Page 1 of 6 123456 LastLast

Thread: Process of Spawning Bosses

Spawning Bosses For Dummies (tm)

Hello everyone, thought this could be useful in the process of spawning pocket-pokemon-bosses.

I'll keep editing this post as you guys post your facts/theories here, then we'll all have the procedure right in front of us, I have already taken a few hints from other threads. Will update with links to databases and such when I have the time, supposed to be working atm.

RECORDED POCKET BOSS LOOT:

The best Pocket Boss Loot-site so far:

AO Pocket

For additional information you can try this link over to Herodotus' brillant Shadowlands-forum.

BASE REQUIREMENTS:

*An MP with one of the following"Boon of..."-programs (Can be found in: Shere Garden vendors, Adonis garden vendors, random drops throughout SL), sorted from top to bottom:

Boon of Ergo - Enel-Xum
    Boon of Ergo - Enel-Roch
    Boon of Ergo - Enel-Thar
    Boon of Ergo - Enel-Bhotaar
    Boon of Ergo - Ocra-Shere
    Boon of Ergo - Ocra-Xum
    Boon of Ergo - Ocra-Roch
    Boon of Ergo - Ocra-Thar
    Boon of Ergo - Ocra-Bhotaar
    Boon of Ergo - Aban-Shere

*Complete pattern of boss (Gather a-b-c-d-version of a specific boss-pattern and combine them in alphabetical order)

*Subdued Flow of Novictum

NOTE: Subdued Novictum is lootable from various mobs - though spirit mobs seem to drop it most often.

You can also get novictum in its base forms:

The Novictum comes in varying QLs with differnt names:

Disturbed Sequence of Novictum: QL 1 - 89
    Provoked Bond of Novictum: QL90 - 129
    Enraged Pith of Novictum: QL130 - 159
    Vicious Novictum Continuity: QL 160 - 189
    Furious Novictum Nexus: QL190 - 219
    Cataclysmic Birth of Novictum: QL220 - 300

To make these into Subdued Novictum you need an Ancient Novictum Refiner (Hard to get ahold of, can be bought from Yuttos Tools or sometimes it drops from The Lady, she spawns at the little spirit outdoors temple in the Nascence Valley that leads from the Jobe Research bridge to the crack in the wall.
    Thanks Xtremtech for that nice Copy & Paste Material ). No skill is required to "subdue" the Novictum.

Mobs also drop "Unpolluted Crystals". These are at present fixed and can be filled at Rubi-Ka Control Towers and will now work in the process at the moment.

*Incarnators (more to come):
    -Elysium: ql 130 "Monopolis Core", North Elysium 1100 x 900
    -Scheol: ql 140 "Marble Orchards, Scheol Upper 1525 x 1265
    -Adonis: ql 170, "East Pivot", NE of Adonis City, 2355 x 1155 Oh by the way, the *western* incarnator in Adonis is ql 190! Coordinates coming soon
    -Penumbra: ql 200, "Penumbra Main Vein (West)" 812 x 1059
    -Penumbra: ql 215, "Penumbra Valley (East)" 2491 x 1061
    -Inferno: ql 255, "Inferno Frontier" (more to come)

*Teammates

HUNTING AREAS FOR NOVICTUM: (with ql's most likely to drop)

ql 60-95 Near the incarnator NE of Cold Rock
    ql 80-140 (the odd 160+ every now and then): Northern Scheol, by Ergo. Kill named Spirits/Soul Dredges for guaranteed drops, regular Spirits and Spirit Hunters may also drop. Good drop rate if you aim for the Scheol pocket bosses, I spent 15 minutes today finding 6 x ql 125+ Novictum for a guildie.
    ql 130-180 or so:
    Adonis Spirit Bosses/Soul Dredge bosses
    ql 160-170ish: Penumbra Spirit Palace
    ql 180+: Inferno Spirit Room, currently the best spot
    ql 255+: (Quite rare) - drops from Dragon Bosses in Inferno, or you can find some pricy drops on the market forums.

SPAWNING PROCESS:

1. MP Boon-nanoprogram summons Unpolluted Crystal
    2. Fill crystal on control tower (RK CT is now accepted) - Yielding Crystal Filled by the Source (The MP will most likely have to do this, since it's a temporary item :P ) And just so know, you do not "initiate attack" on the CT while filling your crystals

3. Combine Complete Blueprint Pattern of 'The Elysian Soul Dredge with same or higher ql crystal - Requires 6 x ql of pattern in Nano Programming (NP) *(Was earlier 7,5 x) yielding Notum Crystal with Etched 'The Elysian Soul Dredge

4. Combine Notum Crystal with Etched 'The Elysian Soul Dredge with same or higher ql Subdued Flow of Novictum requiring 4,5 x (NOT 4 x) ql of pattern in Quantum FT (QFT), yielding Novictalized Notum Crystal with 'The Elysian Soul Dredge

5. Use Novictalized Notum Crystal on incarnator to spawn boss. You need to target the incarnator and then single right click on the Novictalized Crystal in your inventory. Remember to keep the Incarnator targeted while spawning, boss won't spawn if you i.e. target yourself while spawning is underway. NOTE: You'll lose your hp when spawning boss, be careful. NOTE: Do *NOT* spawn another pocket boss directly after killing one, check if you have a DoT running first

Location of possible ql 250 CT's:

Code:
    Deep Artery Valley:

2260, 1860	In the Swamp of Horrors
    2900, 1100	South of the Medusa
    540,  540	Southern Forest of Xzawkaz

Eastern Foul Plains:

2460, 2260	Old Plains
    1540, 1780	Middle of Easter Fouls Plains
     820,  540	Pegradul

Mort:

3060, 3020	West Spirals
    3500, 2980	East Sprials

Perpetual Wasteland:

3220, 3020	North of Cyborg Hideout
    3780, 2540	Middle of Liberty
    2820, 1820	Middle of Perpetual Wastelands
    3740, 1700	South of Cyborg Hideout

HINT: Be aware of that you can't NSD the "Imk" + "Anya" dragonbosses, they'll nuke no matter what. I've numerous times encountered Imk strolling around both incarnators, so bring sufficient healing

HINT mkII: In Penumbra there's a slight chance that your pocket boss might "fall off" the incarnator (eastern one), to avoid this target the incarnator, move to either side of the incarnator while having the incarnator targeted (don't move too far or you'll find yourself out of range to spawn) and then spawn.

Thanks to everyone that has helped out providing the information for this thread.
    Last edited by Metaing; Apr 25th, 2006 at 03:07:53.
    Rubber "Zhoknerfer" Critducky - Gear & Perks - Level 210 :: 11 - Opifex Martial Artist Guru
    Rubber "Xephydes" Ducky - Level 214 :: 2 - Nanomage Meta-Physicist Deity - Clan Meta-Physicist since February 19th, 2002
    Rubber "Premortem" Stabducky - TL5 :: 7 Opifex Shade

On extended leave... Awaiting Lost Eden I guess

Arcane Circle

WoW: Premortem, Night Elf Rogue, Draenor EU Server

Oh just to inform you all, I haven't done it myself yet, so any information is appreciated.
    Rubber "Zhoknerfer" Critducky - Gear & Perks - Level 210 :: 11 - Opifex Martial Artist Guru
    Rubber "Xephydes" Ducky - Level 214 :: 2 - Nanomage Meta-Physicist Deity - Clan Meta-Physicist since February 19th, 2002

Arcane Circle

What needs QFT: Novictalizing the crystal. Ie, you need a subdued flow of novictum at same or higher QL than the blueprint crystal to finish the process. After that, shake & bake,toss into an incarnator and presto, your very own boss. We've spawned a handful so far, seems like they drop junk and symbiotes (which are great, indeed).
    Ataur - Northern Star
    Ex Adrastus II

Excellent Ataur, updating now. Did I get that right? I'll be back later, have to work a little now
    Last edited by Xephydes; Sep 29th, 2003 at 10:20:17.

Arcane Circle

Re: Process of Spawning Bosses

Originally posted by Xephydes
    What we need to know:

-%-requirement of pattern compared to crystal?
    The bosses I've spawned so far has had same or higher ql required on both crystal/novictum according to pattern
    SS - Grandmaster of Fall Damage

Property of the Devil

On a long enough timeline, the survival rate for anyone drops to zero

Thanks SS, I'll keep updating, so I understand this right: It's the pattern that's sort of the "Base ingredient" here, and not the crystal?
    Last edited by Xephydes; Sep 29th, 2003 at 12:18:35.

Arcane Circle

Yup same or higher.

Incarnators are the round circles in the middle of those cross-roads things. The ones where the pillar of blue light shoots out from time to time.

Not you need to target the incarnator and then single right click on the Novictalised Crystal in your inventory.

Subdued Novictum is lootable from various mobs - though spirit mobs seem to drop it most often.

You can also get novictum in its base forms:

The Novictum comes in varying QLs with differnt names:

Disturbed Sequence of Novictum: QL 1 - 89
    Provoked Bond of Novictum: QL90 - 129
    Enraged Pith of Novictum: QL130 - 159
    Vicious Novictum Continuity: QL 160 - 189
    Furious Novictum Nexus: QL190 - 219
    Cataclysmic Birth of Novictum: QL220 - 300

To make these into Subdued Novictum you need an Ancient Novictum Refiner (rare drop from Yuttos Tools and from The Lady). Not sure on the Skill required for the refining. There is only one QL1 Ancient Novictum Refiner.

Mobs also drop "Unpolluted Crystals". These are at present bugged and cannot be filled at Rubi-Ka Control Towers and so will not work in the process at the moment.

X
    Xtremtech: MetaPhysicist currently resident on Test. (209 + 21 AI Levels).

Various other test MPs of differing levels and builds available.

SS, I assume agents have no problem using the Boon-nanos then?

Arcane Circle

Hoping to try some of this out as soon as I get ingame..

Arcane Circle

Hrm. One of my alts got a piece of 'subdued novictum' off The Lord today. Possible shortcut, or unrelated item? Anyone know? Alas, it is no drop, so I couldn't pass it to my other MP to try anything with it. =/

From earlier in the thread:

Subdued Novictum is lootable from various mobs - though spirit mobs seem to drop it most often.
    It's not NoDrop though. Only Unique.

X
    Last edited by XtremTech; Sep 29th, 2003 at 17:40:06.
    Xtremtech: MetaPhysicist currently resident on Test. (209 + 21 AI Levels).

Various other test MPs of differing levels and builds available.

Two Boon-nanos are also available in the Share-Garden.

Tarila

Thanks Tarila, I'll add that up top

Arcane Circle

oh we do... i assure you i wish it was otherwise though hard time finding mp's that even know what the Boon nanoline does...
    SS - Grandmaster of Fall Damage

Property of the Devil

On a long enough timeline, the survival rate for anyone drops to zero

Originally posted by SS

hard time finding mp's that even know what the Boon nanoline does...
    Hoping to improve that situation now SS

Arcane Circle

We just spawned our first boss in IA, ql 90 Elysian Soul Dredge, but it wasn't really anything to fear, hehe.

Used the incarnator in Elysium for that one.

Arcane Circle

oh we do... i assure you i wish it was otherwise though hard time finding mp's that even know what the Boon nanoline does...
    Just provide me with patterns and novictum, and i'll be your personal "Summon Boss'n Run Whore" SS

I got the q170 (?) Nano Uploaded and all.

Yes, I had great fun spawning & combining crystals and patterns today, just wish they could skip the QFT part and leave it to NP

Nah really, it will be good fun, especially with the higher level ones, I can't help drooling on those symbiants in the databases. Ours dropped symbiants with a lvl 52 req, 3 of them, but really only one of them was something you would use. It's still a good thing that there's a chance of several drops.

Arcane Circle

So for those of us without an org we can spawn bosses using incarnators and this negates the need for towers?

The boon nanos have a "Profession=MP" requirement on them instead of "VisualProfession", so no love for agents there
    Joseph "Votary" Zodiac - RK1 Clan Atrox MP
    I can summon pies (now mochams infused!)

"Holy Mocham!" - Votary

Page 1 of 6 123456 LastLast