) - Spasticdent (NT) - Fiveof9 (Keeper) - Maleshai (Advy) - Tacitblue (Shade)

Squad Commander of Ab aeterno animus liberi

Quote Originally Posted by Lazy
    clearly, it's all because arbalest is clan-only. all the omnis pvpers went clan for arbalest and all the omni pvmers went clan for the 35% xp buff so now the ratio of clan to omni is 9:1 herp derp clan favouritism herp derp devs are clan.

Quote Originally Posted by Freqflyerdnt View Post
    I think the time frame is something like 5 minutes before an opened container despawns. Unless it's held by someone
    No, like I said.. Don't loot any items from the chest or it will despawn.

Quote Originally Posted by Phatkeep View Post
    so you can open the chest, not loot anything, leave the mish for lets say 1 day empty without having a char in there and then enter again and loot?

thanks for replying ^^

If you loot something else from that chest, it disappears quickly. So don't do that till you have looted the nodrop item already.
    Thanks for the info! I knew chests weren't supposed to despawn by some machanic, I just didn't realize looting from it would activate its despawn timer.

Personal experience with first Inner Circle says it is not true. I havent touched the chest, called a friend, give him a key and.... Inner Circle vanished.
    That was my saddest day in AO ever.
    Lainbr - 220/30/70 Meta-Physicist Nanomage - E / Spirals - 220/30/70 Enforcer Solitus - E / Kokusho - 201/22/55 Fixer Nanomage - Equip Soon ;o
    Traderbr - 180/0/0 Trader Nanomage - / Kaoru - 60/0/0 Meta-Physicist Nanomage - totw semitwink
    Proud veteran of Spartans

To devs: You failed redesigning MPs as NTs with pets. I want my debuffer back.
    Dreamer: Basically - I wish THIS much effort was put in to ALL profs rebalance docs.

Kintaii: Genele is more hardcore than you, your guildmates, and anyone else you've ever played with
    Anarrina: Trust me, I'm not that scary in real life.