Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast

Thread: Friday with Means - June 25th, 2010 - Happy Birthday..Holy sh*t we're NINE!

Quote Originally Posted by Keex View Post
    http://www.students.uni-marburg.de/~Wallauej/AO/

last year i uploaded a lot of my screenshots (dating back to early '03) there. i guess, most people find them really boring because they didn't make them themselves, but who knows..doesn't hurt to have them

epic moment... i have to think on that one http://www.students.uni-marburg.de/~...1_scrn0021.jpg

my first kill of aze in totw, that was really cool xD
    Oh god the old GUI I miss it so much

Happy Birthday RubiKa

Congratulations on being one of the oldest virtual worlds in existence.

We loved, lived, dreamed and bled you.

Here's to many more years.

Favourite memory? Mort Borgs. My first time there on Argo, as a froob, in a really fun pick-up team. Getting taught how to kill them, those 'oh carp!' moments when you get aggro and need to start running. Making so much progress that I actually outlevelled all my RL friends in that one evening. Hitting lv100, which at the time was a huge milestone. And all the while listening to Pendulum REALLY LOUDLY on repeat. Hearing them still reminds me of that evening, and I always find Borg teams fun because of that.

Either that or my adventure in a daily mission with Means the other day!

Happy 9th Birthday, AO. I can't wait to see what the future has in store for you.

--Argo
    Tacharnan - 220/27/70 neut Advy, NEPA [s]
    Argo - 210/23 neut Fixer, NEPA
    Argottus - 183 omni Fixer (froob)
    DrZhivargo - 153/11 neut Doc, NEPA
    Tacharkeep - 150/9 omni Kipper
    Argoleech - 106 omni Tarder (froob)
    Argomp - 73 neut MP (froob), NEPA
    Tachargo - 55/6/14 neut Fixer, NEPA

RK2 | TLFivePlus | Omneut

Many years back,
    on my first or second day in AO i accidently landed in a reets whompa. I didn't have a clue what was happening and where i was going but was sure i would end up in some high end dungeon and die horribly.

When i found out what it was about I was just totally amazed there would be such a huge place completely dedicated to social events. But that's exactly what AO is about - it' s a huge social event,

looking forward to the next 9 years of it
    Nijushio - 220/30 - semi-retired MA
    Nijutech - 220/29 - funny Engi
    Sabrezor - 170/24 - bored Advy
    Sabrezap - 150/20 - confused fixi

My favorite moment...

Accidentally running into a Baboons whom-pah at early levels. I ran around in Omni-entertainment for a long time crying for help! I had no idea where I was, or what to do. There was no one there. I asked the OOC as well. Ended up having to attack a guard...

Oh, and when I first bought the expansions... My friend was telling me the XP-gain was AWESOME! I was like: "Holy carp, I'm there!". Then he ran me over to kite hill and wanted me to just sit there. I almost cried.

Well, here I am after 2 1/2 years, and I'm hoping for many more!

Happy birthday AO!

Quote Originally Posted by Mpfha View Post
    Making money for my first yalm. OMG I can't believe how hard that was (bought it for 5.8m I think).
    Ooh. This too. I was also damn proud of my first. But also:

On my first day off noob island, I ran around bor and was staring wideeyed at the flying cars wondering how I would ever afford it. Then someone flew past in a Stiletto... I was like "ok I WANT one of those".

It stayed a wet dream for awhile, until FC decided to give froobs NW access, and I suddenly realized I could now actually achieve my dream.

After many months, and lots of hard twinking (you try getting 920 VA on a TL5 froob, aint easy ) I finally got it built, and then finally equipped (think i had it in my inv for a few weeks before i reached the 920). I was so tripping the day I got it on. Must have flown throughout every single zone on a giant cruise, listening to the Top Gun anthem on repeat too many times.

i wont go emo, but i love to be here.

Happy Birthday Rubi-Ka

lol iriche.

Prouver que j'ai raison serait accorder que je puisse avoir tort.

Best memory, with no doubt, I met the love of my life, my wife, in AO. Holds a special place that can never be replaced.

Devs, funcom, players, all part of a lifetime memory, now that is something
    Last edited by MrMacdk; Jun 26th, 2010 at 22:43:23.
    "Death is as big a part of life, as life it self".
    First wizard, Sword of Truth.

Macdk TL7 Equip
    Baraccus TL7
    Equip
    Raugmoss TL7
    Equip
    Maczilla TL5
    Equip
    Maczol TL4
    Equip

most memories

1st to mind - Epic Tower battles,
    2nd Grinding hecklers in adonis, and first time getting there, shivers.
    3rd OP aliens, at AI launch, groups with everything from lvl 25 to 220 running around
    wonder wtf the aliens are unkillable

Man i miss AO times.. well aoc will have to do, until the new engine gets in.

- Gained more than 1500 levels in Ao, im bored.
    ╔═══════════════════════════════════════════╗
    PresidentofEvisystems-esbjerg,Danmark║
    ╟───────────── Motto─────────────────────────╢
    ║ We the willing, have done so much with so little ▓ ▓
    ║ That we are now able to do anything with nothingADD
    ╟───────────── Accounts ──────────────────────╢
    ║ Account # 1 Account Created 2002-05-02 21:09:22
    ║ Account # 2 Account Created 2004-07-23 15:33:45
    ║ Account # 3 Account Created 2004-10-17 11:36:54
    ╚═══════════════════════════════════════════╝

SOOO about that rebalance thing....

Things I loved:
    Standing inline at game store for the Boxed Edition of AO at release.
    Opening it up and having the wall poster special edition map of Rubi Ka.
    Patching 11.0 to 12.0 when 12.0 was the current patch.
    Running from 20 roller rats in the original back yards are level 2 screaming HELP!!!!
    At level 24 rolling full hard missions to open chest to find your fist Yalm. Yes they were chest loot till like 12.3 or so.
    The original character creation lab.
    Being accepted into the first wave of beta testers for SL.
    Test server Character Wipe - Starting on a fresh server is so much fun. Really it is.
    First time walking through arrival hall.
    220 on first toon.
    Watching Kicky become the first player to reach 200 after release.
    Dove's Map getting included with the AO client.
    First battle with Beast ever ... 140 toons with GM/Dev help and we got so wiped.
    Getting fed to Tara on Test server just because a GM/BH/Dev thought it would be funny.
    Dropped from 999.9 altitude and falling to your death when fall damage existed - again on test server. Those BH/Dev's have evil little minds they do.

Some not so favorite moments:
    Original Dimach getting nerfed. Still pissed about this FC.
    The original Freedom Arms pistols getting removed from game.
    ELLTS taken out of shops and loot tables.
    The 12.6 patch. How many folks have both roll back tee-shirts?
    The lost of the original GUI
    Saying good bye to Dove when she left the game. Best wishes to her where ever she is now.
    The original SL gardens - they so sucked. Glad they got changed.

People I miss from my AO time:
    Dove
    Chronita
    DaveDread
    Jayde
    No Evades Diff
    Wendy
    Thyrra
    Lheann
    President of When I Grow Up

Lhisa - MA - RK1
    MaxKillz - Enf - RK1
    Namaru - Enf - RK1

"If you find yourself loosing a fight, your tatics suck."

Party's over. Had a smashing good time.

I was "Selbin" (froob account). Good evening all!

THINGS i miss..
    - Fall Damage!
    - actually losing XP when dying.
    - Reclaim! omg

i remember the first tower battle on RK2. so many people in the zone, people were apparently getting error messages that the zone was full, trying to get in on it.

and course, the original, MP Black Sunday. what ever happened to TheDeacon!? i led the march on rk2 and it was just crazy. 5 hours to walk from Hope to ICC! (yes, literally "walk"!). which reminds me...

i also miss the old skool missions. where there was only one big room, and all the others were the super tiny rooms. so easy to get lost, so trivial for the pets to end up getting it on with door frames.

speaking of pets.. i also remember (And one of the causes of Black Sunday) how Mez Pets would be lethal to the owner and his team. where they wouldnt actually mez a target, but rather... que up all the attacks. so outa no where, you'd be hit 6 times by the mob, and be instantly dead.

and then speaking of lethal pets... all the techniques pet prof players had to learn when running around outside or inside, to keep their pets from getting stuck on the smallest of random things... *sighs* people today just dont know just how horrible pet pathing was years ago.

okaye THANKS for making me feel so friggin old!

Level 1 to 300 in 8 Years! Pwn!
    - Join us on Discord! -
    AO WIKI!
    Arcanum!

Quote Originally Posted by shadowgod View Post
    THINGS i miss..
    - Fall Damage!
    - actually losing XP when dying.
    - Reclaim! omg

(
    good memories.
    ======================

blix01/spookiepants/stiffwood

My fav memory is....
    I'm logging in and see one of my alts in game. WTF! I never ever even thought about giving my password away, but here we are, my alt is on.
    Then, I realise that some GM logging my toons 1 by 1 and stripping them all off in bor basic.

And then, it ended up with... I think many people know what happened...
    Whatever, happy birthday AO, keep it up Means n Co.

And bye AO, was nice...
    G.F.B.D.
    --------------------------------------------
    Artyomis has played 800 days 0 hours 0 minutes 0 seconds
    WTB subscription price lowered for eastern europe countries due to current USD/EUR-to-local-currency rates.

Quote Originally Posted by Artyomis View Post
    My fav memory is....
    I'm logging in and see one of my alts in game. WTF! I never ever even thought about giving my password away, but here we are, my alt is on.
    Then, I realise that some GM logging my toons 1 by 1 and stripping them all off in bor basic.

And then, it ended up with... I think many people know what happened...
    Whatever, happy birthday AO, keep it up Means n Co.

And bye AO, was nice...

ouch...sig says it all...
    220/30/70 OMNI SOLDIER - Tyler "Tyfow" Fowler SMG/PDKP -First!
    220/22/64 OMNI BUREAUCRAT - Iliek "Vaporeon" Mudkipz

Quote Originally Posted by Vaupelle View Post
    most memories

1st to mind - Epic Tower battles,
    2nd Grinding hecklers in adonis, and first time getting there, shivers.
    3rd OP aliens, at AI launch, groups with everything from lvl 25 to 220 running around
    wonder wtf the aliens are unkillable

Man i miss AO times.. well aoc will have to do, until the new engine gets in.
    Ya, it'd be nice if they offered an AOC/AO package deal... add TSW when it comes..

-Boom

Quote Originally Posted by tyfowler View Post
    ouch...sig says it all...
    Actually his sig does say it all and it's very much in the playerbase's favor.

The support team is working hard to get rid of one of the biggest problems in the game, and that's exploits. It's sad that Arty had this happen to him, but if he had not equipped the items though legitimate ways we would all be cheering on the GM for their work.

Means said to Arty that they put new safety measures in to make sure a legitimate player doesn't get stripped again but I would take 500 Arty events happening if it meant that they got 5000 illegitimate twinks.
    "A whole new place to run around for ages in then die suddenly without warning."

"I know who coded pet pathing... and when I see him I say "/follow" and I start waling in to walls :P"

The "Trolls" option is incorrect. The term trolls is not used to describe the gathering of information on the Internet.

<@Kintaii> L2P

Quote Originally Posted by Technogen View Post
    Means said to Arty that they put new safety measures in to make sure a legitimate player doesn't get stripped again but I would take 500 Arty events happening if it meant that they got 5000 illegitimate twinks.
    It's hard to catch 5000 when there's only like 50 twinks left on active accounts IMO
    New Engine - Announced: June 2007 ETA: Soon™ I'm speechless (June 2015)
    Rebalancing - Announced: January 2009 ETA: December 21, 2012 Started! (April 2015)
    New TL7 Pets - Announced: March 2009 ETA: Uh...
    AS Changes - Announced: July 2009 ETA: TBA
    Parry/Riposte - Announced: October 2009 ETA: ??? Did it! (April 2015)
    Perk Changes - Announced: October 2009 ETA: Right after server merge Started! (April 2015)
    Breed Change - Announced: November 2009 ETA: Hell freezing They did it!!! (Oct 2012)
    Beta Server - Announced: January 2010 ETA: Pigs Flying Did it! (Feb 2014)

Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast