Thread: *** And the Billionaire winner is ... ***

Cool *** And the Billionaire winner is ... ***

Advoxas

Congratulations :-)

Contact me and collect your 1 billion creds.

Here is my chatlog. Thanks to Boringname for verifying the draw, and for everyone else for taking part.

Phyxr: Right - time for the draw - good luck
    Phyxr shouts: Welcome to the draw for 1 billion credits.
    Phyxr shouts: I will roll one random number using "/tell helpbot !roll 144".
    Phyxr shouts: In the unlikely event the winning player is on my ignore list they will be disqualified and I will roll again.
    Phyxr shouts: If the winner does not collect his winnings within a week, I will draw another ticket here at the same time next week.
    Phyxr shouts: OK, here goes. Good luck everyone.
    To [helpbot]: !time
    [Helpbot]: The Current Time is 12:00:43 GMT »» More Information
    To [helpbot]: !roll 144
    [Helpbot]: From 1 to 144, I rolled 32. To verify this use: /tell Helpbot verify 0

Phyxr shouts: Congratulations go to Advoxas, who is now a billionaire!

Phyxr: [Helpbot]: From 1 to 144, I rolled 32. To verify this use: /tell Helpbot verify 0
    Boringname: :P
    Phyxr: please one of you verify the roll please and post the result
    Boringname: [Helpbot]: 1 minutes and 0 seconds ago, I told Phyxr: From 1 to 144, I rolled 32
    Phyxr: Thank you - and better luck next time

thnx a lot phyxr, found the right post this time lolz

finished the deal and all saved up.

thnx phyxr, this year's real santa clause lol

Ouch, what a missed oppertunity on some rigging :P
    Formerly Vhab.
    Once upon a time ruled a server. And then sold out. Sorry.

grats lol vhab :P

p.s. using computer generated random numbers is not fair, it's not a true random roll. it would have been better to use a "true random number generator" like the one on this website: http://www.random.org/integers/. or even better, get a 144 sided dice and roll it
    main characters on RK1: Kingduck138 220 Engi Mongoose135 170 Agent Nnivekccub 165 Engi Kingduck135 170 Soldier Mongoose831 160 Agent Healdocheal 150 Doc Atroxshade 130 Shade Nanottwink 130 NT Mongoose144 125 Agent Ducktroxjr 117 Fixer Eternalguard 65 Enf Boringname 61 Fixer Kingduck139 60 Eng Atheist 60 MA Mongoose142 30 DocMongoose138 15 Agent Mongoose141 21 Agent

It's true, infact helpbot's implementation is very far from random.
    It's possible to predict the next roll. But for the purpose used, it's random enough.
    A good random would be something seeded by analog input like noise.
    Formerly Vhab.

Phyxr I got to say, you're a very cool player. Congratulations to the winner.

Grats, and purly out of curiosity can you do on roll with that random number generator =p so we can all moan if we win it <3

brilliant contest tho
    Enfizzle 220/30/70 Enforcer e
    Zdocta 220/30/70 Doctor e
    Nukizzle 220/26/70 NT e
    Engiz 220/30/64 Engineer e

Quote Originally Posted by Vhab View Post
    A good random would be something seeded by analog input like noise.
    Without assuming you didn't know this, that is in fact the method used at random.org.

however, you are correct in saying that helpbot's generator is "random enough" for this purpose; even if the number wasn't random, one could say that the order in which the contestants were entered was "random"
    Last edited by KingDuck; Dec 9th, 2007 at 20:38:03.
    main characters on RK1: Kingduck138 220 Engi Mongoose135 170 Agent Nnivekccub 165 Engi Kingduck135 170 Soldier Mongoose831 160 Agent Healdocheal 150 Doc Atroxshade 130 Shade Nanottwink 130 NT Mongoose144 125 Agent Ducktroxjr 117 Fixer Eternalguard 65 Enf Boringname 61 Fixer Kingduck139 60 Eng Atheist 60 MA Mongoose142 30 DocMongoose138 15 Agent Mongoose141 21 Agent

Ffs, the method to be used for the draw was specified in the original post.
    Like everything else in the draw it was my choice.

Quote Originally Posted by Phyxr View Post

Ffs, the method to be used for the draw was specified in the original post.
    Like everything else in the draw it was my choice.
    Don't let it bother you. It's just geeks talking about mad random number generators. :P
    Formerly Vhab.

Thread Closed per request of Original Poster
    Director Bekrowe
    ARK Community Relations
    Public Forums Moderator
    Advisors of Rubi-Ka

:: Social Guidelines ::
    :: Ark Public Website :: Social Events with ARK :: Rubi-Ka Marriage Registry :: ARK Tours :: Join ARK!